What's the second best anime of this season behind Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid?

What's the second best anime of this season behind Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/erkin_kawabata/status/589384655796731904
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Flop Dragon

Kuzu No Honkai.

Little Witch Academia

Actual runnerup: LWA
Actual contenders: Demi-Chan, Gabriel Dropout, Rakugo
Not a contender: Konoshita

Who cares? Power gap between Kyoani and third division studios is too huge.

3-gatsu still

>he doesn't know that KA doesn't publicize their private shop's sales
It's not flopping at all, newfag. We just don't know for certain exactly how great it's selling.

1st. LWA.
2nd Gabriel Dropout.
3. Maid Dragon.

I love Kyoani but man Gabriel Dropout is fucking hilarious.

>garbage dragon
>good

Demi-chan.

Stop being in denial, Kobayashi is a flop.

This.

>kyoani fags continue to defend this garbage

Who are you quoting?

It's a masterpiece.

But it's a nice show?

You have to go back to your containment board.

I've been watching anime since the mid-eighties. I saw Macross before Robotech finished airing here. I had 4th generation bootleg betamax tapes of Armor Hunter Mellowlink. I watched every Brave series as they aired. I lived in Yokohama for ten years and waited IN QUEUE for the laserdisc release of the original To Terra. I've had lunch with Kunihiko Ikuhara and smoked a cigarette with Watanabe after a Seat Belts show. I've done it all. I've seen it all. I am a qualified expert.

Maid Dragon is THE greatest anime I have ever seen. Bar none. This is where the medium has been going since day one. From the very first cel, it was all leading to Maid Dragon.

A metaphor for the immigrant experience covering humanistic and social themes such as systematic sexism, family, loneliness, individuality, alienation, accepting and understanding others, adapting to society, appreciating the little moments in life, capturing the shortsightedness and transience of human existence and fitting in with society's expectations, this show will go down in history. It will change anime in a way not seen since Shogoki took her first steps in NGE.

autism, ladies and gents

>If you happen to enjoy at least one Kyoani show it means you are a Kyoanifag

Demi-chan
Gabriel Dropout
Akiba Strip

You have to cite your sources when posting a direct quotation.
Who are you quoting?

Ep8
SB/ED: Naoko Yamada
AD: Futoshi Nishiya

Ep9
SB/ED: Shinpei Sawa
AD: Yuki Tsunoda

twitter.com/erkin_kawabata/status/589384655796731904
>Budget for KyoAni shows is nothing special, in fact is below average

>KyoAni still manages to release the most consistently great content in the industry by far

Samefagging this hard.

>systematic sexism, family, loneliness, individuality, alienation, accepting and understanding others, adapting to society, appreciating the little moments in life, capturing the shortsightedness and transience of human existence and fitting in with society's expectations
I know this is pasta but most of these actually are in the show.
Too bad everyone is busy jerking off to kids to notice them.

>most of these
All of them are in the show. I noticed them because I don't watch anime to jerk off. GASP!

I didn't find the sexism though.

>Too bad everyone is busy jerking off to kids to notice them
What else can a man do in life?

key are shit

>anti-lolicon, pro shotacon adaptation
>best anything

pick 2

>Kobayashit flop dragon
>Best
Kyoaniggers are so fucking retards.

>***,186位/***,186位 (***,657 pt) [*,*32予約] 2017/03/15 【Amazon.co.jp限定】小林さんちのメイドラゴン 1(全巻購入特典:全巻収納BOX引換シリアルコード付) [Blu-ray]
>***,179位/***,179位 (**1,166 pt) [*,*31予約] 2017/03/15 小林さんちのメイドラゴン 1 [Blu-ray]

It's ranking decently, but what with only 15 days left until it goes on sale, it can't possibly sell much over 3k, 4k is tops.

Good thing they likely need less than the Manabi line (2,899) to break even.

>everything I don't like is Sup Forums
Not every watches cgdct trash like you

Youjo Senki

Furiously masturbating while another man is fucking his wife.

