Scanlation Thread

What are you working on?
What do you need help with?
What are you being a lazy shit and not working on?
What do you wish got picked up?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=89124
mega.nz/#!EJAkjD4L!_j0FjKcHa6Yil6-LQzp56EiV1Une8gHsd2I8O9U2yOs
mediafire.com/file/1fzsn74mm0o2e9n/DQSnS Vol 2.zip
pastebin.com/j5n5zSuN
e-hentai.org/bounty.php?bid=16009
viewer.comic-earthstar.jp/viewer.html?cid=43feaeeecd7b2fe2ae2e26d917b6477d&cty=1&lin=0
atlus-vanillaware.jp/osl/comic/
mediafire.com/file/rj7pa69lamz59qr/
ganganonline.com/viewer/player/viewer.html?tw=2&cid=SQEX_DDMMRYUGXXXC0010_72
puu.
zkanji.sourceforge.net/
dafont.com/obelixpro.font
mega.nz/#!x0EQwBpK!CPmKjC_93Y0pfkvgptBJ5TuFYyqoxp9HiUq66vNXdLQ
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/21878/volume17/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I will use this thread since it was made earlier than the other one. Guys anyone has figured a new script for ebj ripping? I'm freaking out here, the one I was using from minomino is definitely not working anymore and the other one from chocolatkey is useless too. Ideas?

The other one?

yeah made 10 minutes ago

Did you try the chinese one?

Oh well, i thought you were talking about

chinese one? never heard of it mainly because I fail to lurk into chinese sites? Which one is it and I'll try it

so there's another scan thread pfft

>What do you wish got picked up?

Souten no Soura

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=89124

volume 1 and 2 raw
mega.nz/#!EJAkjD4L!_j0FjKcHa6Yil6-LQzp56EiV1Une8gHsd2I8O9U2yOs

mediafire.com/file/1fzsn74mm0o2e9n/DQSnS Vol 2.zip

What do you think about the guy who wants to translate 22+ volumes ongoing weekly manga, but spends 5 months for each chapter? True story.

This is fukin disgusting

>22+ volumes
Depends on what manga it is.

I saw it once in a scanlation thead. I don't know which one in the archive.

>What do you wish got picked up?
Yuukoku no Moriarty
All You Need is Kill (manga) writer
Psycho Pass (manga) artist
Published in Jump SQ
Based on Sherlock Holmes stories
Raws are on every raw sites

I thought fujos scans would be all over this but no one touched it so far, hope someone do it tho or at least the first chapter, I love Sherlock's mythos

if there isn't any other group interested in it it's better than nothing, I guess?

Jin?

Kodansha is licensing more and more Manga with each year.

did they license anything notable lately?

I've never done any ripping in my life; should I use Kindle or ebj?

Also like I'd need to find a script for the latter, assuming this guide for Kindle is accurate pastebin.com/j5n5zSuN

Pic related

Nagi?

Ace of the Diamond and All Rounder Meguru
They licensed Chihayafuru last month and apparently Giant Killing too.

Oh? It doesn't work anymore?

God damn. You know, the most annoying thing about this is that what I often want to do is buy rip things because the readers always suck. What a pain in the ass.

I'm kinda sad no one else picked this up after we stopped.

I'm rather sad. It seems mostly unknown, though, so I guess I get it.

Nope, not working it gets stucked with 'this may take a while' and that's it, the console log throws a bunch of errors...Dunno what to do honestly

if it was posted on a pastebin then it probably dead and it'll be kinda impossible to get it now

Anyone in the mood?
e-hentai.org/bounty.php?bid=16009

There's this canvas method I have that, as far as I know, is surefire.

However, it takes a lot of manual work. Are you still interested?

Why is that mango posted on a hentai website?

actually I was gonna ask for canvas method as a last resort so yeah I'm up if you can explain it step by step since my programming knowledge is quite basic

E-Hentai has a Non-H section and Artbooks are typically posted there as such, so it just werks.

Mine is too.

(you may want to use fireden to see these posts, desu has been iffy lately)

involves cmd, so shift + right click the folder where your text file is

Note: When pasting, use something like notepad++ with NO TEXT WRAPPING (turn it off) and shrink the window's height such that only one line is visible, otherwise everything hitches when you paste...these strings are VERY long.

