Last Jedi is the worst performing Star Wars movie at the box office, ever

>Last Jedi is the worst performing Star Wars movie at the box office, ever.

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/12/22/last-jedi-daily-grosses-are-swiftly-collapsing-the-worst-holds-of-all-9-star-wars-movies/#643b1ed0355c

worse than Attack of the Clones lel, apparently raping CIS scum Luke and turning him into a whiny pussy was even too much for SJWers to handle.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars8.htm
boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=starwars.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it wasn't a very good movie and it shit all over 40 years of lore

you do realise that a bunch of black womyn are in charge of starcuck lore?

Luke always was a whiny pussy
>but aunty, i wanna go join the webellion
>no luke, now come and do your homework
Then he'd go and torture some wop rats in frustration

White supremacists did this somehow. I know it

>I've seen episode 4 but that's all

Wow it's almost like we already went over all this with the SJW comic books.
It's almost like the people who bitch to have things changed don't actually buy the shit after it gets changed.

Have not seen it yet. Not sure if i am going to.

starwars was never good
the only people who pretend otherwise are turbonerds and women who like to cosplay (aka dress like a slut and act cute)

They literally milked it dry.

How do they justify Princess Leia's life, while the actress is dead? Did they film it well before the actress' death? What could they do to close the character's chapter in the next movie? I didn't even see the new Star Wars, I just read spoilers as ubiquitously seen on Sup Forums as they have been.

What the actual fuck?

Mark told them they'd messed his character up and were making wrong choices so they put this scene in as a final FU

>The Last Jedi
>Budget: $200 Million
>Box Office (Current): $600 Million

I'm sorry, what I'm I missing here? Why is everyone saying this movie is performing badly. It's gotten $400 Million in profits 7 days after.

Is this some advanced shill tactic?

The "problem" is the momentum has slowed and instead of making a fuck ton of money its just making a ton of money now.

He didn't want to join the rebellion, dumbass, he wanted to go to the academy. He turned Ben down at first until going back and finding his family dead

For a Star Wars film it's doing badly, and doing so a lot quicker than others.
My cinema was half empty today

I hate Disney so fucking much. How long will it be until they control every single source of entertainment? Will no one ever stop the fucking rodent Jew?

Yeah but the difference is that his character goes through an arc in episode 4 and gradually gains confidence and courageously saves the day in the end. It's a bit of an old fashioned "heroes journey" but that was the appeal of his character and it is built upon throughout the original trilogy. TLJ completely shat on his character and rendered his whole arc pointless just to "subvert our expectations", a theme which the director employs frequently in an often shallow manner much to the film overall.

return of the Jedi luke was a bad ass

Kikes need super profit cuz they are obsessed with the Rand-Rosenbaum ideology of greed. They are going to oy vey if this movie doesn't make 2 billion.

RIP Dead Carrie
Crash Diet for cringe movie killed you and your mother

*much to the detriment of the film overall

But there was a feminist that made a noble sacrifice in it so it must be a great movie right, soyboys I mean guys?

My friend went to see it said he walked out after about 20 minutes. Everyone I have talked to that has went to see it also said it was awful.

>Jydgin succes by just the budget to gross ratio
>Ignoring the theaters take at least 30% with oversea markets taking considerably more, or the massive marketing campaign

I think Star Wars was a overrated series from the start, like LOTR and Harry Potter. I preferred the whole Star Trek saga mainly pointed at the older show.

With that being said i was fucking offended. I had to turn the movie after the nigger tried to jump ship and the fat chink girl tazzed him and then they started completing each others sentences.

3 Things pissed me off beyond the virture signalling and overly diverse cast.

>Purple Hair
>Princess Flying in Space
>The Bomber scene

>the momentum has slowed and instead of making a fuck ton of money its just making a ton of money now.
Yeah, but still. $400 million profits in 7 days? How the fuck is this bad? How good were the previous movies? Were they making like a billion $ in 7 days or what?

Why the fuck do people watch this shit?

