One Piece

Chapter 857 text spoilers are out:

>Source: orojackson.com/threads/one-piece-spoiler-general-discussion-read-the-rules-info-in-first-post.15575/page-390#post-2188754
>confirmed by redon

Ch. 857 Rook
Chopper and the others call out to Luffy and Sanji from the mirror world.
Sanji is surprised to hear their voice from a nearby dropped mirror.
Luffy and Chopper confirm each other's situation.
Luffy tells them that they're gonna crash the tea party and wedding ceremony.

Jinbei tells them that the ministers met so far are the tip of the iceberg of the Big Mom pirates and those veterans will be attending the tea party.
And they will also have to take into account the lords of the underworld that were invited from many countries.

Jinbe then starts to talk about Bege's true colors.
In the West Blue, there were 5 strong mafia that controlled the underworld society.
One of the bosses was Bege, and he was a cruel man who enjoyed cutting the heads off of animals and watching them squirm.

CALLED IT!

2/2
Back in his gang days, he targeted the other bosses, but he was only interested in taking their heads, not showing any interest in area or territory.
He reveled in the bloody war for supremacy.
On top of that, he killed his would be avengers from his iron castle and laughed at their regret.
Still being chased in the seas by those seeking revenge, Bege found a good cover as a Yonko's subordinate.

After buying his honed cautiousness and defensive strength, he was made a fighter "Rook" rank, and was entrusted with full authority in defense.
It appears that Bege is using is dull authority to take the head of Big Mom who is obsessed with killing the Vinsmoke and taking control of Germa.

Thinking that this is not the true to make them enemies as well, Jinbe proposes to Luffy and Sanji about making an alliance with Bege.
Luffy agrees with Jinbe's proposal.
When Jinbe gets in contact with Bege again, it's decided that they're gonna go meet him right away.

Whole Cake Island Northwest Firetank Pirates Secret Base

Bege: "Jinbe isn't the type of man to joke around. It's a good argument to increase the number of people seeking to oppose Big Mom.
I wonder how will Strawhat react to our meeting.
If he is somewhat disrespecting, I'll kill him."

End

When is Sanji-kun going to give Luffy a proper apology?

People still read One Piece?

>Nothing happens: the spoilers

He could be stronger than I give him credit off. The new world following arcs will be supernovas over throwing the yonkou. Seems like oda wanted to develop all the supernovas into something big.

Luffy is gonna get Squardo'd

Last chapter

what could this little man even have to offer against a yonko?

...Someones just asking to have years stolen from their life before this is over.

>plot moving faster than ever before
>nothing happuns

Have you ever be like, "if this had been revealed ages ago, we can get focus with the matter at hand now" when reading One Piece?

Capone alliance. Oda giving some backstory to the most unpopular supernova next to Bonney and it confirms something for me. Luffy is not strong enough to 1v1 a yonko and his crew. He need a lot of alliance and help to face a yonko. Wano arc will probably be the same. Kid, law, drake, hawkins and appo will team up with luffy to face kaido.

>the team meeting in less than a couple of chapters
>West Blue lore
>Capone Bege backstory
>hint towards a Bege-Luffy alliance
>strenght of BMs subordinates on the wedding day is confirmed to go way beyond what we've already seen

I get the "nuthing happenz: the meme" mem but today is not the day for it

>it's a flashback filler chapter
Turbohacking

Have a feeling capone is going to be the next law. Law stole quite a bit screentime during punk hazard and dressrosa with his hax powers. Now is capone turn. Maybe he will reveal some hax that is on the same level as law.

>Caring about some piss lore and backstories
That's what databooks are for, Oda really needs to speed up the pace and stop stalling or his editors will force him to rush this arc to an end.

This is Capone's first arc as a major character.

When was there a better time to stop the story and give you his background?

Franky was really GOAT during Thriller Bark.

I see luffy inside of bege for the wedding

I think it makes more sense for it to be revealed now that Capone is more central than he was a couple of weeks ago.

>he's oblivious to one of the main driving factors of One Piece's quality & success pillars
woah, it's like you are reading a manga you don't like to read
Why do you do that to yourself?

No he's a cyborg.

Half human half robot.

That would be ruining the suspense since capone is not the focus of an arc until now. Expect kid, hakwins and appo backstory to be revealed in wano arc as well.

>its another "luffy hides inside something as an element of surprise" moment

I didn't say "a goat" I just said "GOAT"

The only problem is oda shouldn't have make capone to be so scared of nekomamushi.

