Why the fuck does mediocre shit like Konosuba or Kemono friends sell 10k+ while a well-made anime like pic related...

Why the fuck does mediocre shit like Konosuba or Kemono friends sell 10k+ while a well-made anime like pic related barely scraps 2k?

Violet Evergarden will drop about three fiddy.

Don't let disc sales fool you for everything OP.

KonoSuba = Somewhat fresh comedy + Kadokawa shilling

Kemono Friends = Panders to Japanese Otaku love for one-dimensional waifubait with varied designs (See Touho, Boatsluts, LoveLive, etc)

>why does the show I don't like sell more than the show I do like

>Panders to Japanese Otaku love for one-dimensional waifubait with varied designs
... and Dragonmaid doesn't?

Tooru and Kobayashi have more substance and are characterized better than the entire cast of LoveLive, so no.

Why did KyoAni even choose to animate this?
It's fun as a manga. But there is no reason for the anime to exist. "It looks pretty" doesn't move disks.

Yuri is a dying trend, nips never really cared about "the purest" love. There is what? 2 or 3 current ongoing yuri magazines?

It's because the majority of people don't enjoy anime because they're a fan of the medium or want anything of quality, they use anime as an escape mechanism.

The anime in your pic looks like your typical garbage series, by the way.

Kobayashi is the best KyoAni protagonist since Kumiko.

>some kyoanifags unironically believe this

I wouldn't call Konosuba mediocre, even though Meidoragon is my clear favorite this season. Different people look for different things in anime. Some people only care about animation, some don't care about it at all. Some people care a lot about execution while others will watch shows with mediocre execution if they like the themes/plot/source material. I guess what this tells us is just that a lot of people don't care that much about quality as long as something is entertaining, and Konosuba is probably more accessible to a wider audience. Some people just don't like comfy shows.

Addendum: For god's sake, just look at the threads on the front page of Sup Forums at any given moment. It's all just garbage threads about which female anime character you'd fuck or have as your waifu.

Quality anime shows have always been very few and far apart, though I guess the same goes for live action shows. Books and manga's where it's at.

>kyoanifags believe the truth
who would have known

>konosuba or kemono friends
>mediocre shit
>maidragon
>well-made
Oh boy, must opposite day! OP is not a faggot!

To be fair this adaptation is a lot better than the original manga.

I watch Maid Dragon because it's cute and has cute jokes. I watch Konosuba because it sends my sides into orbit.

>mediocre shit like Konosuba
>well-made anime like pic related

>it's good to have friends and care for your family because they make your life better!!!
Such a deep message, how does Kyoani do it?

KyoAni tends to adapt works that look like generic moeshit similar to New Game or Urara but have deeper themes if you actually watch them. In the case of Maidragon it deals with shit like alienation, tolerance, carpe díem, etc. It's very easy to tell when a KyoAni hater hasn't seen one of their shows when they label them as mindless moeshit or similar insults. On the surface they might look like it, but they usually have more substance than even "mature" shows.

You may dislike it's other aspects, but you can't deny Maidragon is the most well-made show this season.

>well-made
Anime is not only about animation.
Flop Dragon has cool animation, but everything else is a zero.

>Little Witch Academia

Maidragon is well-made in terms of any visual aspect. The directing and art is great too.

>DEEN and CGIshit
>Not mediocre

>Little Witch Academia
He said well-made.

>Why does Moeani shit not sell as well an actually good comedy and a poorly animated but fairly good show
You tell me user.

It is only consistently good in terms of animation. Directing ranges from good to mediocre while the background art is a huge letdown especially after the amazing work in the OVAs.

Keep your tears flowing I'm thirsty.

Forgot to mention characters with a lot of substance such as: a titty monster that wants to fuck a 9-years old, a thick loli that wants to fuck another loli and a big tits girl that immediately falls for MC to the point she's ready to kill anyone for her just because she took her in. Truly, Kyoani are the masters of anime writing.

Sakugafags don't buy anime. Maybe Kyoani should focus on hiring better writers than animators instead.

Yeah, but the plot and characters are abysmal.

Too bad that the characters and the story are shit.

No matter how you look at it Dragon Maid is, save for the good animation, really, really, extremely mediocre.

Because fanservice is for plebs.

This Konosuba is fucking hilarious.

>Maidragon is well-made in terms of any visual aspect
No, the character designs are mostly atrocious.

Not an argument.

Pic elated is maidragon

You need to make your asspain less obvious.

>lol u mad
Great arguments

>Some people just don't like comfy shows
>kemono friends has blown it out of the water
Maidragon isn't even comfy. It's the same few gags on repeat interspersed with blatant leftist political sophistry, smeared then by unapologetic fanservice to keep you awake as the whole thing drags-on. Konosuba at least works its fanservice into the gags, which are countless times better than any humor maidragon shits out.

There's no heart or soul in it; It's just mass produced machine precision shit straight off a chinese factory line. I hope that's not your definition of "well made".

