Why do people keep giving Mari Okada jobs?

Why do people keep giving Mari Okada jobs?

Because she sells.

I learned my mistake after Hanasaku Iroha, which people to this day insist on telling me was some sort of masterpiece and a great show and say I'm just a hater for not liking it.

But it is a masterpiece you fucking balut!

How many shows did her ruined?

I must have awful taste but I've liked almost everything by her that I've seen.

Because why not?

Also Mayoiga was a great ruse cruise

People only dislike her ironically.

Are you high? She was behind Darker than Black 2, a show so bad it no longer exists. Fuck off, it's not "ironic" by any means.

I think Mayoiga gets a bit too much hate. Yeah it was a fucking snoozefest, but half of the reason why it's despised is because a cancerous collection of retards here unironically thought this was going to be "muh epic trainwreck" and hyped the fuck out of it. Okada has done worse.

Sounds like someone got memed.

Mayoiga is probably the culmination of all of Okada's cheap writing tactics and idiosyncracies. Unexplained supernatural shit that makes no sense, childhood trauma out the asshole, things getting resolved in literally the lamest way possible, characters who are secretly bitches, stage play-esque shouted monologues, and having the central relationship be really fucking forced and between the two least interesting characters.The only saving grace was Lovepon.

I didn't want the memes to end.

Wixoss is good.

2/3rds of everything she's ever touched.

1st season sure. But 2nd not really.

Wixoss is good despite Okada.

I only have one thing to say.

Because people still watch her, simple as that. Her name is still recognizable and attracts shitton of viewers. And her writing is still miles better than what average anime writer can offer. Basically this And majority of Okadahaters are newfags and retards like who hate her just because of her popularity. Absolute majority of people here wouldn't be able to name a single other script writer without checking wiki/ANN/anidb.

Black jesus redeems the entire show.

RANGER!

What was the point of Maimai?
And why was Maimai bitching that she had no friends and that was the root of all her problems, when she actually came with a friend who seemed to support her unconditionally?

You don't think hating her for writing a terrible show is a valid reason?

As I said if people like you could name other writers they would know that every single one of them had several bad works. Thankfully Okada has enough great works for every failure she had.

And if you think that Okada killed DtB you're just retarded. It was still popular, it sold a lot and it still had huge following for a while. Bones just decided to discontinue the series, this happens all the time. Season 3 is extremely unusual in anime indusrty.

>Kiznaiver
>Mayoiga
>IBO
>selling
Mmmmmmhhhh

>Okada has enough great works for every failure she had
Ahahah

IBO is selling pretty good though, not if we talk about gundam standard.

I never said they killed it, I said that it no longer exists because if you had actually watched it while it was airing you would know that people pretend DtB2 never happened because it was so bad, like the Tsukihime anime(which also doesn't exist).

You act like people don't know every writer can throw out a stinker. No, everyone knows that. The problem with Okada is that not only is she very visible, but her work is mediocre or bad. This isn't like Okada has a 70-30 ratio of great works to crap. Over half of it is crap or mediocre with very few good series in her resume. And all her crap works, are all exactly the same, with the same shitty Okada writing tics and devices and drama and style.

You don't fucking know anything but you pretend to be so smart.

>>IBO
I thought it was doing pretty well especially when considering Gunpla sales.

I enjoyed Mayoiga and feel like it's pretty misunderstood.
I can understand if it's not your humor but plenty of people don't even seem to get that it's SUPPOSED to be funny.

Her only "bad" show was Kiznaiver, and I guarantee that a studio not called Trigger would still have done better than that.

Honestly it was really underwhelming even as a comedy.

There literally wasn't even a main writer for Darker than Black 2. She only wrote a few episodes.

That's pretty subjective.

>Okada
>comedy

>Her only "bad" show was Kiznaiver,
Unironically kill yourself.
>and I guarantee that a studio not called Trigger would still have done better than that.
Is that why the show is only praised for the visuals?

Yeah but all opinions are. And I'm not even sure Mayoiga was intentionally trying to be a comedy. Like, you can't say "hey Mayoiga was funny to a lot of people" and then when someone says "I didn't find it that funny" you go "well that's just your opinion, man." I could have just said "it's your opinion that Mayoiga is misunderstood and funny" and we'd both be nowhere.