I'm not reading the manga, just the spoilers.
When an arc is finished, I read it all at once, it's more enjoyable that way nowadays. Better than settling for petty scraps 2.5 times a month

>Capone can casually walk into the wedding carrying ancient weapon Pluton inside of him

fucking hell this man can be terrifying if he wants

Yeah, it's totally not like Neko and Inu were on Rogers ship and are legendary-level characters only stomped by the Kaido's cheating superiorly armed right-hand 1 billion berri reward half fishman

He's a cyborg retard.

lol supernovas are relevant characters that are the worst generations and you want their backstories to be in a databook instead of being in the main story which is the manga. That's what a bad writer would do. I can only agree on one thing. Sanji drama is unnecessary and vinsmokes are unnecessary and could be cut down to speed up the arc.

So they going to recruit Bege into their alliance. That will make it the second Supernova crew they team up with.

The problem is capone is an underrated character and fans often overlooked him thinking he is weak and uninteresting so they don't care about him

gonna disagree with that one, shoving your story and lore into a databook like Kubo is what hack resorts to

Neko and inu sure are underrated in terms of strength and power.

Ever since Ace's death I just haven't been able to enjoy One Piece. It's so fucking stupid how he died, and he died because he was literally retarded. 1,000s of his friends died and White Beard died as well, all because he just couldn't leave Akainu alone.

It's a war, people die.

I wonder if this will be a one time alliance or a constant one
I simply can't picture Capone at Wano

Do you think there's a Monkey King myth-zoan devil fruit ?

Do YOU think it belongs to Luffy's real love interest ?

Marineford was the Superbowl half-time show of One Piece

Same as his father roger hot headed and impulsive. They mentioned it several times. Blame the blood of roger flowing inside his veins.

Yeah, well all their deaths were pointless because Ace is a retard.

So Bege is to Big Mom what Teach was to Whitebeard.
Why the head-fetish though?

lol no one dies in one piece except for flashback characters, whitebeard and ace. The rest are all alive. Oars junior could be argued as dead.

>Why the head-fetish though?
I bet its more of a neck fetish, cause Capone has no neck

Being a retard really isn't genetic. And Roger fought fights in order to protect his crew, Ace caused their deaths.

Ace could never just grasp the concept of "sticks and stones"

>I am a cruel man who enjoys cutting the heads off of animals and watching them squirm

>replying to obvious bait
c'mon user

Such a tragic figure.

that's exactly what said

He was well on the way to successfully escaping, but Akainu said that Whitebeard was a huge pussy. Ace should have just said "NO U" and kept running.

>strenght of BMs subordinates on the wedding day is confirmed to go way beyond what we've already seen
and people are already hyping these "veteran" commanders. Chinjao was supposed to be a veteran and he amounted to shit. Even Sai was stronger. These so called veterans are going to be huge jobbers and people are going to blame Oda again.

Sounds fucking lame.

Decapitation is already Don Flamingo's thing.

This guy doesn't deserve to be a Supernova.

When will Oda have the balls to knock out a Supernova from the New World?

Are any Supernova ever gonna be forced out and the first loser from the generation?

Or are we gonna have everybody be fucking winners?

You forgot Monet

He is weak. He just spams bullets and cannonballs.

His power is a double edged sword as well.

Attacking Capone means attacking all his men at the same time as well.

So if Kizaru shot a laser at Capone, his men would be affected by the laser as well.

>This guy doesn't deserve to be a Supernova.
>"Supernovas are those rookies that arrive at Shabaody with a +100 million bounty"
>Capone "Gang" Bege at Shabaody: 138 million

Well, I say he deserves the title

>Decapitation is already Don Flamingo's thing.
You mean GETTING DECAPITATED is already Doflamingo's thing. Big Mom is the person who sends severed heads to people who don't come to her tea parties.

None of the Supernova have been as threatening as Magellan.

That is why the Supernova suck. They are jokes.

They can't properly one one one anybody.

You can see Roger going only one on one with Whitebeard in the previous generation without no help whatsoever.

I can't see Luffy going only one on one with Whitebeard with no help as well on the other hand.

The current generation of pirates just lack balls.

Feels like everyone can't solo anything anymore and needs to team up to do anything.

>>When will Oda have the balls to knock out a Supernova from the New World?
Not happening. It is the golden ages where supernova overthrown the yonko. This is the direction oda has been aiming for.

Capone having Germas clone army inside him is becoming real
That would probably bring him to near yonko tier

>>Or are we gonna have everybody be fucking winners?
This seems to be the case. A new generation is about to be born while the old generation is slowly being knocked off the high horses.

Winners like Bonney, Kid and Hawkins?

