KonoSuba

Now that there have been a few years to fully come to consensus, was it any good, or yet another forgettable "RPG world" throwaway plot?

AOTY

best voice acting in ages

God awful forgettable anime

It's literally God's gift to this wonderful world.

Well more like God's blessing

First season was alright, second season has been boring after the strong start. Hopefully it starts picking up the pace again soon.

Same difference

>Now that there have been a few years to fully come to consensus
uhh, it's been only a year since S1

Megumin was great in S1, became merely good in S2

Darkness was shit in S1, but good in S2

Aqua and Kazuma are always great

the light novel has been running for a while but agree OP was ambiguous

Konosuba is anything but forgettable.

KonoSuba will be remembered for being the only decent isekai animated

What about Zero no Tsukaima?

Animated, not colored.

It was definitely "yet another forgettable RPG world throwaway plot," but seeing as that was the point and that it was funny, it was also good.

Nah thats Re:Zero, Youjo Senki also the future loli harem Death March where nothing happens and Knights and magic. Konosuba will always be remembered as a show that humors people below the age of 18.

fuck megumin
marry darkness
kill aqua

Fuck, I forgot about that one.
>Re:Zero is decent
Stopped reading here. Get a new taste because your current one is terrible

Man, been so long since i watched that one.
It was pretty good.

>Re:zero as the best isekai animated
>thinks Konosuba is stupid
What

>Re:Zero is good
>Konosuba will always be remembered as a show that humors people below the age of 18

The reddit is strong on this one

Am I the only one who would spend time and adventure with Yunyun

>when you have to samefag because you have no arguments
Alright.

S-S-SAITO

How good is konosuba out of 10?

6 on a proper scale of 1-10 with 5 being "average". For some reason people will think thats a bad rating.

Or maybe they just disagree with your shitty taste

Some people seem to think that 7 or 8 is average when rating things from 1 to 10.

Haha, good one. EXPLOSION!!

Some people think that the /10 system is a Gaussian distribution while others think that there's a more objective model, not to do with averages but about objective quality.

It's almost as if both are correct

9/10

Id never rate any other anime over 8/10, only some manga go to 10/10 for me. The show is mindless fun but its fun and its really good at being fun

I think it's overrated desu. Dropped it at episode 7 because I can't stand the retarded twist.

>inb4 butthurt
OP asked a question. I answered.

It's good and honestly the only Isekai I still keep up with.

Honestly the MC not being some retardedly OP character that has some unique skill no one else has and everyone licks his boots like a god makes it more memorable than 90% of the other Isekais. Kazuma also has a personality unlike most Isekai protagonists where it feels like you're just supposed to self insert. It's honestly not common for a MC to actually carry a show.

It has the basic forgettable RPG plot but its the humor that makes this one a gem.

this

bakuretsu bakuretsu la la la ~

If you are autistic enough to do something pointless like rate every anime on a scale of 10, you should be autistic enough to understand why maintaining 5 as your personal "average" is important. Otherwise you become like this poor sap where Konosuba is literally the best anime of all time. Subjectivity has its limits.

It's the funniest anime I've seen in the past few years
The characters really make the show, particularly Aqua and Kazuma

This actually is a good representation of character status now.

Although at times Aqua's whininess does tend to make her less amusing especially since thats her only gimmick.

Darkness was awful in S1, shes is still awful but her awfulness works now for the situation.

Megumin just did not receive any love and having Yunyun doesn't really help.

But user, 5 is my average and konosuba is the best anime of all time. I cant name single one thats better than it, not a single one

Isekai doesn't have to be bad, and in fact, wish fulfillment doesn't have to be bad. It's just that that's all there is to most Isekai. I don't think it's a stretch to say KonoSuba has elements of power fantasy to it, but Kazuma still feels like more than an audience surrogate, while the girls are used as joke factories first and waifus second. It's not a parody of isekai, the same way KonoSuba's tonal opposite, Re: Zero, is not a deconstruction of it. They're just examples of how to do isekai well.

