Digimon Thread

It is now March (in Japan at least).

17 years ago this month, half of the eight Chosen Children fought the scourge of Diablomon via the internet in what became known as Our War Game.

They successfully defeated that destructive virus and also prevented a nuclear attack.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12439665
youtu.be/RPePXqiDGEc
strawpoll.me/12440385
youtube.com/watch?v=SVRuuBBR94U
youtube.com/watch?v=IWNnL3gWC94
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

did anyone else feel his character resolution was underwhelming

>tfw just rewatched Our War Game today because I felt like it
>didn't even know it was the 17th anniversary

It was just way too thrilling.

KOUSHIRO > JOU > MIMI > TAKERU > HIKARI > YAMATO > TAICHI > SORA > MEIKO

>best trio then the rest
Now this I can agree with.

i respect your opinion user but mine is differet yeah yeah yeah i got shit taste blah blah blah

YAMATO > TAICHI > SORA > MIMI > JOU > KEN > KOUSHIRO > MIYAKO > DAISUKE > TAKERU > MEIKO > HIKARI > IORI

should I watch the english dub or the japanese sub of tamers?, I hear the english version is good

the dub is p good, i prefer the sub but the dub has a better ost imo w/ the exception of ops/eds/evolution songs

Best Boy Jou is too low on this list.

I really think you should go with dub on this one. Like I said, I prefer Guilmon's voice, but aside from that, a lot of the other voices fit much better IMO. You're honestly not missing much by not watching the dub, they kept pretty close to the script with a minor change I can think of, but I won't say it in case of spoilers. But I actually prefer the way the dub handled this development.

I very much agree with this. The English soundtrack is a lot more dark and overbearing that it feels like the struggle is actually significant.

all I want to know is, is there any retarded shit I have to put up with in the english dub like with adventure's dub?
(I am copying from the previous thread)

by not watching the sub*

my bad.

ok thanks,

without spoiling anything, is the minor change a case of censorship where they wouldn't want to upset kids?

It is not. It's just a different take on a certain message given by a character. I'd explain, but spoilers.

Im going through adventure, how different is his characterisation in the sub and the dub for adventure?

kinda like blade runner?

Do not watch the dub. It fills in a bunch of silence with jokes, the voice acting is worse, a lot of censorship like I'm pretty sure they remove Jians dad beating the living shit out of some guys, they make Digimon Adventure an in universe show and sort of try to imply the teacher is hikari in a very loose way, they insert a romance between Ryo and Ruki, needless name changes, and Jian's entire character arc gets fucking gutted. The dub quite literally dumbs down the plot.

No dub is better than the Japanese version when it comes to this series.

hi, Im going through adventure and the last episode I watched was the one where they meet up whit whalemon for the second time, I feel so depressed and for piccolomon and for chumon, and wizardmon, I need some support

alright strawpoll time

strawpoll.me/12439665

Nothing is subtle in the dub, everything is spelled out in a more kid friendly way. The characters don't get hurt too badly in Adventure but the Digimon lose what little personality they had. The biggest problem is the fucking jokes. Endless fucking jokes because if there is a second of silence it bores the children. A lot of great scenes where characters grow and change who they are devolve into jokes before they say "you are right Digimon, I have learned so much from you!" rather than any genuine emotion or insight.

I just meant gomamon

You realize with the influx of Sup Forums due to their threads dying you are going to just get people who say dub, right? Tri threads always bring people who care more about nostalgia than anything. Take it from someone who has seen both versions in full, Tamers gets butchered with the dub.

If they died in the digital world they get to come back, guaranteed.

But who would win in a fight, Angewomon or HolyAngemon?

so who is the best pairing?

Digimo Tri is pure shite

Taichi and Agumon

HolyAngemon no sold every single one of Piemon's tricks

Angewomon didn't have any showings nearly that cool

He's a lot more annoying in the dub. Because he's already a snarky little guy but instead of being stubborn and trying to draw Jou out of his shell he just doesn't stop making jokes. He made a couple little jokes here and there in the sub but in the dub he is "the funny one" so he constantly spews jokes. In the dub be complimented Jou's personality very well, in the dub he is supposed to be his foil.

