My girlfriend hates it
Who is right
Can I get a sterile explanation

Other urls found in this thread:

taxplancalculator.com
youtube.com/watch?v=-kU-g15Vve4
fairandsimple.gop
nasi.org/learn/socialsecurity/boomers
npr.org/2017/12/18/570941259/grad-students-tuition-waivers-will-remain-untaxed-after-all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your parents.

But why
I will admit I am not a smart man

Because it's a tax cut

So why are some people freaking out

Because the leftists hate it

They've never made money for themselves and have no idea how economics work. Your girlfriend is a liberal fucking slave who wants to gib her parents $$$ to the government so they can import more minorities

Explain why

Ok but like what's the data
I need hard facts to argue my point
I think the tax cut is good because it's saving me $900
She hates it because it hurts minorities in some way I guess

Tax cuts mean less money to the government

You've answered your own question

Does your gf work?

They literally think reducing taxes means you're stealing from people that benefit from that tax money.

Checked

So is that a good thing?
I'd kinda like my government to be well funded

She's works at a flower shop

liberals need taxes for welfare and government agencies that employ liberals.

Does the left have any evidence of this claim

I think it's because rich people get to keep more of their money and somehow that's unfair because they're poor and don't work.

When you are old enough to Have a job and pay taxes you will understand

piss-down caste economics is proven to work for what it is intended to accomplish

They say it's cutting certain childcare programs but when a leftist's only argument is "Think of the children" you know it's fucking nothing.

So no

>listening to pussy over family
?

But some poor do work
I'm not trying to argue against the tax cut
But Christmas is coming and I know we're gonna argue about it at the dinner table
I want to be fully loaded

I'm 27 and work full time
I agree with the tax cut but I need to have an awesome argument for Christmas dinner other than saves me money

homos and their enablers have no right to speak on American matters

She's makes enough to help with rent

As a general rule, tax cuts simply mean you get to keep more of your money (but in truth it means the gubment steals less) and business also keep more of their money. It should also coincide with a reduction in gibs, but that part never happens.

The hope is that GDP will grow and offset any deficit (1% in GDP offsets ~3 trillion in debt but I'm not willing to die on that hill so unload your "die faggot" and "kys" cannons Sup Forumstards).

This tax package was more strategic. It should actually hurt those is states like NY and California, and help those in "red" states.

This package will hurt me for sure, but if it will get GDP to grow, I may be ok with that (as I'm not a self serving Democrap gibs sucker). If GDP does not grow, then no Trump 2020 (just a fact). If it does, then get ready for Pence 2024.

taxplancalculator.com

A married couple earning $75,000 per year with two kids taking the standard deduction gets a 55% tax cut, saving over $2,100 year year.

>The hope is that GDP will grow and offset any deficit (1% in GDP offsets ~3 trillion

Could you explain this further

>implying amerimutt zionist malignancy does not end up metastasing beyond its cesspit's borders

Watch as California melts down because the rich have to actually pay federal taxes.

I showed her that site and tried to explain the money saving aspect but I guess it wasn't enough to convince her

That's literally all you need. How it effects others doesn't matter, fuck them they aren't you. They have just as many votes as you do to voice their opinion with. Money wise it's great, as well as balancing out how states share in taxes.

It's good for businesses but grows the national debt

the more money the government has the more it will waste. it's been proven time and time again they're inefficient at everything they do, although they are necessary for some things.

people should be taxed the bare minimum to cover things like roads, schools, police, firefighters etc. the closer we get to that bare minimum number the better off everyone is besides the leeches and irresponsible people.

Liberals are conditioned to hate tax cuts (or at least any that cut taxes for the wealthy in addition to the working class, like this latest one)
Conservatives are conditioned to love them

You're probably going to just get answers split down party lines on here.

I think it will be kind of interesting to see how it play out. Due to the lowered corporate tax rates, a number of companies have already announced pay raises, one-time bonuses for their employees, increase capital and infrastructure investment, etc. There's also a lot of talk about how much more attractive this will make it for businesses abroad to spend and invest in the US.

It will also put an ENORMOUS hole in revenue for the federal govt. Which wouldn't be an issue if Congress manages to cut spending in a significant way in the coming years as well, but I'm not holding my breath on that happening. Will the lower taxes lead to increased investment and business growth that offsets the deficit created by less tax revenue? Will be interesting to see. In these past decades these tax cuts haven't been the boon conservatives have touted them to be, but that was just income tax cuts. I don't think corporate tax rate has been reduced in quite a while? Judging by all the announcements from business, it's possible that one might actually yield some pretty significant dividends. Time will tell, though.

