Is there an anime series that is considered a knee slapper? I've never seen an anime that was genuinely funny...

Is there an anime series that is considered a knee slapper? I've never seen an anime that was genuinely funny. It's always one person acting bit out of place and the other person is pointing out the obvious while never finishing their sentence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zK5JZP3zeLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=naLaZijShMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>inb4 nichijou
no

Nichijou

To be fair it depends on your personal sense of humour. Nip humour is also quite different to western one so not everyone finds it funny.

is that way btw

Humor is highly subjective matter.
However, I've had good laughs with Excel Saga, Puni Puni Poemi, Seto No Hanayome, Gintama, Nichijou, Konosuba, FMP Fumoffu, and few others.

Joshiraku

Seto no Hanayome.

I also laughed a lot at Detroit Metal City.

welp

Are we talking about Nichibros?

Maybe, but you objectively have shit taste.

This, plus Nichibros and Cromartie High School

Look who's talking, dissing some of the best stuff to come from Japan in the past couple decades.

Okay I'm gnna give Seto no hayome a chance and if it's shit I'll fuck you in the ass

>Excel Saga/Puni Puni Poemi

Isn't Excel Saga reddit humor?

>It's always
No.

D-frag and maken-ki were the most funniest ive seen.

at least two times in each episode i was pissing myself laughing

Anime is reddit humor

ZZ Gundam

Urusei Yatsura, Oruchuban Ebichu

How can Excel Saga be reddit humor when it predates reddit?

Well it's just lolsorandumb situations which remind me of Invader Zim and Katy t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m.

Anime is reddit

Nichibros
Sabagebu
D-Frag
Cromartie

the fact that you unironically even use "reddit" as an adjective means (You) need to go back there.

You know it to be true.

What a nice girl.

I was kind of shocked to hear Nonon there.

I haven't seen Seto no Hanayome but Detroit Metal City is fucking hilarious.

I'm glad I'm not a delusional nu-male memester fag like you.

What's next? Monty Python us Neogaf show?

Sakamoto desu ga? is my favorite comedy.

>Sakamoto
>comedy
The point was to get you wet 120% of the time.

Gag Manga Biyori, although it's not as funny if you don't know japanese I guess. It's pure nip humor too so you'd have to be into that as well.
Some early episodes of Sushi-kun are pretty good too.

>Sabagebu
This

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita never fails to make me laugh

>ARIMWAH

test

>Konosuba
The one time I've managed anything above a sensible chuckle was when Darkness' dad walked in on them.

hello tumblr

This is about as far as it gets, Japanese humour is plagued by the monotonous "straight man/wise guy" combo (I forget the Japanese equivalent) that basically defeats most original attempts at being humourous. Not to mention the fact that most anime are made to be wish-fulfillment/ distractions to the mundane lives of older viewers and so does not take the risk of adding much dark humour or satire - at best it is only in a very diluted sense. I'd love to see social commentary in a more satirical light or a much harsher take on dark humour a la Blackadder rather than being cringe and edgy. Though of course at the end of the day, it is another culture so I doubt there will ever be an anime equivalent to shows like the Therebetween or films like Naked Gun.

*The Inbetweeners.

Nichijou. Anyone who disagrees has an objectively poor sense of humor.

youtube.com/watch?v=zK5JZP3zeLQ

The wind is blowing strong today

youtube.com/watch?v=naLaZijShMw

Both of those examples predate the r-word. Like back when Sup Forums told people to go back to Gaia.

The Ghost Stories English dub

kuso manga bukuro will surely get an anime soon

hey, let me dream

teekyuu never failed to make me laugh, at least seasons 1-4

This is some good shit

Was she autistic?

Osomatsu

Nobody on Sup Forums is enough of a hardcore japanophile to laugh at Joshiraku.

Saiki Kusuo is pretty funny.

These two for sure
Easily the best two comedies of the decade. The short time for each episode makes it a lot better too.

I loved all of Nichijou, but the scene when they finally played a game of igo-soccer was hilarious.

School Rumble

Angel Densetsu, you bloody morons.

I love that scene because there's so much context around it. It's only hilarious because of the buildup throughout the series, going from a made-up memesport to this intense showdown.

guess it's time to rewatch

this

if you can't relate to harima's struggles you are most certainly a normie to some degree

Osomatsu-san is honestly one of the unfunniest pieces of media I have ever seen in my life. No idea why anyone likes it, besides the obvious fujoshipping.

You have no sense of humor

>and Cromartie High School
This is such overhyped hot garbage
And yes, I watched every episode, expecting it to click. Never did.

I would rather never laugh again than watch one more episode of this shit

szs, at least in the manga, had a lot of satire. but it's also full of wordplay jokes. I think i've never laughed hard at an anime.

hey it's the only good gag in this show

manzai

Have you read his doujins? He's great.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
I love the rants, and there are a lot of gems like "stalker Hamelin" or "going to the station of I'll figure it out later" in there.

My brothers

Is this where the *blocks your path* joke came from?

>all these motherfuckers pretending that Nyoron Churuya-san isn't the funniest anime of all time

Nichibros
Sabagebu
Binbougami ga
Detroit Metal City
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Hataraku Maou-sama
Konosuba

Not all laugh out loud tier, but as far as anime goes they're funny. Compared to comedy from the west and 3D comedy in general the medium is miles behind.