The monogatari series is the worst successful series in anime/manga/light novel history

The monogatari series is the worst successful series in anime/manga/light novel history

My dick and I would like to disagree

Is Bakemonogatari worth reading? Also, I just finished watching Bake and I heard Nise doesn't make sense unless you've read Kizu, so should I read Kizu before watching Nise?

That's not

Asterisk War
Oriemo
Fucking Sword Art Online

I don't like it either, but it's not the worst thing out there

sorry for bad English in advanced.

To be fair, honest, and unbiased, it really depends on your taste. It's common for anime studios to cut content or scenes from novels, manga, etc. In the case of the light novel there is more content and engagement. The dialogue and monologue from the anime makes scenes feel slow and often times boring, where as the novels feels fast paced and fun to read.

As for whether or not you should read Kizu, I'd say yes & no. While it is an interesting read, if you've already seen the anime and movie then you're getting the just a little bit of the information from the novel.

If you do decide to read it, then go for it. I do not think it's translated in English, unless you find fan translations from a wiki page that I cannot find. Try googling.
Good luck have fun.

Sword Art Online faces so much criticism in the west. The success of it here in Japan is much more tolerable. A majority of people here (myself included) believe that it was a pretty successful transition. Oriemo on the other hand many people liked it and others hated it. it is very divided here.

This is spooky Ougi, say something nice to her.

I don't think people here have problems with the adaptation of SAO as much as they do with the source itself

Do you really believe this? Out of all the successful Anime series Monogatari is the worst? Think about it.

Of the past decade, yeah. It's an insult to anything good and also to life itself t b q h

You can watch Nise without having to read Kizu first. You won't understand Araragi's and Shinobu's realationship but that's not too important for Nise. Just follow the anime release order, saving Kizu up for later is okay.

I'd recommend reading the Kizu LNs before watching the movies though

There's an official English translation out for kizu done by vertical. You can find it on amazon

the best*

The monogatari series is the only successful series in anime/manga/light novel history which really deserves success.

What is Raildex?

Worst girl
Kaiki fucked her

It's not the worst, but it's one of the worst and the fact that Sup Forums defends it proves it

I like all of those shows

Do only I have feeling that dialogues in this are fucking garbage?

this is the worst post in history

But Kaiki is best girl so that would naturally make her second best at least.

>worst successful series in light novel history
SAO is the first thing that comes to my mind

the fact that you even thought to type those words when shit like danmachi is released is all the confirmation of your shit taste we'll ever need.

I'm sorry, but that's objectively incorrect.

So you're basically asking for a monogatari thread?

Shit story shit girls over hyped.

Monogatari is a masterpiece

>what is Raildex
>what is SAO
>what is any successful WSJ garbage

I'm watching bakemonogatari and it's a fucking borefest.

No, you have just a shit taste.
It isn't phenomenal, but definitely great in general.

>ywn violently rape snail

Well, I watched it for the first time with memesubs, I wasn't aware yet that there are shit subs like commie, gg, or fff. It was awful and I dropped it. Then I picked it again because my friend told me that I watched it with wrong translation. After that I marathoned it all till the end of season 2.

And then I started to care about translations, more than about video quality.

It's not about mistranslation, it's about verbosity, they talk too much about nothing, it gets distracting.

Trust me, with good direct translation those dialogues are really interesting. This is the whole point of this series.
Well most of anime are focused on dialogues, except shounen shit.

Which subs did you choose for Second Season? Because if it was Coalgirls or any other Daisuki rip, it's literally dogshit.

that pantsu it's really big.

I watched it in my language, my friend was studying Japanese in college and with his friends he has done the translation for second season (as a project in College), with tons of references and notes. Generally great work (he didn't even share it for public use, because other 'subbers' from. My country would accuse him like memecartel is doing on nyaa for example), I doubt that any English translation is even close to this. Unfortunately it was the only translation from them and the rest of subs in my country sucks even more than commie.

So I tried watching episode 1 of Bakemonogatari, maybe I was just a little too drunk or something but I just did not understand what was going on and turned it off about halfway through. My question's simple, is the series actually that confusing, or was it just episode 1, or should I just watch the series while sober?

The story starts mysterious, but the author is very systematically in explaining every characters motivations and growth, all the reasons to every supernatural event happening around and basically everything that happens to Araragi since before bakemonogatari up to much later.

it isn't confusing although bits and pieces of information are slowly revealed throughout. i would watch it sober based on its avante-garde direction and heavy dialogue

>avante-garde direction and heavy dialogue

2DEEP4ME