ITT: Characters who smoke weed

I know Japan is strict on marijuana but there has to be some stoner characters out there

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6Kc_-q6PJc
youtube.com/watch?v=fHnPdIs3T_4
youtube.com/watch?v=Kze1GBpmyr8
youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7l8dx-h8M
420.moe/
youtube.com/watch?v=iPXKfGxeHIY
youtube.com/watch?v=_s_Fusvyx7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Weed goes with anime like peanut butter goes with jelly

I just assume most of them do when theyre older.

or coke if theyre the energetic type

Don't pretend it isn't true.

Is it my imagination or does IY just look better than most newer stuff? Just the style, skill, color: it just looks good.

Pretty sure there was a guy named Stoner in Eureka 7, literally.

Good art direction, if not always good animation.

mite b cheating

Outside of that one time him and his neighbor got high, Sato doesn't seem to do weed. MDMA and snorting crushed medication is his thing.

I can't think of any and it's probably because the stoner stereotype doesn't really exist over there due to the stricter laws.

you must really be a Japan and anime expert

Japan is more of a mushroom country. No joke, hallucinogenics weren't banned in that country until like the 2000s, which explains a lot of fucking manga.

youtube.com/watch?v=h6Kc_-q6PJc

It explains a fuck-ton

People who smoke weed are unproductive which is the ultimate sin in Japan INC.
Add to that, the image of weed as a drug for races the Japanese typically look down on (SE Asians, blacks) and it gains even more of a negative image so it isn't even popular for "delinquent" type characters.

Historically, Japan is more of an opium country.

This is a reminder that in the K-ON universe, cake and tea are a metaphor for cannabis.
Source: I've been in a lot of rock bands. Substitute cannabis for cake and tea and you have your average rock band.

yeeeah

>LOL DUDE WEED XD

I didn't know Sup Forums was full of children

I'm assuming you don't mean straight opium because Japan is aware of how much it devastated China when Britain introduced it to them.

>can't even show underage drinking
>moronic "dude weed lmao" ameritrash think they'll show hardcore drugs (by nip standard)
fucking retards.

Gantz

It is highly illegal, but for things that the modern world classifies as drugs it has the longest history in Japan and with that comes a certain cultural pedigree which makes it more acceptable to portray, especially in an historic context.

>I didn't know Sup Forums was full of children
You act elitist about anime but call people who smoke weed children?

Cocaine is for people with 80s nostalgia. Which is very popular in Japan.

Huffing is the way to get high associated with yanki delinquents, but portrayals of them have all but disappeared from manga and anime.

>Stoner character thread
>Ctrl + F
>No Shaman King

Sup Forums pls

Weed got me into anime. Before i kinda got my life in order i was only watching anime while high and i watched 24/7 for years.

Drugs are bad, guys. You could accidentally smoke SUPER MARIJUANA and die.

As everyone knows, only full-fledged adults who are married with children and a steady career regularly watch cartoons about Japanese teenagers.

But it's not super marijuana, it's MAGIC super marijuana!

I just remembered that Samurai Champloo has an episode that revolves around cannabis

Didn't he say it was 10 times stronger than normal weed?

That's a very vague statement as strength varies between strains.

Not anymore it's growing a lot in the USA again too. Only Heroin is bigger atm.

Hemp has been used by Japanese for thousand years.

Actually quite a few anime watching people in my life have at least a significant other and a steady job as well as University degrees. Not many children yet but we're all pretty young. IN fact I know more successful anime watchers then stoners.

aw yiss

I've heard it's five years in the pokey for a single joint

>youtube.com/watch?v=fHnPdIs3T_4

Where do you even smoke in that country? The smell would seep into the materials for their walls, and you can't really do it outside in a park or anything because there's cops everywhere in Tokyo.

I was just under the impression that Sup Forums had a generally older user demographic. This thread makes me feel old and out of place. It's disappointing. Gushing over pot like it's still some new and edgy thing... it feels like I'm with a bunch of highschoolers in here.

