Is it just me or is there some kind of fucky thing going on with late 90s too early 2000s anime

Is it just me or is there some kind of fucky thing going on with late 90s too early 2000s anime.

What is up with their art style? Why does everyone look like an autistic high schooler's fantasy dream?

Its like they can't get proportion right in ANY sense!

Fucking Yugioh is probably the worst of the bunch, what is this? Why would ANYONE make this art

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JWqCka1heVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yugioh is a masterpiece and you have shit taste

name one thing wrong with the proportions of the boy in your image

His eyes take up 30% of his head, his hair looks like someone put a round bowl under it and glued blue fur around it, his ears take up another 30% of his head, it just goes on and on from here

>his eyes take up 30% of his head
do you know how percentages work?
if you're gonna bait at least use one of the yugioh characters that actually looks like what you're describing
also either way what's the problem with that besides your taste being shitty
neck yourself underagefag, not everything will look like your nu-moe post 2010 anime

>he complains about eye size in anime
Sure I'll take the shitty bait.

That's not a criticism of anything, those are just flat observations anyone can state

>30%
>implying
>implying that fucking children don't have goofy head proportions compared to the rest of their body anyway

I wonder if having a unique, recognizable art style and cast of characters that don't all look the fucking same has any effect on popularity?

>His eyes take up 30% of his head
> his ears take up another 30% of his head
They fucking don't, more like 10% each and also what sort of complaint even is this when you're watching anime? I see bigger eyes than that all the damn time in any era of anime.

> his hair looks like someone put a round bowl under it and glued blue fur around it
Do you know what "proportions" are? Because this doesn't qualify.

>his eyes are too big and his hair is ridiculous
Jesus Christ, man, welcome to anime.

DORO
MONSTAH KADOOH!

That's what a bowl cut looks like.

that's like the best era of anime precisely because of that reason
autistic character designs are fucking hilarious and gen 1 yugioh is cool as shit

>Fucking Yugioh is probably the worst of the bunch, what is this? Why would ANYONE make this art
Kazuki Takahashi was trying to make an edgy horror manga about /tg/ shit.

I FAIL TO SEE THE PROBLEM

QUALITY =/= art style. That's what OP is talking about.

It's really quite impressive how DM could go from beautiful animation to just utter dogshit from arc to arc.

Can I get a quick rundown?

Early 2000s anime looks weird sometimes because animators were still getting gud at using computers for everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=JWqCka1heVg

This is bait, right?

The animation team blew all of their budget animating Marik's faces, so they had to get their preschoolers to draw the last few arcs.

>tfw when we will never get to know if this young baselord got to fuck Mai

Honestly I loved Yu-Gi-Ohs artstyle.
Especially how they drew eyes.

Someone doesn't understand art; especially aimed towards teens and younger.

You don't get the whole creativity and legal stuff behind as to how hard it is to get creative and stand out against the competition.

You're lucky enough this series didn't get enough Jojo references, otherwise you probably would've just hated it all in general and still wouldn't get it.

yo whys this nigga like bugs so much

>Why does everyone look like an autistic high schooler's fantasy dream?
Because that's exactly what they are.

Joey carried the series

You know he's supposed to look weird, right? He's literally the 'bug guy'.

Diabetes typ A.

I still want to cave this little cunts head in

>art
It's a drawing.

>no one will ever be autistic enough to create a real version of Kaiba's card game technology

Sucks, man.

Cheer up.

There was already tech for making it happen back then.
Nowadays its almost dropped to the point to call it cheap.

SO MOCK MY WORDS, THE TIME HAS ALMOST COME!

Not the biggest problem with YGO

what the fuck was his problem?