aikatsu-pos.bn-ent.net/1st_anniv/dress/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw waifu finally comes back from war

Quiz time

>Who's your favorite Stars character and why
>Who's your least liked Stars character and why

>Putting your bias aside, what's one good thing you can say about Stars overall
>Putting your bias aside, What's a bad thing you can say about Stars overall

>What do you think Stars does better than OG?
>What do you think Stars does worse than OG?

Something something Lily Wins

Lily better win.

Waiting on 5, 7, 8, and 9's signs of life.
mega.nz/#!QI5iRbgY!zB7vkIpiRGH4IJ7O97lDPB5d15xaik6HitXt_bFGxso

I want to fuck Lala.

I'll take the other hole user.

>Lala will never be with you here and now

I'm gonna fuck her right here and now.

>>Who's your favorite Stars character and why
Koharu because she was the cutest and prettiest and funniest. Also the principal, the guy is hilarious.

>>Who's your least liked Stars character and why
Tsubasa because she's a cunt and also ugly and her episodes are boring.

>>Putting your bias aside, what's one good thing you can say about Stars overall
All the girls are cute! Except Tsubasa.

>>Putting your bias aside, What's a bad thing you can say about Stars overall
Most of the girls are too cool serious types who do really lame attempts at comic relief sometimes. And one of the few girls helping balance the cast in the other direction was put on a plane.

>>What do you think Stars does better than OG?
Fappable girls, also girls that can show emotions other than a professional smile.
>>What do you think Stars does worse than OG?
Casting M. Sumire in a fitting role.

Lily, she is a nice combination of both "cool" and kind. Also ends up making the characters in scenes with her "pop"
Rola they just don't really know what to do with her most of the time to the point where she is just a "meme"

Side characters really fun.
Shoving Yume into everything for no reason.

CG quality is definitely improved
Character balance.

New PP better have an Ajimi equivalent.

Ako. I've liked her since she first appeared because I'm a catfag, but I also believe she's gotten some of, if not the best character development over the course of the show so far.
Anna. She's annoying and the obvious Johnny comparisons don't help either.

I think it's done a really good job with the development of Yume and Subaru's relationship, despite it being one of the things I was most scared about when the series started.
The current state of Rola's character.

Better sidles.
I liked OG's atmosphere a lot more, but that's more of a personal preference. OG managed to hit pretty much all the right points for me.

Idol Time is going to be the ruin of the world.

I keep on forgetting Anna exists until she shows up and I think oh look knockoff Johnny.

I almost forgot about her while writing that post. She's the only recurring character I outright dislike, although there's a few others I don't really care either way about.

That we see Anna all the fucking time and the other teachers once in a blue moon makes me so mad.

Even early Moroboshi was better, and 99% of his screentime was looking dark and edgy and muh keikaku rainbow reeee.

It's at times like this I wish the archive wasn't dead so I could save myself some effort. Short version is that Johnny is more of an exciting inspiration to do your best, and he pushes everyone's backs. In contrast, Anna is a more motherly, guiding figure who has actually been in their shoes as a former student and member of S4, so she usually doesn't give any direct answers. Instead, she creates a safe environment and watches over the girls without being pushy. She won't create the spark in you, but she'll nurture it into a raging fire.

So basically she's too lazy, or unable to, give the girls actual advice, like a fucking teacher should.

The only time Anna's been remotely helpful to her students growth was when she pushed Rola onto Lily and her old teacher who could actually help her.

Show me a time Johnny gives any advice.

Oh boy it's this guy again who praises everything Anna does just because she has a vagina

I like Anna's design, but I don't like Anna.

show me a time where Anna did anything more than giving advices

You didn't actually answer my question, so I have no reason to answer yours. Your example is otherwise valid, for a single time in 178 episodes.

Rewatch episode 46 right now.

It's the guy who overanalizes a lot about the characters' roles in the plot and their development and growth or their contribution to someone else's growth etc etc, all to justify them not actually being fun to watch.

Rola. Her attitude towards the beginning of the show sold me on her. I'm also a sucker for "cool" idols. And I just want to play with her hair.
Principal, he's an ass.

Keeping Soleil's seiyuus in the show
I'm not that far into the show, but finding out that Koharu gets canned later on is stupid.