>people pretend DtB2 never happened because it was so bad, like the Tsukihime anime
Again you're huge retard if you think that Sup Forums's opinion matters in Japan especially during times when CR and other streaming sites didn't exist. S2 sold a lot.

People here were mad about ending of s2. They were similarly mad about ending of s1, but obviously no one remembers about it.

>IBO
>not selling

>Mizushima "horror"
>Not comedy

I regret every minute I spent watching this show
It wasn't even bad enough to be funny, it just ended up being dissapointing.

so we can have fun threads here

Seriously a fucking who dunnit while one member killed off every episode would have been so much better than this garbage.

Why do people overlook the simpler things.

She wrote some of the shittiest.
But let's give her that. She wasn't wholly responsible. Let's take a look at the stuff she was in charge of all the way:

>AKB0048
>A show that went 2 seasons and didn't do shit

>AnoHana
>Literally just a huge wank filled with unresolved plotlines despite only having 5 characters and an ending where everybody just cries for 20 straight minutes

>Aquarion EVOL
>lol

>Black Rock Shooter
>Hanasaku
>Fujiko Mine
>Kiznaiver
>True Tears
>IBO, which wasted its entire first season
>Mayoiga

She's fucking terrible.

So is what you said.
>I can understand if it's not your humor but plenty of people don't even seem to get that it's SUPPOSED to be funny.
If humor is subjective, you can't tell the other user that his interpretation of the material is merely subjective and act like yours is the "correct" interpretation. It's fine to like it, but a lot of people "got" it and just didn't find it funny. It's certainly no Another or Blood-C if we're talking about works from the same director.

>It wasn't even bad enough to be funny, it just ended up being dissapointing.

This. There were moments when it was funny. There were things about it that were almost funny. But in the end the show just never went anywhere until the end when it slow-walked to a dumb melodramatic conclusion with tons of loose ends left over, in typical Okada fashion.

Ooh man, Mayoiga already give me nostalgia

Yottsun best boy
Narna Best girl
Threads were pure fun

Lovepon is the best girl.

Memepon was shit
You only like her because of her gimminick execution

A judgement of quality is subjective.
Making an argument about what a show is trying to do and what the creators intentions are is a lot less subjective since it doesn't have as much to do with your own values.

She brought a lot of humor to the show..
I bet I could heal her scarred heart, or at least get to second base before she stabbed me in my sleep.

Well if you were to follow the chain of posts you would see that what I said was that even as a comedy it wasn't very funny, not disputing that it was a comedy.

>Seriously a fucking who dunnit while one member killed off every episode would have been so much better than this garbage.
Okada was one of the main reasons it was so hyped and got so many threads before it even aired.
Without that hype there would be less threads and less people watching it.
Therefore there would be less memes and OC.
And without that it would be yet another forgettable show no one even heard about.

Don't forget Canaan, which was a shit Black Lagoon clone only remembered for one ow the edge episode

>AKB0048
Even /m/ doesn't bash it. Final stage when?

>Aquarion EVOL
Kawamori

>AnoHana
>True Tears
>Hanasaku
You must be fucking new if you think majority of Sup Forums dislikes those shows.

AnoHana's last episode was a massive disappointment to almost everybody and the show dragged so hard after the first like 5 or so episodes that it slowly wore out all the goodwill it had from the first one.

Only complete idiots still believe Hanasaku was good, it was literally only enjoyable watching it with Sup Forums for the memes. It's an extremely lackluster series if you watch it on its own and by the finale a lot of people realized this.

True Tears split the whole fucking board in half.

>M3

Well if you were to follow the chain of posts you would see that in my first post I said I understood people not liking the humor and that's not even the point.
In the post you're replying to I argued the statement that saying "Mayoiga is misunderstood" is just as subjective as saying "Mayoiga isn't funny".

Hey at least NagiAsu was good right?

So what's your point? "It's all like, opinions, maaaayne?" Well OK, so what?

Toradora was a cancer upon this board.

It's the best selling Gundam in 8 years. If you expect 00 and SEED numbers as the norm, you`re a retard. Plus there are several Gundam shows that flopped.

It's like retards complaining about Macross Delta selling bad just because isn't selling as good as Friontier did. Times have changed, kido.

M3 was pretty fucking decent after the first few episodes.

