Birdmen

and -women
This series is awesome why is Sup Forums never discussing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

raw.senmanga.com/Birdmen/44/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's lots of stuff Sup Forums never discusses. Usually because they're obscure as fuck, even with translations. Even Keyman rarely has threads, and that has a fucking T-Rex for a protag.

>read through all 32 chapters
go to the wiki and get spoilered because for some reason there are already like 40 chapters out
where are they?
who is the baby daddy?

and fuck me if all of this shit wasn't deliberately to kill off as many of the birdmen as possible

everytime I read this I have to think of Birdperson from Rick and Morty

It needs proper release schedule and we need to catch up.

all those raws are already out and no one is translating them

Isn't Birdman got an Hollywood adaptation and win some Oscar?

not that Bird-Man and not Harvey Birdman
and not the movie
the manga user, the manga

here are the raws but you won'`t know what's going on without translations
raw.senmanga.com/Birdmen/44/1

are we absolutely sure he hasn't awoken yet and his power is to attract chicks?

Just the normal alpha male. You wouldn't understand.

who's gonna win the Takayama-bowl?
I hope Umino

Because the Movie and the cartoon are so much better.

Dunno, probably one of the best series on WSS, if not the best.
I heard that a lot of people dropped on the first chapter due to "the edgy protagonist", so that might ne the reason.
The only other thing I can think of is Sup Forums shit taste, but that is usually localized in some popular but particular thread.
Yeah, raws are bad forma this one, due to some dialogs being essential to understand what's going one.

the worst part about is is that I have no fucking idea why there's suddenly a robot and a fishman(?) in Italy?
why isn't there anyone who translates this?
and suddenly there's a castle and more birdpeople
and what significance do those two new people have who I never saw before?
and I don't know what's happening anymore
are there more organizations out there working with/against EDEN?

Jaiminis Box releases a chapter every once in a blue moon which is better than nothing I suppose.

Birdmen is so unknown it makes me sad.

this looks like that shitty in-universe manga from bakuman

>so unknown it makes me sad
you and me and the other five posters too

did they kill off 48 kids too in Bakuman?

>and suddenly there's a castle and more birdpeople
Just caught up on the raws. What the fuck is actually going on here?

>Birdmen is so unknown it makes me sad.
It's a shame because it's legitimately a phenominal series and it's got a tight focus. I don't imagine it going on for more than maybe 5-6 more volumes which is fine by me because I prefer manga where the Author knows where they want to go and get there.

I also like the subtle horror of these kids developing a neural network that can possibly force an emotionless hive mind over them. The idea that their evolution is moving them all further away from humanity and into a more birdman-centric mindset is really offputting.

>moving them all further away from humanity
I thought that was stated from the very beginning or at least as soon as they met the Prof:
Birdmen aren't biologically human anymore
I think he stated that they couldn't have babies with 'normal' humans anymore
which is why I am very interested in Gabrielles child
that would be the first pure-blooded birdman

>I thought that was stated from the very beginning or at least as soon as they met the Prof:
It's a possibility of evolution. The original colony of Birdmen stopped talking outright and only spoke through tweets in the end before Eden wiped them. You can see this same shift happen to the main cast as they all start to awaken their roles. It's worth a re-read to watch when people start shifting perspectives.

As for whether or not it's a given outcome that birdmen will have to give up there humanity, that's something I think the MC is grappling with. The original birdmen and Arthur's group moved in a direction that put birdmen seperate from humans, but I don't know if the current groups goal is integration into human society or cohabitation. Their evolution isn't the same as the other groups so whether or not they completely shirk their humanity is to be determined.

>This series is awesome why is Sup Forums never discussing it?

no regular chapters because Jaimini's busy translating Black Clover

only more reasons to hate Black Clover

So what's this about, sell me on it

Bird people

>wiped
I think it's more like murdered
I wonder if Eve could hear the death screams of her fellows as their numbers were decimated
Eden doesn't fuck around
>I just got it; Adam and Even in the garden of Eden and the whole place is observed by angels (Seraphs and Cherubs) like in the bible
>I just got that now
>the headguy of Eden is even dressed like a the pope (or at least that wa smy first impression with the long white robe) same goes for Eve's assistant, with his long black robe
>and I am pretty sure all the Birdmen have names with either Bird-puns or references to angels/winged beings
>except Arthur

Wait, are there more translations?

