I want to do a small survey about archetypes. I am curious to know who Sup Forumsnon thinks is the best

I want to do a small survey about archetypes. I am curious to know who Sup Forumsnon thinks is the best
>onee-san
>imouto
>childhood friend
>tsundere
>kuudere
My belief is that there is nothing wrong with the types, it's just that the execution is usually bad, and occasionally good. I am interested in other archetypes as well but these will do for now. You can comment on other types if you wish.

I like onee-sans desu.

Can you give examples of good and bad executions of some of these? Just curious.

OP here. Well, what sort of brought this up is I've been rewatching To Heart 2 recently, and the archetypes seemed to me to be more appealing than usual. In other words well executed.

That said I think Tamaki from To Heart is an excellent example of a well executed onee-san type, despite being childhood friend and NBR.

I'd say charl from da capo 3 is a shitty onee-san.

She is boobs and that's it.

Charl is one of the hottest anime girls ever, though

Genki Girl > NEET/Tomoko-type > Nee-san > Tsundere

Objectively.

I don't disagree with you on that

I think white Kotori is a really cute imouto.

All of them because old hags are fucking disgusting

Tomboy, they never win, but they're always best.

Ah yes, Tomboys. Well how about that girl from TWGOK? She won at least.

Kozue from YnS was a real good inchou, too bad she didn't get a route.

>NEET/Tomoko-type
Erio is best

Erio has legitimate autism, so she doesn't count.

fuck you

Fuck no, I hate Erio. What I like in that type is anxiety disorder, not autism.

As a general rule I dislike characters that strongly fall into an archetype. I don't find them to be very memorable.

fuck you too

I actually prefer autism to anxiety and hate NEETs.

I like the otokonoko type.

Smug imouto

I'm mostly fond of well-executed tsunderes (Taiga from Toradora = GOD TIER, Eriri from Saekano = SHIT TIER), as well as impactful blatant characters (Utaha from Saekano A CUTE).

Genki tomboys are miracles. Otherwise geniki is just annoying.

childhood friend a breddy gud.

this traps are the best.

The fact that you can group a character you like into a single archetype already decreases the value of the same.

>My belief is that there is nothing wrong with the types, it's just that the execution is usually bad
I agree, as long as they make all of them lolis there is no bad archetype.

the girl who has question marks over her head.

Tomboy

The answer is always tomboy

Rin from the visual novel is pretty good, assuming she still counts as a tsundere.

tsun tsuns because I'm a fucking retard.

Tsundere onee-san
Tsundere imouto
Tsundere Childhood friend

Are all good.

Fuck kuuderes though.

Imoutos and childhood friends have too varied personalities to really count as archetypes, so I'm neutral towards them (onee-sans tend to either be ara aras or kuuderes, though, so they're nice).

Kuudere characters are always nice, as their cold dismissive personalities force the main character to do his best to win them over, while being calm and rational for their initial rejections to not come off as being annoying. Rei clone danderes are boring as fuck, though.

Tsunderes, on the other hand, are basically the concept of kuudere exaggerated to the level of being horrible characters. What kuuderes do is pretty much banter, so there's no issue with that, but when a girl is going out of her way to be violent and a nuisance to people, that just makes them insufferable. Tsundere requires good writing and a partner who's just as tsun himself in order to be tolerable, but the sheer overuse of badly written tsunderes pretty much ensures tsundere is shit as a whole.

The best archetypes are genki, ara ara and hajidere, though.

>all these faggots that didn't read the OP

Osananajimi > Imouto > Tsundere > Kuudere > Onee-san.

>you can comment on other types if you wish
Anyway, my personal favourite is the snarky calm girl.

Out of those, Imouto is obviously the best, but onee-san can be better if executed correctly.