This was fucking stupid. And that little forest spirit deer with his creepy ass smiling face

This was fucking stupid. And that little forest spirit deer with his creepy ass smiling face...

Are all of Ghibli's movies like this?

Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrIc1SlA7O8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Check out Boku no Pico, it's a real hidden gem.

>recommend me

>Are all of Ghibli's movies like this?
No.

>Any recommendations?
Grave of the Fireflies. Also fuck off.

Pretty much, only people who never watch anime like it because they think there's something deep going on that's just above them so they praise it, when really there isn't much going on, it's just Miyazaki being an ass.

However he's still a pretty good filmmaker every now and then. Kiki's delivery service is fucking fantastic, for example.

>Grave of the Fireflies

user NO

Miyazaki is an old fart that lost his charm 20 years ago.

instead, watch stuff from the guy that dethroned Miyazaki

Why so serious?

You may be too intelligent for Ghibli user. I'm sorry.

You're just offended that it has symbolism for the empowerment of women, and watch it again if you think I'm wrong its pretty fucking obvious, those Japanese cucks

>Miyazaki being an ass
Are you 5 or autistic? Maybe he is now but not back then

Sup Forums = edgy

>summer wars
>good

>the empowerment of women

>Miramax Films, then a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, purchased the film's distribution rights for North America. Miyazaki met with Harvey Weinstein, Miramax's chairman; Weinstein demanded that edits should be made to Princess Mononoke.[37] In response, Toshio Suzuki sent Weinstein a katana with a message stating "No cuts."[37]

Literally unsheathes katana. Was it autism?

Ghibli films try too hard to be whimsical, it's irritating.

>watch stuff from a hack that dethroned another hack

this was such a disappointment

I actually did notice this.

Watch Keit-ai.

Watch Porco Rosso OP, it isn't so serious and it is my personal favourite Ghibli film.

That's not Keit-Ai tho.

>any rec

Fuck off faggot

wtf was his problem

why of all places is there a miyazaki circlejerk here... he's amazing. Spirited away is definitely his best film, have you even seen it young blood

>Any recommendations?
We really need a fucking sticky for you fuckers

My nigga.

>like's miyazaki
>doesn't know what circlejerk means
>uses it anyway

How to spot a newfag 101

>recommend me Ghibli movies
FUCK OFF

Jesus Christ, what's next? "I just discovered Pokemon, give recs!"?

>Any recommendations?
Fucked up at the last second, senpai.

>Any recommendations?
I hear suicide is pretty good.
You faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=jrIc1SlA7O8

>This thread has replies
>This thread is being bumped to page 0
You're slippin', Sup Forums.

I'm no ghibli fan but don't even compare this summer vomit to anything even remotely decent

The movie was just a neat little adventure.

Maybe you just expected too much? Going into things with absolutely no expectations and an open mind is the single best choice you can make when you watch supposed classics. When you watch anything at all, really. If I went into Princess Mononoke expecting some deep masterpiece my reaction would've been identical to yours. Since I decided to take the neutral approach I found some enjoyment in it. It's alright and it looks really damn pretty. It's a decent film.

I don't really like anime to begin with so there's that.

>Spirited away is definitely his best film
It's not though.

You need to leave.

The only good ones are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away

>And that little forest spirit deer with his creepy ass smiling face...

Seriously I laughed every time it was on the screen.

Hey kid, you want some chocolate i swear I'm not a pedo or something...

>Grave of the Fireflies
what a shit film
>MUH SAD KID DEATH

Am i missing the joke here? I mean ive only ever seen 4 mizayki films but i would rate all of them pretty high.

It really was a bad film. The actual definition of pretentious. "It's sad and references historical events so it has to be good!"

>being pretentious hipsters in 2017

Why the fuck are you discussing the merits of someone's rec in a recommend me thread you cancerous newfags??

No.

All Miyazaki movies are not like that either, which is probably what you wanted to ask. I mean, they are similar in the sense that they give you a long look at the daily lives of some fairly common people, much how they did the ironsmith people. And most of the films tend to end on a rather positive note as well, at least for the protagonists. But he doesn't always get into the mythic fairytales and so you don't see stuff like Princess Mononoke very often.

>Any recommendations?
Howl's Moving Castle
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Patema Inverted
Wolf Children

Huh ? How is Summer War bad again ?

The visual is cool
grandma is cool and
the ending was fucking awesome
I got legit chill when that kid got a nosebleed solving code in his head

I watched Summer Wars, and it felt a lot like someone trying to make the Digimon Movie but with better production values. Honestly, I'm still on the fence about it. I wouldn't say it was bad, but it isn't one of the anime which I would generally recommend.

castle of cagliostro is the only good ghibli film

>grandma was likeable
too bad the rest are completely uninteresting primarily the MC and the Girl
>Visuals were cool
its ok, its literally the same visual style of digimon the movie and same plot

theres nothing to write home about on this movie senpai

Is this the show that gave people anthro-plane fetishes?

You will like Ghibli films less as you age, but when you are old enough you will appreciate them more than ever.

Mononoke Hime is the only Miyazaki film that his usual "save the trees abloo bloo bloo" messages actually work in. oh, also naussica i guess.

Pretty much everything "sad" in the movie happens only because the MC is a lazy idiot, who is literally too stupid to live. Yet the movie tries to pretend it's all heartrendingly tragic.

>Had some good animation.
>story was kind of cool

Not really. The ending pretty much nullifies any environmental message the movie tries to have.
>Save the environment, it's fragile and irreplaceable!
>Or don't, whatever. Magic will fix it anyway.

>tfw watched PM while coming down on shrooms

felt good man, its one of my favorites

>Mononoke
>Stupid

Autism.

He didnt have a good head on his shoulders, so to say