Sub Gomamon is trying to get Jou to realize his self worth while dub Gomamon wants him to goof off. Also sub voice is adorable while dub voice is just really nasally.

HolyAngemon's jobber powers activate, Angewomon wins

is what ways, whitout spoiling?

>In the dub be complimented Jou's personality very well
In the sub he complimented Jou's personality very well* stupid typos

>any retarded shit
its the typical" we got to fill up any dead air with jokes or else kids will get bored" shit.

See here The character of Jian, Henry for no reason in the English dub, is fucking destroyed. They literally remove the heart to heart speech he has with his dad which is a huge turning point in his character arc and debatably the most important scene in his development.

well hes the only thing I like from the dub though, I like him as a goof-off compared to joe,

and some of his dialogue did make me laugh.

>joe: you ate all our food! I said to keep it fo later!!

>gomamon: but that was 20 minutes ago, I thought that was long enough to be later.
does he at least tease and take the piss out of jou from time to time in the dub?

Reminder that Koushiro, Jou, Mimi and Sora were all likely planned to be canon fodder with the other 4 children during theit journey.

Reminder that Takeru and Hikari were also likely emergency canon fodder in the hopes that losing their siblings would stimulate Yamato and Taichi to form Omegamon.

Reminder that Homeostatis is a cruel motherfucker.

Mimi and my dick.

>does he at least tease and take the piss out of jou from time to time in the dub?
Yes, in a much less obnoxious way. He tries to get Jou to lighten up and he has a lot of cute snarky moments, but it's less him being a clown more him just being a funny little guy. In the sub you get more of a feel that he cares about Jou and worries about how stressed and negative he is about himself.

In the dub he wants to be a clown, in the sub he wants to see Jou smile.

>Reminder that Homeostatis is a cruel motherfucker.
Indeed it is. Both Yggdrasil and Homeostasis are pretty shitty. Yggdrasil may want to destoy all humans or Digimon to keep stability but Homeostasis would destroy half your body and cast you put of heaven just because you questioned Homeostasis' sense of justice and why digimon have to suffer.

What did Sup Forums think of Yukimura's voice?
youtu.be/RPePXqiDGEc

>playing dub

Pretty much the same as the sub.

Haven't seen so many digimon threads since Tri was first announced.

Is the hype back a bit?

each movie gets everyone hyped

With the 4th movie out and 5th movie teaser poster fueling speculation hype is sort of back. I mean Hikari is going to flip her shit next movie and Tailmon will go Ophanimon: Falldown Mode and kill everything in sight.

How many times will Hikari say: "Onii-chan" in the next movie?

If he dies it will be one anguished scream and everything is leveled.

strawpoll.me/12440385

Let the furfags reveal themselves

Only once, when she forces Angewoman to dark digivolve.

youtube.com/watch?v=SVRuuBBR94U

Gabumon is the only super evolution not seen

>strawpoll.me/12440385

I wish I could go on a amazing adventure with my friends T_T

You have friends?

of course

>tfw your Digimon campaign is almost ready for play

stoked bruh.

I agree. He's alive again though, so maybe he won't get eaten by his boss this time

>Magnaangemon
>One Shots Piedmon
>Seraphimon
>Needs to team up to beat Machinedramon
??????????????????????

piedmon is evil-type, which angels are good against
machinedramon is not

I don't think that he "Needed" to team-up to beat Machinedramon.

Hell, Phoenixmon seemed to be kicking his ass pretty easily one-on-one. HerculesKabuterimon and Seraphimon joining in was just fucking overkill.

Honestly feel kinda sorry for him.

>Seraphimon
>not looking weak at all times

Are you new to Digimon?
Fucker's lucky he got to help kill off anyone.

He's the second biggest jobber behind Leomon

Tapirmon became apocalymon originally didn't he?

>Angemon line.
>Jobber.
Isn't he the strongest champion out of the group? And he was the last ultimate/perfect in the original series and was on par with a mega.

no? apocalymon came from "beyond the wall of fire" and the dark masters acted as his agents. tapirmon, as megadramon, just died when he was sacrificed to seal the dark masters away, without the possibility of being reborn. which is rather uncommon for digimon deaths in the digital world.

