[HorribleSubs] Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 - 09 [1080p].mkv

>releasing 1080 before 720

720p is up

>tfw kiku gets less and less smug with each episode

Red eyes Sukeroku in the OP again
Uh oh spaghettios

Yes, we get it.

This is gay as fuck.

Well that ending was fucking terrifying, also Eye-patch Yakumo in the preview.

How come yotaro uses "oira" for "I"?

I dont know much about japanese pronouns.

i just don't understand how they just keep doing it. Its like I'm saying every week at the end, "this is the best episode yet of S2"

>doing the same piece that gave you hear attack

>I want to die doing rakugo
>Performs the story that nearly killed him

Uh, thats the whole point.

is this yaoi?

>the fire was actually real

jesus christ, does this mean all this shit he sees isnt just visions? can yota see them too?

Yeah my thoughts exactly

The son is absorbing all the smugness around him.

I want to commit a crime

I thought it was Yakumo who threw the candle himself, you can see the shinigami hand him the flame as it's only a vision and can't burn the place down itself. Whether it's real or not i don't know.

Well, the Shinigami was holding him back and as it touched kiku it burned his face, so maybe?

Can someone stitch this part please?

Konatsu, beautiful as usual.

I thought maybe it was representations of his body failing him, or hot embers falling on him.

What is the origin of the Shinigami story? Because I swear I know basically the same stuff in western version.

I'm not ready to watch this episode. The manga was ominous as fuck.

Please let this old man's suffering come to an end.

I figured it was something like this too, Kiku is probably just so caught up in the hallucination that he himself doesn't realize it's not real, but I'm pretty sure no one else can see them and the stuff that happens during the hallucinations are due to something else completely and not because of ghosts.

SHITS ABOUT TO GET REAL

Shiiit, this episode.
They seem to have skipped a scene I thought was pretty great, where Konatsu, Yota and Shin do a photoshoot, Konatsu sees her mom and it turns out she's been seeing her the whole time.

Brothers Grimm tale. I think it was the doctor who's time was up and tried haggling the grim reaper for more time then after a long life he tried haggling again which pissed the reaper off.

Bon had a hard life and did nothing wrong.

This tale I believe: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfather_Death

In any case, it's a shame the theater didn't make it. You'd think the timeless qualities of the theater would ensure it has enough plot armor to outlast Kiku and all the rest

Kiku threw the candle. There is no supernatural shit in rakugo. The red-eyed sukeroku and the god of performance are just manifestations of his desire to die alongside his rakugo and end the art itself.

The "normal" sukeroku is his desire to go on living to be around yotaro, konatsu and shin.

Christ this episode scared me

it's a Kanto countryside variant of "ore", nowadays nobody really uses it

fits his yotaro persona

People like to give specific meaning to Japanese first person pronouns, but the truth is that they really don't mean much of anything. If you google them, you get thousands of different opinions on what each of them mean.

Has there ever been a better anime than Rakugo in recent times in terms of compelling narration?
Rakugo really gives me that tingy feeling of anticipation that I haven't experienced in currently-airing anime in a long time.

most josei-based anime tends to be incredibly well-written and directed at least competently

it's a niche so they need to put some effort into making a spectacle of such adaptations

Weren't tattoos still taboo in bath houses?

Uchouten Kazoku is about tied, I'd say. This year's gonna be hard to pick aoty.

everyone and his mum knows that Yota isn't a yakuza, it's a close-knit community

Yotaro is famous, charismatic and well-liked in general

Holy shit, this episode.

Nothing to say, just tears.

The asshole oldman really set the theater on fire.

they were gonna knock it down anyway.

Rakugo was a mistake.

Holy shit, what an episode, that performance truly was mesmerizing.

Punished Bon edit when.

And here I keep thinking the next episodes won't be as good. Konatsu's shamisen and singing sent shivers down my spine.

SITTING

Here I thought S2 would never be as good as S1, I guess I was wrong.

FAT

Yet another episode I spent terrified that the old man was going to finally die, only to be bamboozled again. Will this ride never end?

Why was Konatsu crying during yakumos story?

Reminder yotaro is a cuck

That ending with the Shinigami looking through the fire, oooooooh this episode was fucking great.

I think she understands that Yakumo misses her mother.
Also, that was the same song that we saw Miyokichi sung last season right?

Maybe she was think of her parents.

Was that bons greatest performance of his life? Has he done any better than this one?

Holy shit. I never noticed that. Does he only show up when someone is close to dying?

I think it only shows up when he speaks to Bon.

He had red eyes two episodes ago when Bon almost died on stage. It spooked me the fuck out when I first saw it.

Red eyes in the OP is just a sign that ghost shit is gonna go down this week.

Can she see her when kiku sees her on stage

Apparently yes.

Is that the one where his childhood friend eats his dad and another member of his family?

Not exactly a childhood friend, and only his dad, but yeah.

Wait, why is the the prison version different than the version that gave him a heart attack?

This and last week's episodes were absolutely glorious, the only thing I can complain about at this point is that the actual Shinigami performance was only 2 minutes long. Then again, S1 was more than enough in that regard.
youtube.com/watch?v=3IH4DK-h3iQ

Having 2 full performances would have taken up over half the runtime. I'm satisfied with 1 performance an episode.

Who was Sukeroku referring to when he said its "his" doing

I CAN'T HANDLE THESE SPOOKS

the Shinigami I suppose.

She's gone full dere now.

This shota walks up to you and slaps your Master on the ass.

What do?

this show's spoiled me. Kiku is such an amazing character. I love how he's not all about performance. his interactions like calling Yotaro one of hell's cooking pots make him so endearing. I can't help but love this bitter old man.

So DEEN is only good at making 2deep4u shows?

Please respond.

Next episode

>>Huge blessing for the best couple this season

Damn, Miyokichi looks like *THAT*?

Underrated port

When will they fuck?

>tongue
My dick

Oh shit, noice.

Don't joke about that.

It's diagonal and it zooms out, gonna to take a bit.

Hey, he's asking for it.

I'm afraid I have to ask you to leave.

Why?

This episode was utterly excellent all the way through.

I wanna give a shoutout to the ED. Despite all the suffering in the show, the ED track/visuals are jarringly uplifting. A perfect way to exit the episode.