How do Christians handle the problem of evil?

How do Christians handle the problem of evil?

In addition, how do you deal with the problem of suffering?

Other urls found in this thread:

equip.org/article/how-should-christians-approach-the-problem-of-evil/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is too philosophical and mature a question for Sup Forums. You're supposed to say "How do Christians handle the problem of Jews creating all the world's evil?"

God created evil and free will, with no evil there is no free will, because every one will be forced to do good deeds.

If he can't create free will without evil, then he's either:
1) not omnipotent and adheres to some other (higher) principle instead
2) evil

>with no evil there is no free will
This doesn't account for disease and natural disasters, which is why I included suffering

free will, God teaches that the devil is already in chains defeated, but he still can tell lies, nothing can harm you other than ourselves or people who have listen to the devil, we cant blame other than ourselves for believing the devil's lies as adan and eve did

the world have laws, you fuck up with nature you get the bad ending, also if you know there's a coast where tsunamis and those things happen often, dont make your house there

Morons st. Augustine answered this question 1500 years ago, read before you post something.

>the world have laws
which god supposedly created.

>also if you know there's a coast where tsunamis and those things happen often, dont make your house there
Doesn't account for lightning or disease.

Why does God have to be good? Why can't he just fuck with us for his own amusement every now and again?

ofc he created and you need to respect them, they are there for something, if you build your house in a earthquake zone, be ware of earthquakes, if there are lighting look for shelter, i dont get what you are trying to say here

if you dont know how to swim and jump off of a boat, are you going to blame God also?

He created absolutely everything you can possibly imagine, good, evil, every thought you have ever conceived, because this is how he wanted the epic story of man to play out. Either to teach our souls a lesson, whether we existed prior to this incarnation or not, or merely to play out an awesome fantasy tale which he envisioned this way.

He is ultimately so much more intelligent and superior to you and all humans that you cannot even begin to fathom what his plans are or the reasons for his decisions; Epicurus sounds like a fool in those phrases - he looks at it all from a common human point of view - for all you know we are 1 in 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 projects that God has running simultaneously, and he is merely farming souls to see which one of his inventions becomes the highest with the spirit and tools he gave it.

Some may suffer because it is what THEIR soul needed to experience to learn a lesson. Possibly it is even a punishment for a prior incarnation.

Perhaps this is level 1 of the universe, and you continuously re-incarnate until you are spiritually grounded enough to enter a higher realm in the next life, and that a trillion other lives await us after death in completely unimaginable realities.

IMO, if you are actually having an issue with simultaneously understanding the existence of evil and God at once, it is because this isn't your last life here, or you weren't meant to. He created evil because it makes for an interesting story; he is so just that he gives free will to all his creations, even the beings living in a completely other dimension (called angels), and as the tale goes the power and freedom went to one of their heads, the one who was given rulership and watchdog status over the earth, Satan, and he decided to revolt against God and exercise his free will for evil, power, and control of mankind, and we are still in the midst of that tale and its unfolding.

This.

I just read his Wikipedia page and it seems that he answered shit.

>what are bolts from the blue
Are you arguing that 100% of natural disasters are avoidable?

Also, take pic related for example. God did that. Why? That's evil.

God teaches many times about that sins of the fathers may affect their kids, again it's the parent fault, not God, he warns people do

he says that incest is a sin that's punished with death, when people born with malformations cause incest do you think it's God's fault?

>He created evil because it makes for an interesting story
This is disgustingly evil. You're really doing some mental gymnastics here.

>Possibly it is even a punishment for a prior incarnation
disgusting

> human point of view
>the human speaks from a human point of view and is a fool because of it
The fuck else view point is he supposed to speak from?

Something, something, mysterious ways.

Here's a question. What is good and what is evil? Is there an absolute good/evil or cam actions that would typically be defined as one possibly be justified as the other? Why would a deific being live by our definitions of good and evil when we are inherently flawed beings?

Harlequins isn't caused by incest.