I was super into it a while ago but translations seemed dead

latest update from what I have is Feb. 28
there are 36 translated but Raws are up to 45
if you know Japanese you can just read everything here
there's also some foreshadowing regarding she knew
that's why it has that form

>I heard that a lot of people dropped on the first chapter due to "the edgy protagonist", so that might ne the reason.
Well fuck, I actually like the protagonist and that he is actually clever and not too trusting.

I like this series for several reasons
the MC is actually smart
romance isn't overtaking the plot
>it's still there but it isn't the mainplot
the struggle of the MC's losing their humanity/connection to humans
I also think it's interesting that there are other kinds of ab-normal humans and how they react to suddenly becoming second fiddle as soon as EDEN had a new favourite toy
>I wonder if there's such a thing as 'decomissioning' 'old equipment'
Fox did say he was nearing the end of his lifespan which is why he got off the hook
to Eden the Birdmen and all those others are clearly nothing more than tools, they only care about keeping them in working condition
if they malfunction they have no trouble pulling the trigger

Picked up

I love it but I only picked it up because I liked the author's previous work Kekkaishi. And even that one was not super popular in the west. Sucks because Birdmen is great.

I- I a, sure of we spread the good word of Birdmen people will start picking it up
>and actually translate it so I don't ahve to look at raws and wonder if I am still reading the same Manga

Do birdmen society works likes lion society?
All the bitches for the alpha male.

Anime when?

well, two of those girls got turned into birdmen by him
and the others probably only think he's cool
>the other choices they could pick is grumpy bear; baldy and pretty artsy guy, but he's out because he's only friend-material
and most birdmen are youths/kids and don't think about that sort of stuff anyways

We got 3 chapters last week, I hope this schedule keeps up

Kekkaishi was pretty good.

Yellow has a good sense of contrasts and panelling. Even though her stuff can be wordy she knows how to dial it back and just let the images tell everything.

What is Umino´s power?

Should be revealed soon. The blackout in the latest scanlated chapter was her's so assume that focus on her is coming. Maybe it's even already in the unscanlated chapters 37- 45.

it is

and meanwhile Takayama remains unawakened
maybe he's just waiting for the right time
dude is pretty shady

He's a linker though?

I wonder when Birdgirl will come back

Pacing is a bit bad for me. It's written like a weekly manga not like a monthly manga. Too many full-page panels.

but all of them can hear voices when transformed

He's still a cherub with linker-like abilities which i presume that because he's a direct descendant/partner of Eve

Is this edgy max ride.

yet at the same time it seems he can take other seraphs powers/memories or something or enhance them, or something
he also figured out where Fiona is
and I figure judging from the raws without understanding a word
he must be something special, because of his white-feathered appearance

She's a linker. Basically the same shit as Takayama.

spoilers, user, have you ever heard of them?

Shit, sorry friend. I just assumed most people were up to speed. My bad.

> why is Sup Forums never discussing it?
We had a thread like three days ago, though.

I disliked him at the beginning, honestly, but he got better fast. The whole "cynical ennui-ridden teenager" thing he had going at first just isn't interesting.

It's Max Ride except good. Granted, I don't actually remember much about Max Ride nowadays (it took me months of reading this to even remember that shit existed), but from what I do remember it was pretty typical YA stuff in tone and character dynamics.

> she knows how to dial it back and just let the images tell everything.

Yeah, I think that might have something to do with her stint as Adachi's assistant.

Fake

Does anyone else waifu the shit out of Fiona? She's such a cynical loli. Great character.

She and the MC should just hook up. They can be all brooding together. She'd be far better for him than Umino.

>Cherubs
Cherubs is a translator invention, isn't it? The TN said that it was literally "eggs," but that they changed it to sound better, because they're faggots or something.

>the headguy of Eden is even dressed like a the pope
I was going to call you a retard for not noticing the rest, but now I feel too dumb for not realizing this one myself. His face even looks like Benedict's, doesn't it? Fuck, I'm an idiot.

What? She's not my waifu, but yeah, she's great, definitely the best girl.

