Characters speak any kind of foreign language

>characters speak any kind of foreign language
Why is the Japanese accent so disgusting?
Is this the result of katakana?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_8ajYmRR7pg
youtube.com/watch?v=W0mnneG3YkA
youtube.com/watch?v=X97K-euUDfs&
youtube.com/watch?v=JShDNHTicws
youtube.com/watch?v=yO7MWuJ7zLA
youtube.com/watch?v=7EB1gTA7x3A
youtube.com/watch?v=Japsv0eD44A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jap va's don't really know the foreign language they're speaking so they pronounce it as if was japanese
I remember Senjougahara speaking english with a decent pronounciation in bake, episode 3 or 4, it's just a matter of understanding how the language is pronounced

>acts like Japanese is any more disgusting than chinese or arabic
>posts memevangelion
>doesn't know the difference between katakana and hiragana

The funniest part is that whoever made this actually thought it's notably hard.

Meiji restoration was a mistake

Am I the only one that cringes hard whenever there's a germanophile character in a series. Especially when said character is always half german, on the mother's side.

>girl raised in Germany
>is supposed to speak perfect German
>speaks perfect Japanese yet German is absolutely horrifying
Miyamura was a mistake

Xie/xer meant well.

"Japanized" foreign words is an old tradition that comes from the period when Chinese intellectuals arrived to Japan for civilized it. That's why they don't say Sun Wukong but Son Goku

If only they made at least a bit of sense
>girl is not feminine but neuter

She gets away with it because nobody around her can tell

They sound kinda cute when they speak Spanish.

youtu.be/_8ajYmRR7pg

kek 10/10

i thoroughly enjoyed this

>LCL FUYUNG
>ANFANG DE BERINGUNG

K-KAWAII

youtube.com/watch?v=W0mnneG3YkA

Why would Japs learn Spanish?

It's not that hard my man

Speak Spanish better than English honestly

More people in the world speak Spanish natively than English and in about 20 or so years, Spanish will be the dominant language in the U.S. Also it's probably the easiest latin based language for them to pronounce.

>in about 20 or so years, Spanish will be the dominant language in the U.S

We'll see.

Tbf the phonetics are kinda similar, it's just some meme pronuntiations that get hard, like the strong r or the ñ

I only did 3 years of this shit language in high school, but memorising the gender of every word was the worst part.

ñ should be easy for them, it's basically the cat sound for them

ñaaaa

>Japanese doesn't really put consonants next to each other (apart from n)
>other languages do, so they have troubles with pronunciation
Really makes you think.

That German guy needs to calm down and stop over-pronouncing everything like that, nobody talks like this.

The Japanese language in general sounds like nails on chalkboard

Spanish shouldn't be as hard for the nips to pronounce as English is, not only due to the similarity in both phonetics but also because Spanish generally always does sound like its written, like Japanese.

Spanish isn't really a language with pitch accent but it does have á and the like which wouldn't be too hard for the nips to understand since they do use pitch accent.

holy fuck the OP for black lagoon
when they try to say "shoulder"
the whole OP is hilarious

Yeah, the strong R is a pleb filter for every non-spanish speaker.

What about cubans

They struggle getting that strong R through

>tfw not even fluent in Spanish but can roll my r's just fine while my Ecuadorian friend who is fluent can't

I don't get it.

They learn English with katakana pronunciation based on their loan words. The only ones who ever learn to hold a conversation and speak a foreign language normally are the ones who live overseas. I live in Tokyo, and I've met exactly one Japanese person that speaks fluent English, and he lives in America.

>tfw I can't roll my r's

For trips to mexico to make half-breeds

Holy kek these guys are a reaction image goldmine.

I think you are thinking of Puerto Ricans....

almost as if they were humans that react to stuff

It's the result of their language. An I does not sound like an I and the U is usually silent, so they make foreigner characters say the U at the end as a joke.

Is the u always silent though? It seems like it depends on the dialect.

Japanese and Spanish are both extremely literal languages when it comes to orthography and pronunciation.

In other words, they are basically pronounced the same way they are spelled.

Which dialect then when it is not silent?
Aside from anime, I don't heard anyone using the U in their conversation with me when I am there.
Then again, I am not touring the entire country.

You need to get better at moon. It's only "silent" in desu or in teineigo with masu conjugated verbs.

I think they just pronounce it for emphasis

SO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES ME WHORE
YOURE OOOOOOOOLD

Japan love Peru, for some reason.

Alpacas?

>tfw I love Spain and Japan and Spanish is the foreign language I have had the most success with followed by Japanese
>Spain and Japan are the two places I want to spend time in most
Everything makes sense now.