>again it's the parent fault
care to explain how parent's cause harlequins? And how this is moral?

>Are you arguing that 100% of natural disasters are avoidable?
answer

Epicuros was a fucking fedora

>Is there an absolute good/evil
No, but this doesn't speak to the second part of my question which addresses suffering

>Are you arguing that 100% of natural disasters are avoidable?
yet i have avoid every natural distaster, im not in a tornado area, or earthquake area volcano area or tsunami area, not bolt have hit me yet cause i look somewhere to be

the harlequin baby could have been for sin, could have been for bad genetics, do you know why harlequins baby are that way?

>then why call him God
Because he created the universe
Your opinion of his morality does not change that

Originally (pre new testament) God himself was both good and evil; he was not your mother, he was your father and there to test you and sometimes even put your through utter misery to shape you into something decent.

Asking why God isn't this cooing, doting cuddly santa claus type figure is as stupid as asking why it's generally socially unacceptable to be living with your parents and having them take care of you at age 40.
God is half good and half evil, and eventually you have to grow up yourself and acknowledge the good and evil inside yourself, and then make the conscious (and it HAS to be conscious, otherwise you're just an animal) decision to be one or the other.

Later in the new testament, God as a full creature takes a backseat somewhat, in an attempt to further crystallise the struggle mankind has in its frail mortality with this dichotomy of morality, which manifests as Jesus and Satan - which, again, the question people obviously ask is "if God is so powerful, why doesn't he destroy Satan completely?"
To which the answer is "What makes you think this universe can even work like that?" The Taoists, having ideologically evolved complete separate to the Abrahamic dogma came to the exact same conclusion; that the universe as a meta-place is a dance of light and dark, good and evil, this and that.

The reason God doesn't do away with evil is because, and here's the part that makes the fundie christians upset: God IS HALF EVIL. And your job is to understand not only do you have to watch out for when that evil swings around in the outer world, you have to look inside and watch when it's swinging about in you as well.

Because it's so easy for the Ying to lose its Yang eye sometimes and plunge the world into a temporary, but nevertheless horrific darkness. AND it's just as likely that the Yang can lose its Ying eye and plunge the world into a manic utopia-seeking hellscape, where no amount of bodies is reason to stop chasing the dream.

>(((epicurus)))

Evil was created, when Satan fell. God could end Satan at any moment, and during final days He'll, but chooses not to.
If man haven't known the full vile and disgusting face of evil, then if ever granted more power than he already has, he could become second Satan and the cycle would repeat.
That's exactly the reason, why Satan still exists. A living example of evil is more telling than dead.
That's a heresy, unless you mean that God allows evil to temporally exist.
First post, worst post.

Is suffering itself a problem, or merely the way people react to it? Yes, intentionally making others suffer would likely be a cruel act, but the suffering itself exists outside of good/bad.

Christian here. The answer to your question is simple. God has revealed it in his word, the Bible.

Is God capable of sinning, creating sin? No he is Perfect and Holy it is not a part of his character:

This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Where did evil come from? It came when Adam and Eve sinned against God. The wages of sin is death. So sin and death were imputed onto all of mankind after Adam and Eve sinned the first time.

God is Holy and must punish sin, we are sinful and hopeless to be perfect and sinless in our own sinful state. Therefor... God made once and for all time a single sacrifice to atone for the sins of those who would believe and be saved. Jesus Christ died on the cross bearing our sin. He paid the dept that we have for our sins against God. And when we repent of our sins and put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ. We will be saved. It is a free gift. Not by works, so no man may boast.

12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned-
13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law.
14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.
15 But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many.
16 And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. Romans 5:12-16

i believe human can create evil outside evil sources, how satan fell if there was only God? i believe if God destroys all evil and we are with free will to do good and evil, God not punishing evil is evil in itself

>How do Christians handle the problem of evil

"Evil" is simply what things degenerate to when god removes his presence, which he only does when the person/people obviously want nothing to do with them.

So God distances himself from yhem, otherwise known as Hell.