>For a Star Wars film it's doing badly, and doing so a lot quicker than others.
My cinema was half empty today
Yeah, Box Office Mojo says that it earned approx $300 million in domestic receipts.
Fuck man, but still that's $100 million in profits domestically.

Somehow everybody is hating return of the jedi lately. I still like it just as much as imperium. How can you hate the last facing off between luke and the emperor. It don't believe we will ever get such a satisfying conclusion EVER again in Cinema. Now everything is so fucking focused on sequels, that you might as well be watching a TV series. The Marvel movies are the worst offender IMO. Not only do you feel like one movie is just a big commercial for the others but the characters NEVER change. There is no journey, no development. Hell there almost isn't even a story most of the time.

Films cost way more than the listed budget. In the current year, it's typical to spend as much shilling the film as you do on the production budget, for example.

Also, the buget for The Force Awakens was 250-300 million, so I expect this one to be about the same. Break-even point overall is estimated at $800 million in total sales.

Isn't marketing usually included in the Budget?

ayo hol' up boy leave frodo alone, the whole plot is an allegory for the goyim vs the jewim and their minions bruh. sarumon is a rabbi i've studied tolkien extensively.

not to mention it's fucking sick and not overrated at all; harry potter is pretty good too, star wars is definitely overrated.

That is a bunch of gibberish. The movie obviously did not cost $800 million to make. Either kikes stole part of the budget, or they are simply lying and actually just want super 2000% profits.

Star Wars was a classic myth story that promoted themes of hope and respect for tradition. Then (((Disney))) bought it and completely flipped the script because that's what they do best, the subversion of classical western ideology.

Oh, no. The listed budget is the PRODUCTION budget. Advertising is a completely seperate figure.

Also, remember that theaters taketheir own cut of not less than 30% .

>According to Lucasfilm, Return of the Jedi, despite having earned $475 million at the box office against a budget of $32.5 million, "has never gone into profit"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

I'm not even putting politics into it, it's just a terrible movie from A to Z.
>shits on the entire lore
>terrible character development and introduction
>nobody can have read the book and messed up so much story development by missing pretty much a entire movie to get to the point
>absolute garbage tier forced jokes and haha moments
>jedi super hero powers that look completely out of place
>characters that have no place in the SW univeres
>a absolute garbage "it's ESB all over again" sequence
>Luke is a total faggot and dies in the most retarded way possible, it's even more retarded than Han in TFA
>...

I'll could go on for another 30 lines. Fuck Disney and fuck who ever directed this piece of shit.

>>Ignoring the theaters take at least 30% with oversea markets taking considerably more, or the massive marketing campaign
Yeah yeah. But they still made approx $300 million domestically in 7 days on a $200 million budget. That's still pretty huge.
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars8.htm

I'm just wondering why people are calling this a failure. Fuck, if this is a failure, how much did the other movies make?

I'm with you man, Luke vs Vader in ROTJ is my favorite SW scene, particularly the panned sequence of Luke going ham after "SISTAH".

>Either kikes stole part of the budget

No, but the theaters steal part of the gross. 800*0.7 = 570 million, which leaves us with the believable figures of $250m production plus $200 million marketing.

>Films cost way more than the listed budget.
Oh ok. This makes more sense.

So the $200 million they list as a budget is not the true budget.

> Break-even point overall is estimated at $800 million in total sales.

Makes sense. They've currently made only about $600 million. So it makes sense to call it a flop so far.

Thanks user.

So it's just kike mafia Bernie Madoff accounting. Who didn't receive profit? The Jews who blew the accrued millions on yachts and underage prostitutes, or their goyim workers who got paid the "median wage in the industry"?

my SJW coworkers said they liked it but their faces betrayed their actual feelings

Scenes like this makes me restore hope though.

please please PLEASE let Star Wars DIE already

Budget for shooting also does not include the cost to market it, make commercials for it, buy airtime, etc.

it's bad because it's lower than projections.

that's fake

i bet he didn't know what he was doing

"here, squeeze this handle. it'd be CGI to some mechanical dispenser"

>they go ahead and CGI some fucking alien abomination just to fuck with him because star wars was created by the PATRIARCHY

admiral gen dah studeez

I bet the Russians caused this!

