What anime has the best visuals?

What anime has the best visuals?

80s and 90s OVAs had the best visuals

post in this thread so I can cleanse myself of the sheer QUALITY we've had this season

Hand Shakers

Kill me baby.

How have the visuals been in the latest episodes?

This. Hand Shakers is art.

Hyouka

I like Makoto Shinkai, Miyazaki and Satoshi Kon movies

I don't know about every anime TV series ever, and I don't know about every OVA, or music video, or promotional short.

I do know, though, that End of Evangelion wins the full-length motion picture category for best visuals, and anyone who disagrees better have a goddamned good reason to do so in the form of some direct contradictory evidence.

Can anyone tell me what series OP's picture is from?

I always love his color palette, I don't know why though. It has a warm and cool feeling at the same time.

Why do you keep posting Naruto shit?

Nurutu. It is better than life.

It's in the filename

Google translate says it's "It's Snow Princess Ninba Law", which isn't turning up any search results. Was this ever released in the West?

It's fucking Naruto again. see the kunais?

>Was this ever released in the West?
I don't think so, at least never officially.

>kunai are native to naruto

OP's pic looks better than Eva, not sure where it's from though.

Kunais plus distinctly Kishimoto character designs.

It's from one of the Naruto movies. OP is same Naruto shitposter trying to pull a fast one over on us.

>Kishimoto character designs.
You can't even tell though.

that art is not from naruto, i'm telling you that much

I'm afraid it is. Google image search the filename. A movie budget can work wonders.

So why do we hate Naruto again?

Because it's garbage. The fact that the anime was sometimes handed to competent people who knew what they were doing visually doesn't change the fact that the characters and story are shit-tier.

Really? In a visual medium?

Yes. The visuals of anime serve the purpose of telling a narrative. If a narrative is bad then good visuals can't compensate for that. Writing, direction, and animation all work together to make something good, and writing is arguably the most important aspect. A show can be engaging with poor animation if the story is compelling, but a show with good animation and poor writing is just boring. See: Phantom World.

>Phantom World
>bad writing
How?

Everything about it was unremarkable, from the trope-ish characters, to the magic school for students with super powers. It brought nothing of its own to the table, it just imitated other successfully franchises.

anything by ufotable is the only acceptable answer

Flip Flappers

Grimgar's backgrounds were pretty comfy

Because it's utter trash.