>What SATAN do? He's giving us technology to BE able to BUILD a GOD MACHINE to understand THE FUTURE so... Devil has no PRESENTS.
>THE BIBLE says: "ROADS... are a HANDIWORK, the SIGNATURE of SAYTUN! OF COURSE THEY ARE! "
what do you think of it, /pol?

Evil is the presences of God removed.

Darkness isn't a measurement of light, its a complete lack of. Sin works in a similar way

To add; this Templar flag i'm sporting is a reflection of that.

The universe; light and dark, with a blood red cross in the centre on which we all suffer.
We ARE the cross AND the thing on the cross.

But we have to carry it. The only difference between ourselves and animals, is that we're able to project ourselves outside of our bodies for just a short while and realise that we're suffering.
To see that this flag is our world.
And here we are, nailed to our crosses, between a rock and a hard place.

But in making the conscious decision to carry it, and carry it well, we can transcend.

Jesus is the avatar of humanity; all of us distilled into one being, our tiny struggles compounded into his big ones, our sliver of divinity consolidated into his heavenly heritage.

This.

It's not evil though, that's nature. We also have to poop and pee due to our digestive system. If you get direhea from eating a rotten fruit do you think that's evil? How about those parasites that eat peoples eye? They are not doing it because they love to cause harm, they are doing it because they are hungry and were designed to live that way.

I bet you read Aquinas too.

Kill the Jews.

Then you didn't understand it

>yet i have avoid every natural distaster, im not in a tornado area, or earthquake area volcano area or tsunami area, not bolt have hit me yet cause i look somewhere to be
This is seriously ignorant and doen't take into account the civilization which protects you. You're seriously misunderstanding things.

>the harlequin baby could have been for sin
so baby's sin? furthermore, if you're implying the parent's have sinned, are you saying its anything but evil to punish the child for this? If so, you've utterly poisoned your mind.

>Is suffering itself a problem
is it when one (not you) claims there is an omnipotent, omnibenevolent god who could have prevented it but doesn't

In regards to sufferings.... think about it honestly....

God created us. He is perfect, Holy. When men have seen him they cannot stand they fall flat in shame and terror. Being sinful in the prescence of perfect light and holiness.... we sin against god daily, we rebel, we blaspheme. All we deserve is his wrath. The Bible says that God is angry with the wicked everyday.....
People in their pride and ignorance say "why does god allow bad things to happen to good people."......

That's foolish. The Bible says this about who mankind is, and our default state of being:

10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."
13 "Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
14 "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
17 and the way of peace they have not known."
18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes." - Romans 3:10-18

It would FAR MORE APPROPRIATE to ask.... why does God allow ANYTHING good to happen to us evil people?

He allows good to happen to us because he is perfect in love and I praise him for his grace. That's why.

Disease is caused by sin. It is literally the decay of one's soul projecting into the physical realm.

>Disease is caused by sin. It is literally the decay of one's soul projecting into the physical realm
kek, care to demonstrate this?

The usual response is "dur hurr free will"

why are you saying civilization protects me? a could enter a fucking cave and i would be safe or lightings, God and the common sense that he gave me protects me

God warns you, that some of you sin may affect people arround you, when you are a drunk, do you think you dont affect your family other than yourself? people that go against Gods will are going against themselves and people around them, they dont care about anyone else other than their adictions

>God created evil
heretic

John McCain
George Soros
Etc

Yes. As it is written: the wages of sin is death.

I had a nightmare about satanic worship, really worship of Ba'al, in my local church, and now I'm legitimately scared what do I do?

Atheist checking in because the Problem of Evil is easily resolved:

Tragedy is unintentional bad occurrences (hurricanes, earthquakes, industrial accidents, etc)
Evil is an intentional application of malice which is something only humans can do

Humans are given free will and God allows them to exercise it as they will. Tragedy is just a part of life.