But saves me money sounds short term and selfish
Im hoping this tax cut will have long term benefits
But not knowing the first thing about economics leaves me flabbergasted

She's a part of the cult of the left so nothing you do will convince her that her religion of leftism/marxism is incorrect. You need to get a new gf because leftist/marxist have zero morals and will stab you in the back if it means that they help their cult. Many of them are completely brainwashed and can't be reasoned with.

...convince her of what then? She thinks the poor and middle class should not get a tax cut?

youtube.com/watch?v=-kU-g15Vve4

I like her and I want to save her

Your parents probably make enough money at their jobs and have children to benefit from. On the other hand, your girlfriend is probably some unemployed hambeast commie who thinks just because someone else gets something she deserves it too. "FUCK BLUPF"

just use the against me argument

Tell her that you want to keep your money becaue it is fuckign yours. When she disagrees and expresses being in favor of higher taxes ask her why she thinks she has a right to decide what should be done with your money. Keep pushing this point until you tell her "Would you be in favor of the police knocking down my door and kidnapping me or maybe even killing me for wanting to keep my money? Because that is ultimately what taxation comes down to. If she answers yes then cut contact with her because she literally is fine with you getting killed in exchange for getting your money. Never be friendly with someone willing to kill you If no, then you won the argument.

a female doesn't understand math - shocker.

I've been avoiding that argument

Yeah but what exactly are you trying to convince her of though? I was under the impression she was believing the lie of "middle.class and poor don't get a tax cut".

If she KNOWS the middle class are getting huge tax cuts over 55% then what exactly is it you're trying to prove to her?

Good luck. It isn't going to be easy at all user. I hope you succeed. Just remember to never apologize for your beliefs and making her mad by sticking to your guns is a good thing. Hopefully the marxist mind virus hasn't completely taken her over and you can save her. Make sure to cover your own ass too when it comes to consent, etc. Secretly record her saying yes to sex just encase she accesses you of rape. These leftist will destroy your life at the drop of a hat if given the chance. Just be careful when dating a leftist.

Because Trump did it. That's literally it. They're also ignoring the fact that normal people will be saving money and complain about corporate tax cuts

I'll be saving 5% on my taxes now. Your girlfriend is an absolute idiot and you need to get rid of her.

I've got her to realized the whole billion genders and sexuality stuff is bullshit
So I have hope for her

Once the baby boomer generation hits retirement and start claiming benefits, the government will be forced to raise taxes since they account for a large % of America's population. Guess who's going to be paying for all that burden? Yes, the youngsters - including most of everyone on /pol.

So enjoy your tax break for a short while (which isn't really that much of a tax break for people who arent rich as fuck) because it's not going to last forever

I'm a minority in a blue state and I love it. Tell your gf focus on building a stable financial situation that allows her to retire comfortably at a reasonable age and stop feeling sorry for us. If she thinks she's earning minority brownie points wearing a Bernie/Hillary shirt, getting her panties wet over Kaepernick or asking for more gibs for the poor even if it means her own financial stituation via higher taxes, she's wrong. It's embarassing more than anything and points to a severe lack if self respect.

I wish I could user, but finding unbiased studies is all but impossible on Google. It's like Global Conning, I mean Climate Conning: tons of shills very little argument. The pic (related) does suggest an inverse relationship, but as I said: it's not a hill to die on.

Obummer spent 10 trillion and gave us anemic GDP. If Trump wants to spend 1.5 trillion for 4-5% GDP I'm ok with that.

That being said, it sounds like your issue is convincing your girlfriend that taxation is somehow not theft. Unless you consent to give the gubment your earned shekels it's theft, and theft is wrong. Thus tax cuts are "less theft".

Ok that's great and all but my specific question is what exactly is she opposing in the tax bill? If she knows that poor and middle class are getting a huge tax cut why does she oppose that? Show her that specific 55% tax cut example. That's SIGNIFICANT.

Do you have a single fact to back that up

>Why do people who eat propaganda get angry about things that the propaganda says are bad

Here is it in a simple image. The CBO scored it off of Obama's abysmal 1.5% GDP. Trump is already at 3.3%

You can google the baby boomer generation for a start. Read about it. Reputable people have projected the burden on the welfare system including Medicaid, Social Security, etc.

You probably don't believe what I am saying. So don't take my word for it and go educate yourself

guess

So who is writing these articles and studies
What's their background

>She hates it because it hurts minorities in some way I guess
ask her why she gives two shits about people that are 70% likely to rape her

That's a great start user. You may actually be able to save her from herself after all. I wish you the best of luck!

it raises taxes for middle class and decreases them for upper class and lower class citizens, effectively separating the upper middle class from the middle and lower middle class, who are taxed into poverty unless they buy cheaper homes. this tax cut will either get rid of the middle class or decrease the overall cost of living for the middle class

no whamies, no whamies..

