What should the minimum wage be in your opinion?

What should the minimum wage be in your opinion?

Dependent on the cost of living of the area you're in.

$25 an hour, it's only fair.

Oh sorry, I'm on Sup Forums. Thought I was on /ck/. Sorry.

There should be none. The free market should set the wages.

Fucking kek! Pleas tell me that was a nigger.

Minimum wage increases rental costs and gas and food and taxation. You get more poor.

It's called INFLATION niggers

Powerful.

Dunno but £7.50 isn't enough.

$0

Probably.

There shouldnt be a minimum wage for failing at flipping burgers. The poor should left to rot, which then will lead to the liberal elite's own demise since they'll lose their cattle.

$0.00

>t.sideways cheese applying nigger

Unironically this.

If there's no minimum then people will learn to negotiate.

even though this looks like a fuck up im sure what happened here is: "fuck we forgot if this guy wants cheese or not" "okay put it on the side so he can put it on if he wants it or if he doesn't he can through it away

This

Seventeen (17) micro-gorzillion melancholydonkeys per petayear.

thanks to fucking minimum wage, i have to fill gas in my car personally, and i have to push the fucking buttons in elevators myself. thanks, liberals

enough so that cheese doesn't go on the side

$10/hr

No minimum wage. Employers should have the right to offer jobs at any wages they like, as employees have the right to deny/accept any job they dislike/like.

Everyone should make a million a year so there are no poor people.

plot twist: he ordered cheese "on the side"

It should vary from state to state you brainlet,

negative dollars an hour, some jobs you should pay the employer for the experience.

t. zimbabwean expat

boom

There should be no minimum wage.

There should be a MAXIMUM wage.

Too high. If unpaid internships at my company are in huge demand why shouldn't I be able to charge people to be an intern?

why? so people will have no incentive to innovate and invent good technologies that make them rich?

$0

Minimum wage completely destroys the entry level of the labor market, jobs that could earn teens some valuable work and life experience and earn them a few dollars to buy video games and shit, a "job" should not be required to pay a living wage

$15/hr at least. If we've learned anything from Trump it's that making more money inspires benevolence.

>t. Robert Mugabe

About 10 or 11.

Go back to redit

$7.50 if your under 18, $12/hour if older. $18/hour if you have kids

I used to be in favor of raising the minimum wage but not anymore.

I mean, as an ancap it should really be zero

however, it should be more something along the lines of you are paid based on how productive you are.

so many shit tier employees don't give a fuck because so long as they do the bare minimum they keep their jobs and they don't see any benefit in working hard

0.000315 bitcoin per hour.

Why $10 or are you just throwing out random numbers

Sure, I'm fine with that. Shove your iPhone up your ass.

As an ANCAP, your opinion is instantly discarded by everyone sane, so it’s all good.

0. A legislated price floor only fucks up a market.

In case you can't follow the cause and effect, I do cost analysis for a living so let me help you. Companies don't give a flying fuck about the arbitrary numbers involved in their accounting (including labor cost). They care about ratios and percentages, profit margin being immensely important.

Every time you raise minimum wage you increase the costs of a company. This doesn't only affect companies that hire primarily minimum wage workers, it affects everyone. Do you think a machinist is going to stay at a job he used to make 25$ an hour at when he could quit and flip burgers across the street for the same wage? No. He's going to demand a higher wage. Eventually down the line of suppliers, you will get someone getting paid minimum wage, etc.

The end result of this is that every company will have their costs increased and their profit margin will as a result decrease. To compensate they will either automate or raise prices, or both. All you get with raising minimum wage is runaway inflation and automation that leads to unemployment.

This isn't even touching on how fucking awful the CPI or cost of living estimates are for trying to measure inflation/labor and how lawmakers try to use that to justify increases in minimum wage.

My job is making sure our profit margin in my division stays below a certain %. I don't give a shit about the raw numbers involved. I don't care if wages increase to $1,000,000/hour. I care about seeing that % and flagging variances that caused it. Double the labor cost? We fire half the workers, automate, and outsource. Gj.

tl;dr: every time you raise minimum wage you fuck up the market even more and cause inflation and unemployment.

minimum wage should be $15.
But wages have increased at such a snails pace. Giving everyone a raise to $15 would ultimately devalues other lines of work.
I’d quit a $20 an hour backbreaking labor job, to work for $15 flipping burgers.

wage should instead be tied to inflation. If inflation is 3% yearly. Wages should go up 4.5% across the board .

i hate apple, but if you put a cap on wages, you put a cap on innovation

>Brainlets unironically believing the 0 dollar minimum wage meme

Read a real book

>how do price controls work?
Fucking ZERO

by criticizing me you have violated the NAP i'm sending a loli death squad to nuke you as we speak

Why would you intentionally send shills here if you thought they were wrong?

