Are there any anime that are legit better than the manga? i believe hunter x hunter, yu yu hakusho, saint seiya...

Are there any anime that are legit better than the manga? i believe hunter x hunter, yu yu hakusho, saint seiya, and I hear fist of the north star are

Fight me.

Jojo part 1 and 2
Yugioh

Yes, there are quite a number. Lurk for two years before posting.

i refuse

Then fuck off altogether, you casual newfag shit.

rude

Gintama

quick rundown on this guy?

Usagi Drop

Says the dumb moeshitter

Black Lagoon.

Most of them.

Kaiji since the soundtrack and the voiced narrator simply make it better

>using that gif
>not a yuyu hakusho thread
0/10 OP

The manga pissed me off.

This.
Also, the animated pachinko action is a plus.

K-ON, Kobayashi no Maidragon, Nichijou. That many.

this.

Wrong

>legit
stopped reading there fuck u op
fuckin fagg

YER A MESHI

Fuck. Just noticed that.

What is this, a Mittermeyer for ants?

Infinite Stratos

>HxH anime
>better than manga
Yeah no.

Elfen Lied. The manga was absolute shit. The anime was merely just garbage.

Usagi Drop unless you're a pedo

Golden Boy but only the dub

North Kuwaborea best Kuwaborea

No JoJo anime is even close to the manga is any aspect.

Yeah yes

Nichijou. The comedic timing it better.
>hunter x hunter, yu yu hakusho
Well, no. No.

The first 2 or 3 parts of jojo

Angelic Layer

This.

FMA 2003

>hur hur ive lurked Sup Forums for 10 years from my moms basement you noob

Saint Seiya for sure.

Fist of the North Star no. Too much shallow filler.

>Confirming the fact that you're a newfag
is that way jerk off.

I agree. The manga is longer, but honestly it's just more of the same. Tetsuo turns into a fetus monster twice, Tokyo gets blown up several times, they spam that orbital laser, and in between it's just pages and pages of run-n-gun. It doesn't develop any of the themes or characters further than the anime does, it simply throws them into more action scenes.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great ride, masterfully drawn, but the anime is the exact same experience condensed into a neat package, with beautiful animation and music.

Ping-Pong the Animation.

The manga was an adaption of the anime in this case. The general rule is usually "Original>any adaption" The exception is when studios take shitty LNs and make them better.

nice try

Absolutely not.

MAR broke up the tournament plot, so for the first time filler was used for good. The ending was also better than the manga counterpart.

Hunter X Hunter 2011 is better off now because it resolved at a point where there were no cliffhangers.

>filename

Goddamn kek

Urusei Yatsura

1999 is better than the manga.

>The manga was an adaption of the anime in this case.

You have brought peace to my life that for some stupid reason I was never inclined to look for. Thank you user.

Eureka Seven but I guess that's cheating a bit since the manga was a shitty spin-off that nobody cared about

Evangelion?

Most of the anime that spawned manga instead of the other way around are. I think Sailor Moon is the only anime I liked more than the source manga that changed a lot of things.

A lot of OVAs and movies. For instance the Angel Cop OVA was amazing while the original manga is a bland one-shot. Spriggan's manga was almost incoherent while the movie provided some awesome visuals. Akira has been brought up before.

The HxH manga could put to sleep people on crack.

Shingeki no Kyojin, the manga is so awful that i'm not sure how it become popular in the first place.

The anime of Monster is basically a shot for shot remake of the manga and I would say the voice acting and some directorial flourishes make it better.

But the anime cuts out most of the stuff that gives context to a lot of scenes in the show, and as a result ends up with tons of pointless characters and scenes that go nowhere and mean nothing, and things that happen 'just cause'. It's more condensed but less coherent.

planetes

I disagree, I think the pacing is off in the anime, it takes so much more time to watch monster than it does to read it, and towards the middle of the story the plot slows down a bit, and watching the anime gets a bit tedious at that point. I think the manga is paced practically perfectly and when you animate it and speak every line then it messes with that delicate balance.
That being said the anime is still fantastic, and if you aren't into manga you should definitely watch the anime because Monster is a masterpiece.

