Shinsekai Yori

Who were the bigger faggots, the characters themselves or the people who were triggered by this episode?

I hate people who start SSY threads like this. It's literally begging for shitposters to come and shit everything up.

Anyway, the characters aren't even faggots

Going by the LN, the characters. Going by the anime, the people on this board.

Sorry for phoneposting, computer's broken.

The people who got triggered by it obviously.

1. It displayed retarded homophobia, for which there's really no excuse in this day and age.
2. It also displayed a clear lack of understanding about the characters and the world that they live in.

Anyone who dropped this show on that episode probably has a double digit IQ.

The show had a lot of problems but the gay phase wasn't one of them.

People hating on something or being "anti-" are always wrong, no exceptions.

>she thinks 69 is the only way
kek

Man I should probably rewatch this.

I thought it did its job in showcasing how the society had developed an alien view of sexuality as a means to ensure that shit doesn't hit the fan again

GAY BONOBOS LMAO

>or the people who were triggered by this episode
Holy fucking shit, fuck off. Nobody got mad at the episode. Rather, you fucking shitheads started giggling and shitposting about it

>LE BONOBOS XDD
Fuck off and die. Shinsekai Yori threads were dead before this happened.

You are the cancer killing anime. Shinsekai Yori is the most shallow anime created in the last 100 years. K-On is literally deeper and has more characterization. If you think this series is deep or intelligent

>you're illiterate
>you've never read a book
>you've certainly never analyzed any writing by a talented author
>you failed high school English
>you didn't go to college
>you have offensive body odor

>tfw this scene single-handedly got me into yaoi
I don't know what did this anime have that made it so poweful. The tree scene in the fifth episode also gave me butterflies in my stomach.

They're not even gay for very long. Except Maria, she goes hard.

I never called it deep you child, I just said that it made sense for the society to be all free love and hedonistic after what happened to them in the past. I didn't call it a masterpiece because the shit took 18 episodes to get good.

OP of course.

seconded

What a poor, sheltered girl.

The people who animated it.

>LN
What about SSY makes it a light novel? It's written in a very traditional, neutral speculative sci-fi style, aimed at a mature audience, and wasn't marketed with anything related to otaku culture. It ended up getting an anime adaptation, but originally it was just a hard si-fi novel completely removed from anything to do anime or otaku. I don't think it makes sense to call it an LN.

It's meaningful visuals, slow pacing and effective sund design made it really good at creating atmosphere.

The point was to trigger the viewers though. Pre-timeskip, it's set up so you believe that Satoru would form a rivalry with Shun over Saki especially since Satoru made a move on her when they were 12. Next thing you know, he's butt buddies with Shun.

Why are you anti-anti? It's wrong to be anti anything after all.

It's only a LN if they insert artwork in it

So illustrated books for children are now LN?

The homosex in SSY (of both sexes) was just to show a part of the social engineering in their dystopian society.

Homsexuality was never a main topic nor was there any advocacy about it, they literally used it as a tool for population/mood control.

If people can't even manage that depiction of homosexualitywithout going "looool gayyyyy" then they are a lost cause.

>le current year guise !!!XD

I actually dropped the anime the same second I saw this.

This episode was totally unnecessary. You can even skip it and lose literally nothing. Pointless shit for fujoushi.

You guys need to be a little more secure in your sexuality.

WAT.

>stimulating being gay as population control
makes me think

I'm tendentially homophobe and that really trigger anything except surprise, so I guess the second

Making shitty threads like this is an insult to SSY and should be punished with death.

>If you don't want to watch guys make out, it's because you're insecure about being straight
What is this retarded logic? Are you insecure about your digestive system because you won't eat shit?

So skip the scene, you don't have to drop the whole series and miss out on a good story.

I watched everything without issue. I just hate virtue signaling faggots that say this type of shit.

Shinsekai Yori is so deep it flew over your head. I'm sorry you're a faggot user.
I've seen people throw around buzzwords like totalitarian around to explain the setting, when they should really be comparing the world of SY to feudalism as an alternative, yet similar take on traditional society. The discourse about SY is so demanding, it flowers only a few times a year when you get a resident historical and anthropoligic autist to chime in. Bonus points when a select few people start claiming that Queerats aren't human going by natural law and metaphysics.
SY's morality and virute are also very different. When you get someone claiming characters are boring, you can safely disregard him as the ultimate normalpleb.

>This is all SSY will be remembered for.
Fuck everything, Later episodes were so fucking intense.

>I basically agree with you but I want to be contrarian

Whatever dude

>tfw it flopped so hard they never bothered to resync audio in that one episode

No, I wanted to point out how fucking dumb your argument was in the hopes that you use it again.

