Was this series supposed to be funny?

Was this series supposed to be funny?

No it's humongous.

my names not humongous its hugh mungus

Is that sexual harassement?

is this a jojo reference XD

That is not good, user, sexual harassment is no joke.

do you find anything funny?

It must suck to not have a sense of humor.

It's a Hokuto no Ken reference.

Its all one trick pony gags

There is almost no originality with the jokes and its just a repeat of the same one over and over again. It also appeals to the lowest common denominator of humor. It gets tiring by the 6th episode

i want to bully megumin and make her cry

Konosuba is forced comedy. Every joke is the same, incredibly predictable, and boring.

It's a fun thing to watch when you're blazed with your buds.

not an argument.

Oh, it's a I-hate-that-thing-you-like thread! Haven't had one of those in minutes.

but something like bobobo is way better for that.

>Someone doesn't like something
>You hate because I like it!

Nice victim complex

more into boobs now, thnx senpai gib succ plz

People forget the "Stop liking what I don't like!" argument can easily be countered with "Stop disliking what I like!"

>there are people in this thread, RIGHT NOW, that think Maidragon is funnier than Konosuba

Konosuba isn't funny in the first place so Maidragon wins by default.

What's with the "us vs them" mentality you konosuba fags have? Nobody brought it up.

Just walk away...

They are insecure of their shit taste in humor that they attack other fanbases that aren't even related to the discussion

Well it's obvious that if you don't find Konosuba funny then you're just here to shill some other anime that you find funny.

I don't even know how I made it through the first season, felt like a chore to finish tho, just wanted to see what happened at the end.

Is that a Fallout reference

Maybe some people don't find it funny? Shocking, I know.

Not possible. The only reason you would say it's not funny is if you have ulterior motives behind saying such.

i could picture japs thinking its funny, but not anyone else

Are all konosubafags this deluded?

This series hits the right notes for Reddit browsers, of which there are many on neo-Sup Forums

Getting scared now that your cover is being blown, Shill?

MC being a sleazebag is refreshing.
Each cut is a work of a master editor when it comes to visual and auditory humor.
Cute girls are cute and have actual depth added at least megumeme does
Animation is different by being amazing when it needs to be, and obviously corner-cut when it doesn't, or when it's funny

I dunno, I laughed and I wasn't bored. It got me hooked enough to start reading the LNs and it's only gone up from there, more characters are added, and the original girls get even more stories to further them. Sure, depravetina might get old, but I'd say it's far from predictable and boring

different strokes for different folks I guess

>Megumin has depth
>When the only thing she can say is "EXPLOSION xDDDD"

I just want to give her a piggyback ride

>MC being a sleazebag is refreshing.
Dick-ass protagonist is nothing new.
>Each cut is a work of a master editor when it comes to visual and auditory humor.
You mean "lazy and badly animated"
>Cute girls are cute and have actual depth added at least megumeme does
For one the girls are still pretty shallow, and two they would look cute if the artstyle wasn't so hideous.
>Animation is different by being amazing when it needs to be, and obviously corner-cut when it doesn't, or when it's funny
See two greentexts above. DEEN just wanted to make a quick buck and had no idea it was gonna be so successful.

Is it that hard to believe that the show isn't that funny? Its just one jokes being replayed over and over again. I for one did not find it entertaining at all. Does a person need to have some sort of ulterior motive to express an opinion?

>Shill

Your inner Sup Forums is showing.

why are you responding? it's kind of obvious he's false flagging.

Yeah dude, I totally believe that you are a "person" and not some corporate entity pretending to be one to push a narrative.

ha you totally got him there

Fucking hell. Can't I enjoy both? It's not that Konosuba is not funny anymore. It is that fanbase has turn rancid.

Is this some kind of "No true scotsman" type of shit?

Not the same guy, but Gary-Lou protags are still a thriving species in anime, and they make some utterly unwatchable.

Konosuba has a total dick not hiding that fact and using it to his advantage and it was written by a woman

nah i've seen plenty of retarded konosuba fans say stupid shit but he's obviously typing in a way to get you to react.

hehe.. yeah you won.. here's your prize...
*unzips and pulls down pants, squats over face and releases steamy chocolate log into open mouth*

>Is it that hard to believe that the show isn't that funny?
Humour is entirely subjective user I find it a blast and get bored to tears from some other comedies like Nichijou. Just drop it if you don't like it no need to shout it to the world.

Meme Magician is best girl.

Why did the fanbase turn to shit

redditors and Sup Forums latched on to it like a fat kid to chocolate cake.

Shitposters too, everyone shows up to the bigger shows, it's why shows with smaller fanbases always have better threads

It also doesn't help that its literal haremshit either

Its formulaically bad

It is popular and funny, but we don't have enough source materials to talk about (except LN readers, but that is another story). So, same thread talking about same things repeats over and over again. Since there is nothing to talk about, people post more shit. It was too popular that it burned itself out.