How new are you?

someone put the superman music over this

>>Budget: $200 Million
>>Box Office (Current): $600 Million
>I'm sorry, what I'm I missing here? Why is everyone saying this movie is performing badly. It's gotten $400 Million in profits 7 days after.
That's not how box office take works. Assuming your number for the production budget is correct, you still have to add about half for advertising, taking it to $300M. The studio only gets about half the box office, maybe 65% the opening week, with the rest going to exhibitors. That's $300-$390 million. So it has barely broken even. Foreign markets will help, but they get an even smaller piece of the pie from overseas. (I've seen a much higher production budget, which suggests the film is still in the red.)

But it's not enough to make a profit. There's opportunity cost to consider. Studios don't invest hundreds of millions of dollars to break even, they want substantial returns. Otherwise, they might have been better off making a number of smaller movies. They made a profit, yeah, but they (potentially) missed out on a much greater profit by betting on Star Wars.

And they're also counting on this to sell merchandise, and to build momentum for the Solo movie and Episode IX. If this movie poisons the Star Wars well, they could be out a billion dollars on those ventures.

Holy fuck, this is more retarded than my friends described. Glad I saved my money

Totally forgot she's ded. Did she shoot all of her scenes before or did they use CGI or some shit to resurrect her?

I think that must be the case. No sane man would agree to do this kinda scene.

Read the wiki page examples. Anyone with a % (net) profit deal is completely screwed. I assume this adjusts the film company's taxes as well.

lol I'm sure you can find that on /gif/ somewhere

Ep IV is very nice.

I haven't seen hard figures but this movie felt like it had unprecedented levels of advertising and cross-promotional tie-ins. That must have been extremely expensive.

And I am absolutely never going to another SJWars movie after this abomination. If you think "Han shot first" was bad wait until they unveil whatever character deconstruction they have envisioned for Solo.

CGI - carrie generated inappropriately

Pic related is literally the biggest mystery in the galaxy.

...Not really. We all know exactly (((why))).

>Assuming your number for the production budget is correct
That's the first result on Google. Not sure if it's true though.
>you still have to add about half for advertising, taking it to $300M.
Ok.
>The studio only gets about half the box office, maybe 65% the opening week, with the rest going to exhibitors.
Fuck me. What kind of deal is this?
>That's $300-$390 million. So it has barely broken even. Foreign markets will help, but they get an even smaller piece of the pie from overseas. (I've seen a much higher production budget, which suggests the film is still in the red.)
Yeah, makes sense.
>There's opportunity cost to consider. Studios don't invest hundreds of millions of dollars to break even, they want substantial returns. Otherwise, they might have been better off making a number of smaller movies. They made a profit, yeah, but they (potentially) missed out on a much greater profit by betting on Star Wars.
Fuck.
>And they're also counting on this to sell merchandise, and to build momentum for the Solo movie and Episode IX. If this movie poisons the Star Wars well, they could be out a billion dollars on those ventures.

Holy fuck me. How does Hollywood get so much money to push around. Who the fuck finances these projects??

Box Office is gross, so XX% ish goes to theatre. Figure advertising budget was at least another 100million.

Because they spent way more than 200 million. The budgets they tell the public are always wrong

Ironically, he actually wanted to join the academy to be an imperial pilot not a rebellion leader like he turned out to be.

ads and marketing would cost a lot more than that.

Fuck, she did not age so well... I remembered how bad she looked when she was on one of those comedy roasts.

the best Luke was Luke in the Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Academy game (4th Dark Forces game I think)
you have to fight through some massassai temple full of warrior ghosts or something and you find him just sitting alone in a big room meditating and you go up to him like "hey we gotta go fuck these guys up" and he's like "all right, let's go" and in the next mission you get to go fuck those guys up together with invincible NPC Luke fucking Skywalker

Leias scenes were done before she died

i would have preferred that to what really happened

guesswhat.exe

>Holy fuck me. How does Hollywood get so much money to push around. Who the fuck finances these projects??