We haven't really seen him in an all out fight yet. He may have some tricks and combat ability up in his sleeve that doesn't require his men.

Capone is just an uninteresting Buggy.

One Buggy Ball is more powerful than Capone could ever be.

Quality >>>>>>>>> Quantity

Besides, bullets mean jackshit when Brownbread was shot so many times and then lived without any problem.

Bullets in one piece are a fucking joke unless they involved flashbacks.

Yonko are much more than stronk individuals, if that's what you're implying there
And Capone having the germa clones inside would not make him a stronger individual than say, Akainu, Rayleigh or Whitebeard

Meme hard, my boy
You'll surely reach the stars

lol roger is an exception. Magellan is powerful but poison is useless when you are coated with haki. Don't see the big deal in current generation being weaker. That's just prove how strong the yonko are.

So you want the most babied generation ever.

You mean Oda wants to send the pathetic message that there are no winners or losers and everybody is a winner in life?

The amount of handholding in this supernova generation is just really sad.

There's a reason why Impel Down had silver medalists from Roger's generation,. They were the losers.

And Luffy's generation should have losers too.

Curious on how oda will develop bonney. I think kid will perform well against kaido in their next rematch.

Yeah, they should have retired after getting wrecked by Kizaru.

Bonney got raped by Blackbeard, mate. and I'm sure Akainu also forced his lava inside her.

No, shit. They have been introduced as Luffy's rivals and since then we are following their journeys. There was not a single arc since the timeskip without a guy mentionning them as a whole as the next big thing. It has been directly stated they are the ones who will reign... It baffle me how you guys tought any of them would be irrelevant.

Doffy bullets are effective against law for a short while.

That would be a waste.

How so, when Germa are mainly close range fighters and Capone's men don't use fists or legs but use guns and cannonballs to fight for Capone?

Also, Capone storing everybody inside his body just makes it easier to end Capone's career.

A storm could end everything seeing how Shiki lost most of his crew to bad weather rather than actual fighting.

Will he end up being right?

And Bege is not a retard like Jack. He's not going to fight a powerfull dude for nothing. He said it from the start he din't want to fight.

>but poison is useless when you are coated with haki.

Citation needed, faggot.

Remember Magellan and Shiryuu fought and Magellan ended up being the winner while Shiryuu the loser was locked away.

Shiryuu likely knows haki and combines it with his swordsmanship yet Magllan overpowered him.

Magellan would still wreck all the Supernova and Magallan constantly evolves his poison by eating poisonous stuff everyday.

>Magellan is powerful but poison is useless when you are coated with haki

But wouldn't Magellan's poison just hurt someone else if he tried using it on Hawkins? Law might also be able to counter him with his ability.

Just shut the fuck up. And that's worst generation for you.

I'm still catching up.

What is the chance of Carrot and Monet joining?

Magellan's poison is interesting since it kinda acts like a virus and can melt through stone floors and iron bars.

Luffy is shit. His generation is shit. And I hope the Admirals clean up and destroy Luffy's dream for good.

Monet is dead and Carrot has no reason to. We have Jinbei now. Deal with it.
Law could still attack from a distance and Hawkins as far as I understand is immune to everything until he runs out of scapegoats.

Magellan would destroy Doflamingo in a 1v1.

I would think tje losers of Luffy's generation would be the countless other pirates that tried and failed to rise to the levels of the super novas, they don't represent the whole generation, they're the best of it.

woah, that is NOT what Oda says in his work and you make me SICK to my stomach
you should feel ASHAMED of yourself

Nice, seems the arc is going to be a lot longer than we thought.

Yup. Magellan is admiral tier.

Of course, it's Big Mom's arc. You guys are crazy.

Capone seems less impressive than the pirates that showed up in Dressrosa.

And unironically. Blackbread's crew has the losers from Roger's era and Blackbeard is technically from the Whitebeard era since he kinda joined at the same time as the other captains.

Blackbeard shouldn't be called a supernova in my opinion.

He has the oldest crew members and he, himself, is as old as the other Whitebeard captains.

Magellan literally one shot Black Beard and his whole crew.
I doubt anyone other than Garp could actually beat him.

lol nope. It has been proven that you can resist poison if you are coated with haki. Luffy haki coated grizzly magnum protected it from ceasar poison gas. Not the mention magellan seems to have low durability. Luffy jet bazooka give him quite a bit of pain so any attacks from doffy will oneshot him.

>>Monet is dead
lol you really believe that? Nobody dies in one piece.

King Taub.

Shiryuu doesn't have haki preskip unless it is mentioned. You sure are overrating magellan.

You mean like Sanji's entire conflict this arc?