youtube.com/watch?v=dVXtjgEuxGk
youtube.com/watch?v=CCO3hTCRFYc
youtube.com/watch?v=fyQxRRaVEgU
youtube.com/watch?v=kyRK2GI_T7I
youtube.com/watch?v=F-vAQhhtzk0
youtube.com/watch?v=c1t6AfpKAXo
youtube.com/watch?v=XYt4iv7qRKE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was a downhill from that point onwards for everyone and everything.
I still suck and browse this shithole for example.

We should celebrate Lucky Star not Gurren Lagann

Was there supposed to be a new project next month for AnimeJapan

I was actually about to make a thread about TTGL. I'll just ask here.

I love TTGL but I've never seen the movies. The first one starts so slowly and is basically just a clip show for a long time. Should I just skip it and watch movie 2? I've tried to sit through movie 1 like 4 times and only make it halfway.

>Are you celebrating
Maybe I will with the movies

I'm gonna watch the movies.

>TTGL turns 10 next month
>TTGL aired 10 years ago
>10 years ago
>10 years
I think I need to lay down

>tfw just watched TTGL for the first time last month
I kept putting it away because it had robots and I don't like mecha

why would you watch the movies when you can watch the superior dub instead?

subs weak af senpai

Someone Help, How am i aupposed to pierce the heavens when the sky is all the way up there?

IM STILL MAD ABOUT THE ENDING
FUCK OFF WITH THAT BITTER SWEET SHIT
MAKE IT HAPPY/SAD END OR FUCK OFF

I'll celebrate by watching the far superior Kill La Kill.

Its absolute garbage though. Do you like Naruto too?

I was thinking of rewatching it a bit recently, so maybe I'll do that next month then

What was your opinion about it?

10/10 and probably in my top3 ever. Only 50 days watched though so I need to watch more anime.

I first came to Sup Forums while:

>every thread is a I HATE ROSSIU thread.

Can't believe I've been stuck in here for all those years.

Confession time:

I cried bitch tears at the end. I am still buthurt that Nia died.

The only good thing about the first movie is the last 20 minutes.

The second movie is to be watched completely.

look mom, im trying to fit in!

Right back at you,faggot.

Kamina Dub edition is fucking great. Hell, most of the dub improves the show by leaps and bounds. Just like PSG. Although KLK's dub is mediocre.

Yeah I love it when you take part of a show and replace it with terrible voice actors with no relation to the original production, acting out a script localized for a normalfag audience with mistranslations and rewrites.

Are you going to give me examples?

>TTGL turns 10 next month
>TTGL turns 10
>10
>it's been 10 years

>beginning of Gurren-hen is boring

You're nuts. All that shit with the Spiral King's backstory is fucking aces. The end is objectively the worst part, since it ends before the climax of the first arc. Why they thought it made sense to leave the fight with Lordgenome out of the first movie is beyond me.

>TTGL will be an anime that will talked about in 10 years.
>Its actually true.

> it's been 8 years since I watched episode 26 on Syfy

I can still remember that moment clearly.

Same except I finished it 2 seeks ago. Buddy told me about it a couple months ago but I dont like mecha either. This shit is my wallpaper now, man am I naive for doubting it.

Believe in yourself. Not the user that believes in you. Not the you that believes in user. Believe in the you that believes in you.

Yeah I didn't feel Nia death was necessary. But I cried at the Kittan death and the end.

Yeah Nia's death was uncalled for, but kKittan was a raucous and annoying Kamina wannabe that had to go.

I agree entirely

Okay so maybe just skip to movie 2? I might do that tonight then. Thanks user.

It's neat don't get me wrong, if it was dubbed I'd have watched it 10 times by now. It's just that since I've watched both the sub and dub of the anime twice each, it's really boring needing to give my full attention to a recap of a story I've already heard a few times. I'm a slow reader you see.

>tfw this was airing the same time I graduated from the hellhole that was my public school.
I wish I was into anime back then, watching this would've been the sundae on top of another sundae.

>Only 50 days watched though so I need to watch more anime.
>tfw I also watched TTGL when I started getting into anime
>tfw nothing has ever come close in terms of enjoyment and emotion since

>it aired on syfy
I completely forgot.
Are they still around?
if so they should air it again.

>Don't be held back by someone else's bullshit in fake memories.The one path you chose for yourself, is the truth of your universe.

Admission. Only watched it two years ago. While undergoing chemo and preparing for big fucking surgery.