At first Kemono seems to be popular just because is the typical waifubait otaku pandering, but the true behind it succes is that the show itself is really pure, comfy and refreshing at its core, and because the postapocalyptic setting is something new in a anime that seems to be prodced for kids.
That special mix of comfiness and mystery is what keep people watching the show.
Of course the waifu factor is big and decisive , but its not the only thing. The Kemono Friends mobage had exactly the same caracthers and failed.

> blatant leftist political sophistry

>blatant leftist political sophistry
>There's no heart or soul in it; It's just mass produced machine precision shit straight off a chinese factory line

>blatant leftist political sophistry
Fuck off.
You know where to.

Because japanese people are fucking stupid

>I haven't watched any of these shows but allow me to spread my flabby assflaps and drop a huge, steamy pile of hot opinions

>people are irrationally and stupidly afraid of what they don't understand, my gay lover!
>like these other underage lesbians! or this mexican pedophile!
reeee why is this show flopping in a heavily isolationist country-I mean, smug anime faec

And this week they added another big tits girl. I wonder who the next character will be? It's another big tits girl

I know it's a polished turd but that actually looks like a giant ball of hash.

Tooru and Kobayashi pair is a classic example of Tumblr lesbian couple

digits confirm, send maidragon to solitary Sup Forumsnfinement before it infects anything else

But tumblr went bonkers over this line yesterday

>knowing what tumblr did
you have to go back.
Seriously, I wondered why maidragon shitposters were so abhorrently atrocious and what do you know, they're all from tumblr. Who would have guessed.

How ironic

A quarter of the seasonal charts are reserved for /u/ pandering, user.
KemonoFriends has its own thread at /u/ right now

I really enjoyed maid dragon at first but slowly stop caring about it, only skimmed the last episode.

Was yuri ever a "trend"? I'd say it's just an element that pops up from time to time.

Why can't all three be good
Why do we need a bait thread like this

Kill yourself you disgusting whale.
Better yet make the world a favor and go take a shower.

I think maid dragons is great, but calling konosuba shit would be a lie and kemono friends is AOTS.

Only people on the spectrum find Kemono Friends enjoyable.

The spectrum of refined and patrician tastes of those who truly appreciate anime.

>opposite day
Are you 10 years old?

Gee I dunno? Maybe it tries so hard it fails to connect to the viewer?

You're really awful at this game, aren't you?

This, except for kemono friends being AOTS

Probably not since it's one of the highest rated and most popular shows this season.

[citation needed]

On MAL?

I really liked the start of Dragon maid, but looking ahead in the manga it's not keeping the momentum. I stopped reading around when they introduced the evil big-boobed loli. It's just turning into shit.

>we live in a world where maid dragon is considered too high brow for modern audiences

i want to die

It's not yurifag pandering, it's just otaku pandering, cute girls acting touchy feely with each other pleases your average otaku as well, legit yuri pandering as YKA or Flip Flappers is rare.

Cmon user, I like KyoAni and all but shows like this don't exactly pander to a broad audience
Just wait for Violet Garden

Highest rated on Nico, but hey MAL also has it very high up aparently. It's also the fourth most popular show based on Google Trends, Twitter, and Pixiv art. So yeah it's popular and people consider it good.

Maid Dragon speaks to me, it is about cultural isolation, lesbianism, and the oppression of the majority. More anime should have these progressive, liberal themes.

The world would be a better place.

But they won't buy it for some reason.

*one of the highest rated on Nico

Not highest rated.

>trend
Lesbians just exist, user. Art imitates life.

Sales aren't everything.

huh?

I'm guessing you haven't watched a single episode or read a single page of Maid Dragon.

Come on, son. You folks have said that since forever.
The fact that the seasonal charts always makes /u/ happy means that they are being pandered to

Otherwise Yuri On Ice, Free, and Haikyuu would not pander to /y/ either

local Sup Forums friend thinks faggots in anime is leftist propaganda rather than just a reflection of the fact that faggots actually do exist.

I'm not talking about Sup Forums, I'm talking about the nips.

You're comparing the taste of apples to oranges to grapes user. also sells don't mean much other than direct audience interest.

It's something I expect from Kyoani. It doesn't make me go "wow it's something new!"

ALSO popular does not equal good

It isn't neither. It's pandering.

Nips has countless yuri fanarts of Frozen
Oh dear me, what could it mean?

How is a show about two roommates raising a child pandering? They're just good friends!

>rather than just a reflection of the fact that faggots actually do exist.

Its nothing but boner fuel, give me a break.

>Last AOTS was about adult figure skaters with deeply fleshed out main characters and varied cast
>this AOTS is a fucking /u/ show about CGI anthropomorphic waifubait moeblobs
It's as if women have a much higher standard for certain shows compared to the regular otaku.

It means that Frozen is popular, not yuri,

Pretty much this. If you like KyoAni, you're probably going to enjoy it, if you're the kind of person who likes to shit on KyoAni then you're going to call it shit.

Friendly reminder that there's only one yuri manga magazine. One. Let that sink in for a moment.

sales =/= quality, maid dragons is still shit though kys