Little Witch a Dissapoint

Is anyone else pretty dissapointed with Little Witch Academia? It has had a few decent episodes, like this week's or the broom racing eps, but overall it's just disappointing to me. It's too episodic, it's not that funny, most of the main characters aren't anything special, and it's missing the badassery I expect from Trigger.

I'm not sure what went wrong here. Maybe it is Trigger failing from trying to do a "famoly anime." Maybe this is their attempt to really mimic Western cartoons, but it not working out. It's not terrible, it's just dissapointing.

Also, JUSTICE

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=420952
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=434819
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Western pandering.

Nova best girl

>It's missing the badassery I expect from Trigger

It was catering to retards like you that prevented any of their shows to be good. I'm glad we finally are getting a good one.

The series has been ok, but it could have been done better so far, but it's supposed to be comfier and calmer compared to the others so far, that's what's making it stick out and do better compared to the out of the box edgy ones so far, just a change in pace.

>and it's missing the badassery I expect from Trigger

Fuck you, SoL faggot. SoL = shit. Go hug your love pillow, tell it "best girl," and then weep alone.

i think it is a good anime. maybe we just need to be patient.

I wanted more magic and world building. I don't mind Akko being silly, but instead we get her being a retard and very little progression until now. I think the problem is that because it's 2 cour it just doesn't have the pace it needs.

>and it's missing the badassery I expect from Trigger.

I feel like I'm just watching The Worst Witch again, so I'm kind of bored with it.

At least Worst Witch had Tim Curry singing a shitty song with hilarious background effects in the movie version...

>it's missing the badassery I expect from Trigger.
Randy?

Surely better than "shit la shit".

>it's missing the badassery I expect from Trigger.
This is too real sounding of a statement to just be bait. I think this poster may actually an idiot.

Note to self, use "GAR" next time instead "baddass"

This.

I really want to become invested in the characters, but the episodic nature, the lack of strong driving plot and characterization really takes away from the show. I really hope the story picks up soon.

It's what a/ deserves.

But he wouldn't be alone with his daki.

Not disappointed, more like the Ova is still better if compared to the state of series right know.

This has nothing to do with slice of life. I love Gianax. I love FLCL, Gunbuster, Diebuster, Abenobashi and Nadia.

Shit like KlK though which attracts retards like you, who would unironically use "badassery" in a sentence clearly don't remotely understand what made any of those good though, and I'm glad Trigger is making something that isn't shit for once.

What's wrong with badass things?

>badassery
What kind of shit complaint is this.

Did you even watch the fucking OVA? It's four years old already - did you leap into LWA without knowing what you're getting into?

The fuck kind of antiquated stupid word is that? It's like they're trying too hard.

>and it's missing the badassery I expect from Trigger.
It's pretty clear you associate Trigger too strongly with the frantic action of Imaishi and the dumb comedy of Amemiya. 8 was boarded by Imaishi, and 3 was pretty Imaishi-esque, with a lot of animation by Kai Ikarashi. 7 was boarded by Amemiya but of course because it wasn't Amemiya's ridiculous brand of "don't you get it, we're not even trying" comedy, you didn't appreciate it.

LWA's OVAs weren't badass like that. Inou Battle wasn't badass like that. Kiznaiver wasn't badass like that. And now LWA-TV isn't badass like that. A studio can and should diversify. Stop wanting to hold them down. You'll get your frantic Imaishi mayhem with whatever mecha show he left LWA to work on when it comes. He's probably got Nishigori and Sushio working with him on it too.

apparently you are not alone

and it doesnt show the time or total downloads, episode 8 is new, you cant expect it to have lots of downloads compared to the others that have been around longer.

Okay, but you can still see a gradual decline with episodes that've been out over a month. Add that to how the threads for the show have been getting slower, and it's clear that less and less people on Sup Forums are watching it.

What were you expecting? It follows the formula set by the specials almost exactly.

This happens with every single show user

you reek of buttblasted desperation

Ep 8 is there to show that ep 7 is out for a while now and not expected to change dramatically.

>only things I like are good
You sound like a retard. Especially defending garbage like Diebuster that missed the point of everything that made Gunbuster great.

Every show that isn't a sequel doesn't have an established audience. It's natural for shows to not appeal to some people and they simply drop it user.

Original LWA was always average to begin with so not surprised

The events of ep 8 should have some consequences.

Not like Sucy becoming a dyke, but somehting!

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=420952
>524232
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=434819
>394704

And this isn't even accounting for slow fags who fall behind during the season in LWA's case.

looks like theyre all killing LWA