El Psy Congroo

I just finished marathoning this, it was so fuckin good, I loved it.

I watched the 24 episodes + Egoistic Poriomania, now I'll try to watch the movie and the IBM shorts.

Should I watch the beta episode or wait until the new anime?

I've never played a VN, but I wanna play this.

I can finally forgive and forget the shitty experience that was the C;H anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

steinsgate0-pc.jp/
amadeusproject.cf/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Play the VN. Maybe look into some of the side material, the Braunian Motion manga in particular is really good. Also most of the people who frequent S;G threads here have already played 0 which is what the new anime is adapting.

Be careful, the movie is really bad comparatively. It makes no sense.

Yeah, play S;G 0, it's amazing too

This thread came in time, I never got into S;G. Should I start with VN or anime? I don't care about details or extra content, I just want the best experience for a first-timer.

The anime is pretty good by itself, but if you want the whole experience I think that you should play the VN

VN. The anime butchered Mr. Braun's character.

I'm surprised there wasn't a S;G thread before this. Where you all at labmems?

Recently there were a lot of S;G threads, and I like that

First of all S;G is fucking brilliant it's my favourite anime. The movie is great especially if you're invested in the Makise Kurisu - Okabe romance. I myself haven't played the VNs so I haven't watched the beta ep. I was really struck at the mere thought of Kurisu or Mayuri dying so I would suggest waiting for S;G:0 to watch that ep. I suggest you watch O;N which is in the same universe albeit not as good as S;G but still very worth the watch. Also be on the lookout for when C;C finishes airing I have heard it's very good.

The post-S;G0 release hype I guess. It was bound to die down after a while, but I'm hopeful the anime will revive these threads.

Do you have cool wallpapers?

Read the VN first or you'll probably get bored reading the vn because youve spoiled the ending already.
Anime 8 hours
VN 40+ hours

should I watch this or play the vn?

>O;N which is in the same universe
It's not. Steins;Gate and the rest of the SciAdv games are just games within O;N, which is a part of the new SVN series.
OP, read Chaos;Head. The anime is a mistake but the VN is fantastic. Be sure to get the new patch for it. You might as well watch Robotics;Notes since there's no chance of its VN getting licensed. If you can, be patient and C;C will probably be licensed soon, anyways. If you really can't wait, then I guess you can just watch C;C. But C;H is definitely a must for that, and preferably not that butchery that is the C;H anime.

Same shit really

>all these anime-only fags

Very disappointing, LINTHALO

If you want more, read the VN and then the S;G 0 VN

Is it okay to jump to the 0 VN after the anime?
Or do I need to play the S;G VN first?

I didn't even know it was a VN until after watching the whole anime.

I want to marry Kurisu

you can play 0 straight from watching the anime, I did first time. It follows a world line where okabe fails to save kurisu
if you play the first VN first you'll have more of an understanding of how time travel is supposed to work as well as a bit more depth to all the characters

Wait, what?
I can't imagine this, without Kurisu.

Moe moe for you

Yeah, I can agree this is probably the biggest point in playing the novel. I remember that first when I watched the anime the "science part" was much more like "oh it works because it works!", but recently playing the visual novels, there is much better and bigger explanations about science behind the machines, time travel, etc. Like Kurisu saying that there was 11 kinds of time-travel theories, I can't remember them in anime.

>wait until the new anime?

Please elaborate... I come from a timeline where there was only one anime of Steins;gate

Post the zero VN cover

Steins;Gate 3 fucking when?

Steins;Gate 0 dude

Watch the movie for the fanservice. Don't expect anything to make sense or for there to be a good plot. Remember the movie is also not canon.

Play the beta episode and then torrent the VN. It's been patched. You can also torrent the S;G VN if you want to.

ばきゅんきゅん~

You can, but I'd recommend going through the S;G VN first. Since you liked the anime, you will undoubtedly love the VN and it gives greater depth to the characters and the science backing the mechanics of S;G.

I have a question related to this.

In the anime, One of the first thing we see it Kurisu "proving" that time travel is impossible, but almost at the end we learn that she invented a way to do it, and that was "before" what I said first.

How's that possible? Did that first D-mail changed the world lines that much?

Her proof was more of an explanation as to why the current 11 theories of time travel were all insufficient in some way, thus for time travel to be possible it would have to be a 12th theory that circumvents all the failures of the 11. Due to the events that occur on that worldline, it's more that she had once entertained the idea and come up with a possible theory but then discarded it and firmly put her foot down in believing time travel was not possible, mostly due to interactions with her father.

Kurisu from the first line thinks it's possible, Kurisu from the second line doesn't think that. Both are because of her father, that spends most of his time researching about time travel. But the way she interacts with that depends on which time line it's, if she hates it, she says it's impossible, if she admires her dad, she says it's possible. At least that's what I understood.

She got pissed off that her father's conference got cancelled in Alpha. She was going to show him the paper, but when she couldn't she washed her hands of all things relating to time travel.

Alpha thinks it's impossible and hates time travel research, Beta thinks it is and has no misgivings about it.