When will new Manga chapters be released? Last one was December 2016

>no one talking about Rakugo

Fug.

Reverse sexism.

Fafnir is a failson foisted onto another guy because he refuses to conform to social stereotypes

How does GodAni do it?

ITT: buttblasted DEENfags

Being the best studio.

Talent
Developing and keeping talent in house
Paying monthly salaries
Efficient company organization
Keeping costs down by not basing out of Tokyo

Kuzu no Honkai is AOTS though.

They are the Platinum of anime.

>Paying monthly salaries
Removing the incentive to always draw as quickly as possible is probably a big one.

But they spawn two shows per year. What do they do the rest of the year?
How do you know they got paid the same as freelancers?

>What do they do the rest of the year?
Make anime, I assume. I assume they're always making anime but release a small amount of material each year because of small staff sizes. They're like a small boutique arthouse studio.

T H I S
I like konosuba though

>2 tv series a year
>2+ OVAs
>1-2 movies

If studios like Silver Link or Lerche can create 2 show per season they can too.
I'm starting to think that their show are cheat is a lie.

It's honestly less good than S1

Working on anime takes time user. They were just finishing up the storyboards for Maidragon ep8 earlier this season.

A movie and recaps movies

So we've reached the point in the season where everyone stops talking about the show and just fills the threads with studiowars garbage and dumb insults. Sad!

Average sales per volume:

2003 - Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu: 17,842
2005 - AIR: 25,181
2005 - Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid: 12,646
2006 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: 77,715
2006 - Kanon (2006): 22,217
2007 - Lucky Star: 38,526
2007 - Clannad: 32,114
2008 - Clannad: After Story: 27,562
2009 - Munto: 449
2009 - The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya and Nyoron Churuya-san: 17,979
2009 - K-ON!: 56,772
2009 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2: 53,052
2010 - K-ON!!: 48,755
2011 - Nichijou: 7,020
2012 - Hyouka: 20,057
2012 - Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions: 16,519
2013 - Tamako Market: 4,840
2013 - Free!: 29,108
2013 - Beyond the Boundary: 6,021
2014 - Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - Heart Throb: 7,787
2014 - Free! - Eternal Summer: 22,290
2014 - Amagi Brilliant Park: 6,792
2015 - Sound! Euphonium: 8,329
2016 - Myriad Colors Phantom World: 2,191
2016 - Sound! Euphonium 2: 7,821

I don't think they'd have exactly 2 flops in 14 years if they made 2 shows per season. I'm pretty sure making 2 shows per year is working out just fine for them.

Bashing KyoAni because they're popular and successful is a 24/7/365 thing on Sup Forums.

>Free
>29k
>Meidragon
>most likely less than 5k
It's over

I wonder what their next big hit will be.
Violet? Whatever Ishihara is doing? The archery thing?

But I thought their cost efficiency would let them do more than two shows per season.

They would have to dilute their own talent pool in order to produce more anime per year with the same cost efficiency. Their works have consistently excellent technical execution because they use small, talented staffs. They could have 20 key animators working at one time instead of 10 in order to produce two anime in a season, but the quality would suffer.

>Little Sales Flopademia

>it's 2017
>it's not isekai or fujoshit
Sasuga, Nippon.

Why are you so autistic?

>tfw LWA would be selling great if Akko was actually a salaryman from another world turned into a little witch

>Nichijou is considered a flop but did better than Amagi BtB and Tamako.
Eh.

Bullshit. They have their own school man power shouldn't be a problem.

They have to graduate first, user.

Nichijou was correctly considered a flop in the past, but its undeniable quality, over time, transformed its status into that of a cult classic, stoking the flames of demand for a successful re-release, generating long-term profit for KyoAni.
While its absurdist humor is polarizing, it is quite possibly the most well animated anime series ever made, and quite charming to boot.

It sold extremely poorly compared to what they did before

>implying talent can be taught

I bet their school only has 10-20 students at a time if that. They're not fucking Notre Dame

>this is Sup Forums
>cast is primarily male
>you're surprised at this

Yeah I guess.

