Gunbuster 3 confirmed

>gunbuster 3 confirmed
>mfw

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/02/21-1/gainax-co-founders-yoshiyuki-sadamoto-and-hiroyuki-yamaga-talk-gunbuster-3-flcl-2-panty-stocking

Why don't they just reboot Kare Kano already?

wtf is gnubuster

But Nono will not appear.

Sounds like a pipe dream. My waifu will never come back ;_;

>Akubi wo Suru is going to get a single cour, if it's even going to get animated at all
>the writing on Uru in Blue has started just now

On the other hand, Gunbuster 3's writing is about done. It's closer than both.

>modern Gainax
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Maybe very briefly

Don't lose hope anons

NO WAI, OP have you also heard about Code Geass 3? Anyone else have some fresh information we don't already know yet?

Gunbuster's my second favorite anime. Noriko's so wonderful.

Jojo part 4 will be animated

OH MY GOD!!

Diebuster was shit.

Is there any talent left on Gainax?

You was shit

I hear they're making movies about Evangelion. Are you hyped for that?

factually incorrect. it was great

Maybe for farming tomatoes.

Wow, it stands to be even worse then Diebuster.

It was a completely tone than Gunbuster. I quite liked the contrast, made them both feel like culminations of the decade they were made.

Also where would Gunbuster 3 fit in the storyline? Sequel to DieBuster with Noriko?

>Evangelion Unitomato

The OP was good at least.

Its been years since I last watched it, I seriously dont remember enough on how would they continue it. Might as well make a new IP.

It wasn't shit. But it wasn't as good as Gunbuster.

>TRIGGER doesnt need the rights to make more

SOMEONE GET TATTUN ON THE LINE

gunbuster is fucking shit.

Yeah, I overreacted. But man, the first couple of episodes was a laboured watch.

too far

SAY THAT AGAIN MOTHERFUCKER I BEAT YOU UP

Noriko's the fucking coolest.

your opinion is fucking shit.
>not the webm

>Gunbuster 3 confirmed
NO, FUCK YOU. I don't want modern Gainax handling that shit.
>Gunbuster 1 and 2 were completely different stories, so will 3 be different as well?
>Yamaga: I’m trying to make it so that it ties 1 and 2 together, but I’m writing it right now so… it’s quite difficult.
THEY TIED INTO EACH OTHER PERFECTLY. THEY BOTH HAD SATISFYING ENDINGS. IT'S FUCKING OVER.

So ruining FLCL with season 2 was not enough for them, I see.

Yamaga: Actually, there’s no real need to sell the rights to Trigger. In short, as long as there is a project, it doesn’t really matter who owns the copyrights, it’s all the same. People tend to misconceive this, but you can’t make something just because you own the rights. The rights move from one hand to the other on another level, so it makes no difference where the rights are when we’re creating something. People tend to think that we can make a work by just having the copyrights, but that’s not the case. That’s why for FLCL or anything else, who owns the rights doesn’t really matter when we’re making or planning something, as long as it’s not some ill-willed tier who refuses to let a certain studio make it. So TRIGGER doesn’t need the rights for Panty&Stocking to make a new one.

This just goes to show how little Sup Forums knows about anything. In regards to Haruhi, P&S, anything.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to be a TV series because nobody makes 6-episode OVAs anymore, which means it will cut back on the nudity and probably have filler to make it 13 episodes long.

They should have given Gunbuster 3 to Trigger. It only made sense.
Gunbuster was first wave Gainax (Nadia, Eva etc). Diebuster was second wave Gainax (FLCL, Abenobashi), Gunbuster 3 should have been final wave Gainax (TTGL, PSG), and those people are at Trigger.

I think that the more recent shows from Gainax like Pleiades were fine. Each of the -buster series had a distinct tone and style after all, so changing things up shouldn't hurt.

Pleiades was so bland and unremarkable. Despite the stylistic differences, there was a clear continuity between all the tree waves of Gainax, and Gunbuster and Diebuster.
Modern Gainax could be any second rate studio.

>Pleiades was so bland and unremarkable

>Also where would Gunbuster 3 fit in the storyline?

between 1 and 2

It's going to be shit lads ;-;

>Bland and unremarkable
As opposed to Trigger shows?

TRIBUSTA

Plieades (TV) was awesome, but the weakest aspect of it was definitely the lack of strong visuals. The show wasn't plagued with QUALITY but instead it had too many moments where the camera was focused too closely or other obvious poor animation measures that made the visuals really dull. Thank god the excellent story was able to carry the show.

Top wo Nerae is notable for having excellent and striking visuals, so I don't think the currect Gainax team is quite fit to pull it off.

That is because it was an OVA series as opposed to a TV series. Of course OVAs have higher production values.

I wish ACKO made more songs

I can't think of how it's going to tie in with 1 and 2, unless it explains how the Topless appeared or something.

Grooooovin'
Magicccc

Here come the Pleiadesfags.
Let's not forget the horrible flight choreographies with camera as far as possible to hide the embarrassing CG.
Or the insignificant character designs.
The writing wasn't remarkable either but I don't feel like being too cruel to such an unassuming show.

They could always make it into movie(s) of sorts.

It's not just production values. Pleiades just didn't have many talented animators working on it besides 3 or so scenes. The really good animators out there know how to make a scene or a shot "pop" out even if the show doesn't have the biggest budget ever.

Ironically pic related had the opposite problem from Pleiades: lots of great animation talent but a subpar story plan.

is that the guy from blue blazes?

