Hurr being special doesn't make you special

>hurr being special doesn't make you special
Who is this horseshit appealing to?

AnCaps

The point is that having a special talent or ability doesn't make you any less human. Power can corrupt, and absolute power can corrupt absolutely, people still need discipline to prevent themselves from being a danger to themselves or others.

>Sup Forums's still mad at this
ha

>Waaah my didn't muh MC fly into a rage with glowing eyes and destroy everything

Grow up.

That at the end of the day Claw was really just a bunch of superpowered autists.

This.

I didn't watch this with Sup Forums when it aired. Were people actually upset about this?

>missing the point of the entire arc, or more like the whole fucking show
sasuga user

yes

The better question is

Why is talk no jutsu OK when it's Mob Psycho but not when it's Naruto?

Not really, only shonenfaggots were crying because muh no fight.

Reasoning with people isn't okay when it's done in a world that has no reason.

The butthurt was palpable. Shounen fags were ass mad about the MC not having some badass fight at the end because his teach told him not to use his power to hurt people.

It made more sense here since Teru and those Claw members had no choice but to listen when the psychic powers they'd based the foundation of their ego upon were rendered worthless by someone stronger. The fact that someone like Shigeo can still form meaningful connections with people around him despite the differences they use as an excuse to distance themselves shits all over their ridiculous way of thinking. Their only able to realize this once their safety blanket was violently ripped from them.

People are upset a girl stopped being tsundere for an MC after actually listening to the MC's backstory and realizing she misjudged him, stop thinking Sup Forums is rational.

Good thing Season 2 will end on a big badass fight.

>Season 2

>Implying season 2 will end on Claw and not the ending of the manga
Besides they'll all be dropping it by Mogami because they aren't prepared for the suffering that's about to be shown

So...it's not different from Naruto is what you're saying?

>season 2

This. It's literally the difference between good writing and bad. Naruto's talk with Pain basically boiled down to saying "c'mon, don't do that :)" to a man who had absolute conviction in his actions and levelled an entire city in one move. The resolution of this was not some striking inner conundrum but rather just making everything that happened prior completely meaningless with his ex machina no jutsu bullshit.

Is there supposed to be no chance of a season 2 or something?

So you're just going to ignore that Naruto beat Pain and killed the rest of the Akatsuki in a fight before his talk?

He's just anti-chuuni.

>Naruto's talk with Pain basically boiled down to saying "c'mon, don't do that :)"
Nope

Makes it even dumber that he gave Naruto all his friends back lmao

>lmao

>no argument

it's not dumb because it's not entirely accurate. he hadn't even killed the other akatsuki. only a few of them had been defeated at the time.

the whole point is naruto convincing pain that he was in the wrong. it's not dumb for nagato to revive everyone when he realizes this.

The chance exists, but it's small and decreasing constantly.

The fact that he can be persuaded in a fucking 10 minute talk with some faggot 15 year old to completely flip the position he held enough conviction in his views to do all the shit he did is just mind-bogglingly stupid. It's essentially as if his position was only changed to suit the narrative and not to actually be in line with who his character was. The man wiped out the whole village and mind-fucked everybody and then an hour later goes "woops guess that was mean xD".

>The fact that he can be persuaded in a fucking 10 minute talk with some faggot 15 year old to completely flip the position he held enough conviction in his views to do all the shit he did is just mind-bogglingly stupid.
so it's ok for reigen to do it but not naruto?

nagato was a "good guy" before he was betrayed and yahiko was killed. he's not chaotic evil.

Why did fujos literally ruin the threads? It was sick.

>general
it was already ruined

A. Mob Psycho is a comedically driven story so it fits the theme and allows for suspension of disbelief if the characters are so easily shut down in the way they were. They were merely putting on an act of being these mighty beings and Reigen destroyed that concept to the core. This is much different from the situation with Pain.
B. In the end the old man who held such strong convictions unlike the others in the troupe refused to accept Reigen's words. This creates a consistent character who doesn't just flip flop around as the script sees fit. A similar situation with Pain would've made much more sense. People with that strong a conviction don't just drop it at a moment's notice unless it's played for laughs.

Well this is like pretending you can convince Stalin with the speech you'd give a politician.

literally wearing cosplay, carrying around toy weapons, and attempting to fight children

Why?

The last time Talk No Jutsu was okay WAS the Pain fight. After that it became too boring.

I can see the future in glimpses user but they come randomly and I can never do anything to alter them. Does this make me special? Nope. It just means I get the sniffles of perceiving time.

Because that's the meme

Preachy shit triggers me more than NTR.

The fags in Claw were just a bunch of loser drunk on power so talking them down made sense.
The people Naruto Talk no Jutsus aren't just powerhungry autists, they are people with a clear goal that they consider righteous and a shitton of resolution to make it work so them giving up just because Naruto tells them "that's like a bad thing to do, you know" is retarded.

Kids who are lazy and bad at things who want to pretend that thinking talented people aren't special makes them mature. Agreeing with Reigen is like a litmus test for setting if people are losers.

>caring about this lame shit over One Punch Man

But being special is nothing special. Because nobody cares.

Oh God, not this shit again.