I'm going to do a TTGL night at the local for the anniversary. Only be a few people turn up, but what the fuck.

We'll beer, watch bolivian cave paintings, and at the end of the night we'll scream at the heavens: "Who the hell do you think we are?!"

>>tfw nothing has ever come close in terms of enjoyment and emotion since
It was the 4th show I watched and the one that got me into anime properly, and god dam it still gives me chills watching clips on youtube of it, nothing compares to the energy of that show, it'll probably be my favourite show forever.
That sounds amazing

>watched the second cour with Sup Forums
>watched it on syfy with Sup Forums
>watched it on AS with Sup Forums

Every ride was good.

Get fucked the pair of you both. Bittersweet ending is a coming to terms that while the wild ride of youth is fun while it lasts, it erodes, leaving accumulated wisdom behind. Anything else would have cheapened it.

this show kept surprising me with how fast it was going
and it's fantastic

music
youtube.com/watch?v=dVXtjgEuxGk

yoko a slut

i miss it

I only cried over Bro. It was raining around episodes 8-11, choked up at some lines throughout.

This show was spammed everywhere anime related on the internet. I remember that pissing me off 10 years ago.

And I remember finally watching it and thinking it was mediocre as fuck. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't a "hype".

>Are you celebrating?

I'm celebrating everyday.
>playing overwatch
>main Reinhardt
>Sorairo Days kicks in
>mashing that charge button no matter what my team says
>mfw

HONOR. AND. GLORY.

Reminder that Yoko is directly responsible for Kamina's death. Had she not disturbed Simon while he was trying to sleep, he likely would have fallen asleep instead of witnessing her kiss Kamina. Alternatively she could have simply not kissed Kamina.

His blood is on her lips.

It was more the fact that all those peeps died in that fight and kittan was the nail in the coffin for that fight as well

What is it about Yoko and a beach tan that makes her 20x hotter. That's the best shot of the STARS special too.

Asspull the Anime.
But it had several god-tier scenes,though.
I rewatch Kittans Sacrifice and The assault on Teppeling scenes daily

youtube.com/watch?v=CCO3hTCRFYc

>tfw you witnessed TTGL Sundays on Sup Forums
what a time to be alive.

FUCK YEAH

NORIKO

>Asspull the anime
That was kind of the point.
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible."

youtube.com/watch?v=fyQxRRaVEgU

I'm still drilling, user.

>TTGL was 10 years ago
>the apex of Sup Forums was 10 years ago

Why do you still visit this place?

>Nothing compares to the energy of that show

Have you watched Kill la Kill? Imaishi directed that as well and it's even more over-the-top than Gurren Lagann. It's not as emotional and the plot isn't as good, but the action scenes in Kill la Kill are truly a spectacle.

Yeah I've seen Kill la Kill, I like it, and maybe I'm just biased towards mecha but I like Gurren Lagann better in pretty much every single way. Why do you say it's more over the top out of curiosity? I don't think I'd say that myself so I'm curious

One of my favourite villains ever, one of my favourite villain themes ever

youtube.com/watch?v=kyRK2GI_T7I

Yeah he's based as fuck.

why do people think kill la kill can stand next to ttgl? kill la kill doesn't come near it.

I remember not really caring for kittan much, but you can't deny his death is one of the most badass moments in the entire series. Also can't understand people liking the dub at all, sub was miles ahead for me anyway

> Gurren Lagann is better in pretty much every single way

You're really overselling Gurren Lagann if you think that's the case.

Sup Forums truly has fallen over these ten years

Different user, I dont want to start a KLK vs TTGL war but Im legit interested in why you think KLK is better, Im biased towards TTGL so Im curious in a different opinion.

>I like Gurren Lagann better in pretty much every single way
>Like
Boi

Not that user but the green text is
>In pretty much every single way
Which I don't agree with either. I prefer TTGL too but KLK has one or two things over it.

What other anime will suck me off so much for being human?

I didn't say that KLK was outright better, just that Gurren Lagann definitely is weaker in a lot of areas.

Ghost Stories English dub my n-word. Look it up.

>but the green text is
The green text removed the word like from the post, which makes a rather huge difference. Fuck the green text

Humans are great.

The ghost stories is a bad example of why Gurren Lagann's dub is bad, GS is irrelevant in japanese. Gurren Lagann's dub on the other hand tries to be a serious translation but can't even use the right pronunciation of the fucking protagonist's name.

