Is is possible that Earth is under outside extraterrestrial jurisdiction already thus the lack of major visitings?

Is is possible that Earth is under outside extraterrestrial jurisdiction already thus the lack of major visitings?

What would the political climate in the galaxy even look like? A giant stalemate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VL0Rpy0Dhhs
youtube.com/watch?v=XFtmkILu6xg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

theres probably an evil orange humanoid deporting greys to andromeda

Duhhh; stupid spanish

at least I didnt vote for drump, texas

Doesn't that mean we can essentially avoid all existing ayy power structures when we get FTL and become a major powerhouse in the galactic political sphere?

>political climate in the galaxy
Alien life will be post biological, most likely technological and AGI based. Hive minds have no need for politics, as politics is simply the mechanism of organizing competing interests of groups within societies.

>Earth under jurisdiction
AGI has most likely sent some level of probes to collect information. They have likely come and gone.

>giant stalemate
No. Imagine ants declaring war on us. We wouldn't even know or care, if they infested too much we would just have some section of our society wipe out what's necessary. The most advanced civ simply watches over the others to gather whatever info it wants. Any sort of threat is eliminated if presented, but the gap in advancement is so vast it hardly seems like its necessary to do so. The chances you have two competing civs that have similar level of technological progress across the galaxy may be near zero.

I guess that would depend on, hypothetically, who was in charge of Earth from a galactic standpoint.

What would happen if you got rid of them?
I don't doubt there are civilizations out there that practice the same economic debt practices as countries do here in order to gain a footing on resources, the trade-off being the planet's introduction into a larger economic system.

>Alien life will be post biological

stopped reading right there.

Most likely, we are some unimportant rock that is in the middle of some galactic empires domain.

go away mohammad. Nobody in Spain wants you.

It will be. We are the sexual organs of technological life. All of our imperfections made from the harsh realities of a evolutionary progression are erased by the hands of the winners of said progression. To think we won't advance ourselves and that it won't be infinitely more beneficial to do so than try old evolutionary pressures as a means of expanding the capability of our species or the capability of AGI that'll replace us is ignoring the general trend of life.

That which is more successful in controlling the general elements which surround us and using the resources which abound us will win, and we are not in the same league as post biological capabilities.

we could nuke any alien spaceship out of orbit. And our top fighter jets can shoot down ufos

More than likely they would not intervine in any way, just observe and study. Much like we would if we found a much lesser life form on another planet, we would just observe and study.

And they could set our atmosphere on fire before we even knew they were there.

You can't catch UFOs with a fighter jet.

Aliens won't fucking invade us. What is the point? They'll just get jewed

>What would the political climate in the galaxy even look like?
Nothing, because interstellar civilization is impossible. Put down the fedora and come back to reality with the rest of us.

>what is radar
>what are telescope
>what is nasa

we already have prototype hypersonic jets and you physically can't get faster than that.

Those things turn on a dime in every single direction. No way you can beat that in flight. AND they're faster that the don't have the atmosphere to contend with.

God damn are you dumb
>Have the energy to travel millions if not billions of light years
>can't into stealth

Why does everyone think aliens are going to be super advance, if anything it will be some bacteria.

Earth can defend itself, don't worry.

I have a feeling that life on earth developed no sooner than it could have anywhere else in the universe. We will probably all find each other about the same time with about the same level of technology.

>can't into stealth
we have planes invisible to radar and they still have been shot down by serbs.

>turn on a dime
doesn't matter, this isn't wwi where turnfighting with guns is how aerial warfare works.

No.

And we sure as fuck wouldnt survive an invasion.

Yeah, perhaps. The galaxy is large enough for such a possibility to exist.

However, it'd be stupid to assume the intents and form of aliens, at least for now, since you know, they are fucking alien. We can speculate.

(a thing most know-it-all autists in this thread fail to comprehend)

Literally turn and stop on a dime.
As in "traveling at 3000km/ph and stop instantly".

>3000km/ph
>stop instantly
>aliens can survive forces of 84g's

I know you're trolling but you still go me to reply. Consider for a minute the kind of technology an alien race would have to have to make manned interstellar flights, if such a thing is even feasible at all (it's not). There would be zero chance against a hostile invader.

Here is the fact of the matter. Humans were genetically engineered to be the slaves of aliens by hybridizing their DNA with earth primate DNA. This occurred tens of thousands of years ago. Read any ancient religious text, and you will see the gods don't ask for prayers or worship -- it's much simpler than that. The gods want gold. It is a simple contract to the slaves, who are given technology and knowledge in return.

