Grimgar

>everyone around me is a fucking moron
What the fuck was his problem?
Serious question here, not even memeing.
He acts like a bitchy motherfucker to everyone around him, and when confronted about it he dials the bitchiness up to 11, complains he is being ganged up on, and suddenly he's right all of a sudden?
I really don't get it, is this some kind of Japanese cultural thing?

maybe its just bad writing

Fpbp

He is an insufferable tryhard, still a bro at times though.

It's not that hard to understand. It's just a combination of stress and insecurity.

>I'm so insecure I'm going to purposely make everybody despise me and then play the victim while calling them all hypocrites!
uuh

That's something people full of insecurity do. Specially the play the victim part. Gotta garner pity points.

I never said he's handling it well. If you haven't noticed, Ranta's pretty immature and temperamental.

Ranta was legitimately the best written character in the show.

Him being a cunt is the point since it's about the main characters learning to work as a team and get along.

this

Ranta was the only character with any semblance of decent writing in the web novel as well. Him being extremely annoying doesn't change that.

Grimgar was only good for the premise and pretty backgrounds, sadly.

He was best boy.

Lots of characters in lots of anime are insufferable dickheads for no reason. Its just really shitty writing. Don't blame the characters blame the producers for being brainless.

What I liked about Grimgar is that even at the very end nobody particularly liked Ranta. Not even after the kobold arc, they still only seemed to tolerate him a bit more.

This. For having a character driven story, most of the characters got little to no development.
Can someone tell me if the novel is like this too?

Unlike real life, where insufferable dickheads simply don't exist, right?
Grimgar really wasn't that badly written in terms of characters.

The show sure was pretty to look at

What are you guys talking about? Mary was by far the best written character.

He was right though, Just went about it in a shitty way.

Mary is a cunt who should have gotten raped. Too bad she was saved at the last minute from the dicking she was about to rightfully receive.

*Merry

Mary was definitely best girl, but by the end Yume, Shihoru, and Moguzo got shafted in terms of development. Also before anyone says it

>Manato was a defensive tank on par with Moguzo.

Kek.

He's a filthy traitor is what he is.

All I know from trying to read the LN after the anime ended is that the MC is insufferable and bland as fuck.

The MC gets NTR'd by who?

ranta did nothing wrong. mary is shit

Nobody, it was a misunderstanding that was read from Haruhiro's perspective. That guy is the new guy in the group and he confessed to her only for her to turn him down. Haruhiro of course misunderstood it complete until the guy directly told him what happened.

Sure, because insufferable dickheads don't exist in real life.

Sounds like you just described a Mary Sue, OP.

anime character designs > ln

It's been a while, but didn't he step up for her since she was about to get gangbanged by claiming that she was his woman? And she still threw him under the bus after that.. Ungrateful cunt.

So does Haruhiro fuck her then?

Ranta was shit.
>but he's the best character.
Rantacucks are so retard.

reminder that merry is best girl and will win

>summaries never

yes that did happen. not sure what will happen in volume 9

That is a very biased reading of what happened.

Is the official translation worth buying?

>What are you guys talking about? Mary was by far the best written character.
you clearly didn't read this. Mary is a BORING character. She was so boring she dragged down whole volumes with her bullshit
what really kills the story though is not only is mary boring but the author has the hugest boner for her. and can't stop writing endlessly about her, seriously the moment she steps onto the pages the series took a radical change for the worse.

Why do the LN designs look so wacky?

facial proportions feel off, very low mouths, kind of weird eye positioning.

holy kek

t. Mary

When Ranta catches up to you, you'll be using that mouth for begging instead of lies.

>being an utter shitbag to everybody, beyond the point where any reasonable person would have ejected him from the party, is "decent writing"
Nobody is that much of an asshole unless they are confident that they will never suffer any repercussions.

yep
>Both get captured by monster/human bandit gang mix
>About to get killed Ranta challenges them to a duel
>Gets his gear back and DOESN'T leave her behind like she was expecting in her internal monologue
>Ranta gets his shit stomped by master swordsman. But shows how different his serious fighting is from the way she normally sees.
>Mary Is an ungrateful shit in her inner monologues because he lost
>Ranta goes full ass kissing mode and manages to convince them not to kill them AND to let him join them
>Done with Ranta the gang turns to Mary and prepares to gangbang her
>Ranta jumps in and tells them not to touch her because he's been trying to make her his woman and to give him some time to succeed in convincing her
>Mary proceeds to ignore and hate him

Like how autistic does someone have to be to do that? I guess getting gangbanged was preferable to her than pretending to go out with Ranta but there's no reason for her to even believe he betrayed him.

Or they're confident enough that they're of such value that their behavior can be excused in lieu of what they bring to the table. The fact of the matter is that they couldn't afford to lose Ranta after Manato died, so they only have themselves to blame for not having done so early on when he wasn't a capable off-tank (and when he had chosen a different guild from the one he'd agreed on earlier).

>behaves like a complete and utter cunt to everybody 100% of the time
>expects people to automatically figure out he is only pretending to be a cunt this one specific time
It would have been totally in character for him to have been a traitorous jackass based solely on how he acts on a daily basis towards literally everybody. There is no way to know that "I was just pretending bro"

>but there's no reason for her to even believe he betrayed him.
Except for literally every word that comes out of his mouth every moment of every day about how everybody owes him everything, you are all losers, and you girls should let me just bend you all over a table already, which is something a person of no morals would say.

seeNo one that big a shitlord would put themselves on a chopping block AND cockblock an entire gang from running a train on you single-file to hide their numbers. Basic logic would have deduced this given how circumstances unfolded, but I guess that's too far a stretch for Mary, so instead she'd rather cripple her party's combat capability instead of, you know, THINK.

