Can we all agree this is the best form of digimon media?

can we all agree this is the best form of digimon media?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIGMUAMevH0
youtube.com/watch?v=8HWZ7Kn9wO4
youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7zPdizrqk
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8BFffUe_E
youtube.com/watch?v=OkPholg7AF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im not a really big digimon but the movie is fucking dope

I miss watching Digimon on VHS until the middle of the night.

Only the first half does it for me really. I can't follow any of the bullshit in the 2nd for the life of me.

The first is about kids saving the fucking internet and stopping nukes from being fired by a computer virus, Omnimon is so fucking hyp and while I wish all the digikids could play an equal role it's sort of wise to only utilize half of them fully to avoid too many cooks for a 45 minute flick.

>quick this virus hacked google and now he has access to nukes
>get me my boat we're gonna defeat the internet

what the fuck even is this movie

IT'S BEEN

I feel sadness and contempt for the people who still watch this and not the original un-butchered movies.

Excuse you, the first part is about Agumon going for a walk.

The part with Wendigomon etc. had tons of scenes and plot cut to remove the threat and simplify the goal.

That's cause it's three movies pieced together, and the last one is garbage and had a bunch of audio dramas to try and convince people that it was canon. Emphasis on "try".

>take the Digimon movie
>put non Digimon characters in it
>fill it with family values and romcom stuff to pad it out to feature length

And that's how Summer Wars was made.

The dub team originally wanted to use just the first two, but some executive motherfucker insisted they put Hurricane Touchdown in it

Not really since I barely remember anything from this movie.

LETS KICK IT UUUUUP

the English soundtrack for this movie was perfect.

The last part with the 02 kids was actually an hour long movie and the dub team squashed it into, what, 20 minutes?
They pretty much rewrote that entire movie.

I haven't seen this movie in years

Does this make Hurricane Touchdown look or worst

Angela Anaconda.

That was so confusing to me because we didn't have that show in my country but they left it in.

If we're talking about the soundtrack for the American version then yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=NIGMUAMevH0

You can enjoy both. I pity you if you can't take the stick out of your ass and have fun with the cheesy English version. They take Wendigomon thrashing in pain as the virus eats away at him from the inside and turn it into a dance scene in the dub with All-Star playing in the background.

It's beautiful.

No.

You're so very close, but wrong.

And it's garbage no matter what form it's in, our war game is GOAT though so that makes up for it

For some reason that fucking skit scared the ever living shit out of me as a kid

The movie is the only Digimon anything that I liked
But yeah, like someone said earlier the second half of the movie confused the fuck outta me. Though I eventually got the jist after watching the movie so many times.

I usually stop watching after the Omegamon/Omnimon battle.

LET'S KICK IT UP
youtube.com/watch?v=8HWZ7Kn9wO4
I prefer this version over the Japanese one.

Probably one of the hypest moments of any movie ever.

>implying the 20 minute pilot directed by Hosoda isn't the pinnacle of Digimon
Plebs

Yes splicing 3 unrelated movies into one movie with a shitty lol radical 90s ost is the best form of media indeed.

You say Angela Anaconda but I can only remember this thing

youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7zPdizrqk

Nah THIS is.

It really isn't.

DW2 was a masterpiece

YOU RUN AROUND

If you like cleaning up after a pet that shits itself every two minutes and having nothing to do after raising a decent one (if you can).

I HATE the American Digimon theme, but it fits so damn well in this scene.

but that shitty lol radical 90s ost is pretty good for being shitty lol radical 90s

it felt pretty memorable and ill still listen to them from time to time because of how much i enjoyed them and the movie

I RUN AROUND

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK

>YOU'VE GOT MAIL!
I always loved how hype Izzy made that sound

that's included in the movie you dipshit

Even the cheesy as fuck stuff is perfect, and not even in a "so bad it's good" way.

massive hype

I think Tai and Izzy being absolute bros is what made this movie for me more than anything

I still have this ost.

Literally made by the same studio as Our War Game too.

>thread has 0 posts and gets to page 9
>leave it to die
>come back
>just now learning the digimon movie was 3 movies spliced
>wendigomon was supposed to be thrashing in pain
good fucking lord what have i missed

Who is your favorite Digimon?

Same studio? Try same fucking director. Guy just wanted to use the same concept again.

Yeah, Matt may be the one Tai would rather have next to him in a battle, but Izzy's his best friend.
Tai is Goku, Matt is Vegeta, and Izzy is Krillin.
He even gets best girl.

the only correct choice

Jesus christ its been over a decade and a half since I've seen that video.

I don't know, this doesn't look like thrashing in pain.

That was the fun. Recruiting enough digimon to eventually make your city huge took multiple generations of well-trained digimon, and pooling your resources for portapotties and high-quality food items.

The endgame was hunting for special or rare digivolve items, or attacks, which often required special digimon fighting in either the Insect Arena or the town Arena.
I should download a ps1 emulator.

>used to own this on VHS
I hate fire

This movie was something else. Young me was blown away by the simplest things.

Wargreymon

Wait

This is THREE movies?

according to everyone else in thread it was shortened and mashed together into 3 for the dub

Digimon Adventure (pilot)
Our War Game
Hurricane Touchdown

The first one is just the length of an episode, though.

I'M GREYMON NOW

The shit about them as kids is originally its own short movie, while the shit about Diaboromon and the shit about Cherubimon are each originally their own full movie.

You can be whatever you want, big guy

I always only cared about Our War Game. I remember being really confused when the movie just kept going after it.

Suddenly those 2 digimon evolve into their mega-forms, something which they could never do in the show, but they don't actually fight and just create some golden egg which the MC digimon instead uses to fight.

I had no clue what was going on. I even had those promo trading cards but they confused me even more because I had never even seen Digimon cards.

>un-butchered
You mean improved, right?
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8BFffUe_E

I recall some internet critic complaining about the lull destruction in this scene. It's probably just because I saw the movie when I was younger, but I honestly prefer the dub's sound direction for this scene. Aside from from of the pointless blather and narration at the beginning. The bgm and Tai's short speech to Wargreymon just seems more impactful than the artsy silence in the original.

The complaint does hold true overall, though. There is a bit too much unnecessary dub original dialog.

youtube.com/watch?v=OkPholg7AF8
This was my favorite moment when I was little.