Baki Dou 147

nothing happens

wasabisyrup.com/archives/z4i2wWpY9T4

anyone with early raws is welcome

>oh, maybe he's -
Nope. You already know from the header - nothing happens.

the end
nothing happened

>it's another "Musashi fucks with civilians / normal people while everyone stays in awe" chapter

STOP
T
O
P

WE GET IT

A stretcher?

First for Musashi.
Yujiro will lose round 2, calling it.

>he's lost a lotta blood
>I dunno, kid, this could be a close one
>somebody get his head

So he decided not to attack the rest? He doesn't seem interested in the weak or putting on a display? Nothing happens but it looks over nonetheless.

I thought it was more of a "he defeated the army by cutting off its head, no need to kill the rest" sort of thing.

>nothing happens
Looks to me like the police are letting him go, so that's something. No more Musashi fucking up cops chapters.

But it's *these* cops that are letting him go, not *all cops*. Remember - Heebs let him go earlier, and then came back with more people. The same theory will probably apply here. They'll come back with tanks or fucking whatever, and get chopped in half again; in chapter 200.

what a waste

Why can't the art look nice?

This chapter had pretty much zero backgrounds huh

It does look nice, you nigger.

Question since I'm reading the first Baki now. Does Motobe actually ever do anything or is he a perpetual jobber?

When do I get to the meme master stuff?

>falling for the background meme

Second and fourth series have Motobe doing cool stuff. He's not really in the other series. Motobe doesn't really "job", but he loses suddenly to a no-name for no clear reason in the first tournament.

All the 'meme' shit popped up because he came back from the loss and supposedly became a top-tier fighter off-screen.

Ok, this is actually the fight I just got past and I was curious why he got set up to be some master only to lose to a random sumo wrestler.

Aren't you caught up to our scanlations on that series if you just got past that fight...? I think you've got like 2 chapters to go, at most. Your choices have now become: watch the second season of the anime for the end of the tourney, or just skip to the beginning of the second series.

>Aren't you caught up to our scanlations on that series if you just got past that fight...?
Shit I am aren't I? I figured there were more volumes on the scanlators website but hadn't looked yet.

Unfortunately, there aren't. Since you exist, though, you've given me a passable reason to just finish up the next couple chapters. That's a Retsu fight and some other crap, I think.

Not much incentive when everyone in the fanbase is a veteran of the fanbase. When new people show up, work is worthwhile.

>When new people show up, work is worthwhile.
Glad to be of some service than. I'll give the second series a pass since I tend to not watch anime that much nowadays.

Although for curiosity's sake, is the anime any good?

You don't need to skip the entire second series just because you don't want to watch anime. Skipping into it from the tournament doesn't make you miss out on any major story details. I'd hate to see someone skip the franchise just because we haven't finished scanlating the first series. It seems to be the general consensus here (and everywhere) that the second series is the best, so there's that. The first arc of the second series is particularly favoured.

>is the anime any good?
Not particularly, no.

But! There's a new anime series coming out [soon] which is supposed to cover the first arc of the second series, too. *That* should be good; we've seen decent previews of it.

No I meant I would give it a pass as in a read. God I hate skipping parts in jojo. I couldn't skip a part for this.

We had like ten chapters of buildup for this. Ten chapters of 'i-impossible! Nobody's that fast/strong/skilled/whatever!'. The least Itagaki could've done was give us an astonishingly violent Burly Brawl with the cops. Instead he murders a couple guys and walks off.

>a couple
One, unless you're counting Heebs.

I was, yeah. What chapter did all the cop stuff start, 140/141? Throw in the TV interview as well and this 'normies learn about how cool Musashi is' mini-arc hopefully has a more satisfying conclusion than Musashi fucking off to Mitsunari's house and waiting for Baki to pound him into the ground.

I just want Itagaki to hurry up and move on into Trump super soldier squadron arc so the midcarders get a chance to shine again, they're the best part. I want Kureha to fight someone instead of just being a healslut.

The TV interview was 'introduced' on the last page of chapter 134, which is the Motobe hospital visit chapter. Musashi vs the cops started on 139 - he technically scared off a few nameless cops in 138; I'm not counting that.

>Musashi fucking off to Mitsunari's house
He doesn't intend to/can't go back - that was the whole point of his farewell to Tokugawa.

>Kureha
>midcarder
Kek, I think the only recurring characters he's above are Kato and Suedo.

>Trump super soldier squadron arc
Not happening. I'd rather have ayy lmaos or time travelers.

Kureha is also above Koushou - remember, he just resigned from their match because lolbrotherhood or whatever. And Koushou is a full level below Shibukawa/Doppo, so I'd put Kureha at half-a-level below the standard 'midcarders'.

personally, I think the tournament is the best arc, and I'm extremely excited to get to read it in english at long last, and also to be able to safely recommend this series to people without having to dive into an explanation about why the first part isn't translated but there's an anime but it sucks but you could start with the second and etc

It's war my son, kill the general = win the battle

Strong is beautiful

The anime has it's moments though from what I remember. Seeing Yujiro and Oliva and some of Jack's savagery in motion is memorable. Seeing everyone freak out over Gaia as well.

I also recall liking an ED, the one with the characters scrolling that ends with Yujiro's iconic pose

Gaia was S1, though. The tournament is S2. And I'll agree to the Jack and Yuujiro stuff, but that's where like the entire show's budget went. A lot of the rest of it is slideshow-y. I did like Shibukawa vs Doppo and Shibukawa's singing in general too, though.

when is baki going to kill musashi and start the based evil baki arc

this isn't DBS you fuckin nerd

Nevemind, I got them mixed up. You're right, Kureha is cool, Kousho is the shit one.

he is going to kill cucksashi
and awaken the demon blood 100 percent

>tfw I could have gotten more Grappler chapters if I had fucking asked
t-thank you guys

What about Musashi vs Koushou? I feel like Koushou could win, given that Musashi tends to try to tank everything. If Koushou takes his eyes, Musashi can't get them back like he can his composure in other fights.

If you mean the move he used on Shibukawa, that targets one eye only. Musashi would be left with one eye but still beat him afterwards.

Nevermind that Kousho breaks his own hand in order to perform it.

Come to think of it, it's a pretty stupid move. If you can get your palm on some guy's face, you should be able to just eyepoke him instead.

do you remember baki vs the delinquent guy in series three where the guy broke his fingers eyegouging baki

musashi will blink off his fingers

I'm talking about cord-cutting, literally his signature style of fighting. Why would I be thinking about that one move that he did one time?

Baki =/= Musashi
and Shiba Chiharu's fingers can't possibly be nearly as strong as Koushou's

Even with cord cutting, he never blinded both eyes simultaneously. Musashi would lose sight on one then don't let him land it again.

And I still wouldn't put it past Musashi to win fighting blind, anyway.

That's uh... that's some art right there.

It's just Musashi. He's made a fuckton of freaky faces since he showed up.

Tatsugin vs Doppo is my fan favorite

That *is* Shibukawa vs Doppo.

Oh, I know. This is far more strange, is all.