Hey Sup Forums...

Hey Sup Forums, what do we think about History Channel with all their shows such as "Vikings" or "Knightfall" that glorify European History, and appeal to a larger audience, rather than their old shitty shows like "Pawn Stars" or "Storage Wars" which had little to do with history. Based or not Based?

I'm assuming most people on here have seen either Vikings or nightfall, so if you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend that you open a new tab and get watching!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bi4fnOpdX-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most actors in Vikings are anglos and finns, so i can't take it seriously

(((TELEVISION)))

(((HISTORY CHANNEL)))

Vikings is a good show. Haven't seen knight fall.

It's got great characters and gets better as it progresses. It doesn't shove meme politics in your face and just created s general theme or viking culture.

It got weird when Loki basically started sucking islams dick

I don't watch vikings.

It makes me too sad to think about what our country could have been.

that fiction is running on a channel with "history" in its name? hahahahaha

cool concept but I HATE the costumes
Why are they all dirty? People still bathed, especially the vikings. The Danish (and similar words in the other scandinavian languages) word for Saturday "lordag" literally signifies bathing day or something similar in old norse culture.
And what's with their costumes? Ugly studded leather. Vikings were the first metrosexuals in history, they wore colorful clothing, they had piercings, jewelry, (probably) had tattoos, cut, tweezed and shaved their hair, braided their beards and hair, filed their teeth down, wore rings, pained their shields and weapons. just like pic related (minus the nigger on the left lol)

But they got the portrayal of honor and so on. pretty good.

They did a 180 on that this season, he's back to being full blown pagan

Knightfall started out great, but after the opening of the first episode it devolved into ahistorical nonsense
>the holy grail nonsense
>phillip iv being some Trudeau boy band kid, when he was actually a grandfather by that time
>major plot point is the affair with phillip's wife, when by that point his wife had been dead for 10 years
>Jacques de Molay or any of the actual historical Templars are nowhere to be found
>muh peaceful and kind Jews that have been unjustly expelled
Here's a historical podcast that more or less showed why Knightfall started strong but quickly fell off
youtube.com/watch?v=bi4fnOpdX-8

I honestly prefer the Anglo-Saxons more (In the Show) as they are portrayed in a much more civilized manner. Their armor is really nice, too.

I'd have to agree with you. Even from a normie perspective, the show has kind of become a shitstorm. I kind of like the whole thing behind the Holy Grail though, but the relationship nonsense is just degenerate.

The Jews have taken what was supposed to be /our channel/

Vikings was great until it became medieval feminism: the show

(((((((((history)))))))))) channel

I will turn my Talmudvision on when they start airing ''The truth about the holocaust''.

Seen one episode of Wikangs while at my parents house, it was decent. Glad it didn't have niggers on it.

>Their armor is really nice, too.

their armor is also really weird, especially their helmets look ridiculous and their plate-whatever armor isn't even anything that was worn at that time. If any of those guys would wear armor they would wear a mail shirt, just like the vikings would. you have to remember these people had been trading with each other for many years, it's not like in the series where they say "there's no land to the west!".

Granted, certain scale-type armors have been described in the sagas and other sources suggest they existed and were probably worn, but the series took waaay too many liberties when it came to that.
Most men would have worn padded clothing, a shield and a good spear, since a good mail shirt would be comparable to owning a nice BMW or something today, a sword probably being much the same

honestly what would you like to see more

Chad Anglo-saxon king
Pic related of what we at least know existed as armor and weapon types back then, nice colors, decorated helmets like you would expect

or

Virgin canon fodder
these two pics of dirty men wearing weird cone-helmets and partial metal plates stuck on a leather shirt

>Why are they all dirty?
>Ugly studded leather
Obviously they tried to create a classic ''barbarian'' look for them. While I do like historical realism, I can totally understand their choice. The barbarian aesthetics are more ''true viking'' in the eye of the normalfag than what you posted. This is why the horned helmet is still used often when portraying vikings; even if it's based on fiction, it's unmistaken representation of what has been commonly associated with vikings.

>burgonets
>in 10th century britain

Viking was a decent show but has gone to complete shit now that Ragnar, Athelstan and Ecbert are dead.

it sucks but you're probably right. Would be cooler with some actual realism tho
oh shit didn't even notice that, I was too busy admiring the plate armor

Too bad vikings makes them cucky feminists in shitty outfits. A lot of wasted potential

I haven't liked knightfall, esp the first episode where knights are kill french people for the sake of filthy hook noses

Have some historical truth but it's mostly fiction and drama. Not a lot of realistic battle decision making and too much soap opera. But still pretty good nonetheless. Goys, watch Last Kingdom, pretty similar to Vikings but even better and more realistic.

Based on the Viking saga of Ragnar Lodbrook and his sons. Great fuggin show tbqh senpai.

Knightfall tried to trivialize Blood Libel as a rumor despite the Jewish sacrificial tradition of killing animals for god and sacrificing sons if god told you to. They also tried, once again, to paint the Crusades as a war of aggression instead of what it really was, a response to 5 centuries of muslim conquest and aggression.

Vikings overplayed the role of women. "Shieldmaidens" had a primary roll of defending the villages from rivals when the men were away raiding. They were not as central to the whole game as they are made out to be and it was all based off of one bitch being buried with a sword in England.

Bot are absolutely revisionist.

The armor and looks are so the audience can easily sort people into distinct groups when many are on screen. Having both armies using mail would be historically correct but deeply confusing for the audience when large numbers are on screen.

In Vikings they did a pretty good job balancing real events with tv drama. The show is huge and both normies and autists love it. Minus the unnecessary feminism BS it would be much more enjoyable. The mosque scene with Floki is pretty fuckin retarded and the muslims are made out to be more peaceful than christians so what's up with that.

Overall, I feel like much less of a cuck than when I watch Game of Cucks. I'd recommend.

As if I would trust the fucking Electric Jew to give me an accurate account of European history.

Halfdan in the brown and blue with the edward furlong haircut is gay btw. Spoiler alert. Did i do that right?

total garbage

Turn it back into the Hitler Channel, you cunts.

Bjorn and king Harold make me so wet. What white birth rates to increase exponentially? We need the viking aesthetic resurrected, even under the taciturn shell of very fervent feminism is the instinct to capitulate to a domineering man.