>What do you think Stars does better than OG? No Mizuki-like character that's worshiped like a fucking goddess
>What do you think Stars does worse than OG? School staff isn't that likable.

We wouldn't have to if people didn't conflate entertainment with value or emotions with logic.

>Principal, he's an ass.
>I'm not that far into the show
Then you need to catch up whenever you can. Moroboshi is not that bad as you think he is.

Seriously. I'll never understand some people fixation that others should like X character just because "it's well written" or because "it fits their character" or something.

Besides, like her or not, it's undeniable that Anna was created with intent of making her similar to Johnny with so many of her mannerisms and attitudes being alike on surface.

That's why I like the other teachers too, and why they aren't getting compared to OG characters all the time like Anna is, they are their own characters rather than trying to carry the legacy of a previously existing one.

>Moroboshi is not that bad as you think he is.
He's still an ass. He's also a filthy siscon.

Rewatching the first episode reminded me that Roller actually started off as my favorite, before any edge she had rolled off into the distance.

I also wish they spent more time building Yume and Roller's relationship, or at the very least showing their development to us. They trained together in some early episodes and bonded in the one featuring the Shiny Academy girls, but then Roller just faded into the background, before reemerging as Yume's supposed close friend in episode 16. Yume crying over Koharu for a couple of episodes made more sense than the dramatic fight she had with Roller when we actually see Yume consulting Koharu about her troubles in almost every episode up until Koharu's death.

>154251131
Ako because she's the only character that's shown worthwhile character development and has the consistency to stay relevent when she doesn't have a main role in the episode.

Mahiru because all she does is do Karate Chop and rides on the back of Yozora for anything.

The M4.
I absolutely hated Sena for being half assed and completely useless in making Akari's character more interesting when that was the whole purpose of his character. M4 is different each of them are making significant impact in making story more interesting.

The songs don't stick to me as much as the OG. Listening to Lucky Train and Start Dash Sensation, etc... gave me much orgasm when i heard it for the first time but that hasn't happened with any Stars song.

Keeping the art quality more consistent. I don't fuckin care if the art style is easier to draw, I couldn't stand the influx of QUALITY in OG.

Ignoring the character development, the characters aren't visually attractive enough. Even meme characters like Sumire was a great in terms of visual level.

There's literally nothing wrong with being a siscon.

How is he still an ass? He cares for Yume, cares about his students and doesn't want the same shit that happened to his sister happen to someone else.

>gave me much orgasm when i heard it for the first time

Rola was made into a jobber, in the real sense of the word. Her purpose started to become the one who loses out somehow just to further Yume's progress. That's why early-Rola was good, she was actually a rival and felt like a rival, someone who was equal to Yume and were in an actual competition. And then Yume started to BTFO Rola left and right and Rola character transformed into "Why can't I beat Yume why do I suck so much Yume Yume Yume".

Heck, that's actually one of the few good things Anna has done, she told Rola to stop comparing herself to Yume and get shit done in her own for herself instead.

he's an ass because he's become irrelevent and boring.

If he truly cared about Yume or wouldn't want that shame shit to happen to someone else he wouldn't take such roundabout ways to solve the issue where the person afflicted by his actions would end up being hurt more often than not. Yume came out alright because MC plot-armor.

plz no bully the socially awkward dork

Hold on just one minute. Rola won almost every single competition against Yume in the first 15 or so episodes of the show, and then the following 15 had Yume win. They haven't competed in the 15 since. At the start, they were hardly rivals as Roller steamrollered all over Yume. Why do people forget this?

The quality of the competitions matters too.

>Rola wins
Takoyaki

>Yume wins
Performance alongside the bestest S4 ever for free

And that's without taking into account all the free-passes the rainbow gave her. Even her classmates were gossiping about how it was bullshit how much preferential treatment Yume was getting.

That's the point, it went from Rola steamrolling Yume, to Yume steamrolling Rola. There was never any back and forth, and it just made it seem like Yume had surpassed Rola completely.