>That's a heresy, unless you mean that God allows evil to temporally exist.
I think they meant God allows free will, which in turn allows us to do evil. Without free will apart from God, we'd do no evil. We choose to follow God or not, but we are all sinners in the end.

There's a lot to be said on this subject.

We don't create new evil, but we can invent constructs that augment evil using our intelligence, just as we can create constructs that augment good (a hospital for example - just think how fucking insane the concept of a hospital is for a second; we have what are essentially sub-hives of intelligent individuals dedicating themselves to the doctrine of minimising human suffering via becoming scholars of the biological body and everything that can bring it illness).

We are the ultimate problem solving machine, and our consistent trait is that we are excellent at creating 'systems' - before computers and software, man programmed his own immediate environment.

>i believe if God destroys all evil and we are with free will to do good and evil
Precisely, it can't be destroyed - it's like trying to dig a hole in a body of water, it's just going to fill itself back in by the sheer undeniable properties and nature of the thing itself; and just as well you can't fill the air with a clump of water, because it just sinks back down to the body.

See, I can't think of one thing God did in the old testament that he would quantify as "evil." Anything God perceives as "evil" is immediately destroyed before him. Of course had you said something like "conservative" and "progressive" or "soft" and "hard" virtues, that would have been correct, and are virtues traits we show everyday. However God shows both of them perfectly at all given times.

I think you are mistaking "Evil virtue" for "Hard virtue" the earth is awesome, the way we interact with it is what creates so many of our problems.

Its much more likely humans are the problem, and our actions set up our depression, anxiety, hatred, and degeneracy.

It is a stupid quote.
How bot toying with people life making it perfect and absent from pain and evil makes you " malevolent".

A parent that behaves like that with its own child would be consider a bad parents that spoilt his prole or a overprotective deviate.

The big probem ha the modern west mindset where God is there to serve us...when Christianity makes us understand that it is the opposite.
Earth is basically a trial: the worthy are allowed to stay with God once they die, the unworthy are cast in nothingness and fire.

How la this unfair?

do you have any proof that there are members of your church who are whoring after Baal?

If you do then this is very serious and your church needs to be cleansed of this wickedness. God wants purity in his church. If there are members who are sinning in this way the Bible gives us instructions on how to discipline them:

15 "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.
16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses.
17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. - Matthew 18:15-17

The hope is that as they are kicked out of fellowship, the lord would allow them to come to the end of themselves and repent and come back.

Hmm. Then you must be pro-life?

christians probably deal with it much easier than any atheist.
christians' explanation: evil is an ethereal force that cannot be tacked down, explained or fixed. it just "is".
atheists: what makes "evil"? is it nature, nurture or a combination? is it an issue with the frontal lobe? is it an abusive childhood? how can one quantify this? with the current technology, we cannot "map" evil, we can only study those we label evil.
*for the sake of a black and white argument - murderers, rapists, molesters, thieves, etc. this in of itself is a complicated issue, as there are always varying degrees of "crime". but i digress...
>nb4 you're just a christian!
no, i'm not. i'm simply pointing out that any religion with answers handed to them is always easier than trying to explore the scientific depth of humanity.

Epicurus' argument is one of the best for Atheism, but I could say the same of Atheism for creating difference kinds of moral conundrums.

For instance; without God to say "thou shalt not" can anything be truly moral/immoral or is morality relative?

And if morality is relative, is it honest to use the term morality to describe anything you do, or is it just a loaded term?

>Pic related

Then it's ok. Anathema hereby lifted.

I agree, it's not -really- evil because it's the unconscious universe just doing what it does.
Its our own personification of the properties of that universe through projection that has stained its "Hard virtue" as you put it with the improperly placed nametag of "evil".

But i also think part of it is that "evil" as a word has become unhinged somewhat from its true meaning, it's not evil so much as it is negativity or bad, or not-good.
To interpret Adam and Eve as having eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and bad (consequences), is likely more accurate, with divinity and evil being at the very ends of those consequences.
Which is actually what the Jewish Star of David is - it's an upwards and downwards pointing pyramid/hierarchy intersected; which once again is just another expression of this and this image.

