Greedy franchise owner

What do you do when someone isnt paying you leagally ? 60 hours a week and hardly 400 bucks??? However owner braggs about just on his bonus buys $200,000 car but cant even pay minimum wage. What are your thoughts suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

dol.gov/whd/howtofilecomplaint.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You report him to the IRS.

What about department of labor?

It's called wage theft. Costco does bullshit like this, you work 28-35 hours a week to have only 25 show up on your pay check. And they say the computers made a mistake and to talk to payroll who act like you're a fucking criminal for wanting to be paid for shifts you've already worked. FUCK Costco

what is your official title/position and what is the franchise you work for?
don't worry, there are probably a few thousand others just like you.

Wait for that sweet sweet trickle down economics to kick in. Now that trump has cut this guys taxes im sure he will be raising wages/giving bonuses/hiring more staff.

Not sure. I haven't had to deal with this since my first job, where one week I just didn't receive a paycheck. When I went to speak to the boss, he got really aggressive and told me that they had an entire month to pay me my wages if they chose to take that long.

I gave my two weeks notice on the spot and started looking for an employer that didn't pull that kind of shit.

go talk to or some shit. this isn't politics.

Murder him and take his stuff.

Does your company have an HR department? Call them first.

If you can't solve the problem that way, then I'd just call the department of labor.

Well i was a window install helper, paid as a w2 employee. It was piece work but as federal standards say...more than 2 employee's and over $500,000 in gross they have to pay minimum wage and over time(over40hours) if it does not equal that in hours worked. Window world is company name and my location was northern nevada, owner owns one in yuma, and riverside(ca) i think also. Our store alone 1.8 million in a year so what the fuck. Side note, costco i heard was decent and sounds like they are just fucking with you bigtime and illegal!

Its biz politics really and all are corupt so it ties.

They dont have hr, small business and lady on backend is either stupid or lies on paperwork. Prolly will show i never worked there.

>not all Jews...rubs hands.

Are you salaried or hourly? Are you being paid for the hours worked commensurate to your employment agreement? Did you consent to work for no pay at any point? Is the model of car this franchise owner purchased actually $200,000? Is it even 6-figure? There are very few models of car one can get at that price, I suggest you provide it.
Think about all of this before you take it that far. That being said if you really aren't getting your fair share commensurate to the law and your agreement I suggest your take him to small claims court (if the claim is small enough) or look at OSHA.
It's pretty fucked up when someone underpays their employees. That's like beating your wife or actual rape and not condoned by any reasonable individual, let alone the law.

I wish he was jewish would have not had to sell my guns ect to eat and put gas in car. Hes from a country that prides on sweatshop practices...take wild curry guess is my thoughts.

Document what you can yourself and take it to DOL (and court)

I dunno man, I refuse to work for anybody.

In 1993 I punched my last boss in the face for shaving hours (I forget his name, head cheff/manager ect at the convention center in Edmonton near the arena, he got caught/arrested for his bullshit later on in like '97 or so) drove down to the coast, bought a pressure washer, and went around putting up paper with my rates for clearing moss off sidewalks, prepping houses ect with little rip-off tabs with my number on them.

I lived in a tent and saved up and then started painting houses instead of just pressure washing, I made some bids, frontloaded overhead payment into the contract as much as possible, and then hired some ppl to help get it done, and used my savings to advance them/buy material that wasn't covered ect, and I began to repeat this process and hire more people.
And that formed my company that I still work for.

Find some way to control your revenue yourself. It's hard and you might have to risk whatever you have, and you might even make way less for your work then you'd get working for somebody else while you're figuring our your way, but once you get it running and you know how...you could do it again from nothing if you had to. You'll never have to worry about being exploited again.

Think of some niche and fill it.
Like just an example, from California and up to Washington state and then from there over to the east coast is a belt in which cherries are prolific in your country.
You can straight up just take cherrywood for free at many orchards, you might even find people who would pay you just to haul it away from their property.
And then you could sell it to craft stores/farmers markets in the American SE.
Of if you have the talent, carve it yourself and sell it.

Just an example of the kind of stuff that might be right under your nose that you can make honest cash from on your own terms.

I believe its a 911 gt2 rs so prolly more but what the fuck ever doesnt matter if its a geo metro. I quit a job making 12 bucks hr because he told me i would be making more than that. Online ad says $40,000 a year. At my 60 to 55 hours a week i calculated max income potential would be $22,000 anually. Never agreed to work for free at all but some days litterally made nothing cause of various fuck ups with salesmen ect and never compinsated. I was paid per window and verified it would be more than i was making before i quit. Lied to and taken advantage of my ignorance in labor laws.

Fast food / franchise jobs are for teenagers felons and illegals. Either A start doing something like construction or flooring eventually become a foreman and start your own but. Or B Get a job at a bank Wells and boa both pay min 15 an hour due to tax bill and have good benefits. At least be a server/bartender or deliver pizza where you can make closer to a living g wage but don't work fast food or retail unless your seriously a retard.

Well from what i expierenced it was drunks and potheads. Way ahead of ya also, electrician and first week on job already got bonus. This is getting better and never did piece work. figured my work history would kill it To many factors i couldnt control and lgnorance on labor laws. Never thought this shit happens except to felons and illlegals.

How the fuck is this a problem lmao your union is going to have a fucking field day if someone's not paying you legally.

Ok good

>What do you do when someone isnt paying you legally?

If your are not being paid for hours you have worked you need to report him to Department of Labor Wage & Hour Division.

dol.gov/whd/howtofilecomplaint.htm

I have and thanks for information. Really just want him to feel the pAin. social media or his cash , expose the facts and truth will come to this guy eventually.

>What are your thoughts suggestions?
Trip outa here to /adv/
You are shitting up up Sup Forums with this mouldy old pasta.

HAHAHA.

Unions are few and far between here, my friend. They pretty much bankrupted every area in which they were prevelant some time ago.

Unions are a joke mostly, very few locations with power.o

Contact an employment lawyer if you suspect wage theft.

I did but no one wants to touch it, right to work state bullshit.

Unions are morally reprehensible. Essentially legalized mafia.