>The two character whose roles and goals are centered about other two characters are considered the most boring Stars characters
Really makes you think

The first "major" competition was implied in episode 16, where Rola was supposed to perform with Hime, but Yume had to step in. The next was episode 18, where Yume barely made the top 4 for Aikatsu Island. After that it swaps. However, I disagree with your point that the "quality" matters, since I don't think you're using it right. In every single competition, they went against each other at full strength. Just because one is to get a CD and one is to be an ice cream image girl (which, by the way, is a great gig since you get it for an entire year with continuous exposure) doesn't mean it's any less valuable.

Yume, I love her cheerful but not overly genki personality, her delusions are cute and funny, she has a lot of interesting and unique relationships, and she's grown so much.
Koharu was my favorite before she left ;_;
I don't dislike any of them but Tsubasa, she just doesn't really have any storyline going on and doesn't get much attention

The characters are for the most part just as likable as OG's, maybe slightly less just because OG characters were amazing
I'm not the biggest fan of the S4 format (not S4 themselves), it feels like everyone's goals are much more straightforward where in OG they were a bit more broad since everyone's goal wasn't necessarily "top idol". I think this format will lead to less than satisfying long term results, and it's already showing with the recent discussion since the S4 selection started. I'm also worried about Yume and Rola, it wouldn't be satisfying for just one of them to make it, or for them to tie, or for one of them to give up, or for one of them to change their goal this far in.

Rivalry and competition
Character interactions (mostly compared to OG S1)

As a whole I think the S4 format is very interesting, especially put side by side with Oldkatsu. There used to be Starlight Queen and top of the Aikatsu rankings, but if you were a model like Ran or actress like Shion you kind of got screwed out of the top spots. With four distinct classes, you can have more idols be the best. And separating them doesn't mean they only do one, since all of S4 can act and sing (and learn instruments...) and so on. Basically they're both good.

???

Chinese bootleg?

Looks like a little girl version of Dance Evolution.

Those better be boys.

youtu.be/A8VCgQmt3gc

Will this teach me to be an idle?

I think the S4 selection process is pure nonsense. A single live performance doesn't mean much in the large scheme of things. The Aikatsu 8 section being a measurement of popularity, merit accomplishments and talent made more much more sense. It doesn't help that live performance competitions I'm Aikatsu are really boring and arbitrary unlike PR or PriPara.

How's Pripara any different?

Aikatsu looks and sounds like garbage

Is it OK to group S1 and the rest of OG together?

In PriPara you can tell who did it better because they will have the most over the top and elaborate performance and appeal. In Aikatsu unless they do special stuff or one of the characters pulls a Sumire you just see 2+ girls do stockish performances, they both do the same appeals and at the end a winner is arbitrarily picked regardless of the visual or musical representation of the performances.

Trying to find out info about this Danpri, I found out about a now-discontinued netgame Dungeons and Princess (DanPri) which apparently prided itself on the number of ecchi CGs they had (mozaic added)
So yeah, that's something that you want to make sure little girls don't find.

aikatsu-pos.bn-ent.net/1st_anniv/dress/

Yume. Hearing her voice is very relaxing to me.
I don't really care about any of the teachers other than Anna.

The S4 characters turned out to be more likable that I had thought they were going to be.
Koharu really does feel like her only purpose in the long run was to be a source of drama for Yume. I would really like to see her return after having accomplished something on her own in her time away.

The characters feel like they have deeper relationships. In OG Aikatsu the girls were certainly very close friends but I don't remember any having a relationship that was anything like the friendship/rivalry between Yume and Rola. They are both best friends and worst enemies at the same time.
Rola's catchphrase is way too forced compared to Aoi's.

>>Who's your favorite Stars character and why

I like most of the cast. But Yume in particular is my favorite. Her boundless energy and determination in spite of her inexperience makes her a fun MC to follow. Koharu is a close second even if she's been gone for a while.

>>Who's your least liked Stars character and why

Rola. She's gone downhill as a character to the point where she appears to be more of an extra/catchphrase machine than a true rival. The Mahiru dynamic shows a glimmer of hope for her as the season closes.

>>Putting your bias aside, what's one good thing you can say about Stars overall

Everyone feels like they matter. No matter how OP S4 is or how little we see of characters like Haruka and Yuri, they all contribute to a new spirit of Aikatsu that allows everyone to shine in a competitive environment.