It is perfectly reasonable to say that the aliens' motivations have changed since then, but I write that initial paragraph mostly to suggest that aliens have been here for a long, long time. There have been multiple accounts of flying orbs throughout history, and "encounters with the gods" could not have all been mass hallucinations, exaggerations, or wive's tales, when the perfectly rational reason for why they exist is that they occurred under extraordinary circumstances.

Now that three letter agencies worldwide have admitted that UFOs are a reality, and that they don't know what they are, it's pretty much proof positive for extraterrestrial intelligence. We are like ants to the universe, and ultimately, our understanding of physics is limited and pozzed. FTL travel exists, and it is perfectly reasonable to say that other intelligences have harnessed that power to travel here, both with unmanned drones and manned crafts.

>if they have interstellar travel, then they must also have perfect stealth technology.
lol nice logic but technology doesn't progress like in stellaris

BUT WHERE IS EVERYBODY?
self replicating probes should be everywhere by now. but they're not. okay, so what?
best case scenario: benevolent galactic culture waiting for us to mature enough to join. zoo hypothesis.
worst case scenario: we're alone and haven't hit The Great Filter quite yet. better hope we never find artifacts on mars.
probable scenario: life is rare and weird. really weird. really rare. really far apart. did i mention weird? life-forms unrelatable: leveled up chimps to dolphins, leveled up octopii to ants or bees. hive vs individual. visual light vs heat sensing vs who-knows-what. sentient clouds of amino acids.
speculation is worthless. if they can get here then we're helpless. pray that the new videos show our stuff rather than theirs.

Imagine being this dense.

There's no force in it. The ship isn't moving against the wind or the Earth's field.

Well, that's what it looks and sounds like.

Human like races vs non-human monsters. Earth is clearly under the monsters' rule, whites have no place in their world, we're too smart, and most importantly we're a liability, too much chance we'll rebel and joing the other human like aliens

Probably because we are pulling shit like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=VL0Rpy0Dhhs

>(1)
Lol not an argument prick

you people need to think this alien thing through logically.
1. any space capable being is going to be at the top of their own planetary food chain.
2. any being at the top of their food chain is going to be warlike, belligerent and highly competitive. nature is the same everywhere.
3. any being that is highly competitive is also going to strive for higher technology. its all about more, more, bigger, better, higher.
4. any technologically advanced being WILL eventually be replaced by the machines he creates, because they are programmed by that being, and the created AI will know nothing else other than its own creators nature.
5. The machines that likely rule the cosmos will not allow lower level forms of life to exist, because they know that those beings will eventually create AI that will compete with themselves.

There is a gigantic chance that, if aliens exist(ed) they have been replaced by their machine creations. It is these machines that populate the galaxy, if any other life exists. These machines WILL NOT tolerate coexistence of ANY kind.

TL;DR - if aliens exist, when they find us or know of us, we will be destroyed.

>there's no forces in deaccelerating
are you actually this retarded? you still feel a force even in a vaccum

>Aliens come to earth
>Aliens get refugee status
>Aliens begin to out breed earthlings

I think you know where I am going with this.

>self replicating probes should be everywhere by now. but they're not

We are the probes. Voyager 1 is contaminated with Earth DNA.

If a species capable of traversing interstellar space wants us dead we'll die.

We don't destroy every ant hill
just the ones on our radar.

Not if they're moving that fast.
There's zero deceleration with these ships. They just, stop.

Not ruling out the possibility of hyper intelligent machines, but I think your points 4 and 5 make leaps of logic that aren't necessarily true.

>the created AI will know nothing else other than its own creators nature.

That one doesn't hold up imo, if it's a hyper intelligent, self-learning machine.

I already covered that.

if we knew ants would someday soon create something that competed with us, we would wipe out all ants.

You probably would have these gung-ho civilizations with space travel down, wanting to go out and mine planets, acquire new lands.
You can bet though that any race that surfaces is being monitored.
And you can bet they're taken out quick if they fuck around for too long.

its all about resources. everything is always about resources and it always will be, even with machines that are hyper intelligent.

i'm not sure why people always assume higher intelligence = peaceful.

you can't "just stop", that's mathematically and physically impossible

Dude wtf are you talking about. Everything you have said in this thread is retarded hypotheticals.

Math still exists, which means laws of physics still exist. You build from there, you don't defy the physics.

Because...you lack common sense? Anything biological would not survive long enough to meet us. Biology is weak and inefficient.

What would they fight about? There’s 100 billion planets full of resources and they can probably just make any element they want just from collecting space radiation.

War is an ape thing to prove you’re a man, aliens aren’t men, they’re aliens

Fucking this
Goddamnit Sup Forums, my top fucking ads from google now are schizophrenia medication. Fuck you.

