"Mary and the Witch’s Flower" by Hiromasa Yonebayashi ("The Secret World of Arrietty", "When Marnie Was There")...

"Mary and the Witch’s Flower" by Hiromasa Yonebayashi ("The Secret World of Arrietty", "When Marnie Was There"), from his new company Studio Ponoc (Ghibli on suicide watch)
>youtube.com/watch?v=9P883TzxWuQ

2 Masaaki Yuasa movies
"Night is Short, Walk On Girl" (With the same "The Tatami Galaxy" team)
>youtube.com/watch?v=tmr6VSOW4zU
"Lu Over the Wall" ("Ponyo 2 Electric Boogalo")
>youtube.com/watch?v=W5W9eHDxBDc

"Hirune Hime" by Kenji Kamiyama
>youtube.com/watch?v=ku5bOuliZtY

"Deva Zan" by Yoshitaka Amano
>youtube.com/watch?v=dnLu5VSdYAg

"Blame!" by Hiroyuki Seshita
>youtube.com/watch?v=hwy806RC2-Q

"Godzilla" animated film (also by Hiroyuki Seshita) pic related

It's, 2017, dare I say, the year of /Animekino/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anime is shit

And Violet Evergarden by based Kyoani makes more hype and looks more consistent and promising than all of them combined.
youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q

I need that fucking Ponyo by Yuasa thing.

Also, I don't even get why they closed down Ghibli, Yonebayashi and his folks seem to be able to get funding.

Its gonna flop, you know it

Each their "flop" actually makes more money for Kyoani than any other flop bacause Kyoanishop

Maybe Yonebayashi has ideas that old Ghibli gang (Miyazaki, Suziki and in less relevance Takahata the Hermit) didn't like.

Yonebayashi was the last hope Ghibli had from the "new age" after Yoshifumi Kondo died, and they throw it away.

They are going to make that 3D movie about a catepillas by Miyazaki, and kill themselves in a Mishima way inside Studio Ghibli office. Takahata should have killed himself after ruining Ghibli financially to the ground with Kaguya (Pretty film, but box office poison for a 40M$ film).

I loved almost all recent anime movies so I am looking forward to all of these.

>Ghibli on suicide watch
It has been since Wind Rises/Kaguya came out, it's effectively dead.

I really liked Marnie too so I hope this is good (Arietty not so much)

ghibli has been playing it too safe they need fresh stories

Which British children's novel should they adapt next?

Lu Over the Wall looks nice to watch in a big screen.

I honestly don't get how Kaguyahime failed in Japan? Maybe the story was just overdone for people who've read it as kids 1000 times over? Personally i thought it was one of the best animations of the past 20 years if not in the history of Eastern Filmmaking but maybe it was just really bad luck.

Art style was so niche for a box office success.
Over schedule and over budget film (Takahata is a lazy grumpy cunt)
It's a Kaguyahime story episode, too much times in Japan and nobody giving a fuck outside there

And for US market
American dub was misfire (Chloë Grace Moretz is the fucking princess)
In US only 29 cinemas featured Kaguya (The less non-Goro Miyazaki Ghibli movie at cinemas... Even with that got more money than Marnie in US tho)

If I was Suzuki I would have fired a truck driver to run over Takahata to get insurance money like Nintendo did with Gunpei Yokoi

Lu Over the Wall looks disappointingly by-the-book for Yuasa.

>a shittier Bakemonogatari
>consistent
>promising
I guess you didn't even read the LN.

I really think that he did Lu Over the Wall so he could get money for Night is Short, Walk On Girl.

He's using the same crew as with The Tatami Galaxy, so that makes me feel that.

KyoAni always finds a way

Nah, I think both are a result of him becoming more conservative. Night is Short looks much better, but it's still essentially a retread of his previous work. It makes sense he'd start playing it safer now that he has his own studio to be responsible for.

>implying
What the fuck happened with Maidragon then? It sucks.

It sucks =/= it sells.

I have been watching screencaps of that anime everywhere here and threads... Even if sucks, it got the buzz, and just wait for Blu-Ray sales for japs jerking off to dragon girls.

>It's a director became a producer and starts caring about budget and money episode

>"Godzilla" animated film (also by Hiroyuki Seshita) pic related
Urobuchi does it again!!

>Amano
>CGI

>actually thinking that 45 second PV-exclusive animation is comparable to a movie teaser with in-movie animation
You're fucking retarded.