Do you collect manga Sup Forums?

Do you collect manga Sup Forums?

no

How does he get to the manga behind the glass case? that looks very inconvenient

No, but I buy a few volumes of stuff that I really like. Shit's expensive, man.

Yes.

yes

I have 6 volumes of One Punch Man, One of Berserk, 8 of Yotsuba! and 2 of Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer in Japanese.

I wish, but I can barely afford paying rent.

This

hardly

i'd kind of like to finish these series' at some point but it's whatever

Yes.

pics or you're lying

No. A waste of money and space. Everything I read is digital.

Only started buying pretty recently but yeah

Just realised i put the wrong image at the top. Have a shitty edit

>display case blocking a section of books

Alright.

That is really satisfying...

I'd say that this is totally apartment goals, but at the same time it's making me anxious that it's completely full and there's no room for anything new that comes out.

back in the day.
now, no.
they're all in the attic now, yellowing.

>jitsu wa
>mariaholic
>monster girls
>goblin slayer
>galko
>punpun
>vinland
>hidamari
>franken fran
>biscuit hammer
>OPM
>ninja slayer
>fate/zero
>otoyomegatari
Holy fuck, you absolute pleb. Do you literally just read whatever is spammed most on Sup Forums? Get a goddamn brain.

That's probably most of Sup Forums when it comes to manga.

Ever consider that if something is popular, it might be because it is enjoyable? Fuck, you sound like a giant faggot.

Okay, so you're a goddamn moron. Sure, I enjoy some of those titles but when literally everything on your shelf is flavor of the X Sup Forums titles, then you've got problems and you're a plebian piece of trash.

I'm not that user, idiot.

>how2english
You don't have to be, retard.

>Maria Holic
>Vinland Saga
>Biscuit Hammer
>Ninja Slayer
>Franken Fran
>Spammed on Sup Forums
What Sup Forums is this you're talking about because i rarely if ever see threads about those

Imagine all that dust...

>implying he ever reads manga
its just so he can get upboats on reddit

A little bit. Haven't got any fancy way to show them off, my shelves are full of other crap so they sort of sit in this part of my chest of drawers among some other books and things [A small few of which are off to the side, including a blu-ray of the best anime movie of all time Pacific Rim and a bit of Douglas Adams], and volumes one and two of Watamote are on loan to a friend.

There are a lot of things I wish I could get physical copies of, but those are mostly one-shots and it's tough to get ahold of even the originals of those, let alone hope for an official translation. That, and some non-published things and webmanga.

This, seriously.

You never see fucking Vinland Saga or Samidare on Sup Forums?

They get mentioned but i almost never see actual threads for them. The Vinland thread for the latest chapter died after like 70 replies and more often than not Samidare threads are actually Satoshi Mizukami threads

I'd hardly call one thread a month spamming.

Jesus, you are platinum mad. What's got your nickers in bunch?

I'm mad! Mad about plebs on Sup Forums!

Behold my shit taste! I've mostly stopped buying manga, but I am keeping up with Blame! and if I manage to find any more copies of the Tokyopop version out in the wild, I'll buy those too.

>Shaman King
Good times. That was the first series I ever finished.

Yes but I need to start selling my collection or switch to digitally-only because my bedroom is filled with stacks of half-finished manga.

How well does the manga industry do in english speaking territories? Do most significant titles get localized?

it just shows who's new and who's from 2009ish

Depends on what you mean by significant. The big ones get translated and it seems lately that whatever is really popular gets translated too. We're definitely getting more manga than before, from what I can tell, but I think France and the Spinach-speakers get more stuff overall.

>Do most significant titles get localized?
Not as often as they used to be. The American manga industry almost died when Borders shut down so publishers are more careful about what they license.

I collect physical and download, my stuff mostly boxed up right now so here are my most recent buys

Expected a lot more Yotsuba.

Just started around Christmas, actually. I'm in the middle of buying Oyasumi Punpun, Biscuit Hammer, and Spice and Wolf. Next is gonna be Pluto, and the Haruhi LN probably.

>Star Ocean: 3

Nice.

No, I collect the works of Haruki Murakami

Only of my favorites and ones I really like. Recently bought vol 3 of Kuma Miko.

Pleb.

>$15,718
>1328 manga
So a single volume costs over 10$ in the USA? That's super expensive.
You should learn Japanese and start importing your manga, you will save a lot of money.

>Haruki Murakami
kek, what a pleb.

Yes, but I buy mostly localized titles like a pleb.

My entire house is full of books, I don't have room for manga.

It's "knickers" you illiterate shitstain.

>used to buy manga in english
>learn japanese
>all the manga I bought are now worthless to me
At least I snagged some rare out of print tittles that go for like $50 bucks today.

Talk to me when you grow out of Dragon Ball Z

Yes, I have around 250 volumes but I can't take a picture right now

It's starting to pick up to pre crash levels, particularly in the variety of titles. Stuff like the goblin slayer novel is even coming out same year as japan, so the situation is improving

I've lost count but I think I have around 1200 manga. 300 in Japanese and the rest in French.

I like to have a part of my collection in French so I can lend manga to my friends and family. And aside from comedy manga I don't mind reading a decent localization against the original. I buy manga in Japanese mostly to read things that never got translated and to save money.

this is a normalfag thing

user, Murakami is YA-tier.
Real men read Mishima and Dazai.

It is doing a lot better but I just wish more manga-only stuff would get licensed instead of the series that get popular anime adaptations/manga spinoffs of anime.