I've been waiting for this thread to come up.

I have no idea how I'm going to get the raws for Obaa-chan to Game now that Comic Earth-Star has updated their reader.
It used to be hilariously simple and right click was actually allowed for some reason.

Raw for Ch.7 link:
viewer.comic-earthstar.jp/viewer.html?cid=43feaeeecd7b2fe2ae2e26d917b6477d&cty=1&lin=0

>shift + right click the folder where your text file is
to be clear, like so

>it's a "load of text over retarded gradient background" episode

??? I only know that Egscan is slow with the manga Jin.

I know, Nagi.

Ok! I got it, I wanted to try out to paste it directly in the browser even tho it says it will freeze it but mine manages to do it and I was able to save it directly from there although it takes a few seconds but the important thing is that it worked (now I'll try using cmd) thank you so much

Thanks.
I'll try to cobble together something that at least semi-automates the process even further. Have a few ideas on how to do it, but I need to think on it for a bit.

that would be nice, hope you can do it

Damn, did Hinamatsuri always have such shitty ebooks? I know they're ebooks, but still.

Are storytimes dead on Sup Forums? I tried to dump a manga I translated yesterday, but the thread died because no one bumped the thread.

Storytimes are effectively dead because Gook won't rescind the absurd 60-second cooldown + the manual captcha. Instead, you get 30 seconds if you buy a pass, which you have to do to dump manga anyway because of the fucking captcha.

yes, public are even worse sometimes.

OP being unable to dump is worse than either of those things.

What a pity. Storytimes have introduced me to quite a few really good manga in the past.

Main reason why ebj got harder to rip is because they use that cancerous emscripten/WebAssembly shit. I have no idea how to debug or disassembly this.

Sorry, that should be "unable to bump"

>OP being unable to dump
Just wait 10 minutes between two posts to bump the thread.

>150104814
they look upscaled with ugly filters like topaz wtf

>manga that is drawn digitally and published digitally (web manga) in 2048px doesn't get an ebook

Why do companies do this?

I can dump a single 40 pages long chapter just fine. The only problem is needing someone to bump the thread once in a while.

I just don't like having to babysit the thread's captcha + a full 250-image thread taking 5 hours.

If I were concerned with piracy I wouldn't release digital or at least delay it horribly. See how nothing gets scans these days while digital raws are uploaded the first few days.

Doesn't that work on Sup Forums, though? But yeah, 5 hour is an pain in the ass.

Reposting the Odin Sphere manga that was ripped recently it looks okay-ish

Odin Sphere got a couple manga adaptations recently to promote the remake.

Web comic by Oshikiri Rensuke (Hi-Score Girl)
atlus-vanillaware.jp/osl/comic/

Ongoing manga in Monthly Sirius, volume 1 (1024px, EBJ is 1600)

mediafire.com/file/rj7pa69lamz59qr/

I'm willing to edit made in abyss if somebody translated it. Raws are in this mega folder:

/#F!zAwBRbAA!rVowK7zl7cW9M-qNjmRJkw

Well, there's been two weeks since the Danmachi spin off was released in Japan. Someone interested in picking this up? Or you can help me just with translation and I could do the rest.

ganganonline.com/viewer/player/viewer.html?tw=2&cid=SQEX_DDMMRYUGXXXC0010_72

Hey fagets, do this to enable the context menu in firefox. No need for plugins or anything like that.

Storytimes aren't really dead, we have shounenshitters doing them fairly regularly.

I got my hands on an old Garo documentary from 1997 called 異色漫画誌33年の軌跡~ガロの時代を読む that has short interviews with a bunch of artists. What's bad about it is that it was recorded from VHS so it's in a post stamp resolution (384x288) and there's few seconds missing in the middle for some reason. I'm going to post it when it finishes uploading.

What are storytimes? Is it just dumping a chapter or what?

This is just my own definition, but dumping a new chapter of an already famous series isn't really a storytime, even if it's technically the same thing. For me, it's the dumping an obscure or new manga, often a short story.

Are you talking about this one? This is not working for ebj.

no, lurk more.
I don't really know about it, it was on a pastebin.

