Does anyone else think that this guy is a total donkey and is way too up his own ego?

Does anyone else think that this guy is a total donkey and is way too up his own ego?
I like people like ZUN and Hideaki Anno because they know they're just average people and are even modest with their work
Miyazaki simply looks down on other content creators in Japan and critizes every little detail of something that makes it different than his own work
He doesn't respect artistic freedom and limits himself to his own ideas which is why every movie he has made has been the exact same
He offers nothing new to the industry

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dU6Cp2cB-30
tofugu.com/japan/studio-ghibli/
economist.com/blogs/prospero/2014/12/japanese-animation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty sure your confusing the meme version of Miyazaki with the real version.

this dude was making fucking anime before you were born, he was the founders and the original anime creators, he knows the industry in and out and completely understands the art and communicates his ideas clearly. Its not a blob moe cashgrab he tells stories.

tl;dr Fuck off retard

Why does he trigger you so much?
Miyazaki literally inspired an entire generation of directors, including Anno. You need to chill out OP.

>make movie
>make stupid comments
>retire
>make stupid comments
>back from retirement
>make stupid comments
Repeat.

Are you trying to make yourself look stupid?

If the memes are all anyone knows, isn't the illusion of Miyazaki more real than the man?

is there a difference?

I always picture him as an old man with "kids these days..." sayings

You're completely missing the point. How influential he was has nothing to do with how much of an old washed-up grumpy douche he is.

Man he's been saying the same things since the 60s, he criticizes young and old and literally anyone he feels is owed some criticism.

Yes it does, because he can do whatever the fuck he wants because of the success he has. I know I would if I was rich, famous, and old.

The real version of Miyazaki is arguably more up his own ass than the meme version, though. The meme version thinks post-2000s anime is shit because of moe or otaku or whatever. The real version dislikes almost all anime that he didn't make for one reason or another.

Pretty much every criticism of his that I've read was agreeable, I dunno man. Not only is he at the top of anime mountain looking down, but his approach is a lot more artistically serious than most.

yes but he's a degenerate peacenik

You are bitching just as much as him but you are worthless for the world. At least he offered new things a while ago. You are just wasting our time.
Is he a grumpy old man? Yes, but he is a grump old man with valid points.

> Pretty much every criticism of his that I've read was agreeable
Really? You think hating mecha (as a genre overall, not a specific one) because the protagonist doesn't have to build his own robot is agreeable? You think calling Ashita no Joe "a smelly corpse" is agreeable?

>he knows the industry in and out
lol. He knows shit about the anime industry of today.

He knows more than you. That's for sure

More than that, he seems skeptical of all of modern industrialized society. His views remind me of Ted Kaczynski even though that sounds like a negative comparison. I don't particularly agree with him, but I am glad that there is someone out there questioning things.

The guy is a genius when it comes down to making good stuff, but his personality is rotten to the core. He probably masturbates looking at himself in the mirror.

Yes.

And? Who cares if he knows more than me?
You don't even know me. I am not OP btw., just pointing out that a guy doing nothing but big budget movies knows nothing about the industry of today which is filled with low budget weekly series, with strict deadlines.
He knows nothing of Otaku culture surrounding anime.
How can you claim he knows the industry "in and out" if he is so detached from everything?

Miyazaki is like if the most intolerable uppity french fag was reincarnated as a Jap. He's almost a caricature of elitist.

I still remember the interview were he sperged out because these guys were trying to show off some animation project. He started whining about how it's offensive to handicapped people and they should basically never do art again.

Ohaiyou Miyazaki is a based neger, in fact he's my based neger. Met him once in Shibuya, was disguised but he couldn't fool me. Convinced him to go drink and we talked about little girls and fat Americans. Love that dude.

This. He's so stuck up his own ass it's intolerable. He must think his shit doesn't stink, that's why he's up there.

>i met him once we went drinkin and ar totl bros and sucked each other off

I'm tired of the overratedness of his work and how everyone just recommends his pedophiliac garbage just because it's "well animated" and it SEEMS like such a deep enriching experience, and that's all it is at the core, but I want a good story with good characters that I care about or feel something about even if it's hate, and he has nothing to offer there. And the old coot can condescend me all he wants but in a boxing ring or the streets I'd still beat his ass if he said anything to my face. Then he'd have to retire PERMANENTLY instead of just temporarily like he always does.

That's supposed to be a secret.

Because the industry of today exist because of what he and other people in the industry did in the past and the industry capitalising the more superficial aspect of their works. It's not that he don't know how to make low budget series, it's that he finds them demigrant, Because to Miyazaki animation is art first and bussiness second. He is right when he says that the otaku culture is bad, it's great from a bussiness point of view but for the quality of animation industry itself it's atrocius.