Hey guys did the movies have different OSTs compared to the show?

youtube.com/watch?v=F-vAQhhtzk0
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=c1t6AfpKAXo

Getter Emperor > STTGL.

>no 4k rerelease
kill me baby

I just finished watching the anime for the third time, after three or four years or so.

Episode 26 still gets me, though not as hard as the first time, where I cried like a bitch, while I only teared profusely today.

Maybe it's because I already knew what was going to happen, but still, I enjoyed every moment of it. Barring ep4.

Gonna rewatch Lagann-hen tomorrow or sunday, all these emotions left me pretty tired.

Also, did the bluray release added something? I didn't remember that splash in the first arc showing Lord Genome's past version, or the Anti-Spiral's body having those changing images instead of it being entirely black.

>these implications about Kittan

He was his own thing, even if at times he did wanted to be like Kamina, though at the end he ended up admitting that he could never be like him.

It was exactly like Yoko said: while Kamina was hot blooded to the max and dragging everyone with him, Kittan was like that guy that WANTS to be hotblooded, and picks up on the ones who get overwhelmed by the leader's will.

>Confession time

While I did get sad, I didn't actually cried at Kamina's death. I don't know, the tone from him fighting until the very end, the lack of a proper song to accompany it unlike with Kittan's and everyone forsaking their AU selves, and the chapter ending up rather suddenly after all the action; all that left me in a state of shock rather than crying.

I did cry to Kittan's sacrifice; and to this day, everyone leaving their normal AU lives in favor of fighting the Anti-Spiral, while Libera Me is playing in the back, is the only time in all of my fiction consuming-life I actually cried like a bitch.

I was exactly the same as you guys, thinking nothing would ever relive that itch again. And then I played(as in, yes, on my PS3, and bought all the DLC even) Asura's Wrath.

If you absolutely love TTGL, you're doing yourself a huge disservice by not at least watching over youtube a complete playthrough of it. You being the one who pushes the buttons at key moments has a much better feeling, but I'm still damn sure you can enjoy it all the same.

Also, the dub for the game is fucking great, Liam O' Brien is a fucking God-tier VA.

If you've seen the show, I'd say the only thing from the movies that requires watching is the final fight with Super TTGL; it is imo superiror in every way to the final fight as it appeared in the series.

I've seen it played, but I really should get myself a copy and play it one day
>Super Heaven Piercing Gurren Lagann
I can't decide whether the english or japanese sounds cooler, but goddam if that's not the coolest name of a mecha

>tfw I'd known about TTGL since it first came out but didn't actually watch it until a couple of years ago
It really is a masterpiece, and the more I watched it the more I realized how much of a golden opportunity I'd missed to shitpost about it with my fellow f/a/gs back when it was actually still in syndication

Never watched the dub tbqh; I tried watching it dubbed but couldn't get through the first episode; I just didn't care for Kamina's english voice

I meant the name of it, never watched the dub myself, I just ended up googling what it meant.

youtube.com/watch?v=XYt4iv7qRKE

Here, I even went and searched for you a playthrough without commentary, so go watch it ASAP.

Oh, right; even gurren lagann means something; like crimson blossom skull or something along those lines

Yeah Gurren seems to be crimson, and Lagann is face or something like what you said.
Which means they're basically just Team Red, which is slightly amusing

TTGL is a great inspirational anime about the triumph of will over stacked odds.

Where did the time go indeed.

except Simon didn't put that wisdom to use, it just cuts to him being... I don't even know, a hobo that's partially crazy? I mean they launch ships to colonize other worlds but it's really just a moment
the issue isn't that it was bittersweet, it's that it felt like it came out of nowhere and it felt like there was no payoff

>Gurren Laggan sequel announcement at AnimeJapan this year

How will Gainax pull this one out?

Good times

Nothing changed.
Still amazing.

they really should've pronounced it "sai-man" in the original Japanese, they totally have all the sounds and syllables needed
pronouncing it Simon instead of sea-moan sounds wrong to you because you got attached to the other pronunciation first

>pronouncing it Simon instead of sea-moan sounds wrong to you
but they don't pronounce it as Simon, that's my problem; the dub uses an accent over the "o." Shimon was fine in the JP version since that's the common translation, but there's no excuse for adding an accented "o" in an American English dub.

oh, I've only seen a bit of it, I figured they just made it normal
that is weird