JoJo

What would a modern retelling of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency be like? Not SBR but complete remasters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0ncMQI226yg
youtu.be/imWU751N37c
youtube.com/watch?v=oNb_ZJqxQ68
redbubble.com/people/goomba1977/works/12269975-star-platinum-vs-the-world-colorful?body_color=black&p=t-shirt&print_location=front&size=medium&style=mens&utm_source=google&utm_medium=google_products&utm_campaign=shopping&country_code=US&gclid=Cj0KEQiAot_FBRCqt8jVsoDKoZABEiQAqFL76OPhsgDV6ZzfJ-Tfv0Km5MdEQh26MyVodn6rTXmS57waAvjJ8P8HAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kars wouldn't be wasted potential.

They'd add more to Dio's character making him more in line with part 3&6 so like the heaven shit and we'd probably see Jonathan's stand manifesting before his death

What are some of the best and worst stand names?
for me its
Best:
>killer queen
>echoes
>baby face
>made in heaven
>crazy diamond
Worst:
>tenore sax
>RHCP
>notorious BIG
>white album
>limp bizkit

Art would be god tier.

The stories themselves would be longer, with less training arcs. Jojo and the main cast runs into more diverse villains. (Stand users would go against the remastering thing, right?)

Somewhat slower pacing.

Johnathan would have more to his character than being a pure cinnamon bun.

Plot holes are fixed.

Hopefully there would be some flashbacks to Kars and Esidisi's lives before they slaughtered the rest of their species. I always wanted to see how their society worked/what positions they held.

We get too see the Pillar Men slaughter the Ripple clan in Rome in more detail.

Best:
>All Part 3 main cast
>The World
>Love Deluxe
>Killer Queen
>Heaven's Door
>Highway Star
>Purple Haze
>Stone Free
>Diver Down
>Planet Waves
>Ball Breaker
>Tusk
>Scary Monsters
>D4C
>C-Moon
>Soft and Wet
>Paisley Park
>King Nothing
>Walking Heart

Worst:
>Boy 2 Man
>Green Green Grass of Home
>20th Century Boy
>Oh! Lonesome Me
>Boku no Rhythm wo Kiitekure
>I Am A Rock
>Schott Key No.1/2
>Jumpin Jack Flash
>Mr. President
>Marilyn Manson

Araki said he would make Jonathan less of a good boy if he were to rewrite PB which I guess is seen with Johnny. I'd imagine more creative Hamon stuff would come from it too and Joseph goes apeshit with it.

Johnny is nothing like Jonathan

I know, I'm saying the fact that he wanted to make Jonathan a bit worse of a person could be seen in his counterpart

My question is would there be stands or hamon? Hamon´s potentional reached its limit in part 2. Also did Araki actually say that he will remaster part 1 and 2?

I'd say no stands but he'd hint at them like when he said if the part 3 gang would go back in time they'd see Hermit Purple wrapped around Joseph. And nah it's just a thought.

Fucking stop replying like an autist

late xth for underrated stands

Mad over giving actual replies

Post subtle fan clothing you'd wear.

>subtle

>dirty deeds done dirt cheap is a good name
>scary monsters is a good name
>20th century boy is bad
>mr president is bad
Absolute shit taste my friend.

>he doesn't like Flaccid Pancake

>subtle
had my eyes on this for a while

Phantom Blood is good the way it is.

Wjy would you remake perfection? Parts 1 and 2 are the best thing about Jojo.

It would lose everything that made Phantom Blood work in the first place because Araki simply doesn't write or draw like that anymore. His interests and style have simply diverted too much.

First of all, PB's art style is important. Araki doesn't draw things like these anymore, and while it's for the best since JoJo is always changing and the 80s musclemen lost their appeal, that is a big part of PB's story and aesthetics.