I still think there's more to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IWNnL3gWC94

reminder

I was never really a fan of mimi, I do agree that koshiro and jou are best though.

His line is considered to be OP as fuck. Like straight up cunt destroyer. The writers however do the exact opposite and have his line job to everyone for shits and giggles

Sub is way better I watched the dub first and thendub second and the sub is better like always.

>Angemon-species
>OP
Suuuure.

And for gender equality...

>Gender Equality
What gender? (Adventure Universe)

>nut sack

>titty twister

The madman

This fight will never not rustle my jimmies. Having every single one of those Perfects job so that they can give their power to Imperialdramon

I hope the 02 kids rot in hell

Hey look it's even happening in 2017.

No.

Angemon-species Digimon tend to be very strong against "evil"-oriented Digimon, such as Devimon and Fantomon. Basically, they're strong against demons and evil spirits. So in other words, most Digimon that reside in the Dark Area, as well as a decent number from the Nightmare Soldiers group. However, against other types of Digimon, they don't really display a significant advantage. So while an Angemon may display tremendous power when fighting, say, Devimon, it won't have any particular advantage when fighting a Greymon or Agnimon.

Most Angemon-species Digimon tend to be fairly strong and agile, and pretty much all of them are capable of flight. However, they tend to not do so well in the endurance department, and can't really take many hits. Also, being an angel is actually a double-edged sword; their attacks are strong against darkness-oriented Digimon, yes, but they're also especially vulnerable to darkness as well.

Also, HolyAngemon's Heaven's Gate isn't as convenient as you think it is. It automatically sucks in "evil"-type Digimon, but how well that property works depends on how powerful that Digimon is. Piemon was barely affected by its vacuum property, and had to be knocked into it by Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon. Furthermore, Heaven's Gate's vacuum property doesn't really affect any other type of Digimon.

So all things considered, the Angemon-special isn't really as special as everyone thought it was.

Against Mugendramon, which has the properties of a dragon, Wargreymon's Dramon Killers are far more suited for fighting it than Seraphimon.

Even when only considering evil Digimon, the days when angels could be considered the strongest have long since past. Nowdays, there are so many Digimon who could do the angels' jobs far better than they can, it's honestly pretty sad. Holy Knights and God Man Digimon in particular pretty much make angels obsolete. The Ten Warriors and their derivatives managed to do something that no angel has ever accomplished: defeat Lucemon. And Darcmon is just completely beyond even the strongest angel's grasp.

The worst part is that both of the actually strongest angels, Lucemon and Bagramon, ended up falling to darkness, further diminishing the angels' standing. Frankly, they're all a joke now.

Sora was such a bitch to hold out for Yamato and turn down Tai.

If Yamato never went for her, what would she have done? Srsly...

I bet it was a skin color factor. He's higher and good looking in contrast. That's it, she's basically shallow compared to the rest lol =P

>Furthermore, Heaven's Gate's vacuum property doesn't really affect any other type of Digimon.
It's been a while but during the final fight against Apocalymon, wasn't he using it as a shield in front of himself to absorb any attacks that were sent their way?

Say ahh, user.

The cover art for the character songs albums have been released.

>Koushiro still wearing bow ties
>Mimi and Takeru wearing Wada-style hats (R.I.P. in peace)

and the Digimon's album.

Agumon and Tailmon look high.

Why are they dressed like faggots?

Meicoomon is my favorite.

Nip fashion

>implying he's actually dead
Digimons always come back

And so are you.
Watch what you want. Who gives a fuck about what Sup Forums thinks?

DELET MEICOOMON REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This.

So glad we've moved on from the hobbit feet

And the oversized hands.

does anyone besides me like meiko?

Only you.

Considering Apocalymon created the Dark Masters, unlikely.

I like her.

I'd like her more if her Partner wasn't a lame OC too cool to have distinguished and unique evolutions.

I bet you like Mari too you fucking fag