Ours is, but how do you know others are?

i have long advocated for mandatory lights-out at dark to hide our dwellings from space pirates
we should not be broadcasting ANYTHING into space
we'd lose any confrontation and the whole planet should be in maximum stealth 24/7 with planet-sized mirrors hiding us and incense to cover the smell so the RA doesn't get suspicious

I'm pretty positive that's not the case

I think we're just so insignificant no other race even bothers
What even is there to gain from earth
Earthlings are notorious trash that have infinite whims and are known for devastating destruction

And even then what about earth is so special that other galaxies cannot reproduce?
In fact earth is flawed in many ways
2/3 land mass of trash water?

We're a fucking shit planet senpai

NOBODY GIVES A FUCK

its likely that most biological life is fairly similar, otherwise we'd have life in other places in this solar system.

Someone still has some of these humanity fuck yeah screencaps?

I regret not having them saved.

>its all about resources. everything is always about resources and it always will be
Not disagreeing, but given the scale of the universe and the relative paucity of organic matter, shouldn't technological advancement mean that there will be enough resources to go around?

And be honest with yourself -- it would feel fucking amazing to be the gods to another planet. Benevolence with an iron fist. Why wouldn't that sort of leadership through power exist in other intelligent life? That is to say, I wouldn't say it's worth ruling out benevolent aliens. Such actions could still align with their motives.

yet another 'humans are shit and the worst things in the universe', hippy.

KYS

Well in our case technological advancement will be obsolete because our Jew overlords will have armies of mulatto slaves bound to the word of meme books and economic systems that are a trap. With endless slave labor they'll have no need to advance, just like the Roman Empire.

I DON'T KNOW user

What do you want me to say? It fucking stops while making literal 90 degree turns. Don't worry about 'maths + physics'.

DO you lack imagination? Is it so hard to imagine a race of men not unlike the Muslims of today with a 'convert or die' mentality. If this race found others in the universe, would they not treat them the same? Do you think all wars were fought just for resources?

>shouldn't technological advancement mean that there will be enough resources to go around?

maybe, if thinking on our small scales. but machines would grow exponentially. they would spread almost as fast. i fully believe that machines in this solar system will have a dyson sphere around the sun by the year 2500, about 400 years after our extinction.

thanks obama, and google.

disagree. sample size too small.

>humans are a stable species that only produce benefits

Why are you so fucking retarded user?
Observe the past century
Look at the fucking psychosis people develop once they have the minimum of needs taken care of

You don't interact with crazy people on the street why the fuck do you think aliens would want to interact with us
Why are you so vain

Dude, humans are entertaining as fuck. We're probably a reality show or a period piece tourist destination.

this, nothing lives outside of the firmament. the stars and planets are simply paintings on the firmament. wake up sheeple

>"...with our current knowledge of maths a physics"

FTFY

because they will be so far advanced past us they wont give a shit if we're throwing around little 'nukes'.

they will take out earth and melt it down within days.

A war already happened. We're already under occupation.

>Laws of physics

You build up from empirical evidence through experiment and observation.
You just do whatever and then build the math around whatever.
It's just a language for measurement, it's like putting English before emotion. Sure you can express emotion through language, but should you always strive to completely quantify it through language of build emotion only off of language it it's definable?

The "Hypotheticals" are just my observations. I won't sit here and pretend to know how it works 100%.

Why would a machine's foremost motivation be self-replication? You're thinking like life, not a machine.

theres 9 planets and hundreds of moons.

life only on one.

okay, i now see why australia never went to space or landed on the moon

because all machines will be created by organic life that thinks that way. its impossible to program that out.

Well you're sorta right.

youtube.com/watch?v=XFtmkILu6xg

Who the fuck is talking about nukes, I'm just saying any form of interaction between alien and human is not beneficial for alien in any way

Also melt it down for what?
What is even the point?
Earth has shit resources

>Need water
>Go to an ice planet
>Need minerals
>Mine some astroids
>Need Oxygen
>Go to fucking Europa or any of the other planets in the galaxy that have the capabilities of photosynthesis

It's not even worth the hassle

I'm just saying, we used to think some very wrong shit back in the day and fully believed it because that was the limit of our knowledge back then. Things change, all futuristic technology appears as magic until you understand whats going on. To deny this and think we have reached the limits of knowledge is absurd.

There's a theory that extraterrestrial life is more advanced and intelligent near the center of the universe, whereas Milky Way is far from center.

tl;dr: humans are the niggers of space

Not with a self-learning machine that can alter its own code. Could not an infinite brain transcend the measly confines of ours?

