youtube.com/watch?v=3X4_2xPp04U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We can't.

Just let flow into the mainstream.

by not caring

>Ignore it
>Shit sales in Japan
>Westerners don't buy merch and won't buy $60 3 episode BDs
>Trigger runs out of money or just abandons the Nip anime model and goes full westaboo, effectively taking itself out of the market

Trigger just wants to be american. That's why they make cartoons not anime.

To this day I don't understand how Kill La Kill got more popular than Gurren Lagann.

The kids loved it

Far superior soundtrack and even more fan service.

It didn't. Your memory of klk is just fresh

It didn't, check the sales.

There is literally nothing better than Japanese interpretations of Western media though. FMAB, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, JoJo, etc are all excellent.

LWA is a unusually bad though.

its not really. anime just became normie-core

>Kill La Kill
That was reddit mostly. You can tell what reddit show is of the season by how many threads there are of it but most iportantly how it gets absurd amounts of posts in their threads. Shit like memeyoga is a perfect example of this. The other thing with KLK is that it aired on toonami for all of the western vidya faggots to watch. Popular does not equal good.

Probably because most of those were made for the Japanese market, for Japanese fans etc.
You like the interpretations because it's done from a different perspective with different directing styles and focuses etc while also avoiding the modern pitfalls that plague western shows

LWA is just bait for the foreigners and was made to look/act like a cartoon.
That's why we should want Westaboo shit to die, it just Americanises (or should that be Americanizes) Anime into another bland boring Yank fanwank. Which inevitably results in the same politics and virtue signalling taking over, followed by an exceptional fear of any sexualisation and lack of focus on animation quality and style.

>reddit
The show was insanely popular all over Sup Forums you fucking newfag piece of shit.

KLK was popular because people thought trigger would be good because a lot of the people who worked on TTGL made it. It turns out they were wrong.

I know you're trying hard to fit in but hating on KLK is becoming unpopular again.

LWA has been refreshing too watch, I think Trigger have a good future if they kind of become an original only studio but it's unlikely.

I mean KLK and LWA were really fucking good and then you have shows like;
Kiznaiver - Pretty forgettable.
Inou Battle - Good but nothing ground breaking.

I'd take a year of no Trigger for them to come up with another good Original show.

It was, but I think he's saying that it attracted a non-Sup Forums crowd to the board, not just Sup Forums but Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums etc and that includes the big boogey man Gaia Sorry I mean Reddit

Take right now, I for one find there to be far too many Dragonball threads at the moment, very few of which actually seem like Sup Forums threads, they look like Sup Forums and Sup Forums threads on a different board.
We all worry that outsiders bring change and not good change either, that's why /jp/ asks you to leave, thats why Sup Forums is so elitist, it keeps the plebs out and keeps the posting to a level where the majority of posters have seen a lot of anime not just Toonami Shounen .

>insanely popular

user, theyre called autism containment threads for a reason

Did you even watch Luluco?

>KLK was really fucking good
I'm so glad I didn't get onboard the same train as this faggot tripfag. Were the threads plagued by him?

Don't respond to the tripfag
He's been here for years and has always had shit taste, ignore him.

The threads when airing were so many that the mods decided to give it a sticky to quell the rabid thread making. It had the opposite effect and it became even more wide spread.

It didn't though.

>show that is exclusively shown in Japan is bait for foreigners

They will stop because of bankruptcy

>When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace (2014)
>Hacka Doll the Animation (2015)
>Space Patrol Luluco (2016)
>Kiznaiver (2016)
>Little Witch Academia (2017)

All tittles post Kill La Kill are flopping. All of those anime is so unimpressive

They had such potential.

They're Good Smile Conpany's lapdog, they'll never go under.

Luluco sold well for a short, Kiznaiver rightfully flopped

But aren't they another Aniplex puppet like Shaft?

Thanks for the warning but I know already. He's a reliable indicator of which shows are shit and have a mainstream normalfag fanbase though.

With Log Horizon and feminist kyoani MC show simeoultaneously airing that year I just hid in Noucome and NNB threads.

>posting Dragonball/emoji memes
You'll be posting Pepe next right?
Why are you here? Haven't you got a Facebook anime page to be liking?

>insanely popular
Not even close from TTGL popularity on Sup Forums back when it aired, even right now TTGL is still way more popular.

Just filter them if it really """""triggers""""" you that much.

They really don't matter outside of Sup Forums and Reddit sucking them off. All of their shows have flopped since KLK.

but I enjoyed Hackadoll.

and it's budget was so cheap I doubt it was more than another of Trigger's "practice" shows.

LWA is doing poorly?

LWA is doing ok.