>missing the point
The show is about the dilemma of whether you should do what you were born naturally talented at, or if you should instead do what you want.
Mob is the most powerful psychic ever, but he doesn't find abusing his powers to accomplish everything in life rewarding, so he joins the body improvement club in order to work hard and achieve what he wants through his own methods.

this

I'd take gayposting over the shitposting fests we would occasionamly get instead any day of the week. Not that it matters anyway since the threads are fucking ded these days.

Mob handled it well while Naruto didn't. Naruto villains are also mass-murdering psychopaths deadset in their ambitions of how to bring about a better world, but Naruto somehow talks them out of their lifelong resolution even though he himself doesn't have a set goal or plan as to how he's going to bring about world peace.
In Mob it's a bunch of superpowered manchildren getting their shit slapped around while a reasonable adult (Reigan) lectures some common sense and morality into them.

There's the other side of the coin that blames their failure on not having talent and have tons of series catering to their desire to be secretly special.

You are not exactly wrong but the show's main dilemma is wether being naturally talented really sets you apart from the "normal" people.
Mob is constantly told that he is he biggest shit ever and totally superior to all those puny humans but the only thing he wants is to be normal like everyone else while most of the villains think they are above other humans due to the powers.
Thought the show also preaches that just because you have some great talent, you don't have any obligation to put it to use even if it's for the greater good (fuck you Uncle Ben). If you want to live a normal life, then just do it and tell everyone ordering you to be a hero to go fuck themselves.

>just bee urself

Anything that treats "choice" as something sacred is automatically garbage because it excludes the possibility of people being influenced.

But it's hard to be angry about it because the reason why "choice" is important is very complicated.

Was this in mob psycho? I don't remember this.

The point is that all people are equal, and that those with talents shouldn't let it get to their heads and make them think of themselves as above the rest of the riff raff.

This tumbler shit again

I watched the dub's final episode today too

>being "special" makes you a superior human being

Not having talent makes it harder to succeed, yes. What does that have to do with what I said about MP?

That's not even Reigen's point, he was explicitly telling them off for being losers and not contributing to society in any way.
It's not even controversial, he's just shitting on might makes right.

This is why the Body Improvement Club is shown to be positive as fuck. Not everyone is born talented, but self-improvement can be acquired through hard work and effort. Respect/admiration is earned, not handed down because you "had a hard life" and can hurt people easily.

How the fuck is the body building club contributing any way to society? Self improvement isn't a contribution to society.

The Body Building Club are kids so they are free to dick around.
The dudes from Claw were all adults dreassing like manga characters and being autistic as shit.

Try not drawing so many lines in the sand next time you want to talk up a poorly written show.

No. Another thing entirely.

I'm not even the same user you were talking to, retard.

maaahhaaaahhh the mob, psycho, has always been celebrated for its excellence,

Oh ok, so everyone's just pulling shit out of their ass haphazardly to try to prop up the writing. That makes sense.

No, you are just retarded. In the first place, never implied the Body Building Club were shown in a positive light because they contribute to society. The reason they are shown that way is because a) they are nice dues unlike the stereotypical jock and b) they are all about hard work and effort and improving yourself.

Or, you have no argument to this user's statement So you got desperate and tried to compare middle schoolers who work on improving themselves and those around them to delusional adults who refuse to face reality

>The point is X
>That's why these guys are respected, despite nothing to do with X
I forgot how stupid MPfags are.

What argument? The series is about talent going to people's head, not contributions to society, you fucking moron.

This was the best ending to a season I've seen in years.

>how is making less fatties a contribution to society
>how is working out different than starting a criminal organization where you kidnap children and try to overthrow the government
Are you merely pretending?

The body improvement club are fucking highschool kids, they attend class and encourage fitness. That's pretty ideal as far as contributing goes.

It's just fucking "diligence and responsibility r gud" user. Key in self-improvement, key in getting a fucking job, and key in not being a fucking criminal. You're getting really assblasted over a group of fags who never grew up getting roasted to the point I feel like it hit too close to home.

Holy samefag. The series' message is stupid wish fulfillment for losers. People are better than you, get over it.

Did I miss something, or shouldn't the same thing that happened to Mogami be occurring with Mob too since he also exorcises evil spirits? Everybody around Mob should be becoming ill.

>No it's a being a good person!
>Everyone with latent talent is bad and I'm not worthless!
>Y-You're the one mad!
Still sore about being out of shape and being in community college?

Pain didn't flip flop. His goal was the same as Narutos. Narutos was just going about it in a different manner and was strong enough to do it.

You obviously don't know what the series is about since this is the conclusion you come to
I'm actually every user in this thread if it makes you feel better

It was the curses and all the other underworld activity that killed his mother, not just exorcism

This. It was hype, feelsy and hilarious at the same time.

Every MPfag is either underage or on the spectrum, right?

>???
>explicitly point out that latent talent exists but it's always possible to self-improve
>???
Bro I feel like I'm talking to a genuine man-child. I'm not really sure what you're argument is anymore.
If you got mugged, do you think the mugger has latent talent and deserved to take your wallet?
No? Do you think he should get a job and do something useful?
Congratulations, you agree with Reigen.

It's not that hard, you'd have to be an autistic retard or baiting.

Holy shit, you Reigenfags are retarded.

Another thing, has Mob really not taken any steps towards figure out what ??? is, or did he and I just overlooked it? Is Teru the only other person who knows about it? My memory is blanked on everything between the early and recent chapters.

>Expecting stereotypical shounen battle with Mob getting angry
>This happens
I lost my shit when the number kept going up.