My point is that there is a difference between simply not liking a work of fiction because it doesn't suit your taste and criticizing it because you completely misunderstood its intentions which a lot of people do in Mayoiga's case by not getting that the comedy is intentional.

Are you incapable of comprehending the idea that someone can understand it's "supposed" to be a comedy and still not find it funny? Because Mayoiga is not much of a comedy, even treated as one.

Too bad that regardless of sales IBO's entire first season was so garbage it's basically a load on the second season.

>AnoHana's last episode was a massive disappointment to almost everybody
That's a lie. You either wasn't here or was just one of those retarded shitposters who didn't even like melodrama and hated AnoHana just because it had the biggest amount of threads on Sup Forums.

>Iroha
You personal opinion doesn't matter because you have shit taste. Amount of posts praising Iroha here were always >>>> amount of posts disliking it.

>TT
How does it make it bad, retard? Noefags were angry that their girl lost, they never hated the show itself. I tell that as Noefag who was raging in those threads.

>Are you incapable of comprehending the idea that someone can understand it's "supposed" to be a comedy and still not find it funny? Because Mayoiga is not much of a comedy, even treated as one.
No, you totally can find it not funny. No one ever said you couldn't but I'd whether something is a comedy doesn't depend on whether you personally find it funny.

>Thinks Okada melodrama is good
>tells others they have shit taste

I think we're done here.

lostorage begs to differ

>bitching about BRS
Face it, she is very skilled at making pulpy, enjoyable crap.

>bitching about anohana
I still don't remember the name of that anime that made me cry like a little bitch.

>bitching about hanasaku
It's not fair to blame her for nano.TRIPE and bad direction, user

>It's not fair to blame her for nano.TRIPE and bad direction, user

All the terrible shit in Hanasaku was on her, though. That shit non-ending. That dumb forced relationship between Ohana and whatever that one faggot she never talked to who wasn't in the show for 20 episodes. That tension between Mincchi and chef guy that just built up and up and then wow it was fucking nothing. That hyping up of that one girl whose family owned the rival inn and how they spent a whole episode on her drama but then it was instantly resolved the next episode. That sudden Nako exposition for no reason way late at almost the end of the series because Okada realized she was running out of time and had to shoehorn in some emo backstory.

That's all her, it's all so typical of her style, and it's shit.

And you cried at AnoHana? Congrats, you watched a last episode where everyone cried for 20 minutes so you cried too. I guess that means it was a good series because you cried.

Lostorage also had a different director and several different staff.

Why do you watch romance/melodarama anime at all? That's clearly not your thing.

>All the terrible shit in Hanasaku was on her, though. That shit non-ending. That dumb forced relationship between Ohana and whatever that one faggot she never talked to who wasn't in the show for 20 episodes. That tension between Mincchi and chef guy that just built up and up and then wow it was fucking nothing. That hyping up of that one girl whose family owned the rival inn and how they spent a whole episode on her drama but then it was instantly resolved the next episode. That sudden Nako exposition for no reason way late at almost the end of the series because Okada realized she was running out of time and had to shoehorn in some emo backstory.
Yeah but those didn't make the show bad.

Okada is sloppy, pulpy and manipulative but when she's on her game it's still enjoyable. The problems with iroha were the creepy direction and fucking nano.EARRAPE

yeah but it was boring and gay because of the writing.

And you must be fucking retarded if you think something like Anohana had good writing.

>ad populum: the post
Embarrassing.

I think retarded audiences inflate how much of a role a writer has in am of the retarded stuff she does, compared to the director.

Because I enjoy it when it's good.
Hanasaku was not.

Romance is good if it's between two interesting characters. Okada is bad at romance, because the ships she chooses to focus the most on are always the most forced and shitty between the two most uninteresting characters who have no chemistry with each other.

Her melodrama is shitty because unlike good melodrama, which has consequences and payoff and makes sense, Okada's ONLY builds up and up. She's good at that. But she never delivers on that, ever. So it always just peters out like nothing. Remember when that one guy in AnoHana was crossdressing as Menma? That was just instantly dropped. All the drama in Hanasaku literally just ended out of nowhere. Mayoiga had two thirds of its cast just go "well show's over guess I'll go home lol" after establishing that for some of them their lives were total hell and the others didn't even have any problems and literally just laid around for half the show.

All the defenses of Okada are the same, it's fucking sad.