Part of Jonathan's appeal is that he’s a larger-than-life hero - unwaveringly good and endlessly forgiving. The fact that his life was so troubled yet he maintained his moral center and nobility - and was even able to embrace Dio with love in the end - is what made him special. It’s also what made him the perfect beginning point for the Joestars. Jonathan simply needed to be this kind of character, Araki said as much. If you strip that away from him to try and tack on "muh realism", he would just be a lesser Johnny (which also defeats the point of Johnny).

And Dio would become unrecognizable too, because Araki would play up the tragedy and sympathetic aspects of the character like he did with Diego. Dio was the perfect example of a villain who loved to be evil, a larger than life force of evil. If you try and add shit like a sympathetic backstory (which is what Diego has), it diminishes the character considerably, especially when PB makes such a big deal out of showing that Dio's past doesn't excuse shit.

And with both Jonathan and Dio being nothing like what they were made to be, you would also completely destroy the dynamic between Jonathan and Dio, which is the driving force of PB. The extreme nature of the two is one of the reasons why their relationship works, and it's what defines both of them.

So essentially, everything that makes PB work, everything that makes it enjoyable, all of the reasons it has to exist, all of this would be thrown in the garbage only to give us a lesser PB/SBR hybrid that no one would enjoy.

felt too much like a Fist of the North Star rip-off

would've dropped the series if not for Dio and his crazy antics

That's pretty interesting. I wonder in which ways he would have made him more 'bad'? There were lots of time where Johnathan would have acted more aggressively towards Dio, had he not been as good as he is.

>Johnathan learns of Danny's death
>Laces Dio's meal with oriental laxatives

Just as an example. Not nearly as bad as what Dio did, but potentially reputation damaging depending on when nature comes calling.

One thing I would have enjoyed would be more unique vampire/zombie types. Not like the abominations Dio created, but because the zombies comes from some unique remains.

Johnathan wanted to be an archeologist. Imagine if got to fight zombified animals from the Ice Age.

Or a zombified Neanderthal. Who just so happens to have a Stand.

It would be out of character for Jonathan to do something like that to Dio (and I think Araki's wrong in saying that he should have drawn Jonathan more flawed or weaker).

But Jonathan had some flaws. He's pretty agressive and naive, even as an adult he still has a lot of that agression. The anime cut out plenty of his moments but Jonathan does a lot of stupid shit as a kid like throw rocks at Danny, slack off his teaching and tie frogs by their legs. And as an adult he tried to blame himself for his suspicion of Dio. If anything Araki could try and expand on that, Jonathan trying as hard as possible to not be vindictive and to remain trusting, even when his gut tells him something is wrong.

I would have enjoyed more unique zombies too. If there's one thing I dislike about Part 1 (and it's probably my favorite part) is that I feel like it could have gone much further than it did. Although doing so would risk extending it too much, and it was intended to be short, I feel like there were more things Araki could have done with the setting.
It would have been cool to expand on the "Dio enslaves history" thing. Like maybe have him enslave other prominent historical figures and not just Jack The Ripper. Or make Jonathan fight bigger, more dangerous monsters instead of just humanoid zombies. Dio was a character that could do anything, and Jonathan was a character that could fight anything.
I don't really hold it agaisnt Part 1 because Araki was just starting out, he pushed the limits far enough as it was and got away with a lot of shit that he shouldn't be able to, it's just something that I wanted more of

>pure cinnamon bun
Now where did i read this before.

It wouldn't make sense to make Dio like that in PB, he ended up like that because he had decades to think.

Can you explain the similarities between the two to me? I'm not familiar with Hokuto no Ken but from what I heard the two things in common with PB is buff dudes and martial arts.

Tumblr

He was also under constant editorial supervision so even if he had more ideas it'd be a bitch to get approved. I think most of the charm of Part 1 is in it's brevity honestly and the fact that it could tell a great story in so little time. If it was extended I think it's appeal would wear off the longer it went on.