Set the reader to only show one page at a time.
Open Firefox's responsive design mode.
Set the resolution of the rdm to the same resolution the original images have.
Take screenshots using the camera button the rdm has.

After you have all the png images you can use something like ItfanView to convert the grayscale PNG images to PNG8 format. In this case, I've converted them to PNG8 with 256 colors. Way too many colors since 64 would have probably been more than enough, but whatever.

puu.
sh/uuo3W/247ebc200d.zip

Okay, is it still alive?

I'm looking for someone who either has good-quality Fate/Zero raws or has the means of acquiring good-quality Fate/Zero raws.

I want very much to work on scanlating the series, but I absolutely will not use these. Plus, they are as-of-yet incomplete.

Wow. That is bad.

is Anyone using zkanji.sourceforge.net/ ??

The link is dead. It was timed.

What is the name of this font?
(And why can't I get this to work with a font identifier?)

What can it do that other dictionaries can't? I, for one, use tangorin.

Can you share it for me. Just for 10 min is enough.

It's ObelixPro (looks like Bold?)
I hope that when you put it into the font identifier, you're rotating it so that it's level, and whiting out the text bubble.

Does anybody know the name of this font?

I'm not that user, but here you go:
This is ebjhooker. It's by far the best one (in my opinion):
puu.
sh/uup7p/beb35a54a4.txt

And this is ebjripper. It's meh. It sometimes saves pages that have not been loaded:
puu.
sh/uup9W/ff8085163f.txt

dafont.com/obelixpro.font
Because font identifiers are fucking garbage. At least whatthefont is garbage.

I forgot to mention, YOU MUST USE THOSE SCRIPTS IN FIREFOX WITH GREASEMONKEY. GOOGLE CHROME WITH TAMPERMONKEY DOES NOT WORK.

That's felt.

Thank you, user.

I make sure the links of the both scripts are still alive in archives. Anyway, thanks a lot user.

That's it, thanks.

Cool, thanks.

mega.nz/#!x0EQwBpK!CPmKjC_93Y0pfkvgptBJ5TuFYyqoxp9HiUq66vNXdLQ

When I try to use ebjripper, the canvas goes altogether blank and the page stops functioning as a reader. Nothing happens after that. This is after I say that I do want it to dump the pages. What's the deal (if it's known)?

Google says this is its own film (was shown at a film festival), but other sources say it's a TV special. Presuming it can't be bought anywhere?

Use ebjhooker.

No idea, I assume this one aired on TV as an episode of the NONFIX documentary series.

Oh well. Video's crummy but the audio is pretty clear, thanks for uploading. Maybe it'll end up being re-aired one day.

Yamada Murasaki.

Also doesn't work, except it flatly just doesn't work; doesn't change the page in the way that the other one does.

Can someone share One Piece Party and Hiniiru volume raws?

Oh my goodness, I guess I should have given you guys some instructions or something. Ebjhooker is manual, you have to turn the pages yourself. Ebjripper is automatic, it turns the pages automatically. Since you need to turn the pages manually in hooker, it's better since you can wait for the pages to fully load before downloading them. But I guess this info is already in the scripts. Read the code.

I got the working script fix from a few threads ago, but yeah some people just can't be bothered to actually read.

>Read the code.
I did.
>you have to turn the pages yourself
I did.
>Ebjripper is automatic, it turns the pages automatically
I... waited.

Nothing happened. By use of either. It's not like I'm trying to make it not work. Prease understand.

What have you tried to download with them?
It doesn't work with LNs.

ebookjapan.jp/ebj/21878/volume17/
this is all I want
in the world

ebjhooker doesn't work anymore due to how ebj has undefined the todataurl function, so the script can't pull the data from the canvases.

Here you go. It's only 14 pages for some reason. I don't know if that's normal or what.
puu.
sh/uuuqN/55640343da.zip

It does work. Both ebjhooker and ebjripper work.

It's ~200 pages. So no.

You probably ripped the sample.

That must be because I've not purchased it, so it's probably the sample, like says. Sorry, man. All I can tell you is that I'm using the latest version of Firefox 64 bit and the latest version of greasemonkey.
The ebjhooker I'm using is the one I've given you in this post If you still don't know how to rip that, then I don't know how to make it work for you.

fuck's sake
it's not that I "don't know how"
it's that it's not working