He was nowhere near that bad, it was mostly standard boasting and bants.

a show made for pretty backgrounds and insert songs

>Can't defend her
>Better exaggerate and makeup stuff about Ranta showing I haven't read anything

he knew what he is doing, ranta more mature than what he looks like, probably one with the most understanding in their team, ranta just not popular

So he saved her from being killed and becoming a literal cumdumpster and she still fucked him over? Why? I'm not a big fan of Ranta, but what a cunt move on her part.

If her internal monologues before they were captured are any indication, she utterly despises him. Which is odd as he's generally passive towards her and was just complaining that Haruhiro better not be doing anything weird to Yume. Even when he brought out his demon to help find their way(which was far more than she was doing) she looks down on him and thinks he's as useless as his demon.

How can they not have pubic hair?

2D girls very rarely have any pubic hair user.

Even if you take into account the religious issue she has with him, the deity of Healers being the contra to Lord Skullhell, Manato had been of the same religion and he didn't despise Ranta, so it's clearly a personal issue with her as well as a religious one (if that comes into play at all, even the LN doesn't put a lot of stock in it other than to mention that her deity and Ranta's are oppositional).

Ranta seems to be the only one that does his job properly.
What happened to the other team that we met in the beginning?

They get big time really quickly and join up with a big clan that Team Scrubs eventually also joins for the purpose of exploring the other world. After Moguzo dies Renji tries to poach Ranta away from Team Scrubs.

Oh dang. Is the LN worth reading?

I like to think so, but getting cockblocked by it being picked up and having to be patient for the official release is a real pain in the ass.

Is that Ranta? Which volume is that from?

Last one before they got picked up for official translations. That's Ranta in his new gear after the super fighter gang boss trains him up (and before Ranta leaves him a Thanks & Goodbye note and sneaks out in the night).

Got moe pictures from that volume?

>Just finish marathoning Grimgar
>a grimgar thread already exists

this shit happens every time i swear.

By the way, watch the special, it's pretty good

the beatboxing caught me completely off guard

>everyone around me is a fucking moron

>thief with no stealth skills
>tank with no shield
>ranger who refuses to hunt, forage or even use a fucking bow

Well, he wasn't wrong- not after the cleric died, anyway.

It's what happens when an alpha gets put in a group of beta losers.

You forgot about the melee priest and the mage that is useless to the degree of being a liability.

Correct.

Who is that and why is she crying?

Yume because Ranta is gone

He's undoubtedly a dick, but the main problem here is that after Manato died there was no one in the team fit for a leader role.
A real leader would have ignored his nonsense, unless it threatened the the survival of the party, and would have put him in his place, while Haru took his provocations seriously and basically just added fuel to the fire.

But why, there's literally no reason for them to like eachother, other than they are physically attracted to eachother.

Are the LNs difficult to read? I loved the anime and I want to catch up with the story as soon as possible, but I'm still a noob at Japanese.

Even Haruhiro knows Ranta likes her and told her so, are you an animeonly?

She's also the only one who believes Mary is wrong about Ranta

Yes, this is why mental health is important.

I like her and I want her to be happy, but I ship the MC with the red haired girl.

Yume didn't want their party to break up any more after the death of Moguzo so when Mary spills her bullshit story about Ranta turning traitor and Haruhiro promising to make him pay, it rocks her world. It's not a "muh husbando" reaction or anything like that, Yume's just bestial enough to be a pack animal.

Reminder that Ranta called it early on that he would be scapegoated for everything that went wrong out of bias because he wasn't going to 'play pretend friends' with them if they weren't going to accept their own hypocrisy, and of course they blew him off.

>What the fuck was his problem?
>He acts like a bitchy motherfucker to everyone around him, and when confronted about it he dials the bitchiness up to 11, complains he is being ganged up on, and suddenly he's right all of a sudden?
Maybe he is just a bitch? Might be influence of his dark knight training though, he seems to become closer to insanity on the latter episodes.

>It's not a "muh husbando" reaction
Yea it's definitely not. Any romantic feelings are onesided on Ranta's part, though he goes about it like a kid teasing the girl he likes. Fitting seeing as Yume's speech and behavior make her seem like she's mentally stunted at that age too.

>he seems to become closer to insanity on the latter episodes.
>implying

Ranta has the most insight in their team despite his mouth.

>Ranta has the most insight in their team despite his mouth.
Having insight does not make a person sane.

There has not been given much info about his training, but it surely had some psychological impact on him since he arrived at gringar.

In that group of autists he is the most highly functional one despite his bants with Haruhiro and his teasing of Yume

I like Grimgar. It is good.

Reminder

Haruhiro is nuts and now talks to the ghost of Moguzo along with the ghost of Manato

Also didn't mean to quote anyone

Moguzo died? I don't remember that in the anime.

Well, he was a lame character anyway.

It's probably because he's and edgy teenager. Or at least by the looks of it, I dunno.

It's in a spoiler because it didn't happen in the anime but the LN

Author was justifying his own autism.

He's a manchild with anger issues. He feels he doesn't have any control over his situation and is violent and hotheaded because it makes him feel powerful. Then he's surprised when people get mad and call him out for being a dick and he tries playing the victim.

Author self-inserts as Haruhiro and Mary is his waifu

DEM MARY HIPS

UNF