JoTo>JoKo>JoSo>JoGo>JoLo>JoHo>JoNo>JoDo
Discuss

>pic
>a dog can adapt to unfamiliar and alien surroundings and people despite aggressive initial reactions to it/them, it is an animal that can be tamed
>Dio can't because he is human,and humans are prone to moral corruption under the wrong circumstances,hinting a flaw in humanity that is potentially more destructive than lack thereof in wild beasts, his initial defensive mechanisms stay for much too long until he eventually loses his humanity and becomes a beast to destroy his surroundings and the people that he could never develop a deep enough connection with
THIS POTTERY

youtu.be/0ncMQI226yg

No one wants to hear Britney Spears' shitty sped up voice

This, on the other hand
youtu.be/imWU751N37c

Sounds really good, user.

sauce pls

Yeah, I also think Part 1's brevity is one of it's best qualities. It never really drags on for too long, it almost feels more like Araki's one-shot works like Baoh or Magic Boy B.T.
I guess I'm just biased because it's my favorite part and I'd like to see at least a little bit more of it.

Not him but I'll explain. I think most of people who accuse Phantom Blood of just being a HnK rip-off haven't actually read it either.
The similarities are in that the both have prominent musclemen as characters, a lot of gore, magic martial arts that explode enemies, an aesthetic sense heavily influenced by American movies, and both Jonathan and Dio appear to be somewhat influenced by Kenshiro and Shin (and there's a reenactment of the "I'm back from hell" scene).
But the thing is, that's just the way shonen manga was back then. HnK had a huge influence in Japanese media because it latched on the popularity of the macho action movies. Berserk also took a lot of things from HnK (Miura was one of Buronson's illustrators).
Hokuto no Ken. didn't invent magical martial arts or strong protagonists wielding those, karate manga was a thing decades before Hokuto no Ken had happened.

Both Araki and Tetsuo Hara were huge into American action movies (and they were both friends irl) and this is reflected heavily in their mangas. So it's not that Jonathan ripped off Kenshiro, it's that the both of them ripped off Sylvester Stallone because their authors were huge westaboos who were friends with each other. And Phantom Blood was always more horror centric and whimsical than Hokuto no Ken ever was.

It's valid to compare the two, but it's important to understand that this was just the way things were back then and that Phantom Blood and HnK were simply both born from the same culture.

>this post
user please write more, it's nice to see someone smart who knows what they're talking about.

Great post but i don't really see where exactly Berserk copies FotNS
Is it just because Guts looks like Kenshrio?

Also the effortless way Guts kills people during the Golden Age arc, seems like a straight-up Kenshiro style invincible hero.

Well, as I said, Miura was one of Buronson's illustrators before he went on to work in Berserk. But there's more than that.
Miura has apparently stated before that Berserk partially came from a desire to mix Hokuto no Ken (as well as the 80s action movies and hyper action that boys liked) with Rose Of Versailes (with a heavier emphasis on drama and feelings and development of relationships). To create something with elements of shonen and shoujo.
Of course Miura has a ton of influences but HnK is one of the most prominent.
There's even a direct tribute to the "I'm back from hell" scene in the part where Guts meets Griffith for the first time post-Eclipse, and there's a big dramatic staredown while the villain mocks the hero on top of a staircase while the hero screams the villain's name, all the while a bystander wonders what happened between the two of them.

Just finished reading Part 5 and I thought it was the shit. My favourite part so far. Looking forward to the adaptation.

I always felt parts 5 and 6 were a little stale after 4, they just didn't have enough anything new going on.
Steel Ball Run best part.

>Puck
>female

I really liked the characters and how action heavy part 5 was but you're right. It didn't really much new besides requiem stands. It was cool to see Pol come back too.

>SP
>Can move faster than the speed of light
>Can't smash Whitesnake AND save Jolyne from gunfire within a 2-second time span
>While time is STOPPED

Oh right, Polnareff lives inside a turtle now.

He wasn't in his prime

the problem is not the stand, but its user

Nigga, it shouldn't matter if you're 17 or 70 if you can move faster than light while simultaneously stopping time. You should still be able to murk everybody in the room.

