Do you believe that life is a simulation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc&t=2389s
youtube.com/watch?v=QORg1u2Hbqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't

Its a science paradigm that postulates that the mechanisms of the universe seem to work as if they were a simulation. Personally I do think its a valid perspective, as long as you dont fall for the "the world is the matrix" meme. Thats just plain dumb and missing the point.

simulate THIS

*grabs dick*

may as well be asking do you believe Islam to be true.

Of course it is but that doesn't make things inside it not important. We can't go anywhere, so we may as well concern ourselves with the game.

Yes. One created by your brain to interpret the onslaught of information your soul faces regularly. But no, it's not some super computer from the future.

Jew propaganda designed to strip you of your sense of value and self esteem

yes.

Yes, your consciousness affects the environment

If life is a simulation, where are the cheat codes? What are the cheat codes?

what are your daydreams?

no but it's one of those things i wouldn't be extremely surprised to find out
like non-human zucc

Prayer/meditation, my dude. Get those positive vibrations going and you'll be amazed at just how different the world seems.
Just don't get so far up your own ass with the hippy shit that you forget how to use critical thinking to perceive threats to yourself and others. You can still be full of love for your fellow man while aknowledging that kikes are legitimately evil, and that dune coons need to stay on their own fucked up part of the world. Niggers too.

A simulation of what?

you mean like basic neb-platonism?
yeah I believe in that in a sense but I don't think it really helps us to fixate on that because rejection of this world leads to dissolution of the tribe

Your perception of the universe is similar enough to a simulation that people mistakenly think the universe itself is a simulation. It's actually the other way around: you are a simulation being run by the universe.

If there's no way to tell and no consequences, why waste time thinking about it?

>OP doesn't believe that life is a simulation.
Where do your thoughts originate? Can you characterize the source of your thoughts? Can you characterize the nature of your decisions other than just the choices you make (as in what information was considered, what was discarded, etc.)? No? How can you claim that you're not in a simulation?

THER IS NO T EENOUGH COMPUTERS IN THE UNIVERSE
TO POWER
A SIMULATION
OF TEH UNIVERSE
DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO YOU??? DOES THIS FIT INTO YOUR THICK SKULL OR ARE YOU DOUBLE-DIGIT IQ INBRED MORON TOO DUMB TO COMPREHEND SIMPLE RATIONAL THOUGHT

Possible in another dimension!

No

Does it matter?

>The simulations we have made to imitate processes in the world are now so similar to the world!
>Wait what if it is the world that is similar to the simulations we made and not the other way around
>the world must be a simulation!

>There aren't enough computers in the simulation.
>To power the simulation.
Do you know what a simulation is? Are you just pretending to be retarded?

You know most scientists believe the universe is not infinite, right? And also that there's probably more than one universe?

thats not how this works, its usually impossible to prove a negative.
you have to provide evidence of the simulation theory, and it will be shit, and we will explain why its shit

i wish
life would certainly be much better in a simulation.

It's a meaningless question. Simulation does not mean ANYTHING in a metaphysical sense. The creation of Christian God could be viewed as simulation just as well as any else possibility.

You're not ready player one.

Stupid question.
If life is a simulation, then is the real world not a simulation?

All reductionist arguments to the physical world being the only "real" thing fail. The reality is there is a metaphysical world which governs the dynamics of this one. This metaphysical world is self actualized in as much as God is.

The physical world is merely the potential manifestation of the ordaining of God. Else the potential of physical causation would have to ad infinitum actualized by previous causes.

I think the more important question is "Does it matter either way?"

Yes 100%

THIS SERVER IS TRASH

LETS MAKE A NEW ONE

I hope it is because I want someone to pull me out of this nightmare we call modern civilization

>simulation
Not exactly but what humans perceive is not what reality is. evolution has fitted humans with enough senses to survive but if we "saw reality" we would be incapable of surviving. Also the universe itself is only a hologram created by the collective consciousness.

Are you blind?

Look at video games. They are getting too fucking real for the simulation theory to not be true

This.

You have completely misunderstood the double slit experiment. It has zero to do with consciousness.

The scientific term "OBSERVATION" is what caused this misunderstanding, just as people misunderstand the "Big Bang" as being an explosion - scientists are bad at naming things.

Observation simply pertains to any form of measurement, with anything at all; any type of technology.

So imagine, if you will, me, passing a ball between my two hands, back and forth, forth and back over and over, now pretend this is a subatomic particle so small you can't just look at it with your eyes; how do you determine it's there?
If your answer is something along the lines of "shove something in the way as it's passing" you're on the right lines of thinking like a scientist - but unfortunately, OBSERVING it like that disrupts what it was doing (of course). But people have misinterpreted this (because it contains the word quantum; which has become a stupid-person buzzword for "magic") as being proof that conscious observation creates reality, because quantum experiments change when they're observed (quantum particles are so sensitive they're knocked off course when disrupted by measurement techniques).

Thanks for reading; don't fall into the retard pseudoscience claptrap again.

It's not a simulation, we are being created mentally by a being beyond our comprehension

i believed it when i was a kid and watched The Matrix.
Eventually i grew over it.

Morphic Resonance theory is the ultimate redpill BTW.
Look up Morphic Resonance !!

Biggest misconception of the double slit experiment. How do you detect these tiny particles? With a device that shoots particles at other particles. It's the device that collapsed the wave function not your consciousness.

This Tom Campbell video offers some insight

youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc&t=2389s

I've seen this discussion 100000 times before.
And you'r wrong.

To the best of our knowledge, the `observer` in the double split experiment is most likeley and appears to be conciousness itself. Not the measuring device.

People like you remind me of stubborn holocaust believers. Makes no sense discussing the issue with people like you.

It's definitely some kind of illusion be it a simulation or the inside of some God's dream. The Hermeticists were correct about everything being mental. That's the whole reason that our memetics are capable of warping reality in various ways. Quantum mechanics more or less confirms what Hermeticism says about it all being mental.

Right... okay... you're next-level...
Fine.

If these massive laboratories were automated (which they will be in the near future) by unconscious AI and robots, the data accrued WILL STILL BE THE SAME.

It is not a conscious mind 'magicking' it into existence with mere observation like a rendering field-of-view protocol in a videogame there to conserve processing power...

The measuring equiment is detecting things WITHOUT anyone; in the end a computer compiles the data and lastly it can be read by a person.

If your argument is something along the lines of the philosophical claim "If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound? No" then that's a separate issue, because there you can argue 'sound' is an interpretation within the mind of a conscious creature and what it makes until something 'hears' it are merely... "atmospheric energy waves".

But those "atmospheric energy waves" are. still. happening.
Quantum particles are still doing what they're doing.

You've misread or misinterpreted the science, and you're using your void of ignorance to stuff your woo and wishful thinking, like a lazy child 'cleaning his room' by jamming it all under the bed where his parent's are unlikely to look.

There's absolutely a philosophical argument to be made for the metaphysical value of human consciousness and interpretation, but this is NOT the battleground for it.

This is you: youtube.com/watch?v=QORg1u2Hbqk
This is what you sound like.

This sim has no cool weapons, and the NPCs are all retarded.

for

>Do you believe that life is a simulation?
Yes, that is why I am constantly masturbating, to taunt our simulators.

It's like a simulation in that this isn't the only reality that we can perceive

It's essentially like a giant game however, our bodies and brains are like the controllers, interface and the center of experience, you can utilize things if you know how to (chakras).

you are exactly the type of brainlet that I described in my post, believing that the theory is about the matrix is retarded. Do you even know what comprehensive reading means? Holy shit no wonder portugal is a shithole you people are seriously retarded.

I don't get it