Is there anything from the West that you would like to see adapted into a manga/anime?

Is there anything from the West that you would like to see adapted into a manga/anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangafox.me/manga/magic_the_gathering_moe_tsukinu_honoo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Teen Titans (Original, not Go!).

Lolita

Dante's Divine Comedy could make a good monster of the week anime with trippy visuals

It's already pseudo-anime.

Samurai Jack

Pretty sure go nagai wrote a divine comedy manga, some of it's translated too.

Magic: the Gathering.
Specifically the whole Zendikar plotline.
Some people found how it ended to be distasteful, but I liked the actual writing of it, even if the direction (outside of the writer's hands) was flawed.

Even more reason to adapt it into anime then

the silmarillion the downfall of numenor or the battles between the valars and melkor from the first and 2nd age

Saved by the Bell.

Probably a lot of hate for my tastes, but I would love to see Worm get visuals.

Death Road to Canada. Make it whacky and fun.

Isekai Mass Effect by Shaft

Mass Effect is utter garbage though, i don't understand why it's so praised.

>Isekai Mass Effect
Would that be modern-human dropped into the future or Commander Shepard dropped into a fantasy world?

The first game was incredibly solid for its time. Not really revolutionary, but very, very polished and high quality.
The second worked out, it dumbed things down but it still functioned as a narrative and had satisfactory gameplay elements.
The third, as well, worked out for 95% of its runtime, playing as a perfectly adequate game with a slightly more distorted but acceptable storyline.
Then the last 5% crashed it into the fucking ground with absolute nonsense and incoherent direction, which unfortunately caused the rest of the series to ignite in the pyre of inanity that it set off. It's an unfortunate trait of how climaxes work in a cohesive narrative, they justify and validate the rest of the story, so when that's bungled, the whole damn thing is scrapped.

technically it's already an anime

modern human dropped in ME universe

Didn't they try to push the planeswalkers stories through a manga?

So Futurama, but less funny.

Leon/The Last of Us/Logan, old man protecting little girl is my favourite trope that I can't find in anime
Indiana Jones/Lara Croft treasure hunters anime
Pirates of Silicon Valley with Gates and Jobs lolis

Wanna know how I know you're a faggot

This

[/Spoiler]Or Courage the Cowardly Dog if done right[Spoiler]

I don't care

FFS mobileposting was a bad idea

Lazy town

>I don't care
>You're in the wrong fucking thread then you absolute nigger

>but it still functioned as a narrative

ME2 is hilariously irrelevant to the other two games, it was basically a filler episode.

I think it ended up being pretty important that a human-reaper was not completed and the reapers didn't get a staging ground with the Collectors.
Granted this means only the beginning and the end of ME2 were relevant, and the meat of the game was a training arc.

Bokura wa ichiban!

Wow you are mad.
Wanna know how i know you're an underage Sup Forumsermin?

n1

>mfw Stephanie doujins

>I think it ended up being pretty important that a human-reaper was not completed and the reapers didn't get a staging ground with the Collectors.

Are you retarded senpai? Do you not know what filler is? Because both of those plot points were introduced and resolved in ME2. It was a nothing game, you could skip from ME1 to ME3 and you'd be no worse off.

Cute girl versions of western philosophers go on road trips.

I agree with you 100%

"Diogenes-chan! What are you doing!"

Yes.
The Japs at least know it exists; I mean, Amano did the cover art for the Japanese translations.

Why? Worm is top tier for English web novels. It kinda shit the bed at the end, but Bitch is moe.

Who'd be Sup Forums's favourite girl, Schopenhauer or Kierkegaard?

I don't want a direct adaptation of anything but I want to see anime inspired by ancient Greece. King Arthur and his knights are everywhere but Hercules and Achilles only show up in stuff like Fate. Even American cowboys and Nordic vikings are more prevalent than Greek heroes.

Has there ever been a anime adaptation of The Odyssey? And not like people in space with the same names as the characters, like an actual faithful/psudeo-faithful adaptation complete with all the stops?