Does the turtle have food, computer and video games? If so, I wouldn't mind living a few more 100 years inside a turtle.

This thread's been pretty dead so far.

You could probably have someone bring them inside for you.

Post best boys.

Thanks for the thoughtful explanation, I believe I've seen you post it here before, and that's why I asked the other user about the similarities.
And he didn't even reply, so I assume he was just regurgitating what someone else said to him.

>YFW Dio actually wins against Jotaro

youtube.com/watch?v=oNb_ZJqxQ68

>inappropriate attachment to objects
Kek.

redbubble.com/people/goomba1977/works/12269975-star-platinum-vs-the-world-colorful?body_color=black&p=t-shirt&print_location=front&size=medium&style=mens&utm_source=google&utm_medium=google_products&utm_campaign=shopping&country_code=US&gclid=Cj0KEQiAot_FBRCqt8jVsoDKoZABEiQAqFL76OPhsgDV6ZzfJ-Tfv0Km5MdEQh26MyVodn6rTXmS57waAvjJ8P8HAQ

Also you should get into Fist of the North Star because you need to grow into a man.

punching faster than the speed of light should create an explosion

No because if you're moving at the speed of light you've got no mass.

>Or a zombified Neanderthal. Who just so happens to have a Stand.
Well, Bruford had a Stand.

how will his punches affect his opponents then?

Stands, ain't gotta explain shit.

>DIO can use Hermit Purple
>Can also stop time
>Implying The World wasn't just an amalgamation of all the Joestar Stands
>Implying SP wasn't the OG time stop Stand that The World just copied

Guys, you do realise all those names are rock bands or songs ?

Part 3 and 4 are mostly 70's rock while a Part 5 is modern (and shit) with exceptions like METALLICA. Also Rolling Stones.

You forgot King Crimson and Epitaph, you pleb. I don't think the Grateful Dead is that modern either.

are you retarded?

I bet you don't even listen to the song/band when the stand comes up in the manga.

Oh, and Black Sabbath was part 5 too.

>>Oh! Lonesome Me
>>Jumpin Jack Flash
>>Green Green Grass of Home
>bad
Nah m8.

damn, araki references music?? holy shit

No. But I've met few underage faggots who didn't realise this, like "hue, those names are sooo weird in Jojo's, it's really "bizarre" lol !"

really ? fuck there was just too many stand in part 5 (part 4 too but there was less big names)

why did giorno say wryy when he isn't a vampire? or is he?

Lies. Japan only listen to J-pop and old failed celebrities from western countries.

He's still partially Dio's son.

He's a Dhampir because that's how vampire biology works.

That name was fucking wasted on that lame stand. Sure it was one of the first stand in part 5 but still. Black Sabbath should have been a really over-the-top Stand in hommage to Ozzie crazyness.

Is it available in batoto? Is there a better place to read it?

I don't know, I watched the anime with all its filler and reused animation.

Why you fags always hating on phantom blood?

Every part references both older and contemporary music. I don't think part 5 had a higher degree of recent stuff than the previous parts.

Why are PBfags so obnoxious? Liking PB the least doesn't mean anyone hates it.

Throw in a Stand user or two. Nothhing too powerful that it overshadows the Hammon users and Vampires/Pillar Men. Speedwagon would be a good choice of giving a stand so that he's not entirely useless.

I love Phantom Blood. If it had been bad I'd never have bothered with the rest of JoJo.

Speedwagon and his Stand, Fear of the Dark? Because then they'd both get to be scared? Eh? EHH?

Guts is actually supposed to look like rutger hauer.

Because it's the weakest part, fuck off

What's the strongest Part then?

GO! GO! ZEPPELI!

Every boy in part 4 is best boy. Prove me wrong faggots.

Steel Ball Run

>literally a few posts above you has people talking about how much they like phantom blood
just because it's many people's least favorite doesn't mean they hate it
most pb fans accept it fine, why can't you ?

Jonathan looked a lot like Kenshiro

Last stand to have human eyes :(

this meme was never funny

What?