I don't think that has anything to do with that user's post. In no where did they bring up their stance on abortion.

>Anathema hereby lifted

>anathema (n): A formal curse by a pope or a council of the Church, excommunicating a person or denouncing a doctrine.
Did you just put a curse on me because I agreed with that user on free will? What?

>Evil doesn't have a quantifiable existence so it doesn't exist according to atheist materialists

This is a problem Epicurus never had since he was an atheist idealist, but it's a serious problem when you think about the fact that the way most people use the problem of evil argument they themselves can't really fit evil into their cosmology in the first place. I should write about this.

You either have a demon in you or speaking through you, what you said is a Lie directly from Hell.

For it is written: 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.
14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. - James 1:13-15

This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Everything God created was Good:
And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day. - Genesis 1:31

We measure sin in comparison to God's Holy glory:
The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever. - Psalm 119:160

Man brought sin into the world, not God:

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned- - Romans 5:12

May your mouth be stopped, repent and believe the Gospel.

Simple: God already won. All Satan can do is gnash and cry and squeal while he hopes to drag as many people to hell with him.
All evil can get is some short term "victories" that are rendered null and void in the end.

Hitchens is right, it is dangerous.
But it can't be un-done, and that's how you know it's real. The cat's out of the bag, the fruit has been eaten.

If you zoom out far enough, whatever you interpret as 'evil' or 'painful' is simply the process of life and it's various cycles. Your feelings and interperetations have nothing to do with how the universe should or shouldn't operate.

>why are you saying civilization protects me?
Civilization taught you what lightning and earthquakes etc are. We learnt how to protect ourselves from them through literal blood and lost lives so you get to sit smugly on a pc and think its all your doing, as if you were born knowing where all the global fault lines and flood zones are.

>sin
define please.

>do you think you dont affect your family other than yourself?
Yes, through demonstrable cause and effect. I swing my arm and it hits someone. This does very little to explain harlequin babies. I can very easily describe the mechanism and reasons why this happens. Please describe what specific actions lead to harlequin babies, demonstrate the cause and effect together with evidence.

if god is omniscient then free will cannot exist.

Praise God. To him be the honor and glory and praise forever and ever. I can't wait for the day when he returns and fixes all things. Judges this world in righteousness and saves those who love him and eagerly await his return. Please if any of you read this. Please repent, consider he fleeting nature of our lives. We're not promised the next hour. Repent and believe the Gospel. You don't want to be outside of Christ on that Day...

11 Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.
12 His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself.
13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.
14 And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses.
15 From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.
16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. - Revelation 19:11-16

The problems of evil and suffering are only really problems if you refuse to accept the fact that people deserve it. Evil is outside of God so we have the capacity for evil because we have free will. Suffering is a by-product of evil that we as humans have brought upon ourselves. God saves the elect because he choses to, not because they deserve it.

Everything that makes God angry is evil, heretic.
Also God doesn't give a fuck about you OP because he hates faggots.
I asked Jesus to send you more suffering because you are a cunt and he agreed.
Enjoy your mystery illness for provoking God with your lack of faith ingrate.

Just because somebody knows you are going to do something doesn't mean that you didn't have a choice and doesn't mean you are free from the consequences.

Do you realize the hopeless pridefulness in what you just said?

You're a finite man. Speaking of God's character out of ignorance. Have you not read? God reveals aspects of his character to us in his word. The Bible. If you're going to hold convictions at least pick up the Bible and have informed ones. Shame on you. And if I'm wrong Reply to this and give me the chapter and verse you're taking that from? It's not there......repent and believe the Gospel while God has given you time! Please my friend.

people now days know that there are flood zones, earthquakes zones , tornado zones and yet they still build their houses there, the problem is that when one of those disaster happen in those areas they blame God for it, it's nature, those things are going to happen in those areas

>sin define please
everything that goes against what God teaches, his commandments and rules
if you are blaming God for the harlequin baby im blaming the parents sins for it

>natural occuring disasters are evil
You must be fucking retarded to think natural systems like plate tektonics and vulcanism which are required to keep the earth around as it is are evil

Yes. That's right. Any entity cannot act outside of its nature. God is incapable of sinning because he is holy.
We are not Holy. And therefore not only capable of sinning. We are slaves to sin. This is why We NEED A SAVIOR.