Who cares about what a guy who makes family movies say? You people give way too much attention to what this old fuck says.

>pedophiliac garbage
> in a boxing ring or the streets I'd still beat his ass if he said anything to my face
Good post.

>demigrant
What?

was Miyazaki in the wrong?

He's a hack and his movies will never surpass the true anime gods.

He's an overrated old fart. I hope he dies soon

>the true anime gods
such as?
"anno"

Tezuka, Masaoka, Seo, the list goes on.
Miyazaki is a mememan, the real talent behind Ghibli is Takahata.

>Anno
>modest
Kek.

How many times will he retire until he retires?

>meme version

What? You mean this isn't Miyazaki himself? youtube.com/watch?v=dU6Cp2cB-30

I agree with him because I dislike almost all anime that he didn''t make.
t. Sup Forums tourist

the anime industry of today is utter trash, and his comments about it are 100% right.

Absolutely.

>pedophiliac garbage
his work is the most innocent and least sexual in the industry. If you think it's pedophilic because his CHILDREN'S movie for CHILDREN feature child protagonist you might have some dangerous sexual insecurity. I suggest you kill yourself

Nah, I suggest you kill yourself for defending it with secret motives of enjoying more of his children's works in certain ways that he secretly intended.

Here's the difference between you and Miyazaki, OP: you both talk shit about shit you don't understand, but Miyazaki has a record of real achievements to stand on.

>Tezuka
his manga were good, his animation is not anything amazing even if it's pioneer
>Masaoka
boring version of Disney at the time

Takahata is about as talented as Miyazaki. The difference is Miyazaki hasn't made a muh guilt trip version of Barefoot Gen

>secret motives of enjoying more of his children's works in certain ways that he secretly intended
you're a sick fuck if you can't see anything without those "secret intent" lens. Stop projecting. If your peepee feels something with his movies you're the one hiding secrets, not him
Go lock yourself up in a psych ward you fucking monster

Nah he thinks every form of media is garbage including his own and wants everyone to abandon technology and go outside.
He has Alzheimer or something.

I'm pretty sure it's you whose peepee moves to his movies and that's why you want more of it.

Next you're going to start jacking off House of Flame and Glassy Ocean, aren't you?

>why isn't a great man humble

Men get to powerful positions by having strong visions and making them work. They don't do it by vacillating and being agreeable with everyone.

Who cares, he's pretty shit anyway. Takahata is the good Ghibli guy. Miyazaki just makes Disney-tier flicks normies eat up, while Takahata is to busy making kino.

>the industry of today exist because of what he and other people in the industry did in the past

The only thing he did is copy Disney, Toei is what really led anime not ghibli shit and NGE was what made modern style anime explode in popularity.

>modest

>Anno

Come on user. At least SOME effort.

>normies
>kino
Fuck off.

>Toei is what really led anime not ghibli shit
Where do you think Miyazaki used to work, exactly?

NGE made otaku pandering popular?

Butthurt Miyazaki cuck

>making fucking CARTOON before you were born
>Still making CARTOON the same way without developing any new technique
>Get rekt by Makoto Shinkai to the point that have to get back from retirement

nah you're the one who feels uncomfortable and can't enjoy an innocent movie without thinking of sex. Hope you never have children. Who am I kidding this is Sup Forums you're probably an obese virgin pedo

>muh lens flare
>innovative
Maybe if you're a 12 year-old on deviantart

>Miyazaki just makes Disney-tier
>implying Disney isn't responsible for some of the greatest animated classics
Ghibli is Disney with a Japanese approach and without the bad parts
>no argument
b-butthurt! cuck! cuck!

No, he is completely right.

How is Ghibli anything like Disney?

>You think calling Ashita no Joe "a smelly corpse" is agreeable?
holy shit

Long history of high-quality kid-friendly animation with mass appeal.

>Many many times has Studio Ghibli been called “the Disney of Japan” and Hayao Miyazaki “the Walt Disney of Japan.” I certainly can’t argue with that – Miyazaki and Ghibli are both pretty magical.
tofugu.com/japan/studio-ghibli/
economist.com/blogs/prospero/2014/12/japanese-animation
they're often compared because they both have made critically and commercially succesful animated movies the whole family can enjoy, often using a fantastic approach

Have you read the context of that quote? He's just saying Ashita no Joe 2 was behind the times.

I just found the smelly corpse part funny

Pretty sure that's a bad translation.

>it's an "anons caring about a faggot director's opinion but hypocritically shits on e celebs opinion" episode
How about you don't listen to either one?

