So I got an iphone X for Chirstmas (early cause leaving on trip)...

So I got an iphone X for Chirstmas (early cause leaving on trip), and I'm not sure if I should trust the judes with my face. What does Sup Forums think?
> face id ok, fuckit
> no face id
> re-gift it
> smash iphone. No jew will steal my information!!

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Turn off Face ID feature. Stick with passcode.
Or sell it to a third-worlder for their monopoly money.

If you're not fully escaping the botnet and you're not involved in any sensitive opposition to the govt, you might as well use faceID knowing that apple, the govt, or anyone who compromises their security could have your face

I'll buy it for $400 and you can get a not gay android

Be master race

You're just not that important, user

You're not important enough of a person for face ID to matter

Sell that shit, buy a blackberry.
No chance of BB sending an update to cripple your phone a year down the road.
Still using mine from 3 years ago, going strong, fast as ever.

They were giving iphone 7's away so I got one of those. I don't use anything from google if I can.

you don't need to push the volume button first. Castizo bro

Nice ss you fucking iPhone mongrel

I don't think that kind of shit is a big deal, personally. You probably have your face in photos on the phone anyway, and the government has your face on your license.

Imagine being stupid enough to buy an iphone these days. Maybe in like 2010. Get a brain.

I didn't it was a gift

don't listen to these retards. Google is the real enemy. Apple will protect you.

I plan to be one day. Not gov, but the judes. so idk. I wanted to ask any tech anons if they already pretty much have your fucking face already or if this is a mistake I could pay for in the future.

>police officer: open up your phone criminal scum
>you: no way, I have my 4rth amendment rights, you can't make me
>officer holds your phone to your face
>iPhone: good to see you user, unlocking iPhone.exe

Doesn't Apple just translate your mug into an algorithm to create a hash?

well you could sue them, they can't do that.

how do we know if we can really trust anybody anymore

not the same as a fucking biometric scan

no this has to do with politics, they would be like wtf are you talking about. I think if they are not redpilled they would be like well why dafuq do u care

>tfw I block the front camera of my iphone
I just can't rest easy with it uncovered, am I insane?

yes, nobody cares about your face among 100's of millions of others.

Nothing says lemming scum like buying Apple shit in 2017

>lemming scum
nothing says retard like not knowing how to read. It's was a fucking gift!

>no adblock
Fucking embarrassing

do you get random gift like that without asking for something ?

you sure said you wanted an iohone as a gift arent you ?

OP FAG

Yeah they are developing face recognition tech and going to hone it with this device. You can expect them to use your face ID for whatever purposes you can imagine, they didn't develop it for no reason.

trust me they know all about this stuff. plenty of people dont want to be monitored for lots of different reasons. security is a big part of technology.

if you are seriously worried about it i think you already know the answer. dont use it. use old technology and dont carry it around with you or at least remove the battery when not in use

I trust Apple more than any Android device purely because they use Google.

My phone was old and half fucked. but i didn't ask for one, neither did I ask for fucking face id one, that's not what this thread is about though.

Why does anybody even need an iPhone, or Samsung Galaxy, or whatever the best flagships have to be? (Serious question)

I mean, what functions does a phone perform (besides video games, which are terrible, especially on mobile) that require bigger/better specs.

I can understand camera, although they're not anywhere near the level of even the most basic point-and-shoot.

I have a Sony Xperia XA, it's a little laggy, camera's dogshit, but everything else is pretty fantastic for the price tag ($170 USD)

>remove the battery
I don't think apple has that feature mate.

yea they can, they can do the same with your fingerprint. Only passwords are protected under some law in the US

Trade it in for an Android you cocksucker

I have an iphone 6. Just changed battery, so that's it. Google jew or apple jew, there is no difference. Both are scam.

no I know I can do that, but my question was specifically about face recognition technology in case anyone knew wether this makes a difference or if just a picture it's the same shit

Cite caselaw faggot. Im calling bullshit.

>when nothing use
it's a phone, someone might call.

doesn't that technically count as your password?

New iphones are always a rip off not worth the price.

Flagship smartphone cameras have been creeping up on even dslr lately, definitely better than a point and shoot.

> young user, still high school
> family buys you an expensive telephone as a gift
> you trade it for a fucking android
no man, I'm not going to trade it, I was joking about breaking it.

The camera doesnt turn off (its how the phone controls screen brightness) so its gonna record your face anyway.

iphone has a light detector and that's how it controls brightness. and i know it doesn't turn of, but u think they get your measurements anyway? i don't think they do that's harder

Stop being a bitch and get an Android

I have been thinking about getting an iPhone too, google is owned by kikes, they have fired that engineer for saying woman are naturally not that interested in STEM. Also I think iPhones are more secure and last longer than droids.

If you're talking zoom levels only, there's no comparison.
And it depends on the DSLR but pure sensor size means there's absolutely no chance of approaching the noise-levels at any ISO of the DSLRs due to a physical cap on the size of the sensor you can fit in a phone body.

what kind of faggot uses an iPhone?

would rather just not use face id

man everything is owned by kikes, that is why i made the thread. apple cannot be trusted either

do you not know how to fucking read?

Chink phones offer much better value for money bit flagship have better camera and screens
You can de Google your phone or get a xperia x and install sailfish

>You trust them to leave the camera off

They have used data gained from idle cellphones to prosecute drugdealers in the US, and those guys use burners they rip parts off of.

37 tabs? Fucking die normie

I know, but I don't think they face id your ass

then dont get a flippin igay
yes the x has more than just a regular camera it has an infrared dot projector to measure depth. that means it can build a 3d model of your face. not sure on the resolution of that sensor but when combined with motion I think it could actually make a model that is pretty accurate.
thats the trade off i guess. if you need that, get an old nokia off ebay to be sure you wont be monitored all the time. even then, they can tap the networks. less is more

yeah I know how to read. you're fucking iPhone user

Bought a brand new One Plus 5t from a friend for 300€. Really great purchase so far. Especially since fixing the screen on my OP5 would have costed 240€

u seem to know tech shit. what I wanted to know specifically was wether it made a difference from a facial recognition standpoint. (imagine they look at my face through some security camera) does it make a difference wether I give them my face id?

Dont use face Id then.

You will inevitably take a picture of yourself with it. Also, there are capacitors next to the power supply, hope it doesnt break down in about a year.

Enjoy the new phone.

Let me ask, do you think SnapChat deletes the pictures?

i got the iphone for christmas, if i could have chosen, i would have bought something else. Anons are committed but we still have to live our fucking lives

I don't really care what apple does with my face. I care what third-party developers can do with it, as they have the potential to access it, and store it, if they implement FaceID into an app they write.

The face id data can be used by app developers, you absolutely shouldn't It might be a futile effort but giving apple your money and your data isn't particularly smart

no, but a picture is not the same as a infrared map of your face. The latter is what i was interested in

What's wrong with a 4 digit number? It's not like the face id think is full proof

Bro they are gonna use your face for future marketing & advertising to you and selling you crap for the rest of your life. Don't feed the beast. You've gotten your obvious answer

They can recognize you with around 90 percent accuracy with a 64*64 image iirc, don't use a camera connected to the internet

Sell it for 600€ and buy a useful device: puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

well apple probably already has almost all of my data, as most people's. Thanks for tip though. but what I wanted to know more specifically was wether face id, which is from close up, could be used for example to see my face more clearly on a security camera? or to recognize me easier, from a distance. what do u think?