Fell for the trade school meme

>fell for the trade school meme
>make only $25.60 after 3 months at my job
>meanwhile university grads are making $35/h starting and have higher prestige in society

Anybody else fall for the trades meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

cato-unbound.org/2008/10/06/charles-murray/down-four-year-college-degree
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>university
>prestige

hahahahahaha have you even seen those places lately?

worked that trade for 11 years then basically retired
fuck canada, eh ?

I'm in a job training and I literally make 2,5 € an hour.

I am not kidding.

do you make syrup

I paid 2 plumbers $5,000 for one long day's work.

If you can't make that kind of money, you're not really in the trade, now, are you.

This desu. I always hear about how good X Y or Z trade is. Go home, look up salary, it’s like 40-50 grand.

Where do you live?

What's your trade?

>$35/h
>high prestige

University Grad Chem major here -$17/h

Consider that this may be the best you can do right now, but your journey is only at the start. Aim high. What seems impossible to you? Running a crew? Operating your own business?

Dude I get 11.30 you did yourself a favor. I dunno if that's more or less in Canada though...

And how is the debt?

>tfw university grad that makes about $15/h

In 3 months your not gonna be the CEO. Calm tf down leaf.

>After 3 months
Try working there for more than 6 and see what happens?

That's about $20/hour USD right now

I make $18/hour as a machinist (CNC, aircraft parts), but I just started six months ago. Just about everyone else that's been there longer makes over $20. Caps out at $26/hour for dudes my level, annual cost of living raises notwithstanding.

i push shopping carts for 24.65/hr and a 2750 bonus twice a year.
all my high school friends are in mountains of debt, meanwhile i roll around in my rx7 then park it in my 300k house.

bet you show up to work hungover and tired. seek help for you alcoholism

I fell for the trade meme as well, only making $18/hr and barely doing any trade work. It may be my first year as a tradesmen but I'm very depressed and considering the time, I might just kill myself.
Not having a good time living on my own, being on my own.
fuck my life.

Canada money is garbage. Only worth 3/4 of a real dollar.

Have you considered taking up a hobby? Perhaps Warhammer 40,000?

Nothing wrong with 25 an hour. Quit bitcin ya ungrateful materialistic soy

>I fell for the trade meme as well, only making $18/hr and barely doing any trade work.

What trade?

My first two jobs sucked ass. Then I got a break and I'm finally doing what I wanted to do.

>Moosewatching

Comfy. Set up an easel and make some oil paintings of mooses.

i want to travel around canada taking pictures of birds deep in the wilderness but i can't do that when everything else around me is falling apart at 30 years old. i said to myself 10 years ago if i am in the same spot as i was then at age 40 i will kill myself but with all the ups and downs its weighted heavily on me

Refrigeration mechanic

That feel when gradute student and full time engineer with no debt and money in the bank. Not paying for school either.

100% Too

You should have strived to be your best faggot.

Make ideal life choices.

if i took my money to AZ or TX i could double my houses sq/ft even with the 30% hit on exchange. but i would never get paid the same down there for what i do, you americans are too damn smart for that.

got my class A cdl. went from being a shipping clerk $23K per annum to seeing the country for $53K per annum. best $3,500 i ever spent

t. baby-boomer fuck

Serious question, how much debt do you have? I don't know how higher ed in canada works.

>Refrigeration mechanic

It's all about who you work for. You don't necessarily have to keep fixing refrigerators. A lot of the maintenance guys who fix our CNC machines had no experience with them before they started working here.

I make more by serving wine and lighting cigars for upitty italians m8, what do you work in? That can't be a full time job

its a 1 post by this ID episode. everyone go home

About 12k for 2 years, no debt payed everything in cash

I made 50kr per hour as a cleaner (6$)
198kr per hour as a carpenter (24$)
220kr per hour as a plumber (26$)
300-750kr per hour as a coal miner (36-89$)
400-600kr per hour as a tunnel worker (47-71$)
Trade work isn't that bad imo, but it fucks up your body.

what?

Appreciate what you have you greedy cunt

You're making double the average worker in the U.S. If you believe "I'm a failure if I make less than six figures" meme, start a business in your trade. A smart plumber can run circles around his competition and make a fortune, because most plumbers are double digit IQ subhumans.

Refrigeration mechanics do a lot more than fixing refrigerators. Refrigeration itself is a big industry but ok whatever i do at this point will be not improve anything around my life.

Bro just work for yourself

I'm at a point where I just graduated undergrad have 3 job offers but want to start grad school right away and all 3 require travel

To make good money at trades you need to either do something specialized or remote/dangerous to get a higher then average wage...or the main way to make money, simply control your own contracts.

Learn what you need to learn about yur industry, and the start doing your own jobs.

There's no actual shortcut, aside from accepting higher hazard.

I didn't fall for the education or training meme. I work at a car wash and make $20-30 an hour due to tips

my little brother fell for the trad school meme. he's a plumber w/ 5 year experience he pulls down ~60K /year

i finished my MSc in Biochemistry and I'm making 124K year

This is the thinking man's hobby desu senpai

>go to college for a trade
>make $25.60
>your wage probably wont keep up with inflation

>be a min. wagie
>earn $15/hr

Seriously though, wages here suck dick. I'm an engineer, I make $36 CAD an hour. Not worth it man and a pretty chunk gets eaten up by the tax man

Literally goes to 40$ an hour with a journeymans ticket and a few years experience. Move to where the wages are if you are getting fucked.

>heard a trade was lucrative
>gets trained for it years after its no longer in
>blames trade schools
lol

oh fuck, I make more by working as student. 2.5€ is minimum what students can get payed here and you're earning that little...