That's it, just weed? Man the drummer for L'arc En Ciel got busted for heroin.

As a writer, I'll be using weed way past my 40's

I'm old, but I'm just a straight edge.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kze1GBpmyr8

This is the post of a child.

I've never met an adult stoner I've been able to respect as an individual. You should seek to develop your own creativity. If you need weed 4 times a week to do your job... Weed starts to suck when your tolerance builds, anyway. At some point it stops being a creative tool and starts just being substance dependency.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7l8dx-h8M

Faggot stoners, go away

Look no further
420.moe/

Nice anecdotes

Age has nothing to do with how you enjoy consuming a plant.

If you want to cast it that way, I can't stop you. But that's just fallacious. It's not as if I have these opinions from a completely outside perspective, never having done anything. I've done my fair share over the years. For some periods I would smoke daily, or as often as I could afford. So take that into consideration before you dismiss my opinions because "lol authority figures are lame prudes and don't know anything about anything" -,-

Anyone else find people who constantly shoehorn weed into anime annoying? Even gunfags are better.

I've met people who only knew Nichijou from the le epic smoke weed everyday op.

So like, less addictive than crack?

My power level is over 9000, I'm not about to start this conversation on Sup Forums, try not to veer off topic too much

Anyone that makes something they do their entire personality is annoying. :^)

>It's just a plant, bro
>It's, like, all natural, man! 420 toke up XDXD

Speaking of logical fallacies

Obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=iPXKfGxeHIY

>-,-

>Of all the plants in the world, the fact that you enjoy this specific one makes you a child because reasons

Nice argument

Youre also 14 right

I only did shrooms once and it was fucking horrible. Well, it was cool at times and then unbearable at other times. Never did it again.

Japan, and much of Asia really, seems like an amphetamines kind of place. I love them too so I get it, but I can't imagine they would be that into psychedelics or something like cannabis.

I've been on Sup Forums since 07' ;)

lol

They are annoying, but that one episode of Charlotte caused such amazing amounts of asspain that it was worth it.

I know someone who found this site when they were 7 too

Fair enough, but I also think people who insert one thing they like into everything else that they like are more annoying.

You can make sports your entire personality and still not go out of your way to insert it into everything you do.
This is a problem with most fandoms, and I think le epic weedlords are starting to approach the undertale/sonic/mlp zone quickly.

That's not even what he's saying you nigger. Sodium is all natural too but eating that kills you. Something being natural isn't an argument for it being legal.

That settles that

I meant that 80s nostalgia is popular in Japan.

I have no idea what kind of drugs are popular in Japan besides rape.

the guy from black lagoon smokes weed

they do mushrooms in bebop

We weren't even discussing legality so I don't know where the fuck you're coming from.

REALLY? THIS THREAD is what makes you feel like you're with a bunch of high shcoolers? nothing else?

president goku smokes weed

When Japan finally lightens up on weed there is going to be some amazing anime to be had

Indeed! Chalk up another internet argument victory for yourself and toke up bro. You've earned it. Namaste!

It would probably result in an increase in native birth rate too.

Way ahead of you

So that's what they were doing on the island!

i wonder what a japanese stoner even sounds like

Like the purple-haired one

youtube.com/watch?v=_s_Fusvyx7Y

I wouldn't even have so many marks if there weren't so dumbasses.

Memes aside, weed+anime is a great combo.

this is the funniest part

It's more of a Peyote thing, actually

I'll take weed over the constant shops of MAGA hats on anime girls.

Remember to report. Don't be lazy.

if they dont delete naruto threads they arent deleting this

ROFL MARIJUANA

>rasta hat

Yeah, nice try narc

Dieses. Sage and report

Why does Sup Forums hate weed so much?

Eye'm the dankest!

On every board has "No Fun Allowed" faggots.