>hmm i wonder who controls hollywood and who also controls the fiat dollar emission...

People keep saying it shits all over the lore, but how exactly?

Also was the Rose character so bad because of the actress, or was the character itself just totally unnecessary?

boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=starwars.htm

Main issue with the current one is it has a huge production and marketing budget without nearly as much bang for the buck that was promised.

It's like taking out a loan to go gold mining, sure I doubled my investors loan to me but when I promised far more in the way of returns it still means I'm fucked.

>starwars was never good

So true. I'm a nerd, but star wars is too much. SJW bullshit is just the last turn of the screw.

>Fuck me. What kind of deal is this?
it's hollywood accounting. just jewish tricks to hide from the tax man.

Not my wookie

>If you think "Han shot first" was bad wait until they unveil whatever character deconstruction they have envisioned for Solo.

I thought everyone knew about his bisexual phase while he was in smuggler college...

>And they're also counting on this to sell merchandise, and to build momentum for the Solo movie and Episode IX. If this movie poisons the Star Wars well, they could be out a billion dollars on those ventures.

This is the biggest Factor. It's the same reason that Mass Effect Andromeda was such a disaster; even if it ends up making money it does so at the cost of the IP, and thus the profit made by the movie SV offset against all the revenue lost by burning the franchise to the ground.

They were able to sell this movie by slapping the Star Wars label on it, but it just might be bad enough they won't be able to do it nearly as effectively again.

>wait until they unveil whatever character deconstruction they have envisioned for Solo
Han and Chewie are definitely going to make a hairy palms masturbation joke.
search your feelings you know it to be true

To nit pick but the 'half for advertising' rule isn't exactly fair when dealing with a Starwars movie, you don't have to pay nearly that much.

The budget doesn’t include marketing and other crap that they waste money on. If $800 mil is the break even point, then they need at least $1.2 billion to consider a profit. China may boost it up, but everyone saw it on the first weekend and word of mouth chased away the older crowd.

*disney wars

>crash diet
cocaine is a helluva drug

Why is this scowling sour look being sold to girls as an ideal.

It’s like ‘crabby bitch’ is what every little girl should aspire to be when she grows up

Truth, dis Kweeen be the head writer
Ayo hol up...
You means wes all got dat force? Sheeeeeeit

(((Why))) indeed...?

every article I saw blamed it on the alt-right and Sup Forums trolls stuffing the ballot boxes without having seen this masterpiece of cinema, this Citizen Kane with alien plesiosaur titty milking and johj boogyega getting tongued by a fat chink (hereafter to be called a "chunk")

You know what actually pissed me off more than anything else in TLJ? Chewie being carnivore shamed. He's a fucking Wookie, he's a giant bipedal predator who likes raw meat and carnage. I'm supposed to believe that he killed and cooked two Porgs and then felt bad about it because one made kitten eyes at him? Jesus tittyfucking Christ that was a worse character reversal than what they did to Luke.

Learn the movie business first. That number you are sighting is the production budget. Advertising campaigns, toy lines, publicity, will add, sometimes doubling the production budget.

Disney won't say officially because that's how they hide profits later, they can always inflate numbers to show the movie never earns a profit. Therefore no need to pay profit taxes or backend deals to talent.

However, this star wars movie will have to earn close to a billion dollars to be considered profitable.

But that last one earned 2 billion. Therefore anything less will be dubbed a "dud" in comparison.

>Not even niggresses can write a nigger not trying to miscegenate.

starcuck faggots need to go. Sorry you manchildren had your movie franchise handed over to the chaims/negroes. Time to grow up. THE FORCE IS FEMALE :^)

BUT I WAS GONNA GO TO TOCHE STATION AND PICK UP SOME POWER CONVERTERS!

There was definitely some Russian buzz before the ALT RIGHT NAZIS narrative was settled upon by the (((media))).