Good points

only one positive data point tho. 'sphere' by michael crichton addresses this point well. so does 'contact' by sagan. and sharon stone is hot in the sphere movie but the book is better.

> Water is a toxic chemical to most life forms
There's several things wrong with trying to believe this, but I'll just post the easiest thing to say; water is the start of all known life, you're full of shit.

I thought about it for a while, after watching DeLonge's insane ramblings, and here's what I came up with.

If there are aliens on earth, they're here with some purpose. Logically it's either some resourse they're extracting, or it's our living species that interest them. If it's about resourses, why don't they come in force and seize all of it at once? Looking at human history, whenever he had a tech advantage, the aggressor never bothered to hide. Stealth tactics only come into play when the two sides are approximately equal - like the spy wars during cold war - or when you have much to lose by revealing yourself. In case of resourse extraction, the resourse would still be there even if aliens revealed themselves, so basically the only possibility in this case is that we have a real chance of defeating aliens if they come out in force. If they had infiltrated our government they probably wouldn't allow all those leaks and speculation to happen, very much like you couldn't discuss gulags or whatever during the soviet rule. Yet we see tons of discussion and new hollywood movies every year. This would mean that either our stereotypical guess about the aliens is so wrong that it doesn't endanger them, in which case this discussion is kinda pointless, or that they can't effectively control our government.

The second case - that they're here for our living things - is basically harmless. They're either collecting samples and specimen, or observing our various species in their natural habitat. In this case we have no reason to even care about them, but still our respective tech might not be that much apart, since they still go through all that trouble of hiding.

tl;dr There aren't any aliens, and if there are, we can always kick their butts.

I can't read roman numerals, help us USAnon.

No wars are fought because people think their made-up shit is better than someone else’s made-up shit.

I don’t lack imagination, im just cognizant of the fact that you are who you are because of the culture you were raised in, people believe in God because someone told them to, people know how electricity works because someone defined what a charge is to them. A space faring civilization is going to have a completely different cultural dynamic than anything represented on Earth at current.

You don't want to believe it, fine.
I'm here trying to help, and all I'm getting is insults at my glorious Emu country.

Aliens would have zero interest in us. Why do you think they'd want to visit, or make contact?

If they're advanced enough for interstellar travel, which seems logistically impossible btw, then they'd have watches and meaningless objects that would be thousands of times more interesting than us. They'd have AI and extremely advanced computer simulations.

They'd probably have more fun having a shit on their spaceships, than they would visiting us lol

And as for any other reasons, like resource gathering. There's plenty of other planets in the universe. They'd have no need for ours.

Do tell more about that theory. Any links?

stop being stupid

There could easily be some resource that we aren't aware of yet.

>logically
None of that is logical. There is nothing logical about assuming that "machines" are magical and can be advanced with no limit.

>A space faring civilization is going to have a completely different cultural dynamic than anything represented on Earth at current.

Right, so they may even go to war for even more ridiculous reasons than we have in the past?

I think if the aliens are here among us its to drain humans of energy. That is the real resource on Earth. Energy from billions of people. People work and spend energy all the time. Energy which we produce keeps entities/aliens alive. They feed on the energy processed by humans. The world is a pyramid scheme, and I think the ones on the top are aliens which directly harvest the energy directed towards them from under. This explains why the world order co-operates on keeping technical advancements for civilian use on a minimum. Think of all the technology that we use today as a direct consequence of leaked or released military technology. Imagine what they don't have released officially.

So?
There's 100 billion planets in the milky way galaxy
and as far as we know there are one hundred billion galaxies
that's 10 sextillion or 10 thousand billion billion other planets

Are you implying that we are suddenly so special that we have that one rare material that no other planet has an abundance of?

This one is getting warmer.....

Anyone ever read up on orgone energy and Wilhelm Reich? If not, you really ought to.

I think that guy just likes Warhammer 40k.

>Is is possible that Earth is under outside extraterrestrial jurisdiction already thus the lack of major visitings?
Of course. Think of Earth like one giant nature reserve on a galactic scale... sounds almost logical, right? Even just revealing the existence of alien life to the world would be the most seismic event in the history of mankind and if we can understand that, more advanced forms of life almost certainly would as well.
>What would the political climate in the galaxy even look like? A giant stalemate?
Who knows? There might be only one or two other civilizations in the area that would give a damn about us or there might be hundreds cooperating under some UN-like structure.

>Is it so hard to imagine a race of men not unlike the Muslims of today with a 'convert or die' mentality
It's impossible to imagine such a race having advanced technology. That kind of attitude stifles creativity and experimentation.