>calls Murakami YA
>recommends Mishima

Ur the elistist pleb.

this is true

日本語も読める。
250冊ぐらいあるんだ。 どんどん増えている。

Vertical is doing a damn good job at licensing manga only titles, and viz is pretty nice at it too, in between releases of popular jump manga

Mishima is the logical conclusion to moonrune literature.

>Discussing the current rate of a mangas discussion being allegedly slow
>Well there was discussion 8 years ago!
Shouldn't even have to point out how stupid that is.

Yeah but Sailor and Confessions are high school reads. Not everything by him is too deep for plebs.

1/2

Good, with some exclusives other countries don't get. Like outside of Asia, the Nichijou manga is only also published in Finnish. Related to that, We're getting the Helvetica Standard manga too.

France and Italy have Gundam The Origin, but only in tankobon form and not the delicious hardcovers (and is not finished in French iirc).

One thing licensed recently that came out of left field is the original manga of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, don't believe that's published anywhere outside of Asia either.

Why so mad?

2/2

I collect more anime dvd's and blu rays than manga.

>Genki
How are your studies going?

>Another Ninja Slayer manga bro
How'd you enjoy Three Dirty Ninja-Bond and manga version of the Darkninja fight?

On hold while I finish my last year of Comp Sci and Eng. degree. Once I get a job in my field and have a "normal" schedule, I'll probably try to get private classes or something.

What was your favorite of the books pictured?

Even if they don't get regular threads of their own, those manga are still the most popular on Sup Forums and are mentionned almost every day.
That bookshelf gives the impression the poster purposely buys the most popular manga to discuss with his fellow Sup Forumsnons and is a pleb with no experience, curiosity and no taste of his own.
As for me I don't really care, I'm just explaining why other anons were laughing at him.

I just started my collection. I'm planning on buying Hakomari next.

lol, you're done, you'll never learn Japanese.

Started but realized they were selling stuff for the same price even if one had 100 more pages then the other one.

I did when i was younger. Now i have to save money for rent and food.

Note: I owned 15,000+ American comics in America. I also owned maybe 15 volumes of manga total.

Now that I've lived in Japan for the last few years, it's hard to go a week without buying a few volumes. They're typically $1 USD used and I can throw them out if I don't like it, or resell them for store credit if I need space.

The US needs to adopt lower paper quality for a lower price point, and save the HQ collections for series that matter. The prices of new volumes are 2x that of Japan, and there's no resell market pushing the prices lower so casual fans can jump into the hobby. It's ridiculous to have to spend $100-300 just to catch up in a story.

The only advantage the US has is with Jump comics, which seem to get 3-in-1 volumes for the bigger series (and even Punpun, if I'm not mistaken).

Sure thing, bub.

This is why I switched to reading online so long ago. As much as I would love to have a shelf full of manga, its to expensive to follow a series, well, for younger people without jobs. I might be more interested in buying special editions or big 3-1 versions like you mentioned.

>collecting paper anime

sometimes.

I only buy the first volume for a series once in a while, which even that turns out to be a mistake because I lose interest or even begin to detest the series later on.

>so a single volume costs over $10 in the USA
thanks i'm well aware

Yes, I have a couple hundred volumes as well as piles of artbooks and bunches of figs. Unfortunately I haven't bought a house yet so I don't have anywhere to display then like that as most are in storage.

This thread.

>that body pillow
>dat moogle
Faggot. Nice set-piece room, though.

>manga reader
>loitia book
Really makes you think, huh?

On my shelf I've got the following:
Ajin volumes 1-6
Nichijou volumes 1 and 2
Trigun volumes 1 and 2
Trigun Maximum volumes 1-14
Parasyte volumes 1-8
Death Note volumes 1-12 + light novel and 13
A Drifting Life
Abandon the Old in Tokyo
The Push Man and Other Stories
Guardians of the Louvre
A Distant Neighbourhood
Gyo
Fragments of Horror
Onwards Towards our Noble Deaths
A Girl on the Shore
Clamps X omnibuses 1-3
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer omnibuses 1-5
Franken Fran Omnibus 1
Servant x Service omnibus 1
Insufficient Direction
Strike Witches Fuso Sea Incident(both volumes)
The Ghost in the Shell volumes 1 and 2
Naruto volumes 1-27
Dream Fossil
Tropic of the Sea
Planetes omnibus 1

Gonna work on finishing Franken Fran next since they just released the last volume lately.

Plus some random unfinished collections like: Berserk volume 1, Astro Boy omnibus 1, Akame ga Kill volume 1, etc.
Goodnight Punpun omnibus 1

yep. I only own omnibus/large format manga now. it's not really worth getting manga in any other form (aside from digital ofc) because of the issues you mentioned. the only manga I own is punpun and CCS. hoping to get KOR when it's getting reissued and blame when prices drop a bit.

>it's not really worth getting manga in any other form (aside from digital ofc) because of the issues you mentioned.
As long as you have a good monitor, I suppose. Reading manga on a tablet is underwhelming, especially if you're not getting two-page scans.

America lost the idea of disposable entertainment, with the rise of the specialty goods market of the 70s (mainly, cons and comic shops). Everything HAS to be a HQ product, even if it's a volume you could finish in 20 mins.

Speaking of KOR, I have the option of buying the hardcovers, or the bunko version (smaller, pocket size books), or the original paperbacks. They all cost around $1/each. I know I'm lucky, and living somewhere where that's possible, but shouldn't America be aiming for that too? Manga isn't obscure anymore, it's a "genre" on Netflix now, when twenty years ago it was something you kept hidden for fear of bullying. Yet the price of manga has stayed roughly the same, and it seems the publishing industry in the West hasn't kept up with the increased enthusiasm for the medium. It's just a bit disappointing.