Sup Forums Is there anyone you have ever talked too who actually disliked Hunter x Hunter and watched at least up to...

Sup Forums Is there anyone you have ever talked too who actually disliked Hunter x Hunter and watched at least up to the end of the York New City arc? I feel like there is something in there for everyone for moe do nothings and highschool romance.

Yes. You do know people like different things, right?

Everyone I know that disliked it dropped it at heavens arena. Shame tbqh

>I feel like there is something in there for everyone for moe do nothings and highschool romance.
What? No, there isn't. There's nothing for space opera fags, /k/ fags, /tg/ fags, romancefags (high school or not), period drama fags, etc. What are you even saying?

I just remembered /tg/ covers card games, fuck. Make that D&D-fantasy-fags, whatever.

>I feel there is something in there for everyone
That's retarded logic. Go shove everything in your fridge into a pot. You should have made the best food in the world now, right?

This is where I dropped it. Why on earth would you watch what I'm assuming is 50+ episodes of something you're not enjoying?

I kept giving it the benefit of the doubt, and it kept getting dumber and dumber.

If I'm going to watch some mind-numbing shounenshit, there are better options.

Heavens arena is important because it builds on how nen works. That said I'm not gonna force you to watch it, you could skip it and go to yorkshin just to see the zoldycks kick ass.

I guess I talked to me at some point.

HxH's sins:

- Kurapika and Leorio existing. Shit or get off the pot here: If you're going to have interesting characters, don't introduce them and then have them disappear a third of the way through.

- Chimera Ants going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, introducing more and more characters that no-one gives a shit about, and taking time away from characters we actually do.

- That bit in between the bit with the motorbike nanny and the end that doesn't really do anything or go anywhere

- The whole bit with Nanika that adds nothing and introduces yet more characters we don't care about

- THE FUCKING NARRATION, ALL THE TIME, INCESSANTLY TELLING US THINGS WE ALREADY SAW, ALREADY WORKED OUT, OR WERE JUST ABOUT TO GET TO SEE.

I'd say that was the exact point it jumped the shark.

If Nen was so important, and wasn't pulled out someone's ass, it would have been at least mentioned, in passing, at some point prior.

It honestly feels like some completely different show getting grafted on, and desperately wanting you to like it, and wanting you to buy the RPG sourcebook it's advertising.

The infodumps about character classes feel like the bits in Pokemon or Yugiou where they're plugging the game and tutorialing the viewer, the only difference being that HxH is trying to sell you on neo-HxH.

There's an argument saying it was subtle introduced because how the fuck else would cards cut people up? Also me personally I love nen it's very diverse and balanced even broken powers have limits. My last point being the power itself is also supposed to be super secret.

>Super-secret power
>Every Hunter has it
>Hunter exam is so well-know that thousands take it (and presumably tens-to-hundreds-of-thousands apply) each year
>Hunter Institute is massively influential, bordering on corporation-country
>Massive headquarters in capital city
>Super-secret

Stop with HxH threads, this anime is dead.
By the way, bump

if your gonna bait least be efficient, this shit is just embarrassing

>all these people starting and watching 2011 shit adaptation
seriously now? Just started watching HxH with the 1999 original series, and it was good since the beginning, got great at the Hunter exams, and superb at the York Shin City.

Everything I've seen of the 2011 version seems like a major downgrade to me.

Nice arguments.
1999 > 2011

>I fuckin' love HxH!
>Yeah, me too!
>Thanks, based MadHouse!
>Wait, MadHou- oh...

HxH 2011 is seriously fucking cancer. Thanks for attracting all these newcucks like flies to a steamy pile of turds.

Checked.

seems like I did the right choice starting with the 1999 original.

I agree that up until GI starts the 99 obliterates 2011

there was a guy who watched all the way to chimera ant arc just to complain about it last week or so

Hunters being well known != nen being well known
normal people can't even see nen

OVA GI is so fucking bad it hurts.
2011 GI is way better.

I read up to the York New and stopped at Greed Island. I hadn't actually liked it since the first arc