>hackadoll

Whoa you think Trigger made Hackadoll? Really? Please tell us more of your supreme knowledge of this studio.

Sup Forums thinks Disc sales are everything when they're just one slice of the pie.

TTGL barely gets any threads nowadays, compared to KLK that gets them almost daily.

KLK is 3 years old, TTGL is 10 years, wait another 7 years and tell me if anyone still remember KLK.

>Almost daily
Isn't that crossboarders "discussing" the last anime they watched before Dragonball and LWA?

>Hating on KLK
KLK is literally mediocre shonen 101

>normie
Fuck off.

>westaboo studio
I don't understand this, KLK is extremely weeb

No, KLK is ironic entry level weeb.

>klk
>extremely weeb
Nice joke, probably as weeb as SNK.

What I mean is there's nothing westaboo about KLK. It's shit, but not westaboo. Rule of the cool and over the topness are some of the things that define anime

>moving goalpost
KLK is more popular than TTGL right now. Deal with it.
Another Imsishi mecha is going to air soon so nobody can tell how things will be in a few years.

i'll keep watching anything cute girls

>Anime about school
>Schol uniforms literally transform
>Fan service every 5 seconds
>Rule of the cool and over the top at every second
>All anime archetypes are there
Yeah, it isn't weeb right

Barely. TTGL popularity peaked higher.

meant to

Can you guys dump Akko reaction images? I want to make a folder for her.

>Goalposts
Not them, but not really. TTGL is more popular and way more influential, saying that KLK is more popular ''now'' is like saying that Konosuba is more popular than Death Note now, well, of course it is, one aired last year whereas the other aired fucking 10 years ago.

Not to mention that TTGL actually lived up to the hype, whereas KLK started off with people saying it was gonna save anime and ended with everyone bashing it.

>SNK isn't weeb
That's because you are having a normalfag mentality and thinking that weeb is only about very specific elements. SNK is filled with anime tropes

No, it's more like I was talking about the popularity, and you were talking about the show itself.

>way more influential,
Oh yes, have you seen what reinessance of super robots shows in this last decade?
Yeah, me neither. TTGL was successful but influenced nothing.
>save anime
That was a recycled meme you fucking newfag crossboarder.

>far superior soundtrack
Fuck no.

youtube.com/watch?v=3X4_2xPp04U

>Oh yes, have you seen what reinessance of super robots shows in this last decade?
So you are such a retard that you think the only way to be influenced by TTGL is by making a super robot show? Hilarious. Do you think that KLK isn't similar to TTGL in many aspects just because it doesn't have robots?

Also, TTGL is actually remembered and is among many people's favorites, I barely see anyone talking about KLK outside of its own threads.

>That was a recycled meme you fucking newfag crossboarder.
That's cool, except it doesn't change anything. Everyone was extremely hyped for KLK but it fell apart, whereas TTGL lived up to its hype.

So do you think that Bleach, anime about Shinimagi and spiritual samurai isn't weeb because it's popular?

KLK fell apart after episode 16 specifically

KLK fell apart since its start, the second half is actually better than the first.

>the second half is actually better than the first
How can someone get something so arse-ways?

Wow, so a work being influential means its creator carrying on his distinctive style to his new project, while the rest of the industry doesn't care?
Dead Leaves must be the most influential Imaishi anime then, despite barely anybody having seeing it.

When is Imaishi announcing his new mecha series

The first half is episodic shit with villain of the week and almost nothing relevant to the plot or to the character development happens. Like that Mako episode, did it changed anything in the plot? Nope, it felt like filler, like the entire first half. At least in the second half the show goes somewhere.

Nice strawman, except I never said TTGL is influential because of KLK, I gave KLK as an example to prove that influence/similarity isn't just about obvious elements, such as having super robot

>extremely weeb
What the fuck does this even mean? They're Japanese, they can't be weebs.

Anyway,

>Q: Which anime now are you really enjoying watching?

>A: This is difficult to answer. In fact, it’s a trap question that’s unfair. I’m not really watching anime right now. I don’t think they’re all that good. In fact, what we’re watching now is an American animation called Star vs. the Forces of Evil. Also, Disney television series are more interesting to us than those in Japan, like Star Butterfly, Gravity Falls, and Frozen the television series, which is more interesting than the movie. Studio Trigger and Khara both really like American animation. Maybe we should pick up and move here! If we move here, we would have no problem finding macaroni and cheese, and broccoli soup. It’s difficult to find either in Japan. There’s none in Japan.

Writing wise, KLK never fell apart.
Production wise, it did around episode 19 and slowly got its shit together again as it went along.

>Writing wise, KLK never fell apart.
Of course it doesn't, it already started on the ground.

