ITT: Anime only you remember

ITT: Anime only you remember.

Best official art of all time.

delete this.

No.

ok. thats it.
nuking my thread.

The manga is still one of the best shounens ever.

ah fuck, I can't delete my own thread.
it wasn't really that good desu.

Have fun with that, gimp.

Gungrave. For some reason I thought it was cool when I first saw it. Now it's generic.

Get Backers?
More like Bare Backers, amirite?

Only oldfags will remember this one.

By shounen standards, it absolutely was. Good luck finding protags that good in modern shounenshit.

I prefer to call it 'what Hamatora didn't have the balls to do'.

It's not because there are two male protagonist that they have to be gay...

Ginji was pretty retarded and Ban was a gary stu with his devil eyes
>mfw Devil Arm and Angel Arm
nope

Hamatora attempted the same queerbaiting, multiplied it by 3, and still didn't deliver. That, to me, is some chickenshit tactics compared to GetBackers.

I remember the trap

Man, when I was an innocent kid I didn't realise how shamelessly fujoopandering this series was.

Is GetBackers actually this gay? I remember the anime as a kid and planned on checking out the manga sometime, just wanna be prepared.

It set a whole new bar for fujopandering at the time. I blame GB for inciting the ludicrous fujopandering that gave us dreck like Weiss Kreuz, Houshin Engi, and Saiyuki.

The only thing I remember is the trap.

Only if you screw on the goggles really tight. The art fucked with a lot of heads because they pretty much just said 'fuck it' and did what they wanted with it, like the examples in this thread. It's ultimately a bromance fighting/comedy with a freaky story all around. It hasn't aged super well, but it'll give you more entertainment than, say, Flame of Recca, and most of the characters are multidimensional enough to not grow overly stale.

>as a kid
>what what? I don't remember GB being that old
>air date: 2002
>the GB anime is as old as Shaman King
>GB aired 15 years ago

jesus christ, I always thought it was from 08-09

I'm that way with Gundam Wing. I keep thinking it was a 2000s airing but it was actually early '90s, and then my head hurts.

I don't remember GetBackers being this gay when I read through it the first time.

Because it's not, it's just the official art is.

Here's an anime not many seem to remember on this board, or at least it's never talked about anymore.

It gets constantly brought up in threads like those though.
I need to finish it already.

>watch Get Backers as a child
>woah this is so fucking amazing
>watch Get Backers now
>woah this is so gay
What happened?

Still has the creepiest ED of any anime I've seen.

Bunch of good ol' obscure combining robot series back in the days.

It's pretty damn good though.

>Getbackers is by the same guy as Kindaichi Case Files, Bloody Monday, Area no Kishi, Kami no Shizuku and several others

Why did I never learn of this before

Get Backers turned to shit for me soon as you realize how fucking OP they made Ban.

>area no kishi

just makes me realize there are no good soccer mangas out there, besides fantatista ofc.

Giant Killing is good

>soccer
kill yourself

I quite enjoyed the portrayal of late 90's Russia, the Pakistan arc was really cool too.
I must say, I expected more smooth talking when I started the series, not "Yugo gets tortured in ridiculous ways and perseveres wait did they just freeze this guy to death and set him on fire holy shit"

Just One Minute

It was fujoshit as fuck. But I still enjoyed it when it aired because it was also chuuni as fuck.

The only shit I remember about this anime was the name and something about giant chess pieces. I think it aired on Toonami before Zatch Bell or something.

ITS CALLED GASH BELL YOU RETARD