Actually it should be $9.3846563365. Calculated to produce peak prosperity™.

.0007 Bitcoin

$5000/hr, anything less and you are a one percenter who won't share your money that you stole

There shouldn't be a minimum wage because prices can adjust to what they expect people to be able to pay and most importantly, because the minimum wage interferes with the negotiations that should take place between employer and employee.
Imagine if the job market worked more like an actual market, and employers couldn't comfortably set things at the minimum wage, knowing that it's not great but good enough for people to still apply for jobs and stay in work, and be comfortable in the knowledge that if a worker complains, they can be replaced instantly?
Imagine if non-greedy and more cunning employers were to be the ones to figure out how to be most attractive to dependable potential employees whereas the ones that can't figure out how not to be stingy go out of business.

The minimum wage seems good in theory, but it really isn't that good for employees.

pick any arbitrary number. Its minimum wage whatever number you pick and it will be a shit wage. You pick a big enough number and the janitor or dishwasher will be a poor ass millionare.

Oh man, avante guard burger. You got a fucking genius working the grill. In my opinion these wizards deserve at least one gorillion per femtosecond for their time.

I am more inclined to carrot than the stick. Tax deductions for how many are employed at above X wage. Incentivize it so a corporation paying 10 or 12 dollars an hour pays less taxes than a corporation doing 7 dollars or less.

Min wage isn't the problem, money is. Min wage used to be 1.25 and yet be worth more than 15 dollars today. Why? Because of the Federal Reserve, getting rid of the gold standard, and millions of illegals lowering the value of jobs. Fix the money and economy, not the min wage.

There shouldn't be a minimum wage at all.

$9.89 for a 90 day trial and then bumped up to $11/hour

Whatever supply and demand dictates it to be.

Western Countries in general:
>Jobs might be empty by 2040 or some shit judging by the current statistics!
>We can't admit that destroying the standardized family layout since humanities inception was a bad idea...
>Downsizing is not an option! (Why?)
>Import a bunch of fucking niggers and mudslimes to combat declining population 40 years ahead of when it could feasibly be an actual problem!
>Oh no, supply far exceeds demand! (USA specific) Minimum wage is too low and people are very easily replaced!
>People, mostly the imported mooks, are in poverty!
>The mooks hate our culture!
>Non-Mooks are rioting in anger!
>(Europe/Canada)Better rev-up the weflare state and make it illegal to be visibly even vaguely annoyed!

Raising minimum wage:
>Minimum wage is too low to properly tax and support the welfare state...
>Time to raise the minimum wage through legal bureaucracy so we can tax more and support the welfare state
>Those wageslaves think we are actually helping them...
>We're actually just trying to scheme corporations into paying for random niggers welfare checks and healthcare!

Remember that it's not just shitty workers. There are shitty employers too.
When all employers can provide a minimum wage, desperate people will work and tolerate pretty much anything because they need money. If they try to ask for higher pay they can just be told no, and if they quit, they will be replaced with another person hungry for minimum wage because minimum wage is usually good enough.

If you took this out out the equation employers would be more likely to negotiate with potential employees and advertise their rates of pay.
Then the market would sort itself out.
Employers that are cheap fuckers will be desperate and people desperate for work experience will be able to get some and a bit of money by taking lower wages.
Ultimately the most competent employers will figure out ways to do well for their business and do well for their workers. Everyones a winner.

When the state steps in, no matter how good the intentions, they really hand all the power to the employers.

>t. someone who has worked minimum wage for terrible employers who knew full and well that I was in no position to negotiate because of this.

Or how about you useless bunch of low IQ, low skill 20-30 something deadbeats attend college, trade school, get a job in sales, or join the military instead of working a job intended for high school students and retirees.

Society is stagnant right now, not because "people arent paid enough", but because you worthless fucks cant grasp that maybe rather than expecting society to lower to your standards, maybe you should rise to the fucking occasion.

You know that out of my graduating class in high school 6 years ago, 10 of us out of 150 actually made something of ourselves?