Fuck off

Thank God Anno had enough brains to hire fluent speaker for tumbling down
I imagine what could've been
>Tumburingu downu
>I've beenu a foor to myseeeerfu
>Fry me to the moon

Grant-sama looked nice in it

>you will never be you're own waifu

Puerto Ricans can roll their R's just fine.

>his language has articles.

>when you have to read the subtitles because you don't understand a word although they speak in your language

>having articles

youtube.com/watch?v=X97K-euUDfs&

Highly relevant.

>his language has words

Random native English speakers are the best
youtube.com/watch?v=JShDNHTicws

guy's name is literally Max Powers

Black Lagoon is the absolute worst offender I've ever seen. Japanese voice actors are the elite? Yeah right.

If memory serves, she was really in to Asuka, she has tonnes of Asuka memorabilia..

I had absolutely no idea German had cases.

I guess that explains why Asami Kazari from Active Raid sounded like she lost some of the feeling in her jaw each time she spouted English lines at random.

Japanese end all consonants with a vowel (except N as an ending to a word). So when they say for example Ice Cream, they're really saying Ai-Su Ku-Ri-Mu

Well, this is just because that's how it's written in katakana.

Articles are unnecessary words

It's not fair.

youtube.com/watch?v=yO7MWuJ7zLA

Obligatory Bavarian speaking Nip.

I cri everytim

youtube.com/watch?v=7EB1gTA7x3A

Even English has cases, but most native speakers don't know about them. The common who/whom confusion happens because people don't really understand how cases work.

Shut up, Pyotr.

xd

The -chen suffix turns nouns neutral. It used to be the same in Old Englidh with -en.

Mädchen = maiden

It's the same story with every gendered language. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who try to learn these langauges in adulthood.
>girl is neuter
>fork is female
>bucket is male

TPP

This is why I hated learning French.

The Slavic languages are even better, because pretty much everything constantly changes depending on the case, gender, tense, whether the object is animate or inanimate or what consonant/vowel a word ends with.

We still have cases in pronouns like I (nominative), me (accusative?)

It's not silent for almost anything besides desu. And even then, you leave out the u in desu when you're speaking extremely strictly or formally. Mostly though, the u sound is still there, it's just not so strongly emphasized and the Japanese u sound is more like something between a short i and short u in English.

see
食べます is pronounced tabemass, not tabemasu.

the same sound is also used in other languages tho, italian among others

youtube.com/watch?v=Japsv0eD44A
somebody type this down please I don't understand what he's saying

>it was within the realm of possibility
>[...] you might [...] isn't capable of holding the angels in check
>they'll now [...] extraction of the third angel was so extensive
>all those who left were some bones, and that was the conclusion
>that said, good luck

CHI

Nah, they sound fucking retarded. They replace the 'R' with 'L' all the time.

This happens in burger movies and shows all the fucking time too, user.

Really? So they call themselves Puerto Licans or Borlikens? I live surrounded by them, they enjoy dropping the 's' but the rolling 'r' sticks.

White manlets suurrree love Japan

Spanish from spain sounds horrible like a sick cat trying to talk in latin america everyone makes fun of their dubbed works
Spanish from chile peru makes you want to vomit
Spanish from venezuela and colombia sounds really good if not the best if they just could talk in a more quiet manner
Spanish from argentina and uruguay has really easy accents and if you learn from somebody who isnt from buenos aires you are not gonna sound like a douche
Mexico was a mistake
But none of this matters since italian is the superior latin language , you can make anything sound fucking gorgeous in italian

Problem with Italian is that it's pretty much worthless outside of Italy.

She's excellent.

How did this scene work in the LN?

She puts every Askuafag to absolute shame. I can't think of any voice actor or seiyu so in love with a roll who they've played. Not even Mark Hamill.

Kek

>it was within the realm of possibility
>On it's own, Humanity isn't capable of holding the angels in check
>The analysis following a permafrost excavation of the third angel was so extensive, all that was left were some bones
>and that was the conclusion
>that said, good luck

wew it's so fucking bad..
Why they are incapable of pronouncing simple sentences? I don't think I saw this problem in any other country's film/animation.

Truth hurts, eh?

I tried reading the LN's and they are just absolute trash. All of it is told from Rararagi's point of view, he lies to himself, he lies to the reader, the other characters do the same and you're supposed to figure it out from the syntax of he said, she said so conflicts here, lead to revelations there.

The anime is 10x better than the books, don't be fooled.

If english books contain emotion and actions to let you know how characters feel and think, then imagine a book where objects and abstract thoughts were replaced the emotions and actions to show how the characters feel and think. Bakemonogatari LNs are flawed simply cause they are written for japanese by japanese in that subtle changes in how symbols are spelled convey a positive or negative feeling to the words and or objects.

Basically, the LN are shit and you shouldn't bother, but if you're a weeb and want to pretend they're good, have at it.