God is also perfect in his love. And he showed that love by sending his son the Lord Jesus Christ to die for our sins. He arose from the grave 3 days later and will return.

God doesnt make everything sunshine and happiness for us because WE CHOSE TO BE EVIL. We choose to watch porn and touch ourselves. We choose to eat meat even though we have lost the way and no longer honor the kill. We choose to troll and be bad people. We fell. We have two brain hemispheres because we chose the option to to do bad. Thus, we suffer the consequences of our sins.

Evil is a temporary problem caused by the fall of man. Evil did not exist prior to the creation of men and angels, and evil will not exist after all the men and angels have gone to their eternal destinations.

What he made was good in genesis, because everything was unconscious and so working neatly - but with the addition of consciousness in humans sprung forth the ability to make deliberate decisions that aren't merely a reaction to present stimuli.

It's really the ability to anticipate a future of some sort and then act in a way that either attempts to bring it about, or avoid it. This is not something an animal can do much further than the present and perhaps a few seconds after that. Any further into the future what might seem to be planning is purely instinct driven (squirrels storing nuts, beavers making dams etc).

Man brought sin into the world when the capacity to make the wrong decision became something that could happen, and that they were aware of.
Sin was technically always there (one needs only look at all the dead ends in the (Darwinian, not biblical) tree of life to see that) - but not one creature but us has ever been able to articulate such a concept; pull it out from the waters of the unconscious and show it to its kin, in order to go "if we don't pay attention to this world in its fullness, it's going to kill us, and it will be our fault, not its. It is more than likely perfect (as perfect as is possible), if it wasn't it would have broken apart by now, so we have to assume the imperfect thing is us and move forward."

I don't see at all how these concepts are evil in any way.

>Epicurus sounds like a fool in those phrases - he looks at it all from a common human point of view

Epicurus does sound like a fool but only because it sounds like he has absolutely no life experience as a man. Anyone who has raised a child to adulthood or taught an apprentice their trade knows the answer to this. Anyone who agrees with it or sees merit in the words is so naive to life that they are functionally crippled.

I think kicking over their money tables was a good start but many Christians have abandoned Jesus Christ and maybe haven't read the bible at all.

Yes. When Jesus Christ returns as King the heavens and the earth will be rolled up my a tired old garment. The Living and the Dead will be judged. The unsaved will be thrown into hell. The saved will reign with Christ and worship him and bask in his infinite glory for all eternity.

>Evil doesn't have a quantifiable existence so it doesn't exist according to atheist materialists
i never said that. in fact, i kept both arguments as open as possible because i didn't want to take one side or another.
to simplify, the question was:
>How do Christians handle the problem of evil?
i stated how they handle evil; that is to say, evil is a supernatural force that can be attributed to "the devil." again, evil is a very loose term and i'm focusing on the judeo christian version.
now a rebuttal to your statement:
no, i believe atheists know of "evil" or bad actions or whatever you want to call them. i simply stated atheists are more logical; they search for reason according to normal, scientific standards. hence, what i stated earlier:
>what makes "evil"? is it nature, nurture or a combination? is it an issue with the frontal lobe? is it an abusive childhood? how can one quantify this? with the current technology, we cannot "map" evil, we can only study those we label evil.

Even so, Lord, let it be today.

When atheist encounter true evil, they tend to immediately believe in God.

equip.org/article/how-should-christians-approach-the-problem-of-evil/

Evil is generally seen as an extension of free will. God keeps free will outside of his jurisdiction. Whether free will is real or illusory does not really matter here. Only the results of the concept do. Another way to look at it without demonizing free will is Evil is what arises when we use our free will to move away from God.