>>Putting your bias aside, What's a bad thing you can say about Stars overall

Rainbow Aura was dragged out and made out to be something worse than it actually was. Now that it's been 10 episodes since it was last seen, it feels horribly out of place in the series.

>>What do you think Stars does better than OG?

Individual dynamics and supporting characters make the competitions seem far more meaningful. As a viewer you really appreciate their victories a lot more.

>>What do you think Stars does worse than OG?
World building is very lacking. Hardly any designers or families to bridge their idol lives and personal lives. Also the self producing pretty much kills the chances for the school staff to be properly fleshed out.

>The Mahiru dynamic shows a glimmer of hope for her as the season closes.
If it was with a character that complimented Rola better I would agree, but they're just as boring a pair as they are individually.

The coords don't usually make much of an impression on me unless they're really stylised, like the Halloween ones, but Shion's for tomorrow's episode is lovely.

Delete this!

Weebs please.

Sort of reminds me of the doujin which includes Rin being embarassed about her non-sexy underwear, which is pretty cute.

>Juri-senpai's underwear so mature...!
>Juri-senpai's underwear is umm...umm...erotic, isn't it!
>Middle school boy

Thanks!

>Middle school boy
Typical Madoka. I guess she's upset Rin is looking at other girls and their underwear.

Yuzu, I thought I was going to dislike this genki girl but I ended up loving her thanks to her antics, also she's a genuine good friend which is a plus, I wish we knew more about her class besides "Yuzu's so best that the others might not appear at all"

Koharu probably, I don't dislike her at all, but I don't really care about what happens to her.

I love the general atmosphere and how the story feels like it's going somewhere.

Character managment, specially Rolla and Mahiru.

The comfy aspect and the CG in general.

The story itself and some character interactions, seriously, we need more episodes with strange duos to generate more fun interaction.

Not upset, just taking advantage of how easy it is to tease and fluster Rin.

rip paffe

I need more Kasumi family shenanigans for the sake of Mahiru's character.

Hopefully next episode.

She didn't look happy in the second panel. But at the same time, I would probably find it difficult to not tease Rin.

It should be illegal to have armpits this sexy. Must be genetics.

Yeah, just like Kasumi needs. For her character to be MORE only and exclusively about her family and to revolve only around that.

Though considering even the episodes where Mahiru does something not related to her family suck too perhaps there's simply no fix to Mahiru's character. Hopefully next season will get her someone for her to bounce off.

>M4 is different each of them are making significant impact in making story more interesting.
I'm calling bullshit on this.

Subaru and Headphones are actually getting shit done as you say but I don't even remember the bishie one name and the only reason people remember Asahi is because he's Yozora and Mahiru sibling.

I just want to see an episode focused on all three Kasumis, it doesn't have to be done specifically for Mahiru's character.

>M4
Asahi will see more action once Koharu comes back and he's torn between loyalty to Yotsuboshi and wanting to tap that traitorous ass.

>You will never be part of the Kasumi family
>Your dad will not be a media mogul
>Your mom will not be a beautiful multi-talented celebrity
>Your onee-san will never be one of the best idols in the industry
>Your sister will never be one of the best idols in industry that will succeed your onee-san
>Your brother will never be one of the best male idols in the industry
>You will never be born with superior Kasumi genetics making you smart, beautiful and talented
>You will never be part of such a happy and successful family

>You will instead be forever be a failure browsing Sup Forums every day and watching shows for little girls where girls who don't even reach 20 are more successful, responsible, talented, smart, happier and led much more successful and richer lives than you do while being up to a decade or more than the characters of those such shows

It's fine because I could meet you guys.

I just find her more fun when she interacts with her siblings and adore the group as a whole. Mahiru is the only one of the three that I care less about individually.

Also Asahi is best boy.

You could still meet up while being a successful person rather than a failure.

I admit this one's useless. But it's not his fault Mahiru's a flop.

>the bishie one
The gay one.

You need to complete the Hoshi no Tsubasa challenge after obtaining a SPR set to obtain the related wings.

>Asahi looks gay while Nozomu looks like a pussy slayer
>it's actually the other way around

Sometimes I feel like wings were a mistake.

The rest of the time you're sober.

I have a feeling she will be nothing like Mizuki, but a revamped Seira

Let's get sloshed!