>$35cdn / hour
>prestige
lmao

Get a load of this lyin' kike.

im 26 and about to start a job at McShartles so have perspective plz

>Wagecucking

Not even once

Move to NZ and you will make 40$ an hour.

Tradies here do better then university graduates.

Negative side to that is building, plumbing and electrical work here is very expensive.

>tfw grad school student and never had a job pay me more than 14/hour
A-at least I have zero debt

Haha, wagecucks amirite?
NEET life is the only good life.

Trade school isn't a replacement for college, it's a replacement for McDonalds. Better 25.60 per than 7.25 (or whatever it is now) per. Plus I bet those grads are techies, not lit majors.

You open your own business in 5 years and make twice as much you big dummy.

>NEET

Do you even lift or trade crypto?

T. loser Gen x wage slave

I make $15/hr, working in an aerospace R&D lab, after a 4 year degree.

In highschool I made $15/hr installing internet.

Fuck my shit up.

Biochemistry is for unemployed women. Don't lie.

I just use cryptos for buying drugs.
Lifting is for failed normies.

you cant compare that anyway, if you make 15 an hour after taxes here, you are basically rich

i know only a few people , who makes more than 10 k a month
A normal human does not make that, no doctor, no teacher, no one
I know like 5 guys who make more than 10 k a month, one is a friend of mine, he makes that on a day, but he is doing shady semi illegal stuff and the other ones got born into huge tech companies

When i read on Sup Forums, everyone here makes over 10 k after taxes a month

How much of that goes to asylum centers for Muslims via income tax ? How much do you have left ?

I went to university and I make 25/hr.

I hope a group of muslims find you particularly attractive, tase the shit out of you, and literally trying to plunge your butthole inside out.

Maybe you just suck at your job?

Based on the quality of your threads, I'm guessing the quality of your work terrible.

almost any doctor in the U.S.A brings home more than 10k a month. Look it up if you dont believe me.

I work in a trade. My wage is 38.45/ hr. I get a lot of overtime if i want. Last year i made $107,000. Trades can be good but you have to make yourself useful. That cunt making 35/hr has damn near 100k in debt and isnt going to be able to put shit in retirement until he is 30. (Too fucking late gradcuck).

The average wage in the UK is £27600, I'm an electrician and I will make £48000 this year, life is good

At least you're not 30k in debt

untermensch

What trade and how?

Don’t worry about fuck ups when your under 25. After 25 you better get your act together or you’ll be retiring in misery.

Is going to university worth being eternally branded as a fucking nerd? That also posses the very high likelihood of receiving some adverse indoctrinated side effects?

I fell for the trade meme too bros
>be me 34 year old current NEET
>only work 6-10 months a year
>only pick up tools for 47.25 an hour, on the check, foreskin wages
>fell for the mortgage jew at 24
>be forced to day trade my rothIRA and personal trading account when not working collecting NEET bux
>tfw have 2 vested pensions
>tfw also a 401k
>tfw i have had a positive net worth at the age of 28 even without counting my pensions
>are we going to make guise?
>tfw me

on, like, state disability?

If you makw that kind of money now you shouldnt be borrowing money from the jews just because you can afford a monthly payment. You arent going to have shit to send your kid to college or retire on. Save your money, put it in funds or for fucks sake do something smart with it.

i believe you, thats why i said, that you cant compare european wages to wages in the united states
I dont understand this wagegap anyway, how the fuck can there be such a difference, the total economical power of us and the us is not that far apart, so how can it be, that we get paid so less, why you get paid so much
That means that our companies, or the rich people, pull more money out of the system, or that we spend less money, ergo having less in the system ?
I dont get it

Makes $25.60 an hour - More money than most of the world - awwww poor baby - Must suck living in the west - Fuckin pussy

Why not move somewhere where trade buis is booming

hmm... my kid graduated two years ago from a liberal arts college... making 72K plus very good benefits and an expense account... paid off most of his student loans (32k total; 7k remaining)... he's 23

he got a 6k xmas bonus... etc

It's not worth the cash.

cato-unbound.org/2008/10/06/charles-murray/down-four-year-college-degree

3 Months and you make 15.00 an hour
It's called an apprenticeship retard
You are no more useful than a sack of meat right now
In fact your help probably brings your Journeymans productivity down
Just shut your fucking mouth and do what your told with a sense of clarity and urgency
After 4 years in a trade your wages should be double what they are now
Did your college friends get a degree after 3 months?
FTFY

>nothing dumber than a plumber
can confirm

Government intervention preventing doctors from earning the proper rate as determined by the free market in the EU. Here the opposite is the case.

Not even that bad. Learn the trade and start your own company. I worked for a plumber who made $150k/year and a welder who pulled $80k/year. One of my friends has a 10-man paint company and does several million in revenue every year. Trades is a meme unless you're union or self employed.

what trade?

I didn't know europoors really were that poor

its funny how people unite here over shared idealogy but then shit on other peoples jobs or careers. Yeah its just banter, but still... dont we all not like normies because they boast about their jobs on facebook?

Why does acting like that fly here...

I am an electrical lineman. I went to a 4 month technical school and was hired by a contractor the day i got my certificate. Worked through the apprenticeship there got experience and moved on to a investor owned company.

unemployed women and 1 chad analytical biochemist

It's 600 € a month before taxes, 490 € after taxes

But I get rent and 200 € extra paid by daddy gubmint.

what are you

>steel reserve
patrician

>grad high school at 17
>joined US Navy
>retired at 37
every being a wageslave

>took forever to choose a degree
>pushed out graduation applying to universities that were overcrowded
>apparently didn't get the memo that in order to get in these days you have to apply to a related department then transfer to the one you really want
>finally got an associates in engineering
>got accepted to backup university which happens to also be turning multiculti
>decided to say fuck it and search for a job with an AS and get experience before going back

Wish me luck, bros.