*never

There's nothing dumb about my argument. If a single scene of two animated dudes kissing triggers someone enough to make them drop a series, then they must not be all that secure in their own sexuality or have some other outstanding issues when it comes to human sexuality. Hell, I didn't like the scene myself because I was rooting for Satoru to hook up with Saki since he showed he had the balls to make a move on her when they were twelve.

>le not tolerating degeneracy is being insecure in your sexuality
End yourself. These are liberal lies that somehow got implanted into dumb tools like yourself.

Wasn't there a lesbian kiss as well? I never watched this anime.

Fact is the rampant homosexuality among the kids is presented as bizarre. Saki even asks herself "What are we doing?" when she realizes she was taunting a boy for being romantically interested in her girlfriend.

>presented as bizarre. Saki even asks herself "What are we doing?"
Nuh-uh.

She asks herself because she's the outlier who seeks meaning and never forgot that this is a control mechanism. It's there to show her struggle with what is expected of her and what is right.

Sup Forums you shall not post outside of your mother board. Fuck off.

>it's pol to point out bullshit

>She asks herself because she's the outlier who seeks meaning and never forgot that this is a control mechanism.
>control mechanism

And that's what makes it bizarre, the fact that this behaviour was engineered.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. It's weird to them because it's engineered? That doesn't hold water.

It's culturally accepted and they've been bred thru generations to naturally exibit this behavior. It isn't strange to them. Only Saki because she has forbidden knowledge and isn't willing to forget it. It's like when you learn something and can't enjoy an old thing because this new knowledge constantly haunts you.

Nice digits.

Honestly, why do people even get triggred by homo and yuri in common shows?

I think it's endearing and cute if well done and actual romance not some bait.

It's normal for them but supposed to be weird for the viewer. There's even subtle hints that it's supposed to be weird for the viewer like Itou's (the only straight boy in village apparently) shocked reaction when he sees Shun and Satouru holding hands. Also keep in mind that the adults are always watching and they eventually tried to dispose of Itou.

>You don't want to watch guys kissing because you're gay
This is not a fucking argument, and it's literally just yelling YOU'RE GAY. It only works for brain dead retards like yourself to pat each other on the back.

So I'll ask, do you not eat shit because you're insecure in your digestive system? Or maybe you're insecure in your taste?

Honestly I think anime would lose a big part of its appeal if it didn't have yuri and BL.

More like you can't watch guys kissing because you're afraid of what your reaction will be. That's what I mean by insecure. I can see two dudes kissing and just think "lol fags."

>So I'll ask, do you not eat shit because you're insecure in your digestive system? Or maybe you're insecure in your taste?

Also this is a terrible analogy because the reason I don't eat shit is because I know it'll get me sick. I'll help you out.

>>So I'll ask, do you not eat insects because you're insecure in your digestive system? Or maybe you're insecure in your taste?

Yes, the reason I refuse to eat (cooked) bugs is because I'm afraid I might actually like it like many people in the world do and I'll be forced to face the fact that I enjoy eating bugs.

You know what, nobody gives a shit but apparently you gives much shit about it so we're using you as a case study of fag insecurity.

>the reason I refuse to eat (cooked) bugs is because I'm afraid I might actually like it like many people in the world do and I'll be forced to face the fact that I enjoy eating bugs.
Wait, really? I wouldn't eat bugs because the thought of it is disgusting, but if I found out I like them I would have no problem with that.

Well, I don't want to face the fact I like eating bugs precisely because the thought of it is disgusting.

>LN
its just a normal novel, not a LN. its way too long and theres 0 artwork to classify as one

But then it wouldn't be disgusting anymore, no?

way more than just kissing

Picked up. Closing tab now.

Maybe to me personally after getting used to it but then when discussing cuisine with others and I bring up crickets and grub, I'll be reminded that it's pretty gross to a lot of people.

Kek, nailed it

SQUEALER DID NOTHING WRONG

He lost

Queerats have an objectively lesser culture and, lacking mental powers, are obviously lesser beings. Them "being human" is absurd. Granted, they come from the same source as humanity, but this does not back up the claim. It only speaks to a need to be compassionate with them.

We saw what leniency does when queerat isn't constrained by rules. Queerats are a blight.

>when you get so upset about a chinese cartoon you don't like you start spewing bullshit

>I won't eat shit because I might get sick, not because it'll taste like, you know, shit

>the reason I refuse to eat cooked bugs it because I'm afraid I'll like it
You're a fucking retard. Thank you for proving my point. Maybe there really is something wrong with your brain.