He has the skills to pay the bills, so he can say whatever he wants. Don't push your beta mindset on everyone else.

Toei is the real Disney of Japan. The Disney-Ghibli comparison is mostly due to marketing and the fact that Disney distributes Ghibli movies in the U.S.

How can you dislike it when you haven't seen even 90% of it?

You can be an elitist asshole regardless of accomplishments. Having work to your name doesn't justify an intolerable attitude, and you're just an annoying tool at that point, kept around because it makes money. You can be assertive and knowledgeable without that.

I've watched and been disappointed by an overwhelming amount of anime. Used to like it when I was a kid but grew out of it. I really only like the works of Hayao Miyazaki, Isao Takahata, Satoshi Kon, Keiichi Hara and Shinichiro Watanabe. From anyone else I've been either dissappointed, bored or mildly entertained. Every year I try to watch an anime series I lose interest and can't get past episode 1, and every time I try watching a movie I end up cringing at the thought that some adults enjoy it. Last one was Patema Inverted. Utter shit.

>Miyazaki hasn't made a muh guilt trip version of Barefoot Gen
>What is Grave of the Fireflies?

Does anyone else think Miyazaki is literally the greatest of all time?

Why are you on Sup Forums? Actually, why the fuck have you "watched an overwhelming amount of anime" if you found out early on that you disliked almost all of it? I'm calling bullshit.

Grave of the Fireflies was directed by Takahata, not Miyazaki. That was my point

no he's trying to make miyazaki look stupid

He's a case of a person that thinks that being talented at something in particular gives him the right about everything, like pic related. Add to that the fact that he's old and the world he grew up in and helped to build has become practically unrecognizable, and that he's a beta feminist that either feels bad about his own sexuality or is asexual and feels disgust at sex in general, and that's all about him.

Like the example here , he just reacted poorly because he was shown that his job could be done by robots (and probably will be done by robots in the future).

>Does anyone else think Miyazaki is literally the greatest of all time?

Miyazaki himself

>Why are you on Sup Forums?
because I saw this post on the frontpage
>Actually, why the fuck have you "watched an overwhelming amount of anime" if you found out early on that you disliked almost all of it? I'm calling bullshit
first because I've been trying to understand the appeal of it and why there are more and more weebs every year. I didn't want to judge an entire genre by its cover, which is flapping titties, lame fantasy, big eyes and action shows for 12-14 years old.

Secondly, because I watch and enjoy works from the guys I mentioned, so of course I'm going to try to find similar gems. I didn't just torture myself through watching many animes I don't like. I watched the works from the guys I mentioned, then I started to search for something of similar quality.
Also, it's not like I watched entire series I didn't like. If I don't like the first few episodes, then I form my opinion

Lmao what is up with this reddit-tier opinion

>reddit-tier
you mean non autistic tier? because I'm completely fine with that.

Sounds to me like you need to find another hobby. Something that you would actually like.

>reddit-tier
>says the phoneposter

nah, this isn't my hobby. I just did my reasarch and made a a fair amount of tries before forming my opinion. As I said, I try something different every year to see if I find some hidden gem. Sometimes it pays off. One day I found out about Colorful, don't even know where I read about it. It was beautiful, one of my favorite animated films

>I like people like ZUN and Hideaki Anno because they know they're just average people and are even modest with their work
>Hideaki Anno
>average people and are even modest with their work
What?

I have a friend who is paraplegic. Every day he struggles to greet people.

This thread ia an insult to life itself.

Have you (re)watched anything by Oshii? I've found that I've grown into a lot of his movies while outgrowing some other stuff.

Both Anno and him are right.
Otaku was a mistake.
Because of this we have garbage like maid dragon and gabriel.

been considering watching his stuff for a while, and giving his most popular ones a second try.

Recently put Angel's Egg, Patlabor and Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai! on my watchlist

I'd say he's the most artsy anime director I've seen. Very slow, very deliberate, lots of long takes. Jin-Roh is one of my favorites.

Jinroh was directed by Okiura.

This guy is freaking awesome

Anyone who hates him are clearly upset little babies who got their feelings hurt from all the trash talking he gives anime

Agreed. He's an unmitigated arsehole who's been desperately trying to die mid production.

Maybe you should actually respect the fact that he makes excellent anime and do so out of his pure talents. So when he has something to say about the very subject he excels in, it naturally carries some weight.

>beta
>Miyazaki

Okay, user, try not to make your projection TOO obvious. It's laughable.

Or is this some retard Trump thing where in order to not feel like a bad person, you have to try to insult and emasculate anyone who doesn't feel contempt and hatred for their fellow man and their own self?

I've found that it's pretty easy not to watch things I don't like.