Name a better sports manga
Protip: you can't

Well that was easy.

Ashita no Joe.

that was easy.

Rookies.
Masanori Morita is a god.

Slam Dunk is good but overrated and the ending is god awful

Pretty much any sports manga, the original build up of hajime no joe was fun, but really? 1000+ chapters and he STILL is some mediocrish boxer?

I'm all for a long series but, give some actual progression

Hajime no Ippo was great till about chapter 600. After that, it went downhill. I ended up dropping it around chapter 900 because it literally went nowhere.

I wouldn't mind another anime season though.

Well being great for 600 chapters in an accomplishment

>ending
>god awful

It ended on a high note. Nothing left to tell.

A lot of Ippo's defense fights/ fights to get to the world stage were sub par to say the least.

Woli was terrible in particular.

i know George is knowledgeable about boxing, but holding your breath while you're punching is fucking retarded. The "psssh" you hear in boxing is the boxers exhaling through their teeth which generates more power on contact and also gets rid of CO2 in the lungs, which will cripple anyone, not just a fighter it there is too much build up.

Tons of shit is retarded in ippo though, half the "techniques" in the manga don't even work in real life.

I like Ippo a lot up to the second Sendo fight. I'm not too interested in most of the stuff after that. Most of Ippos fights after that aren't that great and I'm sick of him getting absolutely destroyed all the time even if he wins. Bryan Hawk was cool I guess. Mashiba vs Kimura was great too. Rest is meh.

It's the best anime for sure

Joe=Patrician
Ipoo=Pleb

Joe
Slam Dunk
Real
Touch
Ping Pong
And a hundred or two others. Ippo hasn't even been good at all, let alone GOAT-tier, for like 500 chapters now.

So from what i'm understanding there's really no reason to read the manga, even if you liked the anime?

It's better to show than tell

Well, it's all stylized. The techniques are MOSTLY real by name but heavily modified for presentation, since in such a hot-blooded battle manga it would look retarded to use, say, what a Dempsey Roll really looks like.

I'd say Heart Break Shot was the epitome of technique retardation in the series and it was still during Hajime no Ippo's golden age.

Does Ping Pong really count since the sports part of it is just an outfit?

Ping Pong is as much or more about the sport than Touch or Real, though.

user are you a gay
gays arent allowed here

>Fujomushi pedal
>better than anything
At least Ippo used to be good. I wish people'd get back to translating Overdrive and Noririn.

The Gonzalez fight and Kyousuke/Idagaki 2 are two of the best fights in the entire series though.

stop being a homophobe faggot

This. Sannoh match was just crazy good I fucking love it.

>Didn't read the epilogue

Ping Pong Club

That was easy.