>W-well I liked it u jus have SHIT TASTE
>I was emotionally moved that one time.
>She sells, sales are all that matter!!!11!!
>She's not THAT bad.

No, she actually is that bad.

Yes, it had. And lots of people on Sup Forums agrees with that. And the same in Japan because it sold lots of BD/DVDs. I really recommend you to stop to go back to watching your shounen shit and never try anything with melodrama or romance in its tags.

As opposed your personal opinion without any arguments, eh?

>the creepy direction
>>>/tumbrl/

Fuck off kid, I enjoy wholesome fanservice but they just did it wrong.

>it sold a lot so it's good
>if you didn't like it you must love shonenshit
Couldn't expect more from Okada fans really.
My bad for even entering this discussion.

>because of the writing
And failure to create a good atmosphere. And ugly visuals.

>It's bad just because I said so
How are you different?

>defending okada's writing
She shouldn't even have a job at this point

Say what you want about Okada, but Sketchbook ~full color's~ was great.

You have not, in this entire thread, made a single substantive argument. All you do is go "muh sales, muh Sup Forums agrees." Why should anyone take you seriously?

>Mayoiga
>intentions
Honestly it's more likely the staff just sat together to drink and threw random ideas until they had enough to fill a seasonal show.
The whole thing feels like some weird experimental shit.

The show did have themes though and showcases a certain kind of situational comedy so consistently throughout anything that happens in it, I think it's a lot more likely to be delibarate.

Does your
>if you think something like Anohana had good writing
count as ``substantive'' argument?

I have no idea about what unresolved plotlines you were talking. Anohana's theme was child friendship, tragedy of loss and moving onwards. And it was gracefully resolved in the end. I'm not sure if is your post, but if it's
>Remember when that one guy in AnoHana was crossdressing as Menma? That was just instantly dropped.
What kind of resolution did you want? Or was it supposed to be dragged for 20 episodes in 12 episode anime? I seriously don't understand what you expected at all.

Why build up to that shit and then introduce it and then wordlessly just drop it literally the very next episode? Why have that subplot with Anal's two bitch friends and then drop that and then have them just having made up at the end off camera, somehow? How about how Poppo had no development or anything whatsoever until the end when he reveals, in typical Okada fashion, that he's traumatized too because god forbid anybody be normal and so he could join in on the Big Cry? What about Menma's mom seeming really bitter and malicious about Menma's death but then wait a second that also just stops mattering and is wordlessly dropped.

Why have that drama and then do NOTHING with it? Because that's what Okada does. And to have all that pointless bullshit in a 13 episode anime, that's just shitty writing. You are fucking stupid because you think wanting the melodrama to actually have a point and a resolution means extending it 20 episodes.

I'm guessing she got lucky with Hanasaku Iroha and Nagi no Asakura?

Iroha will probably be remembered as the best thing she's written and I genuinely would be interested in a S2.

>Why build up to that shit and then introduce it and then wordlessly just drop it literally the very next episode?
The point was to show that everyone feels guilty about Menma's death, everyone's willingness to help to overcome this problem and their complete INABILITY to do that.

Melodrama's are all about personal feelings of the characters. Absolutely everything exists solely for that sole purpose, you retarded imbecile. Name me a single good anime melodrama, because I'm pretty sure you just hate that genre in general.

>The point was to show that everyone feels guilty about Menma's death

What about all the other shit that has nothing to do with Menma?
How do you explain that this is something Okada does in every show, not just AnoHana, so it's not actually a narrative device but an Okada trope?

You are defending shit writing, and poorly.

Honestly, even if it wasn't good, it wasn't bad enough to be memorable. But it's still better than the average anime.

What would sex with Mari Okada be like?

Lots of forced tears.

you guys just hate fun

>What about all the other shit that has nothing to do with Menma?
Did you read my next sentence? Melodrama's are all about personal feelings of the characters. Everything you mentioned is there to show what characters feel or explain why they feel that way. For example you said that Poppo had no development, but his point was to show how deeply you can hide your trauma. And that despite all of that in the end he still couldn't move forward without sharing it with others. His character was an answer to a hypothetical question "why not just try to forget it and pretend nothing happened?"

This season if full of melodramas which are not written by Okada and they follow the same principles.

kek

>Name me a single good anime melodrama
Oniisama e
Though I feel almost dirty, comparing it to Okada trash.

Rangers!