We got the best anime of the year way too early

We got the best anime of the year way too early.
How can the other seasons ever compete?

That whole episode felt like an ADHD driven cocaine rush.

Just the way I like my anime

That's imaishi for you. all yayed up

Youjo Senki is better

>Ow the Edge

No

it's unironically the best
lwa was ok

Saw the first episode. Over powered loli destroys a whole squad with magic. It's shit.

episode 2 is when the actual story starts

I know right? Spring is way too early for the best anime of the year to air.

Is the main character going to be a little faggot through out the whole way through though?

s/he is actually ruthless

You used the wrong pic OP

So edge then. Dropped.

Moe anime is cancer

>This episode had a Your Name spoiler.
Tattun I need words.

I like the character designs but the animation is so fucking awful.

Great

who cares? it's just more of the same magic battle bullshit

I was looking forward to that show because I thought it was just WWII with a loli general, which would have been fucking awesome, even moreso considering its essentially told from the german point of view. But they had to have flying fucking robot horses and dumb magic spells.

at least watch until episode 2

Its refreshing

It wins AotY by virtue of bringing something new to the media that each year is stagnating more by the dozens of unoriginal moetrash and isekai series.

Just Sup Forums my shit up, trigger, I'll gladly take the japanese disney over another retarded harem

I can't fucking wait for the next imaishi show

LWA is moe.

>There are people who unironically watch this garbage

It has more substance then LWA to be quite honest. Both Maidragon and Kemono friends might look generic as hell but there's a lot of themes going on there, and don't rely on wacky ADHD Imashit cartoon directing or a bunch of references to keep their audience entertained.

Using the older definition of it.

It's not about moe

Shows like that garbage of kemomo try to subtly sell the "am ai kawaii, uguu?"

Fuck off kyoanus fanboy

Try harder.

Maybe you're right, but that doesn't change the fact that I can't stand looking at it.

Unlike LWA?

>Westerners want to copy Anime
>Japanese want to copy Cartoons

Fucking pottery

Kemono has substance.
Maidragon is soulless shit.

Only Trigger want to copy cartoons and their shows always flop.

Define soulless.

I'm really conflicted about LWA.
On one point, the animation is great and all, however, I can't stand Akko and the storylines are boring as fuck.
It's always the same thing.
>Things need to be done.
>Akko fuck up.
>She's saved by a deux ex machina/bullshit.
>Rinse and repeat.
The bad thing is, Akko isn't a likeable main character, she keeps making mistakes but learns nothing and all we saw about her is 7 episodes of stubborness and "muh chariot".
I keep watching it in hopes it change somehow, but I'm starting to lose hope.

I have the same problem with Akko, she's just not really a good main character to carry 24 episodes, doesn't help how loud she is.

It's so uninteresting and bland, even for SoL standards.

Don't wanna
Yes

>and don't rely on wacky ADHD Imashit cartoon directing or a bunch of references to keep their audience entertained

True, Maidragon and Kemono simply don't keep me entertained

Oh shit this was for

Not that user but there's a 3 episode rule for a reason, user.
And AotS is either LWA or Dragon Dentist.

The very reason I watch LWA is because I think Akko is a very fun MC, so I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to personal opinions.

They changed the 3 episode rule to 1 episode now. Didn't you get the memo?

Same here. I don't think Akko is bad MC or irritating (maybe a little bit). I think she's cute and likable.

only hard-core anons complain about Akko all the time

I love Akko the way she is, not she suddenly become decent and learn bunch of overpower magics and shit
(not right now anyway)

>bringing something new to the media
It's a re-imagining of The Worst Witch books...

that image is not Konosuba

ecchi anime blows dick

Trigger's only successful anime is an ecchi show though.

granblue is better. just check the stalker

I know this is gonna sound weird, but you're watching it like an anime. Watch it like one of those 1990's SatAM cartoons instead. Like Hey Arnold or The Weekenders. It's more about "let's see what those crazy witch girls are up to this week?" with just enough continuity to form an overarching plot rather than the other way around.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I really appreciate Trigger for attempting something of this flavor. It's a good, silly-fun type of show with actual heart in its silliness. You can actually tell the studio is having fun with the ideas.

I remember there as a tv series of that about 20 years ago.

I just want to say it's based off the First World War, not WWII

have you really been watching the show because it sounds like you haven't

Look, it's one thing you're not fond of Akko, because you're entitled to your own opinion and all that jazz, but the rest of your post is proof that you haven't watched past episode 2 and I can't take your post seriously.

>who cares? it's just more of the same magic battle bullshit

So just like LWA? really makes you think.

lel so rundumb
just like luluco
Piece of shit.

>posting an even WORSE anime

their audiences don't rely on ADHD Imaishit cartoon directing to be entertained*

just correcting him even though I know LWA isn't even Imaishi

Why did the character designers make Constanze look so much like a puppy? She's qt.

Is it bad I think Luluco is still better?

>WWII
Every time.

No.
Trigger is at its best when they're doing shorts

Just like this show