Umino told Eishi that she's interested in Takayama
that ship has sailed
and Fiona hates men

But in the raws Umino does act a bit girly when she holds Eishi's hand. Unfortunately it could still happen. As the series goes on, the more I get the feeling that Takayama won't survive. Or he'll end up a villain.

Are they constantly staying Birdmen now?

please don't do that to me Takayama/Umino need to happen
she had feelings for him right from the start

Takayama is already dead..

no, shut up
we already had enough dead

Yeah. Yellow even thrown out the school setting like hot garbage.

Hey! Those raws are pretty decent! What a miracle.

My sense of things was that as they turn into seraphs, they begin to grow more and more removed from humanity, and as a result are more attracted to each other, like they're their own species. This is the same reason why all the guys start to develop a crush on Tsubame. As to why the girls fall for Takayama in particular rather than anyone else, idk, maybe it has something to do with his evolution compared to everyone else

I don't think it's that complicated, user, I'm pretty sure it's just that Takayama is hot and cool and strong and saved their lives and shit. I mean, Arthur had his own small harem going, too.

Arthur had Robin and a little girl who tried to go after him too but she also had a crush in Trush
they're all dead so it doesn't matter anymore

>they're all dead
Robin isn't.

well, yeah
but Arthur is

yes, but the reason they fall for those guys in particular is because they're becoming their own species

Endgame pairings:

Eishi - Umino
Kamoda - Cat
Takayama - Dead.

delete this

Basically, their instincts got bigger.
MC tried to verify if he could get nervous being close to glasses-girl and got zero arroused.
A normal human would fuck a birdgirl, even without chances of reproduction.

Maybe it's just me, but I find myself equating Takayama to Masamori a little, which would lead us to a Fairy end for him.

Not sure I like Takayama/Fairy given the abusive overtones. Whenever the two interact its full of rapey allegories. Best girl deserves a happy ending with a kind husbando.

here's a suggestion from me
stronk Russian woman - Eishi

That's what character development is for. And let's be fair, his first interaction with her was pretty justified - he left her alone even when she was spying on them, and then his friend got fucking shot, so he stopped being nice.

Who?

This one? Thats a pretty novel ship. She strikes me as a lesbian.

it's the haircut, isn't it
because I have no fucking idea what she's saying

Yep. Definitely the haircut. I don't moon.
Looking it over, I suspect that user may be right about Takayama/Fairy. Their interactions are certainly significant.

The main pairing, of course ;^).

Also, Umino should stop liking the Hawk or she'll be the next one on the bird grinder soon.

If she had a little more mass she'd be right up my alley. As it is she needs 5 sandwiches.

We're so not going to get a happy ending

Birdmen dont get happiness
Look at Robin

>chicks
Not sure if intentional

Cheep pun.

I actually recently picked this up. It's alright.

Its cute how fairy is always seen praying. Kinda fits with Takayama's angel theme. I ship it now.

Reading this thread has me afraid of this series getting popular

>waifufags
>EDGE posting
>untranslated spoilers when we're only a few chapters behind

But yea this is a solid series, the art is really pleasant to read, like is simple and light on background details but Takayama's fingers extending out of the bottom panel absolutely makes the whole thing.

>waifufags
Literally one, unless your definition of waifufags is "anyone who talks about girls or romance in a series at all."
>EDGE posting
Where?
>untranslated spoilers
They're almost all spoilered, though, even some for translated stuff.

This is a good thread, you're being silly.

Picked up.

mite be cool

I like this a lot

the reason is no one discussing it is no regular scans

>Awesome

Eeeh it's pretty bland, like kekkaishi it has really amazing parts but too much bland watered down parts that aren't interesting emotionally or psychologically.

I can't really agree. Aside from some of MC's early personality and the more recent discussion of guys controlling their dicks, I think it's been consistently entertaining.

Eeeeeh for me it dips too much with the long panels of no real narrative interest or character interest, the entire few chapters with the doctor was just too uninteresting visually.

Long stretches of panels with bland non-emoting faces and dialogue that's uninteresting.

I may simply be bias as I strongly dislike her art style, it's too static, for what she tries to draw, and she uses the shadowed out eyes gimmick far too much.

>Waifufags
More likes husbandofags.