You don't call a cop evil because hes is not pursuing crime outside of his jurisdiction, likewise you cannot fault God for problems that we have created.

Yup. We aren't sinners because we sin; we sin because we're sinners. We like it.

I think there is truth to this. I imagine G-d as the singularity before the big bang. He is all things. Our nature is duality. Two brain hemispheres. Cold and hot, dark and light. G-d is the unseen balance between all the forces of nature.

>The unsaved will be thrown into hell.
If that does happen the population of Hell will reach critical mass. Also, the massively increased populous will band together, strike out and take over Heaven. If history has taught us one thing it is that humans can not be held in prisons.

If you tried a little harder, you could post something that was even more absurd than this.

Few people, especially brainlet atheists, understand the questions answered by Augustine and Aquinas. Daily they raise questions that have been thoroughly answered by church fathers/philosophers over a thousand years ago but still act like they're at the cutting edge of arguments against God.

Jesus made hell knowing how many angels and men would be confined there. I'm sure it's roomy enough.

They're evil because they're false teachings. Literally anti-Christ teachings. The idea that God Created sin as a by product of giving Adam and Eve free will. There is not what The Bible teaches. It is opposed to what the Bible teaches. Read the verses I shared. Those are God's words. The God who created you, who you know. And who you do not honor as God in your sinfulness. You are actively working to suppress the truth through your unrighteousness. As described in romans 1:18

Humble yourself before God and pray that he will reveal to you the truth. Earnestly. As a friend I beg you. Please reconsider. I don't want you to be deceived. This is why i message you.

Next you'll expect them to understand that this is a false quote attributed to Epicurus.

how so?
i'm not critiquing your comment, i'm truly curious as to your evidence? are there first hand stories to this? are there atheist criminologists that find god after seeing the depth of humanity's acts?

Sin was not always there. Sin is "missing the mark", and the mark, or target, is "be perfect, as the Father in heaven is perfect."

When Adam and Eve were created, the Holy Spirit of God resided in them, and they were not living in sin.

When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, disbelieved God, obeyed the devil, and believed the devil, sin entered into the world, and with it pain, and suffering, and disease, and death.

It's mostly anecdotal, and not something I would have anticipated. I would have anticipated "now I believe in evil, having experienced it", but instead the reaction is "now I have experienced true evil, and know there must be a God."

>Jesus made hell knowing how many angels and men would be confined there. I'm sure it's roomy enough.
(Jesus made Hell?)
We have no idea of Hell. At all. What we do know is the lengths that men will go to to be free. If there is a way into Hell, there is a way out. Humans will find their way out and (again using history as an indicator) strike out at the oppressors. The Mongols vs China. The Muscovites vs The Golden Horde. I could go on forever.

If this happens, there will be regime change.

>people now days know that there are flood zones, earthquakes zones , tornado zones and yet they still build their houses there, the problem is that when one of those disaster happen in those areas they blame God for it, it's nature, those things are going to happen in those areas
This has nothing to do with what I previously said. Concede that your safety is due to civilization, not merely your common sense. Tectonic plate theory isn't common sense.

>if you are blaming God for the harlequin baby
I'm not, I'm asking christians how this squares with a benevolent, omnipotent god

>im blaming the parents sins for it
please explain the mechanism by which this occurs, and explain how its moral.

Either way, you've utterly poisoned your mind with a disgusting doctrine. The fact that you can sit there and say the baby deserves it for the sins of the parents is pathetic. You've sacrificed your humanity for the sake of an idea, and a ridiculous one at that.

You mistakenly believe that hell is a literal prison of fire and brimstone. Hell is merely an existence entirely devoid of God, and since God is the source of all good and joy, hell is suffering. People are not really cast into hell, they choose it by not accepting Christ as their savior.

I was going to say no philosopher would form those conclusions from those questions. Sounds like a brainletism at work.