How much of your money is another person entitled to?

Nobody told you you could ask questions.
Shut up and drink my soy, Goy.
Do what I tell you, and thank me for the urine on the tip of mien dick, Goy.

It does not raise taxes for the middle class. It cuts my taxes by 55%
Wife and I make $75,000 per year and we have two kids.

Statist cuck

Read up op. Don't be a spoon fed faggot

fairandsimple.gop

I make more than her
That pretty much sums it up

How? Where is race mentioned in the new tax law at all? How does it hurt minorities? What reason is she saying that she think that occurs? It increases tax credits for low income people with children

Shhh Abdul

nasi.org/learn/socialsecurity/boomers

Varied sources from various organizations. There's also been reputable scientific articles written by economists too.

The basic gist of it is within 10-20 years the ratio of working age population to retired population will be curtailed. The old people will start claiming more and more benefits all the while there is less tax revenue. The fact that we're already running a huge deficit is incredibly problematic.

I don't know that's why I'm asking
I was hoping someone could explain her point of view logically so I could understand it better

Literal bullshit.
If you earn less than 250K (single) no matter the state will you NOT receive a tax increase. The people who benefit percentage wise are the fucking middle class tax payers. Stop your fucking lies.

A small portion of rich; those making 300 to 1m a year with multiple large properties will get screwed because of the loss of deductions for mortgage interest.

The tax bill is an absolute shit show that will discourage higher education and cause the brain drain the US is experiencing to grow far worse. You want to make the US no longer the leader in innovation? Well this tax bill does a damn good job of it.

The corporate tax cut is going to be a shitshow because there is zero evidence it will encourage higher wages or investment and will likely be used only to buy back stocks and for dividends. You want evidence? Look to the fact profits are already at a record high yet investment is stagnant.

We've reached a point where we're throwing our society as a whole down the shitter to make a few people ungodly rich for a short while. I'm frankly disgusted in the entire state of affairs because our legislatures are being bought, our government has been bought, we don't live in a fucking democracy any longer.

your gf shouldn't even be able to vote

Her point of view isn't based on logic. SHE said it hurts minorities. Ask her "How does it hurt minorities?" and then tell me what she says.

It's like you're saying "she says raisin chocolate chip cookies hurt minorites". It literally makes no sense.

t. blue checked liberal on twitter

>I make more than her
>That pretty much sums it up

You miss my point. How much of your money or her money is some other rando entitled to? This speaks to the nature of her thinking this "hurts minorities". Taxes hurt you mate. There are people living off your work, and if you don't pay you will have all you money taken and you may well wind up in jail. Who's the injured party here?

So a tax cut makes us stupid?

Shhh leaf

>The tax bill is an absolute shit show that will discourage higher education and cause the brain drain the US is experiencing to grow far worse.

This tax bill makes no changes to tuition waivers nor student loan debt deductions. Stop spreading lies. You're working off old outdated DNC talking points that never made it into the final law.

Take her to the inner city and show her how those """people""" actually live (white and black, those shitholes are usually pretty deverse) maybe that will change her perspective of things.

LOL how racist of her to presume that minorities are on welfare and need more tax money!

Fuckin phone rotation

This is actually a very good point.

What are you talking about, the waiver tax made into the final law.

They tax waivers which discourages higher education.

did your professor tell you that?
Literally every business I work with is looking to expand.

And we never lived in a democracy douche bag.

Gas yourself, you lying pile of shit.

>They tax waivers which discourages higher education.

Proof?

But they DO get more money in this new tax law. The Rubio Amendment was added, so the child tax credit of $2000 per child will give you $1400 FULLY REFUNDABLE even if you owe $0 in taxes. You could owe $0 in taxes and get a check for $1400 from the IRS for the child tax credit, in ADDITION to whatever the Earned Income Tax Credit gets you as well!!

No, it didn't. The tax on tuition waivers did NOT make it into the final law. It was removed. Graduate students will NOT be taxed on tuition waivers.

Do you need this spelled out for you?

Ok, your master's program tuition costs 50000 dollars, but your university gives you a 30000 waiver. Before this waiver was untaxed. Now it is taxed so your education costs a great more. STEM fields benefit from these waivers in far greater numbers than liberal arts fields.

We're making already grossly overpriced education cost far more. What the fuck do you think that encourages higher education? What are you a fucking retard?

Do some research and make up your own mind. Don't get spoon fed opinions by anyone. Not from pol not from the media.

Jesus how did a retard like you get a gf? Is she fat?

npr.org/2017/12/18/570941259/grad-students-tuition-waivers-will-remain-untaxed-after-all

This is 100% incorrect

STOP SPREADING LIES. TUITION WAIVERS WILL NOT BE TAXED.