That's only because of the fundamental differences in the nature of anime and manga. But I still believe the Monster anime to be superior, by a little. Yeah it did drag in some parts, could have probably cut one or two episodes down with some tighter editing, but then it wouldn't be as faithful.

Full Metal Alchemist 2003.

I could draw better than this....

I don't think it should be cut down at all, I love that it's faithful, monster doesn't have any irrelevant moments or characters so if you take anything out it starts to fall apart. I just think that because of the differences between anime and manga the manga works better. They're effectively the same thing though so it really comes down to what your personal preference is.

The original vs the adaptation? I can name a few I enjoyed better than the OG.

Jojo Part 1 and 2
Akira
Lupin III
KonoSuba
Rakugo Shinjuu
Midori no Hibi
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Usagi Drop
Ajin
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Mob Psycho 100
FMA Brotherhood
Hellsing Ultimate
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Sakamoto Desu ga?

>Sakamoto
This actually works better in manga format, I didn't enjoy the show as much as I did with the manga.

I don't understand why Part 2's proportions are so bad. They're worse than Part 1 and that was before Part 2

do it fgt

thank god. at least that board isn't garbage

Gintama is an easy one.

He got better.

Dennou Coil

If my girlfriend is to be believed, Sailor Moon the anime shits all over the manga aside from Chibi-Usa.

>hunter x hunter anime
>Better than the manga
You better be talking about the '99 anime, and even then, no.

Those shitty fucking 4koma mangas like Nichijou.

2011 is the absolute best way for someone to get into HxH. It's valuable for that alone. Plus it's a really good adaptation overall. I don't get the love for 1999 here. I will agree that the manga is better than both of the anime.

I came to post this.

Fucking fight me

I agree with this, specially part 3 and 4

In part 3's case the pacing is ABYSMAL in the anime and the art is bad compared to the manga.

In part 4's case the manga is just better in absolutely every aspect.

absolutely not

Sailor Moon

>everybody samefaced
>everybody dead-eyed and/or fish mouthed
>all men look like manfaced women, all women look like girlfaced men
>just has everyone doing gay catwalk struts and fashion magazine posing
I mean I guess on a technical level it's better.

The Dragon Maid anime is legit better than the manga

Azumanga Daiou just for RASUBELLI HEAVEN

Ouran High School Host Club manga is unreadable, but its anime is pretty good.

This

Azumanga Daioh is one of my all time favorite shows and Yotsuba&! is a perfectly good series so Azuma's a good writer but I cannot read the manga at all. The 4koma format in general is absolutely terrible, like reading an even shittier newspaper strip, and completely anathema to good writing or joke telling.

You're wrong.

The actual volumes are fine, it's just a travesty how awful the available scans for the series are.

The anime is fucking awful and has a shitty ending
Why did they even gave it an anime original ending?

Never read the manga, but heard they decided to have Spider-tits eat Metaphysical Tri-clops to achieve an ultimate form rather than go down the path of her trying to seduce him and then getting killed.

This somehow doesn't sit well. I mean let's be honest, the only good villians Soul Eater had were ironically not Arachne or Asura. Medusa and her lackey's were great as were Arachne's minions but Arachne herself was boring as shit.

Asura could have used some major development because as a character concept he was pretty damn cool, so it just sounds like a bad decision to have him merge with one of the more boring characters simply because she's higher on the totem pole.

Honestly the anime and the novels are basically a 1:1 translation. That's why the pacing isn't great for the anime, it's a book's pacing.

Outlaw Star.

They practically had the same ending.

>Mine and Tatsumi
Literally nothing was lost since these characters weren't very good in the first place.

The anime has better animation than the manga has art, the pro of a decent OST and great OPs to boot as well. There is literally no argument for the manga unless you happen to like Mine and Tatsumi.

Does anyone even give a shit about the manga?