ITT: Wishful thinking

Magic isn't all that popular in Japan. The manga about the girl who played professionally flopped as well as the spin off manga about the lore itself.

So basically Generic Magical Shounen number14124 where the good guys win through the power of friendship and asspulls?

Master and Commander The Far Side of the World

mangafox.me/manga/magic_the_gathering_moe_tsukinu_honoo/

There's a manga of it dude. Chandra is the MC here

The Stormlight archive series, just for the scene in book 2 where the absolute madman Kaladin duels 4 dudes who have magical swords and armor with a shitty wooden spear just so he could save someone he hates

Don't forget that they built up indoctrination only to scrap it.

My guess is that they ran out of budget for all the stuff they had to wrap up.

D&D and Eldritch mythos animu please.
I'd settle for MGE getting an adaptation.

>My Eldritch Abomination can't be this cute
I count two already.

Hellblazer series

>Amano Book of the New Sun
My God, it fits perfectly.

It would be like an 80s anime.

Full metal jacket with cute girls

See, that's the kind of complaining that makes me think you didn't really read it. The victory over the eldrazi was completely justified and had very little to do with ""friendship"". But you hate anything that resembles a convention when you squint so you won't accept any justification.

Morrowind anime

It works because the game is already 15% action, 85% exposition dialogue.

I can imagine the buildup to Vivec only to get there and he's doing the NEET-laying-on-his-side thing, scratching his ass.

Ep. 9 can be the exposition flashback showing the Battle of Red Mountain and Nerevar's demise. Then a recap ep with a different telling of the story and both versions are referenced later on.

Bloodmoon OVA

Get out of here you narcissistic white American trash. Why it always has to be about you? #diecisscum

Cthulu is a cute tsundere girl

Yes.

Earthworm Jim adaptation by westaboo ichiban Studio Trigger, directed by Imaishi

Rwby

Ocean's eleven

Codename: Kids Next Door

I was just going to post this. A Dresden Files anime would be awesome.

Warhammer 40k
i mean this got material for a every anime genre
- schola progenium slice of life anime
-tau and imperial knight mecha anime
-Phoenix Lord super sentai
-Sister of Battle Mahou shoujo
-Inquisition seinen
-Imperial Guard shonen
- Dark eldar racing anime
the possibilities are infinite (like trazyn)

An anime that adapts Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood story line could be interesting. Make the protagonist be a cute breton girl.

This sounds neat.

You'd be skipping the one good game of the trilogy.

Seconded, and let's not forget anime adaptations of the Ciaphas Cain and Gaunt's Ghosts books.

Sup Forums

an illustrated version of Thus Spoke Zarathustra

IT

set in japan

The Wheel of Time

>Nyneave and Tuon will be lolibabas
>Best boy Mat gets his alternate timeline spinoff were we see how badly the Aiel fucked up, probably killing Tuon since the empire changed to the Raven Empire and he's the Prince of Ravens, to cause him to conquer the entire world just to stomp them and forbid their descendants from ever knowing peace.
>Egwene still a shit
>Perrin defending the two rivers

Would be great.

The WoW lore is really fucking good. Would be a cool anime but it would take forever to cover all of it.

Ork hentai ovas

Harry Potter

That would be pretty cool. Seconding this.

Greek and Norse mythology full series by Madhouse.

Herbert Wells The Time Machine.

Personally, I just want animated Dumai Wells.

Heck, any moment when Rand or the Asha'man are showing off would be a blast animated.

Great Expectations

Luna best girl.

How has this never been done before?

White Nights from Dostoyevsky, either as a movie or a short series. Some user said it in another thread of these and I can't shake it off. You can even change the stage from Russia to Japan and it would still fit, the main character is almost a hikkikomori.

And the rage it would generate would be glorious.

Greek mythology but full of fujo pandering.

>implying they'd need to add it

A Lovecraftian fighting shonen, using madness as the setting's ki.

Hero's Die.

Original Greek myths are so close to doujins that I sometimes wonder why aren't they more exploited. Yaoi, Yuri, incest, rape, you name it, greeks had done it.

Elder scrolls.

Black dynamite