And KlK's adobe flash tier animation was better? Heartiest kek of the day.

my wife Cocona is so beautiful!

I liked C3-bu and Pleiades, but the studio feels immature somehow.
In C3-bu they tried to make things interesting and weird a few times, but the attempts were very hit-and-miss in execution.
In Pleiades they decided to just play everything straight and made a nice, unassuming story.

I'm hoping they keep going, because both had a certain charm, but they definitely need to find their groove. And better visual style.

Flip Flapper's writing wasn't bad though, that is just a dumb meme. Most people just didn't get what it was trying to communicate.

Christ can't you at least try to defend Pleiades' visuals on their own merits before bringing up KLK?
What was unique and remarkable about its visual direction, other than being a waste of pretty backgrounds?

which was what

No, FF's writing was horrendous.
Subtext and visual allegories don't excuse what is probably the worst characterization out of every maho shoujo series.

I saw the first series about a week ago and it's in my top 5 now. Is Diebuster worth checking out as well?

I can point out that bringing up Trigger as an alternative when they haven't made a decent TV show is just silly.

>That Noriko
My dick

If you like Gunbuster, no.

If you haven't seen it and just want to kill time, then it should be good.

It's not as good, but it's worth checking out.

So you can't. Not that I blame you.

Yeah. It's different in tone and not as good as Gunbuster, but it's worth a look

Now you know how Noriko fans felt.

>If you like Gunbuster, no.
I loved GunBuster and prefer it over Die but I still really enjoyed Die

The fact that the visuals were actually consistent and competently handled? That sets them a good ways apart from Trigger already. Regardless they seem to be writing the script already, so much to the anguish of our friends from Sup Forums Trigger doesn't seem like they will be part of the project.

Diebuster is significantly better. And a lot weirder. If you're expecting more of the same you're in for a shock. Die is very irreverent towards Gun.

>at least they're not Trigger
So you can't. Not that I blame you.

That is its own merit in itself. The fact that they didn't half ass it shows that they are much more capable of handling the product. Despite being essentially a giant car commercial it still had far more soul than the supposed "style" that some want Gunbuster 3 to emulate.

>trigger trigger trigger
You really never get tired of proving my point.

And you, mine.

Might be about them fighting the Space Monsters after Gunbuster, and why they had to seal away their tech?

>So TRIGGER doesn’t need the rights for Panty&Stocking to make a new one.

Please God, let them do this. Or at least have cameos in Luluco 2.

>mahou shoujo
Well there's your fucking problem, you completely missed the point.

I'll bet you think Evangelion was about robots.

Is this that show that I'm supposed to skip the first episode of?

That's not Berserk, user

>mahou shoujo
>Flip Flap

Good meme.

But why? Why not just make something new? They can not keep milking that return scene as great as it was a third time is too much, it will ruin it.

no, Diesbuster was perfect because it supplemented the ending for Gunbuster and tied in with it perfectly

Any more than that is just extra baggage.
Just give me a Patlabor Reboot

I'm happy to be a retard because Heartcatch is the best shit ever.

Why bother with Flip Flappers when an actually good Jungian maho shoujo (in the broader definition of the term) with top notch writing and characterization has been made 19 years ago?
Wrong pic and stupid point.

>facebook meme
Fuck off.

>Utena
>not utter shit
>Madoka bad because it's popular
>Flip Flap with it just because it's good

1/10 I replied.

>Sadamoto: It’s only a project for now, more or less.
>Yamaga: But I think once it starts moving on, what follows will be smooth, and it should be quite easy to collect funds for this one.
Please happen.

The mysteries surrounding the buster program and automated defense system intrigue me.

>They can not keep milking that return scene as great as it was a third time is too much, it will ruin it.
That's true, but sometimes you just need a little faith that the writer can make something new. In spite of some homage scenes, DB was significantly different than GB, and making sure that #3 is also different seems to be a deliberate choice:
>Yamaga: No, they won’t. Maybe very briefly, but they’re not a part of the main cast. It’s an entirely different story. Yet I’ll try to make the link on the SF aspect.

Buttmad flip flopper fans in 3...2...1...

Kiznaiver had way better direction and animation than Pleiades. Like, a whole world away.

>>Utena
>>not utter shit
Couldn't expect anything else from a Madoka/FlipFlopfag really since Utena absolutely trashed them at everything they tried to attempt more than a decade before they even aired.
Sad really.

So did Kill la Kill and LWA. Even Luluco looked miles better.

It's never going to get made.

Back to your circlejerk, bud.

The director says it should be easy to fund.

Who knows more about the animation industry, you or him?

>What I think I got:
>Freud and Jung (and yuri)

>What I actually got:
>Various audiophile accessories and equipment (and yuri)

Gunbuster sells bishoujo figures and mecha models, way easier to fund than something like Aoi Uru.

>In September 2016, Eldur_380 from OtaCrew had a chance to speak to Gainax cofounders Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (character designer on Evangelion, FLCL, Wings of Honnêamise, Nadia) and Hiroyuki Yamaga (director on Honneamise, Mahoromatic, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi). Now published online with translation by Wave Motion Cannon, this in depth interview features the veteran creators speaking about the state of Gainax, Honnêamise sequel Uru in Blue and more.
Isn't it a bit weird that CR has to rely on bloggers for their news content?

Kabaneri is getting another anime in 2018 :^)

Maybe it's not gainax animating it. FLCL season 2 is a different studio

hell for all we know they can pop up in little witch acadima