Im in medical school, 5 are in trade school, 2 are in the military, one is a teacher, and one is a cuck independent journalist. The rest? They are working at Walmart and Mcdonalds, and more concerned about posting "weed is healthy" posts on facebook and partying.

Unskilled labor has low pay because ANY-FUCKING-BODY can do it.

If you want to work like a peasant, you can live and get paid like a peasant.

very low if not 0, so we can have teenagers building character working shitty jobs for peanuts

I mean maybe, I'm personally of the opinion however that most people are retarded, and the minimum wage exists to prevent a race to the bottom scenario where people can't afford food and chimp out

t. 18 years old and "not like the rest of his generation" larping to b8

you're on Sup Forums... You've failed as an adult. Peasant

Fuck off and NEVER come back.

Thats some next level kike shit

I think 10€ would have a good impact in germany for the average joe.

The minimum wage should match the living wage

2 million a year then no one would be poor

$0.00

I raise you to $50/hr, that feels more fair

4-5 years of work between high school and adulthood which yields a small living space, basic cloths, and 10-20 years of basic healthy food, such as lentils, beans, rice, carrots etc. it's optional, but available to anyone who is willing to put in the hours to build such a safety net for themselves.

universal income for the world. Everyone gets 2 million a year. Just tax all the people that work 99%. They have mandatory work days 20 hours seven days a week. No vacation or sick time.

Whatever people accept to be paid.

we got a gril here boys

too novel of a concept. Your common sense does not belong here.

i swear to god i hate you fucking capitalist niggers. that shit does NOT benefit you in any way but here you are vehemently defending it like a fucking retard.

anyway, the correct answer is do away with pay all together and introduce a system of credits to all working/non working people, only those are jailed receive none, and only those who work receive more than what is neccessary to live comfortably based on their living conditions like childless or parent(food clothes shelter bed internet phone). this way the maximum jew blood having 56% percenters can enjoy their rat race to achieve the most maximum fiat possible, and everybody else enjoy their life and pursue their ideal career.

t. asshurt NEET with no skills who wants to be paid well to do low skill labor like stocking the grocery store I shop at or cooking my dinner.

Do the gene pool and society a favor and either kill yourself or get a gender reassignment surgery because we dont need more of you failure faggots in the next generation.

Or make something of yourself. However i prefer you deepthroating a shotgun you worthless faggot.

There should be no minimum wage.

>that shit does NOT benefit you in any way
Are you retarded?

then everyone is poor you fucking retard

Have to add the condition that credits are given to people 18 and older. No extra credits to be given out to children. No need to give incentives for niggers and muslims to keep breeding like cockroaches.

>then everyone is poor you fucking retard

This short-curcuits the commie's brain

zero
if you can't find someone to hire for the wage you want, you'll have to raise the price
this happens until the position is voluntarily filled
why should the government stand between two parties who have a voluntary agreement?

but liberals keep saying we will all be rich by continually raising the minimum wage. Might just make everyone millionaires if that is the case.

The data in which that chart was based come from anonymous online polls and discussions. Not scientific, not credible. Women often overestimate their partner's size and there's no way to determine to what extent trolls participated.

MGTOW always post this image as "proof" that all women are size queens therefore most men cannot fully satisfy the average women, which is utter nonsense.

Doesn’t matter. The real minimum wage is always $0.

>commie
>brain
pick one

>her tits get smaller no matter which book she picks up
No wonder we think reading is for faggots.

really? credits? THAT'S your solution?
good christ, is this what modern college teaches our children? to live on dave & busters arcade credit?
fucking meme flag asshole.

There shouldn't be a minimum wage. People have a right to contract without third party interference.

the market decides what labor is worth

if you force the market to overpay for labor it will just find a way to automate it

see why mcdonalds cashiers are replaced with self checkout

There shouldn't be one. Your wage is a reflection of the value of your labor, if you're an idiot that needs to be micromanaged, your time is probably not worth very much.

Setting an arbitrary minimum wage is fucking over anyone too dumb or inexperienced to justify that hourly wage. And if you do, it shouldn't be a living wage anyway, anyone trying to support a family of 5 flipping burgers needs to go back.

>money is a problem
>let's just use a system where you get the bare minimum of food and shelter to survive
>you get Work Vouchers™ if you work more than your quota and can spend that on luxuries
Not this commie bullshit again...

Stop being a fag, kick out the brown people suppressing your wages and you'll be fine.

>t. dicklet