Re: Zero has basically everything about isekai played straight, the only difference is that it wants the hero to earn his victories, and it makes Gate and Sword Art look cringeworthy embarrassing. Or compare KonoSuba to something like Outbreak Company, while the latter has a few funny scenes, it's still mostly about validating the audience's fantasies of their useless nice guy traits being both useful and sexually appealing.

I've been watching anime since 2006 and Konosuba is my favourite of all time right now.

You gotta make an argument first if you want a serious reply

Besides comedy, I really love the comfy atmosphere it provides, makes me itch to try some RPG.

It's Naheulbeuk: Anime edition, so it won't be forgotten right away unlike most iseksai.

gate has tanks though
and jets
pew pew

kek I never noticed

8-9/10
The artstyle varies too hard depending who was episode director. This is both good and bad. Direction goes from standard to very decent, the Darkness-Vanir possession was a good example. Voice acting was understandably decent. Studio Deen took some creative liberties and tied events different but enough to present the same story and still managed to be enjoyable and cohesive. That's impressive for an adaptation out of the shitty standard nips have. OST hadn't really added to the show until recently in season two. Overall, it's pretty decent.

This show has given me a good laugh, every episode, with out fail.
10/10 good comedy

The voice acting and humor really carry this show

Yunyun makes me feel sad

I would tell her that it's normal for friends to wrestle eachother with their genitals.

>Isekai doesn't have to be bad, and in fact, wish fulfillment doesn't have to be bad. It's just that that's all there is to most Isekai.
Wish fulfillment is not really the issue here. Isekai is despited because of its repetitive and terrible writting. I mean, I watched pure cliché harem series with better plot than most of isekais

Konosuba is loved here because it's a comedy show that happens to be funny. The whole isekai seething is completely irrelevant, in fact, no one cares. People just want to see Aqua doing dump shit, Kazuma being a cunt and Megumin's explosions.

>Gate and Sword Art look cringeworthy embarrassing
Gate is JAPAN STRONK the manga. It's was always kinda cringeworthy .

>Outbreak Company
Outbreak Company is a comedy show that wasn't funny at all. Humour and references always felt forced as fuck. It was called back then the "Big Bang of anime" for a reason

>Re: Zero has basically everything about isekai played straight
My main problem with Re:Zero it's not the seething. I mean, it doesn't work like your average isekai.
I didn't like this show because all the characters (especially the MC) were unlikeable fucks, and the massive waifu baiting didn't helped.
I couldn't either "feel the seriousity" of the plot. I mean, things were terrible for Subaru, and somehow I always remained indifferent, like "meh, shit that happens, I guess". It's like they tried to give it a serious writting and fucked it up during the process.
But if you are asking why so many people hate Re:Zero, it's because the insane popularity it got among normies and reddit.

Sorry for the blogpost

Get off the internet Yunyun.

It's functional.

She has Vanir, Wiz and Dust so get lost

I want to go on an adventure with Wiz

It's a comedy.

>balancing the chequebook
>purchasing from a wholesaler
>handling payroll and HR

Fun with Wiz!

Holy shit the Masked Thief is fucking GOAT, why can't we have a cool MC like him rather than the pathetic piece of crap we got?

His assault duel with that Katsuragi guy was pretty brutal

It's basically the Kazuma show, This show doesn't work without him.

Anyone have a webm of the group dancing from the second opening?

It's complete garbage.

>pathetic piece of crap
The entire point is that it's a show about 4 pretty unlikeable people who become vaguely endearing when you put them around each other. I feel like it's Seinfeld: the anime.

I don't think they are unlikeable. Aqua is cute, even if somewhat dumb. Megumin is pure waifu material. And Kazuma is pretty cool compared to most MCs nowadays. The only character I don't really like is Darkness, but it's more like I just feel nothing towards her, and not dislike her.

See, and I saw it as a cynical asshole meets a moron, a chuuni and a masochist and they make it work.

They're lovable, but in a lovable flaw kind of way.

Why is he so perfect?

cute

Oh, God, the animation is so bad, but I still love it.