It's different from haremshit because the MC finds the girls attractive physically but absolutely abhorrent personalitywise.

And? Is this supposed to add anything of value? That's basically saying "here is a harem of women the MC doesn't want to fuck because REASONS"

It's a parody of haremshit and generic "transported to a new world!" stories.

>Dick-ass protagonist is nothing new
Really? I don't see many anime like this at all, they always try to play off that they're being a dick or other people make excuses for them or they're insufferable Stus. It's rather rare in my experience to find someone who is a dick, knows they're a dick, says they're a dick, and everyone acknowledges that they are a dick as well and dislikes them for it.

ITT

Oh my god I would lovingly abuse the shit out of Darkness and selfishly force her to swallow my dick every night as I treated her like a stupid animal.

How is it a parody of haremshits? Its clear its supposed to be a parody to isekais but scummy MC refusing to dick harem of women is playing the formula of harems straight, there isn't even humor being attempted here. Its just a bunch of girls who want MCs dick.

what manga is this from

Isn't it funny how people only post this pic when someone shit talks the most popular flavor of the month anime?

It doesn't really need to be said for the not so popular stuff though because it's already implied by the small fanbase that most people don't like it

konosuba has been flavor of the month for over a year

He's a dick with a heart of gold, though. The lovable scoundrel is kinda cliche.

So basically you want Sup Forums to be an echo chamber, right?

Genuine criticism is fine. But just spouting hot opinions for free (You)s is a bit tiring I'll agree

Maybe that's only because haters get hardons for the popular shows. Sure, they may hate other shows, but they don't get the jones to tell the world about it unless the show has fans.

Konosuba should have ended after the first season because watching the second season right now the humor has gone stale

Who is this handsome thief? I love his silver hair.

>With a heart of gold
Where?

After Season 2.

How are most of the criticisms fishing for free (You)s then?

I'm talking about the OP. Saying "I don't like the thing, please respond" gets old pretty quick. If you wanted to point out flaws in the story or characters or you were going to say that it focuses too much on fanservice or the like that's cool. But "Hey, I don't like the humour" is subjective much as it would be to say "I think girl X isn't cute" it's just looking for validation, or it's looking for confrontation and replies either or.

I like both Konosuba and Maid Dragon. I think I'm enlightened.

But both are good user.

Indeed, it's a statement of fact.

Is konosuba too deep for you?

>no need to shout out your opinion to the world
>i thought nichijou was boring btw

Why can't Konsosubafags ever stop themselves from going full retard? Where else should he go to discuss his opinion on the anime?

Gotta love generals, really conducive for OC and non circlejerk discussion.

It was an example as I haven't bothered to tell everyone that I didn't like Nichijou or make threads about it but I suppose I didn't think through the fact I can't really prove as much on an anonymous styrofoam board

What the fuck are you even trying to say? OP shouldnt have made a thread unless he had something nice to say about Konosuba?

No I'm saying he should make higher effort bait. "Hey I don't like popular thing" is a bit uninspired if it's only talking about something as vague and subjective as humour

>everything that isn't to my taste is reddit

Fuck off with your boogieman bullshit, it was old back when we were doing it with gaia and it's still old now.

Harem shit is all the same.

Cock bait where mc doesnt get laid that strings the viewer along with false hope.

They are both funny. Maiddragon is a bit creepy, though. Kanna is a sexual predator.

Its not bait just because he disagrees with you. Do you actually not speak english as a first language? Do you not see the irony of saying "humor is subjective, unless you think megumeme isnt that funny, then its bait"?

Seriously bud, when your generals are literally the 70% of the same posts over and over again, you can't really act as if anything is "uninspired". If LNfags were all permabanned today, Konosuba threads would be just about the most "uninsprired" thing on the internet.

There is no irony there user, not thinking it's funny isn't bait, but starting a thread about popular thing to say "hey I don't like popular thing look at me" is more likely bait and meant to get replies yes.

My point is: you aren't upholding any sort of standard of discussion, you're just complaining about someone complaining.

And to be fair, OP never said he didn't like the series. He asked if it was meant to be funny? Unless youre implying that Konosuba is literally so hilarious that anyone who couldn't recognize its genius on an initial viewing is trolling?

Something doesn't need to be funny for it to be obvious it's trying to be user. How else would people know when a joke falls flat? When a joke is bad do you suddenly not even recognize if it is a joke? This only really happens with sarcasm

If we judged every show by the quality of its threads on Sup Forums we might as well just throw out the whole medium and be done with it.

just like my favorite anime shitposting imageboard

Humor is subjective so the question would be pointless. Anyone can tell this is supposed to be a comedy anyway. This is just a shitposting thread.

what did he mean by this?

S1>S2
cya nerds

That chin is sharper than a thousand-folded katana

No it's just a Mai wayfoo show to sell merch to otakus who want a gf

>you'll never explode into Megumin's womb
This hurts me

Nice I didn't want to in the first place