Squealer genuinely did nothing wrong.
The humans are just too powerful for the queer rats to ever negotiate with on equal footing.
All it takes is for one human to get bored and decide to wipe out a colony.

And why would you want to keep watching? If that shit lasted more than two episodes, I would have dropped it harder than an atom bomb. I went through it because I hoped it would go back what I enjoy.

Well, I don't know if shit actually tastes bad, I just know it smells bad and is objectively bad for my health. I assume it tastes bad though.

Edgy: the post

I mean yeah, if it turns into Boku no Pico with teenagers then it's fine to drop, I'm just saying a single scene isn't enough to warrant the drop.

Within a span of like 20 years, they went from living in burrows with rags for clothes in an absolute monarchy following a hive social structure to a democratic republic with actual clothes and manufacturing thanks to Squealer. They were ugly as sin (Kiroumaru being the one notable exception) but they were on the fast track to reviving the ancient human civilzation.

They probably would have had a civilization that resembles our own more closely than the telekinetic bonobo people.

I felt unease from both of those scenes since I knew they were engineered to behave that way
they are killing kids and you are more worried about them making them go through gay phase?

Report the baiter. Is it too much to ask?

That scene had a boy and a girl though. How did a boy making a move on a girl get you into yaoi?

First off, technological progress is not the measurement of worth for anything.
Secondly, they lived in an absolute matriarchy, not monarchy as we understand it.
Thirdly, Squealer was the defacto monarch even though he used democratic and republic as buzzwords to rile up people.

They were never on track to revive old human civilization. Human civilization as it was did does not conform to the reality of nature in this universe. It can't maintain itself unless everyone with the power is killed.
Also, take a look at how actual humans lived in the show. You can criticize the way they structured their society or practices of the government, but their life was close to nature and much more idyllic than anything Queerats could've done by industrializing. Only thing they proved by adopting old tech (which was forgotten for a reason) is that they're pests who will do anything for hollow promise of progress.
Queerats are the worst humanity has to offer rolled up into one species.

Killing is a fact of life we need to live with.
Faggotry is a social taboo which has no place in public. There's a reason fags can't get married.
inb4 burgers flip out

And I'm saying this as someone who loves the show to death. It wasn't propaganda and had a point, but was sitll extremely distasteful.

>but their life was close to nature and much more idyllic than anything Queerats could've done by industrializing.

They were literally warping the nature of reality on a daily basis and mutating animals as if they're were radioactive.

So, you're arguing for genocide of humans?

Were they really human? They seemed so on the surface but when you start to peel away the layers, they start appearing more and more alien.

Yes. The main struggle of the show is between what is expected and seems natural versus what is right. The series is a celebration of free will which makes us human.

Your posts sounds dude weed pseudointelectual.

well they made it so distasteful so it would have shock value and be remembered, which is why we are talking about it today

also faggotry is mental illness so does that mean no mental illness should be public?

I saw a far more cynical message

>faggotry is mental illness
It's also a choice
inb4 someone defends faggotry as genetic even though science isn't settled and then argues that gender is a social construct
It isn't wanting to fuck someone that degenerates the brain. It's the gay lifestyle. By allowing it in public, you're not letting them live. You're allowing liberal propaganda machine to work its magic with promises of hedonism and "love", making kids who're still searching for meaning interested. And when they get in contaft with a fag, they're usually groomed into nice bottoms.
This opens up the problem of hebephilia, things unsuitable for kids being openly availabile and shakes up important societal norms.
Furthermore, you're letting a whole subculture which is widely known for promiscuity and unsafe behavior invade the living space of decent humans.

There's a lot more I could say, but this isn't a simple problem of "mental illness" and "ignore what you don't like"

What happens if queerats breed with humans?

Just like niggers.

Better question: how many times has Squealer and the other rats had sex with her? Was it rape? Did she enjoy it?

Only the three or four males who are banging the queen are sexually actively. So she's probably had about 3 different Queerrat dicks.

ARE MODS DEAD ON THIS BOARD?

IS IT SOME SORT OF AN ELABORATE RUSE?

>being this triggered

>tfw it's the mod who shitposts his shitty opinions on this pure, blue board

The biggest faggot was that one straight kid. Who ran off with his waifu.

It's not a LN, that user misatributed the term to SSY.
SSY is just a regular novel.

This, but unironically.

Same. I initially dropped the show for months after the tree scene because I felt so uncomfortable with it. Having sex purely to deal with stress is eerie.

Perhaps I worded it wrong, the first part was meant for the one in the OP

I have a hard time people got so bothered by this.