>At least in the second half the show goes somewhere
Yeah. To shit.

Am I the only one who thinks TTGL is garbage? I wanted to drop it after the first episode but I decided to wait for it to get better and it never did, so I actually wasted my time watching all 27 episodes.

It was always shit, but the second half is more engaging at least because it doesn't feel as pointless.

Feel free to name all the anime influenced by TTGL's "not obvious elements" then.

Okay.

By making a better meme .

watamote season 2 will save anime.

>tumblr
>Likes KLK
No surprises here.

this

TTGL actually has good writing and it's not even my type of show. Firstly because it ties the over the topness and rule of the cool to the actual plot anime, which is about evolution, anti spiral and whatnot. Second, because unlike KLK, it doesn't play as safe and actually makes sacrifices to make the plot better and more memorable, like killing one of the protagonists early on or making the romantic interest of the MC disappear at the end. Third, because it has very good animation.

Like I said, it isn't my type of show, but I can recognize why it's good. TTGL is a show that looks silly on the outside, but it has actual depth If you look closely, whereas KLK is silly on the outside and generic on the inside.

Episode 7 provided real bonding between Ryuko and Mako, explained how the Academy works in a "show don't tell" fashion, provided the setup for the natural elections, and encapsulated the themes of the show in the same way Rossiu's village episode did in TTGL.

>Episode 7 provided real bonding between Ryuko and Mako
It basically changed nothing from episode 7 to the rest of the series, they were already very close at that part.

>explained how the Academy works in a "show don't tell" fashion
They had already explained why before that, actually.

>provided the setup for the natural elections
The natural elections could easily happen without that episode and you know it, they just used as an excuse to make it relevant.

way before that*

>All that pandering
Oh, user. You really don't know how nips work.

>Frozen the television series
What.

KLK should have stayed comedy based instead of becoming more serious imo, would have been better off that way. Still a scent show though.

>It basically changed nothing from episode 7 to the rest of the series, they were already very close
They really weren't. They didnt have any interactions together meaningful enough to justify Ryuko opening herself to Mako at her father's home and Mako's bringing back berserk Ryuko to her senses (recalling those two episodes to her, even).
>They had already explained why before that, actually.
Mako did with a 10 seconds explanation in episode 1. But actually showing it is another thing.
>The natural elections could easily happen without that episode and you know it, they just used as an excuse to make it relevant.
Without every club attacking Ryuko in that episode they should have had to come up with another excuse. And for what purpose since it tied perfectly with Mako's episode?

The most serious the series has been was as early as episode 5.

This whole thread should be thrown out of a helicopter. Trigger is not "western." Ya'll just mad they make really good stuff and would rather have anime die off than become popular.

Attack on Titan is the "normie/meme" anime you should be "stopping."

The first half felt as if it were a parody of anime tropes, excessive nudity, evil teams, school setting, revenge story etc, the second half tried to rationalize the absurd elements of the KLK universe by grounding it in science fiction. Also Ryukos brief evil arc was predictable as fuck.

The first half is a blend of Nagai's ecchi works and other vintage delinquents manga like Otokogumi and Sukeban Deka. The second starts throwing more serious stuff like Mao Dante and classic science fiction into the mix.

>LWA is just bait for the foreigners and was made to look/act like a cartoon.
It's only being shown in Japan, so what the fuck are you talking about?

I know you consider yourself an anime pro, but let me go ahead and burst your bubble: Westerners are pretty much NEVER a consideration because we do not make them any money. It doesn't matter how much you like anime, you and your tastes are fucking worthless to them so all anime is going to be exclusively for the Japanese market.

You're excuses are pathetic. What's really going on is that you're just plain obsessed with le superior Japanese culture and are mentally short-circuiting at the idea that Japanese people are a modern and westernized country full of people that can take inspiration from other countries. There's nothing wrong with that, you need to stop jerking yourself off.

You are implying asians have any creativity to begin with. Whether it be Chinks or japs, all they can do is "take inspiration" from the west, mainly America.

Let Trigger do their own thing, they're a small studio that will never grow or influence others in the industry, sure they pander to westerners but Japan doesn't give a shit about their shows in general so there's nothing to worry about, LWA is flopping hard even after all the shilling it got by Toho, only Netflix can save it.

Didn't Disney rip off Lion King from Japan?

Ignore it. Nips don't give a shit about westshit. They are the only audience that matters for this kind of garbage. Unless Trigger decides to move stateside and produce anime aimed at the west. Which is basically what they are doing right now anyway.

Yes. Also Atlantis.

Dude he just likes that reaction pic, chill, consider it a plus that he's not just meming what's popular right now like you are.