I'm downloading the VN now, any tips?
Should I use a guide or just play and wish for the best?

You'll need a walkthrough if you want the true end on the first try. Get a spoiler free one.
Otherwise you're basically doomed to get Mayuri end.

There is a recommended order to get the endings, it makes it more enjoyable I think, so you should use a guide.

P.S.: It took me 50 hours to get every ending using a guide, and was fucking worth it

>timeline

take the movie with a grain of salt and just ignore how the mechanics in the movie work because they botched that up
otherwise it's fine if you just wanna turn your brain off and enjoy the labomems

>ywn

>mfw someone's already making a proper Amadeus app

I really wonder how it would look like in a year

What? I want to know more about that

amadeusproject.cf

Some other guy who used to frequent these threads said he was working on one months ago. No idea where he went though. Last I saw he was working on sorting through all the audio files. His name started with a T.

agree

What did she mean by this face?

Same thing happened to me a few years ago, I watched the anime then the movie and the I had to play the VN so I actually bought "El Psy Kongroo Edition" for PS3, best decision I could have made, wonderful game, I got the 99% completed.
Then I went and bought the VN of S;N0 but I don't know japanese so this is just for show (for now).

>Then I went and bought the VN of S;N0 but I don't know japanese so this is just for show (for now).

But S;G 0 has been out in English for PC for over 5 months and on PS4 since November...

Exactly that is the problem, for real life quesitos I have had no money or chance to save enough for around six months now, originally I was planning to finally buy a PS4 and then the English release of S;G0 from rice digital but I couldn't, hopefully in a few months(at least the PS4).

user, when I say it's out on PC I mean via torrents. There is no official PC release of Steins;Gate 0. Have you missed the past 25-30 threads? It's there on nyaa right now.

Since I have not been able to actually play it I've tried to avoid spoilers, so the game is really playable on PC???

Can I run 0 on a potato laptop?

Yes. It's a VN which means it can run on half a potato.

steinsgate0-pc.jp/

>I say it's out on PC I mean via torrents
Link please???

The usual place, where everyone typically grabs anime.

It's Kongroo.

Yeah, this. Fuck the movie.

>hear Kurisu say senpai
hnnng

>not buying the collectors edition of 0
Missing out on an extra upa m8

Tarage?
Yeah, haven't heard anything from him for a while.

So, does it just use lines from the VN? Or are there any wacky gimmicks?

What would Okarin do if he saw a nig on USA?

What he did when he saw one in Japan.

Can anyone post some decent fanfics? No sexual shit please

He'll just let him drive the taxi

Reminder that the anime totally misrepresented the foreign guy.
He had eyes as blue as the sky and fair hair in the novel.

drunk kurisu best kurisu

how are you liking the amadeus app, anons?

What app? Is there a link?

amadeusproject.cf/

Is it any good?

It's cute and lightweight. It's a fun little toy to waste 30 minutes. I hope they make it smarter.

>It's cute and lightweight. It's a fun little toy to waste 30 minutes.
Just like Kurisu herself.

God damn.

?

She's just so effortlessly lewd.

Kurisutina is NOT FOR LEWD

You still have to suspend your disbelief though. As a computer scientist, i take issue with the time leap machine that supposedly takes 3.24 TB of data, sends it to SERN (Japan to Switzerland) within 40 seconds (yes i'm aware they have a direct connection to SERN, but still), then they literally compress data using a black hole (wtf?) and send it back (apparently 36b take 24ms, which means 3.24TB should have taken over 11,000 hours if my math is correct), and then they send the data through a dmail, and the data de-compresses itself on the other end in the phone of the target, somehow, and the electrical signal somehow gets converted back into nerve pulses.

I'm not sure what you mean user-kun, she's just standing there all normal like.

I'm really weak to that one in particular.

If that's so, then why am I fapping to her right now?

The compression never bothered me; condensed matter is a real phenomenon. The decompression always got me though - how? what about data loss?

?

data isn't matter

Thanks.

but cell phones use photons, which are matter

I like the science talk, but to enjoy better the anime I chose to think "Kurisu is a genius and somehow she made it work"

>The movie is great especially if you're invested in the Makise Kurisu - Okabe romance
I'm a diehard Okabe×Kurisu shipper and I still say the movie sucked donkey balls.

well, now that i think about, it could still work.
data itself isn't matter, but it is contained on a medium. and the medium itself can be compressed.
but then the explanation would be wrong. they're not compressing the data to 36b, they're just compressing the electrical signals, or photons, or whatever.
if you compressed a hard drive using a black hole, you wouldn't shrink the data to 36b, you would just corrupt the data, because now the hard drive is too small to be compatible with any computer system. until it expands to normal size again. i guess that's what's happening here in a way

>photons
>are
>matter
PHOTONS HAVE NO MASS

sure they don't but they're still matter

yah that's what i meant, I guess it has to be non-entropic data transfer in this case

But they have momentum.

>Congroo

Photons have no REST MASS. It's not the same.