If they re-released it I think it would sell more than 7k.

Well coming after K-ON and Haruhi it would have been a shock.

They did re-release Nichijou. The re-release outperformed the original release, selling 3,996 copies per volume.

>best anime of the season
>best OP of the season
>best ED of the season

>my boring, slow, slice of life, cute girls doing cute things, highschool comedy moeshit isn't getting that much attention....
>it must be because the filthy otaku only want isekai and fujobait!!!!
Please let go of your delusions. LWA really isn't anything special or exciting, it would be stranger if it were getting tons of attention.

Maid Dragon a shit.

You first need to understand how the industry works. KyoAni's business practices vastly differ from your average studio. First off they don't outsource nearly as much as the rest, they also don't hire freelancers per project, so while KyoAni's in-house staff is bigger than Lerche, they ONLY use that staff (for the most part) instead of sub-contracting 20+ other companies. They don't need to keep constant flow of contracts since they profit diferently. Studios that have 2+ shows per season are usually in bankrupt limbo, they need those contracts to pay their debts and request new prestamos. This is why you always see Bones with negative profit margins and over 40% equity ratio, the bank basically owns them, and this is also why Manglobe went bankrupt, they couldn't get any more contracts after Gangsta.

There's also studios like SHAFT, Trigger, or UFO that are safe from going under but they're basically their publisher's little bitches and will never grow.

>LWA really isn't anything special or exciting
It's the second most well animated show of the season, it's charming and it has a memorable cast.

I still don't understand why Nichijou flopped so hard

>It's the second most well animated show of the season,
In bursts. It has a nice scene every 2nd ep, but most of the show looks like your average cheap CGDCT show, on the level of Gabriel Dropout or any other cheaply produced moe comedy having aired in the past 5 years.

>it's charming and it has a memorable cast.
This is the most generic praise you can give to CGDCT shows, the most generic type of show out there. Everyone who's ever liked any of those kind of shows will say the exact same thing about it. The entire survival of moe comedy as a genre relies on it having cute charm and characters who are memerable enough that you want buy merch of them. This does not indicate that LWA is special or exciting in any way.

Over $1,000 for the entire season. The average Nichijou volume cost like $30 more than the average anime volume.
Absurdist humor is, by nature, polarizing and not terribly popular. Initial sales would have been respectful but not overwhelming had the volume prices been average instead of high.

It's fucking 8 episodes into a total of 25 episodes. I'm not going to critique the plot yet because that would be retarded.

>calling out on people for defending garbage = have autism

I'd tie Maidoragon with Konosuba, and put Demi-chan as runner up. I watched and episode of Gabriel and I can't see the appeal.

Yeah, you can't critique the plot yet bc it doesn't HAVE a plot yet. At the moment it's just a boring, cheap-looking, moe comedy. So don't act surprised at or blame other groups of people for it not garnering much attention. It's perfectly natural for it not to. It isn't the big isekai or fujo boogeyman that's stealing the attention it rightly deserves, it just isn't capable of garnering attention on its own.

As someone whose favorite "genre" is CGDCT, most CGDCT shows are not charming and most of them do not have memorable casts. For every Non Non Biyori there's five Kitakubu Katsudou Kirokus.

It has been mostly episodic so far. That is not an automatic bad thing unless you are from Sup Forums.
It is not boring and it is not cheap looking. I don't think you are watching it.
Yes, I am going to blame Japan for it not succeeding. Japan has shit taste. Love Live is not the greatest anime ever made.

KKK was great though.

It was terrible, user, and no, it has not caught fire yet. It never will. The shiritori episode was the only good one.

it's really got nothing going for it other than fanservice and lolis

>best anime of the season
Two seasons in a row!

>Hibike AOTY 2015
>Hibike 2 AOTY 2016
>Maidragon AOTY 2017 unless Violet Evermeme comes out this year

Who can stop them?

Will they snag 2018 too?