– How about reasons why shows that may have sold well (like Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon) do not get more seasons?

>– How about reasons why shows that may have sold well (like Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon) do not get more seasons?

>A member of the production team at Sunrise mentioned that the studio had no intention whatsoever to push for more because the series entailed tons of design work

>so despite being a fairly successful property it wasn’t really worth the effort for them

>for those unaware, Horizon has an endless cast of characters and a ridiculous mishmash of settings that makes the preproduction process much more complicated.

blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/02/27/sakuqa-anime-industry-and-production-questions-3/

Well, so much for that, I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

just-believe.in/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So it's dead. Well fuck

Horizon is shit anyway, I would rather have more Accel World.

Has this ever been more relevant?

It needs the title above its head 'Sunrise'

I want to suffocate inside Asama's cleavage

Why is her hair bigger than her face? That's what bugged me about this anime. Their faces look like bugs sometimes

Oh, sure, making idols is much simpler than putting in actual effort for an actual sci fi show with an actual plot and characters.

Am I missing something here? I thought that studios simply did what they were told to do for 90% of the anime that are made, if the studio doesn't want to do it simply find another studio.

Considering Sunrise has multiple studios under their name, I imagine that they operate differently than a smaller studio.

It's not like that will change the amount of work needed.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone willing to adapt something like sunrise. Hell, the first promotional tag the anime had was that it was impossible to adapt.

***an IP like Horizon.

That's why they started it. To make their studio's reputation go beyond cute girls only

Fucking Sunrise. At least let another studio do it if you don't want money.

where am I supposed to get my cow tits now

sure other shows had girls with big ones, but not like this

IBO is a mistake.

Do you think a full adaptation would have happened if they chose Chronicle instead?

J-just Believe

I expected this, but it still hurts.

So, are those fan translations decent, or the usual BT level of low quality poorly flowing mediocrity?

Futayo is so innocent. I would love to marry her and teach her the real sex. Also babies, lots of them.

>Despite it being so successful we'll just be lazy fucks and shove out LL S2.
Fuck this studio forever, What kind of cop out excuse is that?

Tons of design work is worth it because it was so fucking GOOD.

Why exactly do Jap publishers and animation studios go out of their way to not make money? They'll adapt an LN/manga/VN/whatever to increase sales of the book, but just stop after 12-24 episodes despite the adaptation being profitable. Am I missing something, or are Japs really bad at making business decisions?

Good, that series was garbage.
I'm glad they focus on LL

The js06 translations are pretty great, but parts of I believe 1-A and one other book were done by some other guy.

>Translated by js06
It's tip top the best ever 10/10 would read again

and more Mai Hime/Otome projects in the near future

Dammit, needs many more anime seasons. This would be PERFECT for a long-running anime, but no,
>muh Wanpiss
>muh Nurutu
>muh shit anime whose names I can't think of
Fucking idiot studios/publishers not wanting to print money.

>don't want to kill myself because of all the nice lineups this year
>see this

It's not you who deserves to die because of this.
Its Sunrise.

kill yourself and every other LL figuratively literally and metaphorically

Nooooooooo

Decide Sup Forums, what's Studio 8 next project after Sunshine S2

Accel World S2
New Mai Hime/Otome project
Love Live 3rd series or Sunshine movie
Another Sunrise original anime series

>Japanese are always portrayed as hardworking people
>They are just a bunch of lazy faggots

In short, it was too good.

Yeah I figured. I just hope they didn't drop Kawakami completely.
They can still adapt this, it would be much easier for those lazy fucks I think.

End your pathetic self.

Isn't it ending with the next volume? Adapting it wouldn't make much sense then I guess.

Original non-gundam mecha/hero series.

Sunrise likes to pump at least one out every year or so.

The actual hardworking Japanese don't have time do anything but work, so the only ones you ever come into contact with are the lazy ones. Compare the release schedules of Japanese WN translations with the Chinese WN translations. You'll notice the chinks are fucking madmen, some of them release a chapter every fucking day, or even more than one every day. Japanese? Fuck you'll be lucky to get a few every month.

Original series of course.

Horizon was a case where they specifically asked to adapt it, since they wanted the challenge of trying the series that everyone else said was "unadaptable". Even the original author tried to dissuade them when he was first asked about it.

>Isn't it ending with the next volume?
Please tell me it's not

>Volume 4 is coming out on april and yeah is pretty much confirmed this is the last volume of hexennacht. It seems Kawakami will use the CITY Series structure for the countless obstacles.

Wow goddammit.
Someone just kill me

The point is that no other studio want the IP.

This.

In a way we should be glad we got anything at all.

;_;

Adapting Horizon is lunacy.

just-believe.in/
They're done by js06, they're more than good.

I'm fucking furious. Fuck Kawakami

Uh Tiger&Bunny?

fuck, this is not what I wanted to wake up to

New Mai-HiME project or a new original anime

Doesn't matter Sunrise needs to get off Idol train

Sunrise should just stick to making Gundam

Well, the problem isn't that they're making shitty non-Gundam shows. It's that they keep making really well-received, profitable non-Gundam shows and then STOP.

The answer is pretty much in the OP article, senpai.

>Every company involved in making anime has their own priorities, and success in the BD/DVD sales department might not be enough for them.

>In an interview we published recently with BONES and JC Staff leaders they mentioned that sometimes they receive requests for sequels to shows that turned out to be popular

>but at that point they’ve already got tons of work lined up (since studios can’t afford to rest), and they can miss their chance like that as well.

>auto-correcting 'senpai' to 'senpai'

Well this is new (to me).

We are getting more Code Geass at least

>A show which had a perfect ending
>Another season, yo!
>A show which ended with dangling plot threads
>Nope!

False equivalent, man.

I'm a certified idiot.

>more Code Geass at least

i don't think i'd want to see anything from it if the writers are the same people who gave you

>GC
>VVV

That is absolutely terrible to read, even though its been so long that we all pretty much figured that was the case anyway.

Horizon threads were some of the most fun threads I've ever been a part of on Sup Forums. Watching the streams for the raws and having anons come in and explain what the hell was going on. Watching the terrible Hatena subs and laughing at them. Watching real subs and enjoying a great story. That all made me fall in love with a series I probably would have dropped after the first episode. This is still the only series I've ever paid money for the official blurays. Shame sales mean nothing to companies now.

At least I have my complete copy of the BDs.

Woah

Pig's taste

I certainly feel like chronicle is simpler, so maybe.